PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport controls Decatur's Destiny??

The One
10-21-2003, 08:34 PM
If Bridgeport beats Lake Dallas this week then for sure Decatur will go Div-1 and get a first round match up with Everman. Bridgeport couldn't spoil Decatur's district championship last week but could damper their playoffs this week. Isn't it funny how things work out!

wildstangs
10-21-2003, 09:08 PM
So a Bridgeport win keeps Lake Dallas out of the playoffs, right? Is Bridgeport the favorite in the game? If Decatur and Everman do meet up in the first round, I am going to have to make a trip out to the metroplex!

The One
10-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Well you may want to start booking that trip. Not sure what the line on the game is yet but Bport should beat Lake Dallas by a touchdown or Two. But then again you know what they say about "Any Given Friday".

fury900
10-22-2003, 12:42 AM
http://www.collier-sharp.com/oct243.html
Bridgeport at Lake Dallas by(3)

Matthew328
10-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Lake Dallas could still beat Sanger and make it in even if they lose to Bridgeport...but they'll need some help....

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2003, 06:13 PM
IF... Bridgeport beats Lake Dallas and Little Elm... (Still a big IF...)

then wouldn't the deciding game still be determined by how Little Elm and Lake Worth???

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Anyone... Anyone...

Bueller... Bueller...

LOL, seriously, I think Lake Worth may suprise a few folks in how the rest of this shakes out.

The One
10-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Slpy,
My money is on Decatur, Bridgeport, Lake Worth in 7-3A.

KTownBalla
10-23-2003, 09:11 AM
If decatur does go D2, then Kennedale will be matched up against them correct?

If they go D1, then we will most likely play Bridgeport?

vet93
10-23-2003, 09:20 AM
If Decatur goes DII, assuming they win all of their games and assuming that you guys win all of your games, then you would not play them. You would play the 2nd place DII team from that district.

KTownBalla:
If decatur does go D2, then Kennedale will be matched up against them correct?

If they go D1, then we will most likely play Bridgeport?

Roll'em up
10-23-2003, 09:32 AM
If Decatur goes DII with a 1st place finish, just like last year, they will go west to district 5. Graham, Iowa Park, Vernon.

shsu62
10-23-2003, 09:40 AM
Decatur would play Everman if they go D1 or they would play the 2nd team that goes D2 out of District 8. THey wouldnt play the Graham ,Iowa Park, Vernon district until the second round

Chief Woodman
10-23-2003, 09:49 AM
I look for Lake Worth to do better than most folks think for the rest of the year. I have been informed by some Lake Worth folks that after the Bridgeport loss, The coaches finally moved players to diiferent positions more acustomed to thier talents and they feel like it is a much better team for it. So the Lake Worth team of games 1-6 this year will be different for games number 7-10. It is way too early in this district to tell which three teams will make the playoffs. Decatur is only 2-0 and not through with the schedule yet. While I expect them to make the playoffs and hope they win the district crown, lets not decide who will be where until it is determined on the field. Bridgeport is greatly improved since the start of the season, but they are by no means a shoe in either. In my humble opinion, the teams in this district are way too even to predict anything.

As far as dampening Decaturs playoff chances. In my humble opinion it does not matter Div I or Div II. Both have quality teams that will have to be faced. Would not be suprised if there are as many district champs in Div II as there is in Div I. Kennedale who beat Everman will be in Div II, so how would that be any easier? Kinda seems like your comment is a slap in the face to Kennedale...who you might face in round 1 again, with the same results as last year.

Don't kid yourself. While the thought of the post may amuse you...you need every win you can get so you are not sitting home on week 11.

<small>[ October 23, 2003, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

Matthew328
10-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Here is the deal...Decatur if they go D1 play Everman....likely a much tougher 1st round game than if they go D2 and play Venus...BUT if Decatur beats Everman their road gets MUCH easier..if they go D2...their first game is easier..but then the road gets tough becuase D2 Reg 1 looks to be fairly deep this year...interesting dilemma...Decatur fans..if you had your choice which would you pick?

Old Cardinal
10-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Good reasoning Matt! This whole Div I vs Div II thing reminds we of an ole song, "Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die!" I get a kick out of hundreds of smaller schools saying they are just as good as the Division I ones, yet able to point out only a half dozen successful examples. It's also kind of tragic that everyone says Division II is stronger; yet they hope and pray they don't end up having to buck the Division I schedule all the way up.

