PDA

View Full Version : 4 State Finalist, possible State Champs From The Same County

olddawggreen
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Allen, Wylie, Celina and Prosper all located in Collin County. Prosper won a state title last week and the other three are playing for the title this weekend. WOW!, Whats in the water up there?:eek:

JR2004
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Tradition and community support. All of them having better facilities (Indoor facilities for example) than most of their counterparts is kind of the icing on the cake.

I. B. Watching
12-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Now that's impressive.

STANG RED
12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!

All have a tremendous pool to draw from and capitolize on. Count yourselves fortunate to be in an area that affords the oppertunities it does.

But even so, I'll take the slower more laid back approach we have in west Texas, where the spaces are wide open, the air is clean, traffic is sparce, and sanity is easier to maintain.

All areas have their pros and cons. I guess it just all depends on what your looking for and what makes you happy as an individual. Heck I've tried them all at one time or another.

Looking4number8
12-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

All have a tremendous pool to draw from and capitolize on. Count yourselves fortunate to be in an area that affords the oppertunities it does.

But even so, I'll take the slower more laid back approach we have in west Texas, where the spaces are wide open, the air is clean, traffic is sparce, and sanity is easier to maintain.

All areas have their pros and cons. I guess it just all depends on what your looking for and what makes you happy as an individual. Heck I've tried them all at one time or another. :iagree:

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Fort Bend Co. has a team in each of the 5A title games. (Well...technically Katy is in Ft. Bend AND Harris counties) :D

trojan37
12-19-2008, 02:36 PM
McLennan Co.(Waco area) had La Vega play for the 3A title, Mart play for the 1A title, Reicher win its 2nd TAPPS title in 2 years, and Midway fell just a couple of games short in 4A. Not too bad either.

waterboy
12-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Allen - yes
Wylie - maybe
Celina - no
Prosper - already done it

:D

marler1972
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Collin county 4-0

East Texas 1-4
DF will win

CelinaTurf
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Allen, Wylie, Celina and Prosper all located in Collin County. Prosper won a state title last week and the other three are playing for the title this weekend. WOW!, Whats in the water up there?:eek:

What's in the water???

SUCCESS IS BRED IN COLLIN COUNTY. ESPECIALLY IN ORANGE.

CelinaTurf
12-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Tradition and community support. All of them having better facilities (Indoor facilities for example) than most of their counterparts is kind of the icing on the cake.

The facility has nothing to do with the success. Up here it is not acceptable to not succeed. It's not a concept that we let into our minds. "If you can think it, you can do it" - works both ways. therefore we don't think failure. In Celina we've been thinking 9 all year long.

I like this version better than the one with long green arms.

Looking4number8
12-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

While the possible 4 state champs from the same county is very very impressive, I agree that it has a lot to do with the pool to pull from.

Here in Brown county, let me count the schools

Brownwood
Early
Blanket
Zephyr
Bangs
May ( i think it is in brown county) they go back and forth between 1A an 6 man. think they are 1 A now.

That's one 3A, two 2A, two 1A and 6 man team

Allen probably has twice as many students as all of these schools combined.

WOS87
12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
As many titles as Collin County has, they've only won 2 in the same season twice... and have never won more than 2 in the same season.

The first time was 31 years ago yesterday

December 18th, 1977 Sports Page

http://idisk.mac.com/cboehme69-Public/stats/pngwylie77.gif

The only other time was last year when Celina and Farmersville both took home trophies

turbostud
12-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Ummm.... how about just plain old good coaching?

westcoast54
12-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Ummm.... how about just plain old good coaching?

That helps alot too. However this is another reason why we should go back to ONE State Champion per Classification. If Celina wins, both 3A State Champs from same district. If Stratford wins in 1A, both Champions from same district. If Wylie and Allen both win then both 5A Champions will be from same district. Does anyone else think this should be changed? In 3A and below just give the District Champ a Bye in the first round. In 4A and 5A guess you would have to add a round if you want to continue to take four teams. I don't know. I'll get off my soapbox now.

DDBooger
12-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Allen, Wylie, Celina and Prosper all located in Collin County. Prosper won a state title last week and the other three are playing for the title this weekend. WOW!, Whats in the water up there?:eek: Prosper D1 champ, Allen is down, wylie and celina lost.
Hightower has a lot of speed

Pick6
12-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Prosper D1 champ, Allen is down, wylie and celina lost.
Hightower has a lot of speed

#11 on defense for HH is impressive