PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Wells

wildstangs
12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Read on The Old Coach that a couple of 2-3A current coaches have been in Mineral Wells this week. Would that really be a step up from any place in 2-3A besides Breck?

3afan
12-18-2008, 06:55 AM
of course it would - lots of potential, good new stadium

Looking4number8
12-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
You couldn't pay me enough to take it. Nice stadium=nice place to lose and have your family harassed by imbreds.

:)

Send_the_House
12-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry, I'm still laughing about the Breck comment..

trojan37
12-18-2008, 10:21 AM
I know nothing about Mineral Wells so I'm curious, why the negative comments? What's wrong with going there?

BwdLions
12-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I know nothing about Mineral Wells so I'm curious, why the negative comments? What's wrong with going there?

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice people there, but they have more than their share of trashy people there. There are bars and biker clubs all over that town. A lot of people I know call it Miserable Wells.

DUKE22
12-18-2008, 11:17 AM
All I know is that they have a haunted hotel there LOL.

LionKing
12-18-2008, 11:18 AM
While Mineral Wells doesn't have much tradition nor long time success, they have had and probably still have a lot of talent potential, being on the outskirts of the ever growing metro-plex can be a real asset, and would be a nice start for an up and coming energetic coach to make a name for him self, or even an experienced coach that needs a new start.

RedWhiteBlue
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
They also have one of the really big Super Walmarts, a Braums, a Chilis and a little outlet store...

bulldogs_1975
12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Seriously imbreds I do not think so. I take offense to that when I know for a fact that some of the places that I see that some of you are from have the imbreeding going on. I will agree parents are horrible there but when you are not getting the job done you should be fired. Sorry if that offends anyone, they have talent are they going to be competitive against Aledo and some of those teams probably not but they should never get beat 60 -3 and 50 -0 and some of those scores as they did this year and last.

RedWhiteBlue
12-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
Seriously imbreds I do not think so. I take offense to that when I know for a fact that some of the places that I see that some of you are from have the imbreeding going on. I will agree parents are horrible there but when you are not getting the job done you should be fired. Sorry if that offends anyone, they have talent are they going to be competitive against Aledo and some of those teams probably not but they should never get beat 60 -3 and 50 -0 and some of those scores as they did this year and last.
First of all.... it is 'inbreds'. And secondly, I wouldn't take it personal if someone calls another town 'inbreds'. A great deal of people on here refer to others as 'inbreds'. I don't think Ernest really meant to offend anyone.:rolleyes:

Trashman
12-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Mineral Wells has never completely recoved from Fort Wolters beging closed by the Army in 1972. In it's prime Mineral Wells was the place to be and be seen.

westcoast54
12-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Nope, didn't mean to offend, unless you're an inbred, in which I appologize for associating you with the city of Miserable Smells, Texas. It is the definition of coaching graveyard. Almost nonexistant talent and some of the most ignorant people you'll find. Ask Kelly West about that. His wife had to stop attending games b/c of the abuse she had to take. He takes them to the playoffs for the first time in at least 20 years, but gets fired for starting his son(district sophmore of the year, and later on all-state QB) over a hometown kid. When his son got hurt in a game, the crowd cheered, and I dont mean when he got up.
Eventually, it may see some of the DFW growth, but it'll be at least a decade. Good luck dealing with the place in the meantime.

And he was hurt badly. Received a very bad concussion. However they did Coach West a favor. He just came to Gainesville and went to the State Championship game. Left Gainesville and is now the DC in Cisco where he is going to his second State Championship Game in three years there.
That Old Coach post also said that the WF Rider's Head Coach has been in town too.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Where did Bourquin(sp) go?

wildstangs
12-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Where did Bourquin(sp) go?

They let him go.

VWG
12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Guys are interviewing there for the money. Mineral Wells pays very well.
No AD duties either.

bulldogs_1975
12-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok that is a little extreme they did not cheer when he was hurt I know 100% for a fact because I was at the game in the pressbox. Yes the fans are very bad in Mineral Wells, Yes the talent level is ALOT lower than other towns in that area. There was alot more to that whole west situation than what you are telling everyone. His wife did some stuff to kind of bring alot of that on herself. I know the whole story and for Coach Borquin I am truly sorry about that he was a good coach and a good man that should not have had that happen to. I will say alot of the problems rests on the school board and Superintendent and if that ever change then it will be 1000 times better and a place people will want to work for.

Spaceman_Spiff
01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Blue did a good job in MW and got the shaft...Harvey did an ok job in MW and got the shaft...West did a good job in MW and got the shaft...Borquin did a good job in MW and got the shaft...anyone notice a pattern here?