MASH4077
10-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I for one want to play Everman. The risk is greater,but so is the reward.Besides if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best! Knocking off the 2 time defending champs would be a feather in a cap. Even though it is a tall order.

olddawggreen
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
MASH4077:
I for one want to play Everman. The risk is greater,but so is the reward.Besides if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best! Knocking off the 2 time defending champs would be a feather in a cap. Even though it is a tall order.I would have to make this game, it would be a great one to see.

Chief Woodman
10-23-2003, 01:09 PM
Theone seems to rubbing his hands in glee hoping Decatur goes Div I. But if Matt is right, then that is the best thing for Decatur. Could it be theone is a closet Eagle fan?

Frankly..it does not matter to me Div I or Div II. As Matt points out, Div II is no slouch. Teams in Div I (Everman, Gainsville, Forney, Dangerfield and others are not exactly average teams.)

Either way as long as my son has fun and avoids injury I will be happy.

repeat2002
10-23-2003, 02:22 PM
If you really look at the entire picture in 7AAA and Region I, it seems to me that theone is probably not a Decatur fan. What he really is concerned about is the fact that if B'port does not take care of their own business (beating Lake Dallas), they could end up in the third play-off spot - in line to tackle the Wildcats of Kennedale in the first round - sure misery for the Bulls. Also, if they don't take care of LD, that puts Decatur back into the DII picture. Decatur, on the other hand has no control over what the other teams in the district do, so why even worry about it. No one controls Decatur's destiny but themselves and it looks as if they are taking care of that week by week. As easily as they were manhandled by Decatur last week, it looks like the only thing B'port has a chance to control is their own destiny.

Chief Woodman
10-23-2003, 04:21 PM
Would it ironic if....it came to the last game of the season...and bridgeport is depending on Decatur to win so they can get into the playoffs. Who's destiny is in who's hands? Decatur could come in flat and LD wins, putting LD in the playoffs and Decatur into D II, Totally knocking B'port out. Maybe it would be a good game for the thrid string to start and get some experience. eek! eek! eek!

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2003, 05:13 PM
...hmm... Good posts...

I can promise all that The One is a Die-Hard Bull fan just like the Slpybear.

And isn't a previous poster correct that the top seed DII seed from 7-3A will play the #2 seed of 8-3A? I don't think the number one seed goes west until after bi-district.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I think the 2nd and 3rd place positions are FFFAARRRR from a sure bet at this point.

But, as I also mentioned earlier, I love to bet. If I did on this, I would say Decatur, Bridgeport and Lake Worth... in that order.

Also want to add that I would love to go see Decatur-Everman or Decatur-Kennedale... those would both be a heck of a good game to watch.

Wow, it is great to see some District 7-3A talk!!!

Roll'em up
10-23-2003, 10:36 PM
I stand corrected. Decatur did play 8-3a Glenrose in the first round last year. And yes, it would be bi-district that they would possibly play someone from 5-3a.

bleedgreen
10-24-2003, 07:37 AM
You can go to the website below for football pairings in D2
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/fbpair/aaatwo.html

The One
10-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Well I can promise I am just the opposite from a closet Eagle fan. I would like to see nothing more then to see Decatur face Everman in the first rd. I would expect that to be a first round loss for the Eagles and early start to roundball. As for the Bulls, yes I think they will be the 2nd place team in the district but I think that shows how weak our district is. This is probably the weakest Team Bport has had in quite sometime. At the begining of the season I didn't think the bulls would even make the playoffs but due to increased good play of quite a few sophmores the bulls will be in the playoffs. Will they go anywhere, no! If we were to get Kennedale in the first round then it will not be pretty. Kennedale this year is better then either of their teams in the past two seasons. If we get Venus then the Bulls might sneak into the second round. As for Decatur if they were to beat Everman, I will definatley be the first one on here eating a big helping of crow pie as I always am!!!

CatsDen
10-24-2003, 10:25 AM
what does "W" and "R" represent on the UIL Football Pairings bracket?

Chief Woodman
10-24-2003, 12:28 PM
W = winner R = runner up. The team that placed highest in the district of the two teams is consider the W

CatsDen
10-24-2003, 02:09 PM
so the "W-8" stands for Kennedale (winner of district 8-3A)? then the "R-8" stands for Glen Rose (since Everman goes DI)?

Chief Woodman
10-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Barring a miricle...w = Kennedale...r = whoever steps up for third...glen rose is not a lock for that spot

mjbf
10-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Cunningham will have the Tigers in the playoffs when its all said and done!!!