PDA

View Full Version : Not good News

Black_Magic
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/12/16/melting.ice/index.html)

wimbo_pro
12-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Here is an opposing opinion:

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=314237030606167

dawg4life
12-17-2008, 10:14 AM
ya. Its funny how CNN wont point our that Russia and antaritica are gaining mass. For every melting glacier there is a growing one. But the growing ones get far less attention.

BOCEPHUS
12-17-2008, 10:17 AM
ITS JUST FROZEN WATER, ITS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT GETS BELOW FREEZ'N..............................DON'T LIKE COLD ANYWAY, GOOD NEWS TO ME.

DON'T TAKE NO ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE IT OUT, BUT U CAN BY GAWD BETCHA THEY GOTZ 3 OF'EM A WORK'N ON IT

Black_Magic
12-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Im sure Glad Nasa is wrong...:rolleyes:

http://www.surveygalaxy.com/upload/2748_image_1-p.jpg

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

This is what gets frustrating

the global warming side wants us to believe 100% without a doubt their data..but then totally disregard anything by EDUCATED people that dispute or question it

THAT is not science at its best, that is politics.

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM

Unless all that extra water can stop that RB from Carthage friday night I really don't give a damn at the moment. Come back next week when we no longer have anything important to talk about.

Black_Magic
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is what gets frustrating

the global warming side wants us to believe 100% without a doubt their data..but then totally disregard anything by EDUCATED people that dispute or question it

THAT is not science at its best, that is politics.
Like I said.. Im sure glad NASA is wrong and that this photo is a fake.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Like I said.. Im sure glad NASA is wrong and that this photo is a fake.

where did I say it was wrong? Or Fake? Where did I even mention it

And that map does not say the cause

Black_Magic
12-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
where did I say it was wrong? Or Fake? Where did I even mention it

And that map does not say the cause Neither did I. Im Sure we dont have anything to do with it..;)

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 10:30 AM
geez...nine posts in and I'm already wishing a moderator would close this thread because it's obvious where this is heading. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 10:31 AM
:D

I'll just move it to the NON SPORTS forum :nerd:

wimbo_pro
12-17-2008, 10:53 AM

Not saying NASA is wrong...what I AM saying is there is lots of data out there that both support and contradict this conclusion. By the way, NASA has been wrong in the past as well. Over all though, I tend to think (despite all the data to the contrary) that we are indeed in a warming trend. I am not so sure its man-made, however.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Remember when man thought that they were at the center of the universe and that the stars and solar system revolved around them?

Now man thinks they're at the center of planetary climate change. I'm just sayin....:crazy:

Reds fan
12-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Remember when man thought that they were at the center of the universe and that the stars and solar system revolved around them?

Why yes, I was there!!!:D When did this change??

blowfish
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Global warming will kill us just like black mold was going to kill all of us, radon gas was going to kill us, Saccharin would give us cancer.

Global warming is a way for the governments to tax us in a new and different way.

I am 43 years old and it is just as hot now as it was when I was a kid. We get just as much snow and rain as we did back then also.

waterboy
12-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Unless all that extra water can stop that RB from Carthage friday night I really don't give a damn at the moment. Come back next week when we no longer have anything important to talk about.
Now that's funny right there! I don't care who you are!:D

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
That is some serious melting there, Black Magic...

Now someone needs to explain to me why the amount of ice has increased around Antarctica (not by much, but it has) and why Antarctica is not part of our Globe..

Someone also needs to explain to me the impact that an underwater volcano's eruption etc... along the Gakkel Ridge (below the Arctic sea) would have on the melting Arctic ice...

mistanice
12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
global warming makes me ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Kiddin!

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That is some serious melting there, Black Magic...

Now someone needs to explain to me why the amount of ice has increased around Antarctica (not by much, but it has) and why Antarctica is not part of our Globe..

