PDA

View Full Version : Idalou Football Player Critical Head Injury (merged)

ccmom
12-16-2008, 10:57 PM
I think is probably only my second thread to start ever and it may already been on this site, but I sure thought it was important enough for all of us to see.

You may have heard about this on the local news or read it in the AJ… on Saturday, December 6th, Tanner Cook of the Idalou High School Football team received a critical head injury in their play-off game against Cisco. Tanner’s medical condition is critical. He has been in a coma for a great part of the time and has opened his eyes only 3 or 4 times. He is on a ventilator to assist him in his breathing, and because of the ventilator he has started to develop fluid on his lungs. In the last few days Tanner has had 3 small strokes because of his injury. Tanner is an amazing young man. He has a very high GPA at Idalou High School and is an awesome athlete to watch! Several colleges have been following him this year and have showed a great deal of interest in him. Beyond school though, Tanner has a heart of gold. I just can’t begin to tell you how amazing this young man is. I’ve watched him go from a shy little boy to the young man that he has grown into and I couldn’t be prouder of him as if he were my own child. Sandy and Tanner’s dad Johnny are very, very proud of him. Right now though, this family is in desperate need of your prayers. Tanner’s condition isn’t good, and we need a miracle. Tanner’s friends and family have set him up a web page on a medical web site. On this web site you can check on Tanner’s condition, see pictures of him in action (one really great picture is of Tanner walking with his parents across the football field) in those pictures – Tanner is #24, and see messages that others across the state of Texas, and also post messages yourself. Please pass the web page information on… the Cook family needs all the support we can give them. Leave messages and let them know that you are praying for them and for Tanner.
The web site is…
www.carepages.com
You will have to register as a member to get on… but it cost absolutely nothing. Once you have registered, you will need the password to get on to Tanner’s page and the password is…
Tanner24
Once on, as I said you can check on Tanner’s condition, see pictures, see posted messages from across the state, and also leave messages for the Cook family.
Please, please, please pass this information on. We are all praying for Tanner.. There has also been a fund set up at City Bank to help the family with medical expenses, but my main course of action here is to start an ENORMOUS prayer chain. With all my heart I believe that this young man will be healed… but we all need to pull together as believers!

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
:(

thanks for sharing. i will check it out. i truly believe miracles happen everyday. praying for a miracle for Tanner!

BullsFan
12-16-2008, 11:11 PM
I will definitely keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing. :)

ProudHornetMom
12-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm praying as well.

LHMom
12-16-2008, 11:52 PM
My heart is breaking for this family struck by such a tragedy during such a happy time... We all know there are risks out there... I'm praying for healing for this young man, and peace for his family/friends.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 12:09 AM
My prayers go out for Tanner and the Cook family.

44INAROW
12-17-2008, 12:10 AM
thank you for sharing with us CCMOM I'll check it out tomorrow.... Prayers for Tanner and his family..... I can't imagine the pain they are in right now :( I believe in the power of prayer, so he'll be in my special prayers Please keep us posted if you hear more

N4SIR
12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I just received an e-mail from a good friend informing me that Tanner Cook from Idalou ISD received a critical head injury in their playoff game against Cisco on Dec. 6. The prognosis was critical and not very encouraging.
I know many posters are praying for Lance Day from Snyder and I would ask that you add Tanner to your prayer list.

RPF2666
12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Prayers from Celina....

44INAROW
12-17-2008, 09:38 AM
more on this (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90639&highlight=tanner+cook)

Who-dun-it!!?
12-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Many Prayers from Snyder.