PDA

View Full Version : Two State Champions from same District possibly happening a lot this year!

kaorder1999
12-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted!!!

In 5-A, Wylie and Allen

In 4-A, Longview and Sulphur Springs

In 3-A, Prosper (Already Won it) and Celina

In 1-A, Canadian (Already Won it) and Stratford

THAT IS WILD!!!

cshscougar08
12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Looks like we need another realignment! Spread out the fun!

banderafan
12-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

In 5-A, Wylie and Allen

THAT IS WILD!!!

If Celina wins, I think it be the first time for 3A to have both DI and D-II champs out of the same District. It almost happened in 2002 with Burnet/Bandera.

Emerson1
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by banderafan
If Celina wins, I think it be the first time for 3A to have both DI and D-II champs out of the same District. It almost happened in 2002 with Burnet/Bandera.
Forney and Commerce almost did it in 2001 as well

Twirling Time
12-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Pilot Point and Pottsboro (10-2A) both made state semifinals. Pottsboro almost got it done with their backup QB. No way PP was stopping Muleshoe, though.

BwdLions
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

In 5-A, Wylie and Allen

THAT IS WILD!!!

I know Stratford is a really good football team and has been for years, but I watched Canadian beat Mart last Sat. and they really impressed me. They were solid on both sides of the ball. I think Canadian won state in 2A last year if I'm not mistaken.

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 11:31 AM
In 2004 Wylie Won the state Division I title. Snyder and sweetwater played for the Region I Division II Championship then Snyder played In the Semi Final game in D II. at one point 3 out of the 12 3A teams that were in the playoffs were from the same district. then the next week 2 out of the 6 teams left in it were from the same district. that is sort of like this.

BMOC
12-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
In 2004 Wylie Won the state Division I title. Snyder and sweetwater played for the Region I Division II Championship then Snyder played In the Semi Final game in D II. at one point 3 out of the 12 3A teams that were in the playoffs were from the same district. then the next week 2 out of the 6 teams left in it were from the same district. that is sort of like this.

Sort of, but not really. You're talking about your Snyder team that lost in the Semis, they are talking about teams that are STILL playing in the finals. 2004 was a good year for that district though.