Well according to this source your claim about Antarctica is wrong.
"(CNN) -- Between 1.5 trillion and 2 trillion tons of ice in Greenland, Antarctica and Alaska have melted at an accelerating rate since 2003, according to NASA scientists, in the latest signs of what they say is global warming."

But Im sure all those scientist and Satelite photos are all wrong. and even if they are right. it aint our fault. Because we are never at fault. it must be the earths fault right. so either way if it is happening ( We are sure its not and just a fake attempt by all the tree huggers to get us to treat the environment better) then it isnt our fault anyway and we dont need to do anything but stick out head in the sand.

Bullaholic
12-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Well according to this source your claim about Antarctica is wrong.
"(CNN) -- Between 1.5 trillion and 2 trillion tons of ice in Greenland, Antarctica and Alaska have melted at an accelerating rate since 2003, according to NASA scientists, in the latest signs of what they say is global warming."

But Im sure all those scientist and Satelite photos are all wrong. and even if they are right. it aint our fault. Because we are never at fault. it must be the earths fault right. so either way if it is happening ( We are sure its not and just a fake attempt by all the tree huggers to get us to treat the environment better) then it isnt our fault anyway and we dont need to do anything but stick out head in the sand.

Which one do you use for power, Blackie----wind or solar? Which hybrid or electric car do you drive?

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Which one do you use for power, Blackie----wind or solar? Which hybrid or electric car do you drive? Honda Civic hybrid. what do you drive?

Bullaholic
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Honda Civic hybrid. what do you drive?

Chevy pickup---Do you use hairspray or other aerosols?

Pick6
12-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I use aerosol cans on windy days so only the neighbor has ozone problems :D

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Chevy pickup---Do you use hairspray or other aerosols? never. Im sure you do though.

waterboy
12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I have a green truck. Does that count?:D

Bullaholic
12-18-2008, 12:07 PM
never. Im sure you do though.

Just curious---you talk-the-talk on being "green" but I just wondered how much you walk-the-walk.

Here's my take on this issue---

I think mankind should be a careful steward of the resources of our planet and use them wisely-FOR the benefit of mankind.

Planet earth has experienced climatic changes of epic proportions, both cooling and heating, for eons. Until I see some definitive proof that is not politically motivated from a knowledgeable un-biased scientific source concerning mankind's drastic altering of our environment, I will continue to utilize the Lord's bountiful gifts to us for our benefit.

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Just curious---you talk-the-talk on being "green" but I just wondered how much you walk-the-walk.

I think mankind should be a careful steward of the resources of our planet and use them wisely-FOR the benefit of mankind.

Planet earth has experienced climatic changes of epic proportions, both cooling and heating, for eons. Until I see some definitive proof that is not politically motivated from a knowledgeable un-biased scientific source concerning mankind's drastic altering of our environment, I will continue to utilize the Lord's bountiful gifts to us for our benefit. and sadly that will be the way it will go until it is too late. Its like having insurance. You dont need it until crap hits the fan then it saves your but. the only way we can be sure is to make sure we dont cause it. .. what if the folks are wrong about global warming and we take measures to clean up our act?? well then we get a cleaner planet and get alternative energy.. If the Global warming folks are right, then we save our planet for our grand kids or great grand kids.. is it worth making sure we have a place for our great grand kids?? sure it is. Or would you rather keep padding the saudis pocket books?:thinking:

Pick6
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Or would you rather keep padding the saudis pocket books?:thinking:

Wouldn't have to do that if Alaska was opened up.

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Wouldn't have to do that if Alaska was opened up. oh good grief... alaska would not even make a dent in it. OIL aint the answer. its like a drug. we need a source of energy that will Never run out so that we are not slaves to the saudis or the oil cartel.

