PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Next Football Season (merged)

OldBison75
12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
How many starters are returning on offense and defense and how many seniors are graduating? Who should we watch on your team next year?

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Gilmer is losing one starter. Our talented QB and running back will be back as seniors. We should compete and go fairly far into the playoffs.

setxsports
12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
WO-S has just about the whole Defense back, Great Throwing QB will be starting as well on Offense. Recieving Core is back.

Necks_Fan
12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Well..... We have about 7 starters returning total, that's if you count the guys who started some games.

Not many is what I should have said.

Key players:

Dylan Johnican
Logan Hernandez
Daymond Lewis

gobbler grad
12-16-2008, 08:27 PM
wonder who we will be playing next year from Reg. 3...:thinking:

we have alot of gaps to fill, but we can get that far with our speed and passing ability...

probably go D1 again...:thinking:

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Has anyone heard from Rodney?:p :cool:

WylieBulldog92
12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
4 Offense
7 or 8 on defense.

wimbo_pro
12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
wonder who we will be playing next year from Reg. 3...:thinking:

we have alot of gaps to fill, but we can get that far with our speed and passing ability...

probably go D1 again...:thinking:

Assuming you make the play offs, of course. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Sinton returns most of their fans next year, maybe more as the season goes on.

Texas Cougar
12-16-2008, 09:01 PM
China Spring will have 5 on offense and 2 on defense. 34 lettermen gone and 19 return. There will be some good replacements at key positions from the JV and backups. Mostly D-line and linebackers. Main concern will be secondary which loses the entire squad 2 deep. And of course Mike Hicks is gone.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I think this is right: 2 returning on offense, 3 on defense, plus our PAT/FG kicker. I believe we have 26 graduating seniors. Until I get a chance to see the "new" team, I can only say to watch out for Fickel (little), Little, Greer, Noel, Esch & Golden Toe.

sinfan75
12-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Sinton loses 30+ seniors. Next year will not be a reloading year. But what do I know I predicted 3 losses and 1 and done in the playoffs.

WOS1
12-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by **********
WO-S has just about the whole Defense back, Great Throwing QB will be starting as well on Offense. Recieving Core is back.

Ummm... we only have 5 returning on defense and 5 on offense. We will have a new QB and RB. They will be talented, but inexperienced. That being said, they will be good strictly based on coaching and the talent level that WOS has coming up. My bet is that they will end up in the same round against Gilmer again next year.

firstdown
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Argyle lost 14 seniors. However of those 14 only 7 were fulltime starters. Our underclassmen are great athletes and we should be fine with a little help from the JV. I look for us to make a run next year.

N4SIR
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Ummm... we only have 5 returning on defense and 5 on offense. We will have a new QB and RB. They will be talented, but inexperienced. That being said, they will be good strictly based on coaching and the talent level that WOS has coming up. My bet is that they will end up in the same round against Gilmer again next year.
I hope we don't play in Lufkin. What a terrible stadium for a 5A school.

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Celina will be hit hardest on O as we will lose Troy, Charlie, and Austin at skill positions and 3 of the o-line. Although you cannot replace a Troy and Charlie, the cubbard is not bare as we return, Jose, Cody W, Cody S, JaMarrick, and Daniel M. JaMarrick has the potential to be better than all of them. We started a Freshamn at left tackle and have some pretty big but young boys coming up. May take another year but the potential for a monster line is brewing.

Defensively, we are in pretty great shape as most are underclassmen including Caleb. We lose a linebacker, an end and a corner.

RPF2666
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
7 back on def....2 db's

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
7 back on def....2 db's

Ur right I counted Austin on O

Daddy D 11
12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
2 returning on offense, 3 on defense, plus our PAT/FG kicker.

Offense returns TE Spencer Little and FB Ryan Fickel.
Defense returns LB Brad Esch, DE Gage Greer and partial starter Seth Perrin.

Am I missing any LHPM?

It will be interesting next year. I just hope alot of coaches don't leave. This year, more than ever we need that great coaching staff to not dismantle and bring these kids back to where they were this year!

RedWhiteBlue
12-17-2008, 11:29 AM
We won't have really anybody returning.....:devil:
Great thing about having those Pre-K teams (as I have heard us called this year... among other things).:rolleyes: :D

Pudlugger
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
La Grange will have 9 back on offense and 9 back on defense. They return 8 all district players including First Team Qb Josh Schneider, and wide receivers Wilkerson, and McHazzlet. They will have their entire o line with all district guard Drabb and tackle Klesel leading the way. On defense they lose only two. The Leps will be very good next year. Problem is the district will again be loaded with Bellville, Giddings and Sealy all returning many starters and all district picks. In all likelihood D25 will produce another Region IV champion next season.

