PDA

View Full Version : Celina in the DMN

ronwx5x
12-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Sound like DMN is beginning to notice that more than 5A football is played in the Metroplex! Short, but you get to see and hear a couple of the players.

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dallasnews/sports/index.html?nvid=313824&stry

Emerson1
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Celina is always pretty well covered. Outside of them and prosper 3a sucks around here now

ronwx5x
12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Celina is always pretty well covered. Outside of them and prosper 3a sucks around here now

Emerson, where are you going to school next year?

Emerson1
12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5655/tarletonstatetl8.jpg

JR2004
12-17-2008, 05:06 PM

3A ball in this area just isn't too good. We have the only team in this area that could compete with either of them, but we're so poorly run on one side of the ball that even we don't have much of a chance to make a game of it.

Twirling Time
12-18-2008, 01:17 AM
The DMN has hardly covered Celina this year until the last couple of weeks, I've noticed.

Of course, going 4-3 at the start and having Wylie, Allen, etc. also go deep might've had something to do with it.

Emerson1
12-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
The DMN has hardly covered Celina this year until the last couple of weeks, I've noticed.

Of course, going 4-3 at the start and having Wylie, Allen, etc. also go deep might've had something to do with it.
Because there were no other good team in the DFW Celina played. In 4A and 5A there is a battle between the top 10 every week it seemed

Twirling Time
12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Because there were no other good team in the DFW Celina played. In 4A and 5A there is a battle between the top 10 every week it seemed

So what else is new? No good 4A or 5A team in DFW ever would play Celina, except for Heights this year.

Emerson1
12-18-2008, 11:08 AM
So what else is new? No good 4A or 5A team in DFW ever would play Celina, except for Heights this year.
Because it looks a lot better PR wise blowing out a fellow 4A team then it does a 3A team.

Balcones fault
12-18-2008, 01:02 PM

I think the DMN reporter that used to cover Celina and other smaller schools north of Dallas got laid off.

alaskacat
12-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
I think the DMN reporter that used to cover Celina and other smaller schools north of Dallas got laid off.

David hinajosa is layed off?..now thats a bummer he was really good

alaskacat
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Because it looks a lot better PR wise blowing out a fellow 4A team then it does a 3A team.

Actually you got it backwards..its less humiliating to loose to a 4A team than to get beat by a 3A team

WOS87
12-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I spoke with Keith Whitmire of the DMN yesterday about Collin county having the most state titles of any county in Texas and he quoted me in his most recent column today

:cool:

Click here ---> LINK (http://www.hsgametime.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/kwhitmire/stories/121908dnspohscollincounty.2df55cf.html)

OrangeChamps
12-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
I spoke with Keith Whitmire of the DMN yesterday about Collin county having the most state titles of any county in Texas and he quoted me in his most recent column today

That's awesome. Congrats on all your hard work getting some well-earned recognition!

mistanice
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM

Click here ---> LINK (http://www.hsgametime.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/kwhitmire/stories/121908dnspohscollincounty.2df55cf.html)

psychiatrist? Interesting job!

WOS87
12-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
psychiatrist? Interesting job!

Forensic Psychiatrist.... it's definitely never boring.

...scary sometimes but never boring.

mistanice
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Forensic Psychiatrist.... it's definitely never boring.

...scary sometimes but never boring.

examples of the scariest?:eek:

WOS87
12-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
examples of the scariest?:eek:

There are confidentiality laws so I can't name names but I've come face-to-face with a few headline-making murderers and serial killers over the past 3 years

mistanice
12-18-2008, 10:22 PM
There are confidentiality laws so I can't name names but I've come face-to-face with a few headline-making murderers and serial killers over the past 3 years

I understand - come across people with a wide array of personality disorders.

something I found out the other day - didn't know there were collectors out there making money by auctioning "murderbilia." Ebay used to allow people to put up hair, finger/toe nail clippings, letters, etc. of serial killers and make profit. pretty sick stuff.

back to the topic at hand - GO DAWGS!

kepdawg
12-19-2008, 02:13 AM

:2thumbsup

WOS87
12-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:2thumbsup

Thanks kep!

Look like the article got upgraded from a weekly column to one of the top stories

Click on the "Collin Is Title Country" article at the top of the page

Click here ---> LINK (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/)