Bullaholic
12-18-2008, 12:36 PM
and sadly that will be the way it will go until it is too late. Its like having insurance. You dont need it until crap hits the fan then it saves your but. the only way we can be sure is to make sure we dont cause it. .. what if the folks are wrong about global warming and we take measures to clean up our act?? well then we get a cleaner planet and get alternative energy.. If the Global warming folks are right, then we save our planet for our grand kids or great grand kids.. is it worth making sure we have a place for our great grand kids?? sure it is. Or would you rather keep padding the saudis pocket books?:thinking:

What do you want to do, Blackie?---freeze in the dark to save the environment? Somehow, I don't think most people want that---ask the Californians a few years ago when they were faced with the choice of going without electricity or relaxing enviromental standatrds so new power plants could be built. Our nation is growing and with that growth comes greater and greater demands. You don't give future generations very much credit---they will enjoy a level of technology and innovation that we cannot even imagine and the problems of today will be no more.

Black_Magic
12-18-2008, 01:35 PM
What do you want to do, Blackie?---freeze in the dark to save the environment? Somehow, I don't think most people want that---ask the Californians a few years ago when they were faced with the choice of going without electricity or relaxing enviromental standatrds so new power plants could be built. Our nation is growing and with that growth comes greater and greater demands. You don't give future generations very much credit---they will enjoy a level of technology and innovation that we cannot even imagine and the problems of today will be no more. I thnk we should all direct our efforts at getting off Oil. We need to stop looking to the next generation to fix OUR problems. I think WE need to step up and do the right things and not expect THEM to do what we dont feel like doing. I think we need to stop sticking our heads in the sand and start doing what we need to do in order to quit giving so much of our GDP to the arabs.

Pick6
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh no, more proof of global warming

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_on_re_us/western_weather

Trashman
12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

Planet earth has experienced climatic changes of epic proportions, both cooling and heating, for eons. Until I see some definitive proof that is not politically motivated from a knowledgeable un-biased scientific source concerning mankind's drastic altering of our environment, I will continue to utilize the Lord's bountiful gifts to us for our benefit.

That is the most intelligent post I have seen on this board. :clap: :clap: :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-18-2008, 02:49 PM
If the Global warming folks are right, then we save our planet for our grand kids or great grand kids..
i am a firm believer in making the world a better place for our kids. but not our kids kids, because i dont think kids should be having sex. :D

Necks_Fan
12-18-2008, 03:24 PM
All this crap has happened since 1979....... but what exactly has it caused?

Nothing. Just water.

Who cares?

If and when it does have an effect... we'll be long gone.

carter08
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/90/CO2-Temp.png

crzyjournalist03
12-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i am a firm believer in making the world a better place for our kids. but not our kids kids, because i dont think kids should be having sex. :D

Classic! :clap:

SWMustang
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
oh good grief... alaska would not even make a dent in it. OIL aint the answer. its like a drug. we need a source of energy that will Never run out so that we are not slaves to the saudis or the oil cartel.

Why don't we hurry up and use all the oil so we can stop global warming? It seems like a win/win for everyone. We should drill everywhere.

wimbo_pro
12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
I thnk we should all direct our efforts at getting off Oil. We need to stop looking to the next generation to fix OUR problems. I think WE need to step up and do the right things and not expect THEM to do what we dont feel like doing. I think we need to stop sticking our heads in the sand and start doing what we need to do in order to quit giving so much of our GDP to the arabs.

I agree that we should make extraordinary efforts to get off oil...for many reasons other than global warming. I think we should do our best to protect our environment...for other reasons than global warming.
My point to you, Black_Magic, is that we both agree in what direction we should go. I think we just disagree on believing these predictions about warming. Do i need to remind you that in the 70's they were saying we were going into a new mini-Ice Age? I am very skeptical about all this..hole in the ozone, Y2K, radon, etc.
Add to it the fact that we have warmed and cooled so many times in our past, I find it questionable whether or not man is having anything to do with it.

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:D

I'll just move it to the NON SPORTS forum :nerd:
Maybe it should be renamed the "beat your head against the wall" forum since off-season is upon us. :doh: