PDA

View Full Version : TO and Screamin A Smith

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Are having some suppose to be big interview here on Sportscenter pretty soon if anyone wants to watch.

Looking4number8
12-16-2008, 06:23 PM
It's on now and I am watching. Let see what TO has to say.

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 06:24 PM
He is just blasting Ed Werder in this interview and rightfully so he should.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 06:29 PM
As a huge T.O. fan I think he maybe should cut Ed a break a little bit while Ed does seem to have reported something false he was just doing his job. But Terrell was spot on with what he said about SF and Philly.

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
As a huge T.O. fan I think he maybe should cut Ed a break a little bit while Ed does seem to have reported something false he was just doing his job. But Terrell was spot on with what he said about SF and Philly. As a reporter you are supposed to report what you know and not create stories from what you know. It was unprofessional of him to make false reports on TO and the Cowboys organization.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
As a reporter you are supposed to report what you know and not create stories from what you know. It was unprofessional of him to make false reports on TO and the Cowboys organization. Your right but thats not his job description at ESPN his job is to report big Cowboy news as soon as he hears it. I mean its not right and I see T.O.s frustration but the bigger issue to me is people taking in house stuff out of house.

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Your right but thats not his job description at ESPN his job is to report big Cowboy news as soon as he hears it. And he did but in the reports he also reported false information regarding TO and other players.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
And he did but in the reports he said false information regarding TO and other players. I understand but as I said above the bigger problem I have is people from the inside telling the story to Ed Werder.

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
I understand but as I said above the bigger problem I have is people from the inside telling the story to Ed Werder. Yeah that is very shady whoever was leaking this information to Werder.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2008, 06:35 PM
heard the summary of the interview on ESPN radio earlier... doesn't seem like that big of a deal... just the same stuff regurgitated in a different package...

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I have supported TO...But I truly doubt Ed Werder made up a story. It serves no purpose for him to risk his contract with ESPN in making up something.

I do think something happen between TO and Witten...Was it a big deal? Probably not, but I dont think Ed decided to say ok lets make up something and see what happens

MN95
12-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I have supported TO...But I truly doubt Ed Werder made up a story. It serves no purpose for him to risk his contract with ESPN in making up something.

I do think something happen between TO and Witten...Was it a big deal? Probably not, but I dont think Ed decided to say ok lets make up something and see what happens

I have had enough of TO. Dropped the first pass thrown to him the other night. Then caught one over the middle just short of the first down and stepped BACKWARDS and fell on his butt to avoid being hit. No first down. Did anyone else see this? Surprised the announcers didn't mention it.

Later, Witten makes a catch and need 4-5 yards for a first, breaks a tackle and gets it.

If I'm Romo, I know who I'm going to throw to more.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by MN95
I have had enough of TO. Dropped the first pass thrown to him the other night. Then caught one over the middle just short of the first down and stepped BACKWARDS and fell on his butt to avoid being hit. No first down. Did anyone else see this? Surprised the announcers didn't mention it.

Later, Witten makes a catch and need 4-5 yards for a first, breaks a tackle and gets it.

Didn't Witten drop the first pass thrown at him as well?

I agree, Witten doesn't go down easy, and I've seen TO fall back etc.. but Witten is no where near the deep-threat TO is...

Emerson1
12-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Then caught one over the middle just short of the first down and stepped BACKWARDS and fell on his butt to avoid being hit. No first down. Did anyone else see this? Surprised the announcers didn't mention it.

If you have ever watched a Cowboys game in your life this is common. He wasn't avoid being hit, he is always stopping on a dime and trying to get around people.

Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I agree, Witten doesn't go down easy, and I've seen TO fall back etc..
Witten is one of the softest runners in the league. I think he had more YAC this game then he has had all season.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM

TO slipped..he did not "avoid" a hit, he was trying to make a cut and go around a defender and his feet went out from under him

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 07:36 PM

If I'm Romo, I know who I'm going to throw to more. Sorry but you dont get the NFL being afraid to get hit. Sure it was a mistake but he was trying to make a run after catch. The pass he dropped you put Witten in the same situation he doesnt get anywhere close to the ball.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
If you have ever watched a Cowboys game in your life this is common. He wasn't avoid being hit, he is always stopping on a dime and trying to get around people.

Witten is one of the softest runners in the league. I think he had more YAC this game then he has had all season.

Okay, maybe the games I've seen he's been different... I rarely see Witten just fall down... I've never really seen him as 'soft'...

And I know that TO does a lot of "stopping on a dime" etc... and I have seen him go down to avoid the hit a LOT more than Witten has...

maybe I'm just unbiased in all of this...

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 07:42 PM

I would not call Witten soft..he is Big and not very agile..plus usually LBs are hitting him

Kinda dont think a soft player makes the play he did last year agianst the Eagles

Looking4number8
12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
You guys are killing me. You are comparing apples to oranges... both are fruit but completely different.

As for Witten and Owens, both are great receivers but completely different. Owens is a WR, Witten it a TE... they are not supposed to play the same. I am glad we have both. They compliment each other on the field.

sinton66
12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Throw more to Roy Williams!!!!:D

Necks_Fan
12-16-2008, 08:16 PM
What Ed says was probably true.

The Cowboys are just denying it and making Ed look like an idiot. And it is quite funny.

JR2004
12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm not real big on the media at all because most reporters and talking heads (Chris Berman and Mike Tirico come to mind here) are pompous jackasses, but I don't honestly believe Werder was making up stuff. He has absolutely nothing to gain by doing that.

JR2004
12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Throw more to Roy Williams!!!!:D

I want more Miles Austin when he's healthy and preferrably on another team next season like the Redskins perhaps!

BullsFan
12-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I want more Miles Austin when he's healthy and preferrably on another team next season like the Redskins perhaps!

I'll agree with the more Miles Austin part, but we need him on the Cowboys way too much to let him go...

As to the rest, I think ESPN is the National Enquirer of the sports world. Ed Werder doesn't lose a contract for making stuff about the Cowboys. He probably gets a bonus for all the press it generated.

Matthew328
12-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Looked like T.O. tried to make a move on a DB and his feet slipped from under him

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Majority of the receivers in the league duck under hits anyway so I don't know what the big deal is. Witten looks so un-athletic when running its not even funny but he has a great set of hands.

easttexas3a
12-17-2008, 02:59 AM
T.O. goes in to talk to Coach Garrett. Garrett says hey man whats wrong, why are we not producing more on the field. TO replys, cause you arn't throwing me the ball enough. Stop taking the dump offs to witten and start throwing it deep to me.

Witten gets wind of this, asks TO whats up, TO cries and says he needs the ball more, Witten tells him to go up and make catches and Romo might trust him, TO pops off osmething about Witten being fat and they both yell and then leave. Issue done with.

Regular joe bob player sees this, say like....Doug Free. Doug being a lienmen that doesn't get any press has ed come up and ask him what the deal is with a pissed off owens gettign into his car in the parking lot. Doug free spills it to him that TO is upset he isnt getting the ball, tells ed that TO thinks that Witten and Romo got something going on, limiting his catches. The story goes on from there.

I could see where Ed would make the mistake of reporting something like this, and making to more of what it is. But there is no chance in my mind that something did not go on. Maybe it happened like i said above, or maybe even less. but something happened.

I like Terrell Owens, I like Witten, and I like my cowboys being on ESPN

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Here's my take, and I hear the interview last night.

I truely believe that Ed Werner reported excatley what he heared an unnamed source say. Since the comment involved TO, I think that Ed believed it to be true instead of following up on the comment and asking other players to validate the "unnamed sources" comment. Based on the actions of the majority of the Cowboys players last week, I believe that TO's account of what really happened last night was right on the money. Ed Werner is an excellant report, but I think he made a mistake and jump the gun on this one, even though he was only reporting what he was told.

As for the comments on here about TO being scared. I have seen and heard many interviews with DB's in the NFL, and they are often asked about TO, and nearly everyone of them say that the thing they fear the most is having to try a tackle him after he catches the ball because he is so physical and strong. That doesn't sound like someone who is scared. I agree with the comment that he slipped trying to make a cut for more yards and didn't realize that he already had the first down.

Just my take:D

Send_the_House
12-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Witten looks like a little girl when he runs. He is definitely one of the softest runners in the game. He has made a couple great plays in the last few years and everyone thinks he's a hero.

Like the infamous helmet knocked off play. He got hit, helmet flies off, then just runs for his life to the endzone... what was he supposed to do, stop and pick it up? It wasn't that big of deal...

T.O. is the man. Just throw him the rock and make some popcorn.

Then, use Choice and Marion together, similar to how we used Jones and Barber. Keep throwing the rock to Bennett, and lets roll into the playoffs and see what happens...

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
T.O. goes in to talk to Coach Garrett. Garrett says hey man whats wrong, why are we not producing more on the field. TO replys, cause you arn't throwing me the ball enough. Stop taking the dump offs to witten and start throwing it deep to me.

Witten gets wind of this, asks TO whats up, TO cries and says he needs the ball more, Witten tells him to go up and make catches and Romo might trust him, TO pops off osmething about Witten being fat and they both yell and then leave. Issue done with.

Regular joe bob player sees this, say like....Doug Free. Doug being a lienmen that doesn't get any press has ed come up and ask him what the deal is with a pissed off owens gettign into his car in the parking lot. Doug free spills it to him that TO is upset he isnt getting the ball, tells ed that TO thinks that Witten and Romo got something going on, limiting his catches. The story goes on from there.

I could see where Ed would make the mistake of reporting something like this, and making to more of what it is. But there is no chance in my mind that something did not go on. Maybe it happened like i said above, or maybe even less. but something happened.

I like Terrell Owens, I like Witten, and I like my cowboys being on ESPN

I can get on board with this scenario. haha.

I think it was all just blown way out of porportion! I think there is some truth to what TO is saying about Ed Werder, but I don't think Ed had any malacious intent behind what he was reporting. If some "scrub" player leaked this stuff to Ed Werder, a seasoned reporter, you would hope that he would try to verify that there was any truth to this "story". Maybe he did and he felt satisfied that there was something to it or maybe, just maybe, he just went with it because ESPN loves to create drama and because Jerry likes being in the news. ;) Hell, it wouldn't surprise or shock me in the least if Jerry Jones was behind all this!! The man loves his team being in the news, he said so himself!

It's a non issue as far as I'm concerned because I love me, some Cowboys! :inlove:

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Having a degree in journalism and having worked for ESPN for a couple of years, I have to say that I was disappointed with the story Werder produced. As soon as I read the story, I wasn't even thinking of the ramifications for the team, I was shocked that a reputable journalist like Werder would run a story based on almost exclusively an unnamed source. You're never supposed to go to press with anything unless you can have two sources reporting the same thing, and while Werder did talk to Bradie James, his comments about serving as a mediator in my opinion were added just so that he could run the story.

James is a team captain, and part of those responsibilities include mediating. Over the course of the season, many players are going to get into disagreements with other players, so I really don't know what James added other than filling in the "mandated" second source that really didn't comment at all on the story that Werder was running.

First rule of journalism: When someone wants to be an unnamed source, immediately ask yourself if you're willing to go down with that source, because as soon as your story comes out, someone is going to call you out and ask for your source, and you're going to be left holding the bag.

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM

TO dropped a huge first pass.

But that backwards step was a slip when he tried to cut back and around the tackler. It was pretty easy to see from the replays.

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
You guys are killing me. You are comparing apples to oranges... both are fruit but completely different.

As for Witten and Owens, both are great receivers but completely different. Owens is a WR, Witten it a TE... they are not supposed to play the same. I am glad we have both. They compliment each other on the field.

+1

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Witten looks like a little girl when he runs. He is definitely one of the softest runners in the game. He has made a couple great plays in the last few years and everyone thinks he's a hero.

Like the infamous helmet knocked off play. He got hit, helmet flies off, then just runs for his life to the endzone... what was he supposed to do, stop and pick it up? It wasn't that big of deal...
I had to laugh when I read this. Anybody that thinks Witten is a soft player obviously knows little about football or just hates him for a personal reason. Witten is regarded as one of the best if not the best tight end in the league right now.

jockcity33
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

But that backwards step was a slip when he tried to cut back and around the tackler. It was pretty easy to see from the replays.

Since TO is such a big strong and physical runner after the catch why did he not just run over the little scared DB and get the first down instead of trying to avoid the little scared DB by trying to make him miss?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

But that backwards step was a slip when he tried to cut back and around the tackler. It was pretty easy to see from the replays. '

I dont even call the first one a "drop" The pas was not an easy catch and he still almost came up with it

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/NS_14COWBOYSSgiants3.jpg

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
Since TO is such a big strong and physical runner after the catch why did he not just run over the little scared DB and get the first down instead of trying to avoid the little scared DB by trying to make him miss?

Newton's third law of motion.

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

By attempting to run over the DB, the receiver would have incurred a significant loss of momentum and speed, which would allow other defensive players to close in quickly on the now slower receiver, resulting in a lesser potential yardage total than the temporary loss of momentum exerted by a juke.

themsu97
12-17-2008, 11:40 AM
have to agree with an earlier post... send the house and emerson have shown sheer stupidity by calling Whitten soft... his teammates feel that he is one of the toughest guys in the league... he played with a broken jaw...
he may not be fast but he is a tight end... they are not fast... and if you were to take a poll among GM's and qb's of who they would rather have on their team, Whitten or TO, I would be willing to bet they would want Whitten...
SHockey is soft...
that first pass was a tough catch to be made...

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought TO was very sincere and honest in his interview last night with Steven A. He admitted a lot of things, like being selfish, but he made some statements during the interview that convinced me that he was being very truthful about the whole ordeal last week. He also talk about his past and that he was trying to put it behind him because he truely likes it in Dallas and he didn't like SF or Philly, but that the media and others won't let him put it behind him, and for the most part I can understand why. To me the reason he likes Dallas is because of his respect and relationship with Romo. Garcia and McNabb both carried their feelings around on their shoulders and did not know how to deal with TO on a day to day bases. Romo is a unique individual and may be the only QB in the league besides Tom Brady who can handle personalities like TO. Yes, I am a huge Cowboy fan, and I was a TO hater before the Cowboys signed him, and yes I can overlook his past because I, like most, cheer for the laundry and not so much for who's wearing it. But:hand: I do think TO is trying to change( a little) for the sake of the Cowboys, but his past will never leave him.

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I thought TO was very sincere and honest in his interview last night with Steven A. He admitted a lot of things, like being selfish, but he made some statements during the interview that convinced me that he was being very truthful about the whole ordeal last week. He also talk about his past and that he was trying to put it behind him because he truely likes it in Dallas and he didn't like SF or Philly, but that the media and others won't let him put it behind him, and for the most part I can understand why. To me the reason he likes Dallas is because of his respect and relationship with Romo. Garcia and McNabb both carried their feelings around on their shoulders and did not know how to deal with TO on a day to day bases. Romo is a unique individual and may be the only QB in the league besides Tom Brady who can handle personalities like TO. Yes, I am a huge Cowboy fan, and I was a TO hater before the Cowboys signed him, and yes I can overlook his past because I, like most, cheer for the laundry and not so much for who's wearing it. But:hand: I do think TO is trying to change( a little) for the sake of the Cowboys, but his past will never leave him.

:iagree:

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Here's a non-Cowboys fan (me) take on the whole situation:

If it weren't the Cowboys, and if it wasn't TO, this would have ran across the ticker one night and that would have been it... end of story, grown men had a disagreement...

TO's a great player, and in my honest opinion he has tried to change and I see him continuing to try a better a team, not just himself...

What I have seen in this thread are a couple of fans who have taken TO's side... I see this simply because they call Witten soft and yes that's the ONLY reason I say this... I don't watch the Cowboys much and I know Witten isn't soft... I've seen him catch balls through traffic just before getting nailed numberous times.. a lot of receivers and even tight ends will drop those because they're worried about the hit... I've also seen him move forward after contact almost every catch he makes... soft runners either go down on their own or do not move forward... simple as that...

The problem with 'fans have taken TO's side' is that you guys have bought into the crap the sports media has jammed down your throats and have jumped into this imaginary problem... you haven't realized what this really is: something that happens on every team...

It's the Cowboys, it's TO, it's going to become a big deal in the news...

I don't like Stephen A. Smith much, really don't care for his opinion 90% of the time, but the guy did a great job by getting TO in with an interview so he could show everyone what a non-story this is...

It's still football season, you guys are still in it for a playoff spot, appreciate that and let the other crap wait until the offseason...

Keith7
12-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Having a degree in journalism and having worked for ESPN for a couple of years, I have to say that I was disappointed with the story Werder produced. As soon as I read the story, I wasn't even thinking of the ramifications for the team, I was shocked that a reputable journalist like Werder would run a story based on almost exclusively an unnamed source. You're never supposed to go to press with anything unless you can have two sources reporting the same thing, and while Werder did talk to Bradie James, his comments about serving as a mediator in my opinion were added just so that he could run the story.

First rule of journalism: When someone wants to be an unnamed source, immediately ask yourself if you're willing to go down with that source, because as soon as your story comes out, someone is going to call you out and ask for your source, and you're going to be left holding the bag.

If it weren't for unnamed sources in journalism then Nixon would never have been caught and Bonds would still be juicing and have over 800 HRs...

Werder did what any other journalist did.. Cowpie fans are just sad that he found this story out..

I don't under stand why some people think he made up this story?? Seriously EVERY media outlet followed this story let week, the Cowpies had meetings to discuss this issue, there was a heated exchange between TO and Witten, but this was all made up? Everyone is happy in Cowpie land? give me a break.. they won a game against a down trodden Giants team and once a good team like Baltimore or Philly puts a beating on them the Cowpies and TO will be back to their troubles and then who will all of you people cry to??? Ed Werder sure isn't going to help you then..

and let me guess TO will just be misreported by the media?? Hold the guy accountable for his actions.. You think he was discussing cooking recipes when he was screaming at the top of his lungs at this WR coach after the Pittsburg embarrassment?? ha... You guys are crazy

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
If it weren't for unnamed sources in journalism then Nixon would never have been caught and Bonds would still be juicing and have over 800 HRs...

Werder did what any other journalist did.. Cowpie fans are just sad that he found this story out..

I don't under stand why some people think he made up this story?? Seriously EVERY media outlet followed this story let week, the Cowpies had meetings to discuss this issue, there was a heated exchange between TO and Witten, but this was all made up? Everyone is happy in Cowpie land? give me a break.. they won a game against a down trodden Giants team and once a good team like Baltimore or Philly puts a beating on them the Cowpies and TO will be back to their troubles and then who will all of you people cry to??? Ed Werder sure isn't going to help you then..

and let me guess TO will just be misreported by the media?? Hold the guy accountable for his actions.. You think he was discussing cooking recipes when he was screaming at the top of his lungs at this WR coach after the Pittsburg embarrassment?? ha... You guys are crazy

I'm not sad the "story" (is it story??) was found out! It brought g$$ out from his hibernation and I always enjoy your rants against the Cowboys! :inlove: :)

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM

and let me guess TO will just be misreported by the media?? Hold the guy accountable for his actions.. You think he was discussing cooking recipes when he was screaming at the top of his lungs at this WR coach after the Pittsburg embarrassment?? ha... You guys are crazy You lost any credibility with your bias statement when you immediately showed your displeasure for the Cowboys. You are obviously a Cowboy hater and like most a TO hater. I may be crazy, but at least I'm open minded. Most people on here haven't said anything about Werder making anything up. He reported what he heard from an unknown source, but maybe he didn't follow up with other sources because it was TO, which makes it easy to believe. But, it is very possible that TO is not the bad guy in this particular incedent and that Werder made a careless mistake, but in your case it wouldn't make any difference what the truth is, your going to look at it with blinders on anyway. Does TO deserve most of the crap he gets, absolutely, but there is possibility that he could be the victom this time.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM

Two of my best friends (who are still best of friends themselves) yelled at each other and actually swung at each other one night they were so pissed off...

they were fine an hour and a half later...

I remember my mother yelling at my dad a few times...

they're still kickin' it...

it's a dumbass story...

Troybuilt
12-17-2008, 02:02 PM
You lost any credibility with your bias statement when you immediately showed your displeasure for the Cowboys. You are obviously a Cowboy hater and like most a TO hater. I may be crazy, but at least I'm open minded. Most people on here haven't said anything about Werder making anything up. He reported what he heard from an unknown source, but maybe he didn't follow up with other sources because it was TO, which makes it easy to believe. But, it is very possible that TO is not the bad guy in this particular incedent and that Werder made a careless mistake, but in your case it wouldn't make any difference what the truth is, your going to look at it with blinders on anyway. Does TO deserve most of the crap he gets, absolutely, but there is possibility that he could be the victom this time.

he is a victim of his mouth

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
You lost any credibility with your bias statement when you immediately showed your displeasure for the Cowboys. You are obviously a Cowboy hater and like most a TO hater. I may be crazy, but at least I'm open minded. Most people on here haven't said anything about Werder making anything up. He reported what he heard from an unknown source, but maybe he didn't follow up with other sources because it was TO, which makes it easy to believe. But, it is very possible that TO is not the bad guy in this particular incedent and that Werder made a careless mistake, but in your case it wouldn't make any difference what the truth is, your going to look at it with blinders on anyway. Does TO deserve most of the crap he gets, absolutely, but there is possibility that he could be the victom this time. Those of us that have been around for awhile have grown to enjoy the posts of Keith. (most of the time) Take them for entertainment value only. Nobody else takes him seriously.

Here is one of Keith's better threads.

Silver Boot Series (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35914&highlight=silver+boot+champions)

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM

I remember my mother yelling at my dad a few times...

they're still kickin' it...

how gross :D

bigYoe
12-17-2008, 02:13 PM
A situation in the locker DID happen regardless of what the players say. It may not have been as big as reported by Ed Werder but there WAS a situation. TO has came a long way since arriving in Dallas. He is less selfish and actually calls his team "HIS FAMILY". I NEVER heard him say anything like that at SF or Philadelphia. The media is getting frustrated that Owens is trying to settle down in Dallas and STAY OUT of the media. They had so much publicity from his stupid stunts in SF and Philly that they cant handle it there's not more in Dallas. TO did say that he wanted to be in the media, but as the GOOD GUY not the bad guy anymore. He did make a good point by saying he could be a good name for sponsors to get behind but with his past and the way the media wont let it go it'll be awhile before that happens. TO is finally coming to his roots in Dallas and has a QB and team he can rely on and they know they can rely on him. TO can make a excellent catch on the field at ANYTIME and so can Witten but they're two very different players. I can understand where some people come from when they say that Witten is a "soft" runner. He doesnt lower his shoulder and run over runners like Barber but for a Tight End or a WR that would'nt be very smart because of the risk of injury. TO and Witten are hard to bring down because of their size and stature and both can stiff arm like a beast. The Cowboys are starting to come along as a team and if Owens seperates from the Cowboys it will be the Media's fault. All he wants to do is play football for his "Family" and hopefully win a Super Bow. Good Luck to Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, and my Dallas Cowboys. Lets go 'Boys.

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Those of us that have been around for awhile have grown to enjoy the posts of Keith. (most of the time) Take them for entertainment value only. Nobody else takes him seriously.

Here is one of Keith's better threads.

Silver Boot Series (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35914&highlight=silver+boot+champions)

:spitlol:

And this is why ya gotta love KEITH & Gobbla2001. I am wiping tears out of the corners of my eyes!!!! :clap:

HAHAHAHA

SILVER BOOT!

themsu97
12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
is it now a non story because TO and screamin said it was a non story... heck, no other Cowboy came out and said the story was not true... Bradie James admitted that he had to be mediator...Romo made comments before and after the game about it...
TO loves the spotlight regardless... sit ups in drive way, riding the Tour de France last year with Parcells and training camp... and ESPN is always desperate for a story... I almost cannot watch ESPN anymore... heck, Smith is one of the worst when it comes to naming unnamed sources...
It was funny and entertaining while it lasted... if the Cowboys were to lose this week there would be another story... and TO would probably be the reason behind it...
remember last year when they made a big deal about ROmo and Jessica and TO had to be in the middle of it... TO loves the limelight regardless...
TO may want to be in Dallas but he still has some growing up to do... he does pout alot still...
the bottom line...TO and ESPN are a bad combination

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
A situation in the locker DID happen regardless of what the players say. It may not have been as big as reported by Ed Werder but there WAS a situation. TO has came a long way since arriving in Dallas. He is less selfish and actually calls his team "HIS FAMILY". I NEVER heard him say anything like that at SF or Philadelphia. The media is getting frustrated that Owens is trying to settle down in Dallas and STAY OUT of the media. They had so much publicity from his stupid stunts in SF and Philly that they cant handle it there's not more in Dallas. TO did say that he wanted to be in the media, but as the GOOD GUY not the bad guy anymore. He did make a good point by saying he could be a good name for sponsors to get behind but with his past and the way the media wont let it go it'll be awhile before that happens. TO is finally coming to his roots in Dallas and has a QB and team he can rely on and they know they can rely on him. TO can make a excellent catch on the field at ANYTIME and so can Witten but they're two very different players. I can understand where some people come from when they say that Witten is a "soft" runner. He doesnt lower his shoulder and run over runners like Barber but for a Tight End or a WR that would'nt be very smart because of the risk of injury. TO and Witten are hard to bring down because of their size and stature and both can stiff arm like a beast. The Cowboys are starting to come along as a team and if Owens seperates from the Cowboys it will be the Media's fault. All he wants to do is play football for his "Family" and hopefully win a Super Bow. Good Luck to Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, and my Dallas Cowboys. Lets go 'Boys. :ditto: :iagree:

eagles_victory
12-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by bigYoe
A situation in the locker DID happen regardless of what the players say. It may not have been as big as reported by Ed Werder but there WAS a situation. TO has came a long way since arriving in Dallas. He is less selfish and actually calls his team "HIS FAMILY". I NEVER heard him say anything like that at SF or Philadelphia. The media is getting frustrated that Owens is trying to settle down in Dallas and STAY OUT of the media. They had so much publicity from his stupid stunts in SF and Philly that they cant handle it there's not more in Dallas. TO did say that he wanted to be in the media, but as the GOOD GUY not the bad guy anymore. He did make a good point by saying he could be a good name for sponsors to get behind but with his past and the way the media wont let it go it'll be awhile before that happens. TO is finally coming to his roots in Dallas and has a QB and team he can rely on and they know they can rely on him. TO can make a excellent catch on the field at ANYTIME and so can Witten but they're two very different players. I can understand where some people come from when they say that Witten is a "soft" runner. He doesnt lower his shoulder and run over runners like Barber but for a Tight End or a WR that would'nt be very smart because of the risk of injury. TO and Witten are hard to bring down because of their size and stature and both can stiff arm like a beast. The Cowboys are starting to come along as a team and if Owens seperates from the Cowboys it will be the Media's fault. All he wants to do is play football for his "Family" and hopefully win a Super Bow. Good Luck to Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, and my Dallas Cowboys. Lets go 'Boys. Actually TO said Witten came up to him and asked him about it in the locker room and he said he had already talked to a bunch of teammates about it and was pissed off that the story was out and told Witten he wasnt talking about it and walked off and that is where the altercation rumors came from

JR2004
12-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I'll agree with the more Miles Austin part, but we need him on the Cowboys way too much to let him go...

He deserves better than being a 3rd of 4th option on a team. Our veterans in Washington are a joke and chances are that only one (possibly neither one) of Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are going to succeed at the NFL level. We can turn Austin into a 1000 yard WR if Dallas will just let him go!

eagles_victory
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
He deserves better than being a 3rd of 4th option on a team. Our veterans in Washington are a joke and chances are that only one (possibly neither one) of Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are going to succeed at the NFL level. We can turn Austin into a 1000 yard WR if Dallas will just let him go! Who wants to play for the Dead(last)Skins?

bigYoe
12-17-2008, 04:55 PM
He deserves better than being a 3rd of 4th option on a team. Our veterans in Washington are a joke and chances are that only one (possibly neither one) of Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas are going to succeed at the NFL level. We can turn Austin into a 1000 yard WR if Dallas will just let him go!

You should know Jerry isnt going to LET any player go. That stubborn old man would hate to see a player go and then succeed on another team.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 05:08 PM

The guys who reported on Nixon and Bonds were willing to go down for their sources, lose their credibility, and even their jobs for their stories, which is what I said that every journalist has to do when they have an unnamed source.

I just don't buy that Werder felt that the "T.O. story" was anywhere near the magnitude where he'd be willing to lose his job over it. That's where my disappointment comes from.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
I just think it's ridiculous that the sports media has spent more time over these guys having a disagreement than they did on the Winslow deal up in Cleveland... I feel that was a bigger story due to the fact that these infections are deadly...

but Winslow isn't TO and the Browns aren't the Cowboys... soo...

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I just think it's ridiculous that the sports media has spent more time over these guys having a disagreement than they did on the Winslow deal up in Cleveland... I feel that was a bigger story due to the fact that these infections are deadly...

but Winslow isn't TO and the Browns aren't the Cowboys... soo... It's not about the news...it's about ratings and makin' that money-money, yeah-yeah.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
It's not about the news...it's about ratings and makin' that money-money, yeah-yeah.

exactly...

maybe we'll hear more about it when the 6th person gets infected... that is if TO doesn't take a crap and clog up the headlines with it...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 06:53 PM
exactly...

maybe we'll hear more about it when the 6th person gets infected... that is if TO doesn't take a crap and clogs up the stories...

What gets the ratings is the fault of the consumer..If TO stories get more hits on their site, then of course they go with more TO stories

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
What gets the ratings is the fault of the consumer..If TO stories get more hits on their site, then of course they go with more TO stories

I totally know and understand this, trust me... my main point here is for people not to get too worked up over it... interesting read? yes! Big deal? no!

I also believe if TO and company hadn't played the "the media is doing what they do best" card, the sports media maybe wouldn't have pressed so hard...

I just don't see why it's caused fans to pick sides... there are no sides here...

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 07:05 PM
... that is if TO doesn't take a crap and clog up the headlines with it... :ack!: :spitlol: :spitlol:

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:21 PM
It will all play out over the next few weeks. I don't believe TO - if his mouth is moving then he is probably lying. Any problems that are there will bubble back to the surface at the 1st sign of trouble. Winning cures lots of ills. Losing can bring it all back.

Spin control is all we are hearing now. That was a softball interview by an old friend from Philly days. He did not ask the really tough questions. Mainly it was "woe is me, I'm really a good guy...yada yada yada".

It will all play out soon. Dallas' defense is playing very well. Same cannot be said for a banged up offense.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't believe TO - if his mouth is moving then he is probably lying.

I dunno, usually when his mouth is moving he is speaking his mind, dunno why it'd be any different in '08...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It will all play out over the next few weeks. I don't believe TO - if his mouth is moving then he is probably lying. .

That is just it...TO has never been known to lie to cover up problems, in fact it was just the opposite, he spoke TO MUCH about the problems and his dislike of whatever

I still think a smaller issue was made larger than it was. Something did happen, but I dont think it is any worse than a normal argument between teamates that happen in every locker room during the season

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
but I dont think it is any worse than a normal argument between teamates that happen in every locker room during the season

I don't think we can make this point any more than we already have... it's so true though...

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:35 PM
That is just it...TO has never been known to lie to cover up problems, in fact it was just the opposite, he spoke TO MUCH about the problems and his dislike of whatever

I still think a smaller issue was made larger than it was. Something did happen, but I dont think it is any worse than a normal argument between teamates that happen in every locker room during the season

Ed Werder has been around a long time. He would not bank his reputation on hearsay. He has very credible sources. None of us is in that locker room. It will all come out sooner or later. Probably when they lose again.

TO has a track record for this stuff. And the ringmaster Jerry Jones eats it all up. Thus it is what it is.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Ed Werder has been around a long time. He would not bank his reputation on hearsay. He has very credible sources. None of us is in that locker room. It will all come out sooner or later. Probably when they lose again.

TO has a track record for this stuff. And the ringmaster Jerry Jones eats it all up. Thus it is what it is.

Again..I think something did happen..I did not even say Werder blew it out of proportion( we really DONT know who his sources were this time)

You say TO has a track record and that is why u think this was as bad as it has been reported

Well I am going on the track record that TO has NEVER played nice after the fact. So why now does he start? This was his perfect chance to explode yet this time he does not. That goes agianst his track record

Like you said, we were not there yet you have found him guilty simply on his past.

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:48 PM

Well I am going on the track record that TO has NEVER played nice after the fact. So why now does he start? This was his perfect chance to explode yet this time he does not. That goes agianst his track record

Is the season over yet? It will all play out in due time. And yes, his past precedes him & whose fault is that?

TO's

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Is the season over yet? It will all play out in due time. And yes, his past precedes him & whose fault is that?

TO's

and once again..his past says he does not play nice once problems happen..yet now with this supposedly HUGE blow up and fight..he is playing nice

You have been saying it will happen in due time since the day he got there..so has the media...yet the blow up has not come

Emerson1
12-17-2008, 07:52 PM

You have been saying it will happen in due time since the day he got there..so has the media...yet the blow up has not come
We should have made him set a time frame

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Is the season over yet?

You've been calling for it since TO has been there, though... you keep waiting and waiting...

I'm a Texans fan, if he blows up it doesn't effect my team... I just hope that everyone gets redemption in their lives... esspecially when they've committed no crime...

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:54 PM
and once again..his past says he does not play nice once problems happen..yet now with this supposedly HUGE blow up and fight..he is playing nice

You're right - he's a model teammate & citizen. I forgot I guess!

;)

And he still has zero playoff wins in Dallas & zero rings for his career too. Hmmm....& with his 3rd team.

Great guy.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$

;)

And he still has zero playoff wins in Dallas & zero rings for his career too. Hmmm....& with his 3rd team.

Great guy.

yea I forgot TO was the sole reason they lost last year in the play-offs

Sorry ur reaching

Emerson1
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
How is he not a model citizen?

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by g$$

zero rings for his career too. Hmmm....& with his 3rd team.

Great guy.

BRUCE Matthews had no rings... and with three teams (Houston Oilers, Tennessee Oilers and Tennessee Titans)... I've always heard he's a great guy...

wow, TO in the same group as BRUCE Matthews...

(thanks for reminding me the big man's name was BRUCE, g$$)

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:58 PM
yea I forgot TO was the sole reason they lost last year in the play-offs

Sorry ur reaching

Never said that. I said his teams never win BIG when it counts. I think there's a correlation because he destroys teams & locker rooms. Wake me when "his team" wins a game that truly matters. And we all know that means in the playoffs.

Dallas has not won a playoff game since 1996. I say the streak continues too.

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Gary Matthews had no rings... and with three teams (Houston Oilers, Tennessee Oilers and Tennessee Titans)... I've always heard he's a great guy...

wow, TO in the same group as Gary Matthews...

Bruce Matthews - not the baseball player. He is a great guy, met him at my girlfriend's church & at an Astros game. He also never caused internal troubles.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Bruce Matthews - not the baseball player. He is a great guy, met him at my girlfriend's church & at an Astros game. He also never caused internal troubles.

CRAP I knew I got that wrong after I posted it......

Bruce... I'll edit now, thanks...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Never said that. I said his teams never win BIG when it counts. I think there's a correlation because he destroys teams & locker rooms. Wake me when "his team" wins a game that truly matters. And we all know that means in the playoffs.

Dallas has not won a playoff game since 1996. I say the streak continues too.

ok so if he has tore up the Dallas lockeroom..Why are players not coming out and saying it like they did in SF and Philly...What about former players? What about Bill Parcells himself who has said from the day he left TO never was a problem

Sorry but if he was tearing it up since he has been in Dallas like you claim I think SOMEONE would have said something by now

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:01 PM
How is he not a model citizen?

If I need to answer that, then you have been in a coma for years. Are you serious?

Go back thru his time in the NFL & get back with us.

I never said he was a criminal. Just a trouble-making egomaniac who destroys teams.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Go back .

he said "is": present tense

you said "go back", which would be past tense

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:04 PM
ok so if he has tore up the Dallas lockeroom..Why are players not coming out and saying it like they did in SF and Philly...What about former players? What about Bill Parcells himself who has said from the day he left TO never was a problem

Sorry but if he was tearing it up since he has been in Dallas like you claim I think SOMEONE would have said something by now

I sure read anonymous quotes from current players. I have heard old teammates speak out later about him. He's no angel.

TO sure put down Parcells after he left. Would not call them cozy buddies.

Emerson1
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just a trouble-making egomaniac who destroys teams.
That would make him a bad teammate

Nothing to do with being a citizen which is outside of his job.

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
he said "is": present tense

you said "go back", which would be past tense

I don't need an English lesson. I know my tenses.

He is what he is, then & now. How's that?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I sure read anonymous quotes from current players. I have heard old teammates speak out later about him. He's no angel.

TO sure put down Parcells after he left. Would not call them cozy buddies.

What former COWBOY said he was a problem?

And your right him and Parcells were not buddies...That gave Bill the perfect out he could say well we would have been fine last year but TO destroyed it, YET DID NOT. So even though he resented TO he still has never once said TO was a problem player. Just like NO former Cowboys that played with TO in Dallas have came out and said he tore up the lockeroom

only an unnamed source....and btw who is exactly tearing the lockeroom..TO or the unnames source (if a player) that would air dirty laundry to the media

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I know my tenses.

strange... I coulda just swore you ignored the tense in which Emerson1's question was asked...

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
That would make him a bad teammate

Nothing to do with being a citizen which is outside of his job.

How you treat people on & off the job accounts for citizenship. I never said anything about criminal behavior. Just a poor excuse for a human being.

Character counts in my book. It does not in Dallas, & never will with Jerry Jones in charge.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
The fact in this story remains this: TO has done nothing out of the ordinary... you just read/hear about EVERYTHING he does do...

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:11 PM
strange... I coulda just swore you ignored the tense in which Emerson1's question was asked...

Same guy then & now - thus "is" works. We can discuss English grammar & usage all day if you wish.

And that would be "could have sworn" to be correct above.

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
What former COWBOY said he was a problem?

And your right him and Parcells were not buddies...That gave Bill the perfect out he could say well we would have been fine last year but TO destroyed it, YET DID NOT. So even though he resented TO he still has never once said TO was a problem player. Just like NO former Cowboys that played with TO in Dallas have came out and said he tore up the lockeroom

only an unnamed source....and btw who is exactly tearing the lockeroom..TO or the unnames source (if a player) that would air dirty laundry to the media

Players on other teams like in SF & Philly have not spoken out about him? Now a player(s) in Dallas. See a pattern.

TO implied Garcia was gay to the media. Is that dirty laundry? Turns out Garcia is not anyway.

Great guy, huh?

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Same guy then & now - thus "is" works. We can discuss English grammar & usage all day if you wish.

And that would be "could have swore" to be correct above.

I could have swore three days ago, or I 'coulda' JUST swore two seconds ago...

either way, grammar was not my intention, but grammar had nothing to do with it... I was talking about the current events we're discussing and the events in the past that you dwell on...

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Players on other teams like in SF & Philly have not spoken out about him? Now a player(s) in Dallas. See a pattern.

TO implied Garcia was gay to the media. Is that dirty laundry? Turns out Garcia is not anyway.

Great guy, huh?

once again

What former COWBOY has said he tore the locker room up. You implied Dallas has not won a play-off game since he has been in Dallas because in part he tears the locker room up..Yet No COWBOY player has said a word...or a former Coach who has NEVER been shy about speaking out on former players.

quit going back to SF and Philly because that is not what I have been talking about, only you like to bring it up every chance u can.

And until we hear the name of a player it is nothing but an unamed source

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I could have sworn three days ago, or I 'coulda' JUST sworn two seconds ago...

either way, grammar was not my intention, but grammar had nothing to do with it... I was talking about the current events we're discussing and the events in the past that you dwell on...

Then don't try to call me out on what is correct or incorrect. You went down that road not me.

"Could of swore" is never correct, sorry.

His past precedes him. That was the point.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$

His past precedes him. That was the point.

did you have the internet growing up?

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:20 PM
once again

What former COWBOY has said he tore the locker room up. You implied Dallas has not won a play-off game since he has been in Dallas because in part he tears the locker room up..Yet No COWBOY player has said a word...or a former Coach who has NEVER been shy about speaking out on former players.

quit going back to SF and Philly because that is not what I have been talking about, only you like to bring it up every chance u can.

And until we hear the name of a player it is nothing but an unamed source

It will all play out in due time. Let's watch & see. The man is not going to change. His past is important because it precedes him & establishes his pattern of behavior. That is undeniable.

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
did you have the internet growing up?

Yes, once we all did.

Did you take English? Take a joke.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Yes.

Did you take English?

yah I took it but we never discussed could have swore or could have sworn (which I should have said, my mistake)...

Okay, better question... did you have the 3adownlow growing up?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It will all play out in due time. Let's watch & see. The man is not going to change. His past is important because it precedes him & establishes his pattern of behavior. That is undeniable.

your still now answering the question...Your assumption is he has tore up the locker room the whole time he has been in Dallas

where is the proof? Where is the former players with no reason to protect him

Where is Parcells saying TO was the problem?

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
yah I took it but we never discussed could have swore or could have sworn (which I should have said, my mistake)...

Okay, better question... did you have the 3adownlow growing up?

Wasn't around then, thanks.

Did your class discuss helping verbs & correct grammar/usage when you were growing up?

Want to keep going in circles?

I don't.

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:28 PM
your still now answering the question...Your assumption is he has tore up the locker room the whole time he has been in Dallas

where is the proof? Where is the former players with no reason to protect him

Where is Parcells saying TO was the problem?

We've been down this road too many times. You know what is out there. You know his past.

Let's watch & see what happens in the end.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
We've been down this road too many times. You know what is out there. You know his past.

Let's watch & see what happens in the end.

once again..You say watch because of his past..You made a claim and now your not backing it up

g$$
12-17-2008, 08:33 PM
once again..You say watch because of his past..You made a claim and now your not backing it up

Proof is in the pudding. Why is he in Dallas to begin with then? There's your proof. He was asked to leave by his previous 2 teams because of his divisive ways.

Gotta go. I'll be watching.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Proof is in the pudding. Why is he in Dallas to begin with then? There's your proof. He was asked to leave by his previous 2 teams because of his divisive ways.

Gotta go. I'll be watching.

Of course you got to go..you claim he has been tearing up the Dallas lockeroom but provide no proof to that..u just keep going to BEFORE his Dallas days

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wasn't around then, thanks.

----

Want to keep going in circles?