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Since Wylies enrollment is over 2400+, we always lose a lot, but have no trouble reloading each year because we have so many to chose from::stirpot: :taunt: :tongue:

Troybuilt
12-17-2008, 02:05 PM
maybe sandifer can win one in his last year.

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
maybe sandifer can win one in his last year.
"one":doh: :hand: you mean his second! in his 23rd year:D

Troybuilt
12-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
"one":doh: :hand: you mean his second! in his 23rd year:D

no i mean one (more) in his last year of coaching at wylie

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 03:44 PM
no i mean one (more) in his last year of coaching at wylie

You guys can only hope an pray that it is his last year at Wylie!

Ingleside Fan
12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Eight on Offense and Eight on Defense. Only losing 6 seniors. We were real young this year.

Troybuilt
12-17-2008, 03:59 PM
You guys can only hope an pray that it is his last year at Wylie!
w

why, we want to see what he can do with those kids comin up from jr hi that we been crushin.

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 04:06 PM
w

why, we want to see what he can do with those kids comin up from jr hi that we been crushin. Just want you to know that the Seniors and Juniors this year were both beaten fairly soundly in Junior High by the Lions, so there really is no comparison. More of a reason to not want Sandifer around, because he is the ultimate "X" factor.

Troybuilt
12-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Just want you to know that the Seniors and Juniors this year were both beaten fairly soundly in Junior High by the Lions, so there really is no comparison. More of a reason to not want Sandifer around, because he is the ultimate "X" factor.

thats funny my oldest son is a senior and we never beat yall. that class has about 4 kids that are fast and they won everything. the X factor aint hard to find when u got that much speed.

trojan37
12-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Hoping West just suits up a Varsity squad next year. I'll be happy if we can accomplish that.

CueroDad08
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Cuero will have 1 starter back on D
4 starters back on O

This will be Reeves first year to "Rebuild"

solocam
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Am I missing any LHPM?

It will be interesting next year. I just hope alot of coaches don't leave. This year, more than ever we need that great coaching staff to not dismantle and bring these kids back to where they were this year!
What about the sophomore receiver,his name slips my mind right now but i'm sure he had more catches than any one,he caught the winning TD against burnet

GreenMachine
12-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Cuero will have 1 starter back on D
4 starters back on O

This will be Reeves first year to "Rebuild" Real nice to be able to "build" around Arndt, Jackson, Pargman, etc., etc., etc.;)

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Am I missing any LHPM?

I didn't count Seth, but Jonathan Noel (T) is a junior & started all year.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by solocam
What about the sophomore receiver,his name slips my mind right now but i'm sure he had more catches than any one,he caught the winning TD against burnet
Aw heck! How could I forget Woodbury????

Okay, so 4 on O, 3 & a partial on D. I never know how to count the Swingmen, though. Woodbury & Little, along with Emmert & Delay all rotated pretty much throughout the games. I still think Little & Woodbury should be considered 2.

gobbler grad
12-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Assuming you make the play offs, of course. :D

and who in our district is gonna stop us...Palacios or Edna...:eek:

JR2004
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Taking a glance at our roster I count 16 starters returning next season for JMT. We fielded another realtively young team due to having back to back senior classes that were low in starters as well as contributors. I'll have to look again later and see what the total count will be on each side of the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Sinton loses 30+ seniors. Next year will not be a reloading year. But what do I know I predicted 3 losses and 1 and done in the playoffs. Sinton should be ok, we dont play anybody so the wins should come often again :)

navscanmaster
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Hmmm....I wanna say 3-4 on offense, and 7-8 on defense. We lose all the offensive power, although there are capable junior varsity players coming up from a 7-0-1 season. The freshmen struggled, but the 8th graders were awesome. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few freshmen in the skill positions next year.

Key players returning:
Offense:
OT - Aleon Calhoun (the big dude)
WR - Kolby Castillo (the small dude)
WR - Thomas Sweed (didn't play much this year, but watch out)
I think two other lineman are returning, but I am not sure which ones. I think the center Scott McDuffie and #74 will come back. Correct me if I am wrong.

Defense:
LB K.D. Nickerson (not a lot of attention, but he had a good year)
LB Kesnick Jones (may play RB, and he is a good one)
LB/DE Deondre King (we don't know how he got left off all state)
FS Kye Hildreth (Best weapon the team has coming back)
SS Derek Hadley (may only play baseball next year, if rumor mill is true)

I think the Rattlers will play better than expected next year. It will be a monumental task to replace Stokes, Pratt, Jackson, Lamascus, Harris, Byrd, Spriggs, and Eugene Castillo. But minus some serious coaching changes, I think the Rattlers are in a darkhorse position next year. No preseason rank, not a lot of firepower, but solid.

cshscougar08
12-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Like Texas Cougar said, we're gonna be hit hard by graduation. Losing Mike Hicks and Ryan Boutwell would be enough though. . . .

orange machine
12-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Do you think your team had a good shot or not based on what is returning and underclassmen stepping up?

BOCEPHUS
12-22-2008, 09:31 PM
6 AND 6.
4 RB'S/QB'S THAT HAD 4,000 YARDS.
ENTIRE D-LINE
ALL RB'S/QB'S/REC'S
ALL BUT 1 IN SECONDARY

11-4 RECORD.

MIGHT MAKE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR

duckpluck
12-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I actually dont think Liberty Hill has a lot to worry about in the ofensive backfield side.
Thompson at QB will do just fine. He is very smart and athletic.
Fick is back at FB.
Witbeck, injured all year, should take over at Tailback. He was in the running with McCain to start before his injury.
Halfback - I actully think maybe they will try Lawhorn here. He is a really good runner.

The Off will have to rebuild the O line but Liberty Hill has always found a way to develop/convert athletes into great linemen.

Defense is where most concerns will be. They have a lot to replace.
On Def, I really liked the way Esch played the second half of the season. Greer also came on in the second half and played real well.

easttexas3a
12-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Gilmer is returning 8 on offense and 8 on defense, on a team that lost to eventual state champions Carthage by 3. Should be another good year.

IHStangFan
12-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Literally 3/4 of our entire team graduates this year. We'll be extremely young next year, but retain our QB, and 2 of the "starting" RBs. Next year is uncertain for the Blue Jays.

BwdLions
12-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Hoping West just suits up a Varsity squad next year. I'll be happy if we can accomplish that.

That's funny Trojan. :D

charlesrixey
01-07-2009, 12:37 PM
either O/D format or overall

as many teams as we can get on here---especially your important star players

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
That is top secret double classified information sir!

charlesrixey
01-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
That is top secret double classified information sir!

DCTF has a security clearance?

:(

i know you know all of the returning starter information by heart already (for all 178 teams)

don't hold out

kepdawg
01-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
DCTF has a security clearance?

:(

i know you know all of the returning starter information by heart already (for all 178 teams)

don't hold out

Well, I guess I'll give you a little something. Let's take a quick look at Anthony. My info has Anthony starting 11 on offense and 11 on defense in 2008. The plans are to do the same in 2009. So they had 22 starters last season and will have 22 starters this season.

MN95
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
OK, I'll take a stab Rixey and see if our numbers match for Celina. It's not quite cut and dried because of injuries. For instance, on offensive line we lose both guards, center, and one tackle from the starters at the beginning of the year. However, Roos practically started the whole year at tackle first for Bidelman (leaving) and then for Jackson (returning). Still, let's say we lose G,G,C,T,TE,RB,RB,SE (did Carey start at SE or CB or both?) so we return 3 starters: QB (Worrell), RB (Romero), T (Jackson).

On Defense we return DT, DT, DE, LB, LB, CB, S losing J. Lavey, Carey, Johnson, Babb.

So, return 3 on O and 7 on D.

May need the D to carry us early while the O comes together next year.

charlesrixey
01-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Well, I guess I'll give you a little something. Let's take a quick look at Anthony. My info has Anthony starting 11 on offense and 11 on defense in 2008. The plans are to do the same in 2009. So they had 22 starters last season and will have 22 starters this season.

see this is why i come to you first :)

who else could've given me all that:confused:

Necks_Fan
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
About 5/4 and P

Something like that. We had lots of players who got plenty of PT and didn't, etc.

There will be about 10 players back that got significant PT last year. Let's put it that way.

Easton, D. Johnican, Lewis, Boucher, Duke, Maret, Hernandez, Raley, Thomas, Flannel.

There will be alot of players coming from JV and whatnot that will make great contributions and a certain Incoming Freshman, who I think should be on Varsity next year.

A few players not mentioned to look out for are Brad Swanks, T Johnican (Little brother of D. Johnican- already mentioned), and Floyd Bess (Incoming Freshman).

charlesrixey
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MN95
OK, I'll take a stab Rixey and see if our numbers match for Celina. It's not quite cut and dried because of injuries. For instance, on offensive line we lose both guards, center, and one tackle from the starters at the beginning of the year. However, Roos practically started the whole year at tackle first for Bidelman (leaving) and then for Jackson (returning). Still, let's say we lose G,G,C,T,TE,RB,RB,SE (did Carey start at SE or CB or both?) so we return 3 starters: QB (Worrell), RB (Romero), T (Jackson).

On Defense we return DT, DT, DE, LB, LB, CB, S losing J. Lavey, Carey, Johnson, Babb.

So, return 3 on O and 7 on D.

May need the D to carry us early while the O comes together next year.

this is where it can be subjective---i for one would count roos (or anyone) if they started 50% or more of the team's games

I wonder if they will move Stephenson to starter, and have Worrell take over mccartney's role? that seems like the best use of our personnel

Simmons and Worrell at RB, Romero at WR and Stephenson at QB

waterboy
01-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Gilmer - 9 starters back on offense and 8 starters back on defense......I think.....

MN95
01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
this is where it can be subjective---i for one would count roos (or anyone) if they started 50% or more of the team's games

I wonder if they will move Stephenson to starter, and have Worrell take over mccartney's role? that seems like the best use of our personnel

Simmons and Worrell at RB, Romero at WR and Stephenson at QB

Yes it is subjective. We may have found a starting guard in Lohman as he played lots in the playoffs.

At RB, it's my opinion that Mendoza may be more productive at RB next year than Simmons. Doesn't have Simmons speed but MUCH harder to bring down.

I like your QB idea. Had not thought of that. I'm sure the coaches will be calling us any day now to help them prepare for next year.:D

orange machine
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Here i will get in on this. On the oline we will return Roos and Jackson. The question in my mind is will they move Roos to right takle from left tackle and move Jackson to right guard or will he stay at one of the tackle's. I would assume those two are locked in as starters in 09. Now i would think since Gomer Wilson played some a center in the playoffs late in the game he will probably be the center. From there on out i have no idea. I think the runningbacks will be Simmions, Mendoza and i would guess Owens at fullback with Romero playing some runningback aswell. Pretty sure Worrell will be the qb with Stephenson playing some aswell. At TE maybe Brumfield. On defense we return alot of players who started and alot of players with a bunch of playing time. Sandler, Braddock, Adams, Newman, Levit, Perez , Lavey, Arogunmati, Romero. Thats my take and speculation.

rancher
01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Bellville should be loaded again, I think 8 on defense and 5 or 6 on offense. All the backfield that made the playoff run will be back. Very Very solid on defense with lots of speed.

Bull's-eye
01-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Bellville should be loaded again, I think 8 on defense and 5 or 6 on offense. All the backfield that made the playoff run will be back. Very Very solid on defense with lots of speed.

They will have to find some help in the trenches, especially on the offensive line. Defense should be even better, but will need to improve against the power running teams.

trojan37
01-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
That's funny Trojan. :D

I'm serious. We've had a lot of kids move from here, and rumors flying around town about this and that, and one of the rumors is we might not have a varsity squad next year.

BwdLions
01-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I'm serious. We've had a lot of kids move from here, and rumors flying around town about this and that, and one of the rumors is we might not have a varsity squad next year.

I thought you were just being funny trojan. Surely that won't happen.

Brutus 1
01-08-2009, 11:09 AM
5 offensive returning
7 defensive returning

Rocket Dad
01-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Rockets return 8 on offense, 7 on defense from 4-6 season that resulted in no playoofs for first time in 5 years. They should be better in '09.

87 TIGER
01-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Returning 8 on defense losing 1 LB and 2 DL

Returning 7 on offense losing 3 OL and the QB
need to find some Olinemen, Sanders will fill the QB shoes next year

charlesrixey
01-15-2009, 03:50 PM
ttt

what will celina's passing game look like next year?

BILLYFRED0000
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
ttt

what will celina's passing game look like next year?

Probably a little better than this years. Cody has got it going and we have hands enough and probably will have more overall speed next year. Hard to say yet tho. Injuries and the like always dictate and this year having charlie hurt all year definetly did not help.

charlesrixey
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Probably a little better than this years. Cody has got it going and we have hands enough and probably will have more overall speed next year. Hard to say yet tho. Injuries and the like always dictate and this year having charlie hurt all year definetly did not help.

what about the recievers?

who will be the second WR after Romero-or will he even play wr?

with james, mccartney and carey all leaving, who will pass the ball

perhaps my mostest curiosness has to do with what they will do with stephenson--isn't it his last year? i had wondered if they might put him as the starter and have worrell do a multi-functional deal like mccartney did last year

given how good worrell has turned out to be, i guess they feel no need to move him now

MN95
01-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Will probably see Cody Rhodes at one receiver spot. He's a sophomore and got lots of garbage time in the playoffs, even a TD I think. Another soph, Justin Brumfield might be a possibility.

MN95
01-15-2009, 05:29 PM

perhaps my mostest curiosness has to do with what they will do with stephenson--isn't it his last year? i had wondered if they might put him as the starter and have worrell do a multi-functional deal like mccartney did last year

given how good worrell has turned out to be, i guess they feel no need to move him now

I like your idea about the QB. Worrell really played well down the stretch, but would like to see them figure out a way to incorporate Stephenson into the game plan. Give the opposing Def Coord something else to prepare for: One running QB who can also pass, One passing QB that can also run.

orange machine
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Cody is going to be the qb, but i think Stephenson will get more time like in special type plays. Brumfield will probably be the TE.