I don't.

oh, we're not going in circles, you don't complete the circle...

seeing that one's past precedes them, you shouldn't be here because growing up (you know, back in the PAST), you didn't have the 3adownlow... I didn't either, so neither of us should be here... we should just be quiet and go about being born and playing with toys etc... since that's our past...

That's why my grammar sucks... I'm just a baby because that was my past... I haven't learned how to spell yet... oh crap how have I gotten this far without that bottle from my past in my mouth... I'm confused now... wait... womb... where'd the womb go?

Texasfootball2
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by g$$

;)

Great guy. Weak argument, one of the classiest guys to ever put on a uniform has Zero playoff wins and zero championship rings while playing for several different teams.

Archie Manning

And if we need to research it for more proof we can but this is a "weak" argument. Why don't you just come out and say it. You hate TO and nothing is going to change your mind, nothing. You want him to fail and can't wait so you can say "I told you":tongue:

themsu97
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Weak argument, one of the classiest guys to ever put on a uniform has Zero playoff wins and zero championship rings while playing for several different teams.

Archie Manning

And if we need to research it for more proof we can but this is a "weak" argument. Why don't you just come out and say it. You hate TO and nothing is going to change your mind, nothing. You want him to fail and can't wait so you can say "I told you":tongue:

there have been some serious reaching and stupid comments on this thread but this is by far the furthest and the dumbest... Archie Manning? are you serious? he played before there was free agency so once on a bad team, usually always on a bad team... the Saints did not have a winning season in their entire franchise history until the late 80's... they drafted Russell Erxleben with a first round pick...

TO has not contributed to anything... his best playoff moment was the td catch he caught from Steve Young against the Packers...
I will admit it, I think TO should just go away... I think he wants to be in Dallas so he will always be on Sportscenter... ESPN is almost as bad... this is the same station that runs out Skip Bayless... I think TO and Bayless should disappear together...
I like Romo, WHitten WIlliams and Barber... but Jones and TO deserve each other... sometimes you just sell your soul to the devil...

JR2004
12-17-2008, 09:56 PM
WOW...It took more than a day for Ol' Napoleon to make an appearance in a Terrell Owens thread!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by themsu97

TO has not contributed to anything... his best playoff moment was the td catch he caught from Steve Young against the Packers...
I

I think his best play-off performance was coming back early on the broken leg and basically keeping the Eagles in the SB

pirate4state
12-17-2008, 10:54 PM
oh, we're not going in circles, you don't complete the circle...

seeing that one's past precedes them, you shouldn't be here because growing up (you know, back in the PAST), you didn't have the 3adownlow... I didn't either, so neither of us should be here... we should just be quiet and go about being born and playing with toys etc... since that's our past...

That's why my grammar sucks... I'm just a baby because that was my past... I haven't learned how to spell yet... oh crap how have I gotten this far without that bottle from my past in my mouth... I'm confused now... wait... womb... where'd the womb go?

:spitlol: :D

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
This just in...TO has gone into the bathroom. Unnamed sources are saying that he's going number 2. Stay tuned to ESPN for the latest on how things come out.

themsu97
12-18-2008, 08:24 AM
This just in...TO has gone into the bathroom. Unnamed sources are saying that he's going number 2. Stay tuned to ESPN for the latest on how things come out.

unfortunately, this would be true pretty soon

Pick6
12-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Character counts in my book.

It counts in my book also. When you show up only to trash someone it shows your character.

crzyjournalist03
12-18-2008, 09:46 AM
We should have made him set a time frame

Originally, he said during his first contract, and that he'd never make it through three years with the team. I called him on it when T.O. signed the extension, but as is usually the case, when something else happens other than what he expects to, he was nowhere to be found.

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 09:49 AM
well crzy that's cause ya gotta wait & see or hide & watch :D

crzyjournalist03
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
well crzy that's cause ya gotta wait & see or hide & watch :D

maybe, but sometimes don't you get the feeling that your friends all played a prank on you and you're the only one still hiding? ;)

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 09:53 AM
maybe, but sometimes don't you get the feeling that your friends all played a prank on you and you're the only one still hiding? ;) :thinking:

I think g$$ just likes playing "peek-a-boo"

crzyjournalist03
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking:

I think g$$ just likes playing "peek-a-boo"

What a coincidence! So does my 7-month-old...and we don't pay much attention to her jibberish either! :D

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 09:57 AM
What a coincidence! So does my 7-month-old...and we don't pay much attention to her jibberish either! :D :clap: HAHA :D

Electus Unus
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
My $.02 is that it is pretty wrong and immoral to judge a person and to say one is a poor excuse for a human being. Which is ironic because you say character counts in your book. So who are you to judge that? Sure he has had his problems in the past but I have to side with him on this subject and the entire defense sided with TO on this source. If Werder would have just named his one source we would not be having this conversation but because he didn't it makes you believe the story is just hear say. But what do I know?

nobogey72
12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
My $.02 is that it is pretty wrong and immoral to judge a person and to say one is a poor excuse for a human being. Which is ironic because you say character counts in your book. So who are you to judge that? Sure he has had his problems in the past but I have to side with him on this subject and the entire defense sided with TO on this source. If Werder would have just named his one source we would not be having this conversation but because he didn't it makes you believe the story is just hear say. But what do I know?

Hey, don't waste your breath. This is just typical G$$ dialogue. He is obviously against any former or current Longhorns or any post-Landry Cowboy. But, I can ruffle his feathers and draw him back out quicker than anyone. Just don't argue with him because he is the ultimate authority on class and character. And ability too (come to think of it). Oh, and grammar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just hide and watch and let this thread play out. He'll be back.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
12-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hey, don't waste your breath. This is just typical G$$ dialogue. He is obviously against any former or current Longhorns or any post-Landry Cowboy. But, I can ruffle his feathers and draw him back out quicker than anyone. Just don't argue with him because he is the ultimate authority on class and character. And ability too (come to think of it). Oh, and grammar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just hide and watch and let this thread play out. He'll be back.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :taunt:

nobogey72
12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :taunt:

Yeah, I know!! It's been an hour now and he hasn't come back yet. I guess he realizes that he was dead wrong and feels bad about it. My guess is that he is busy attending an A&M Booster Club meeting to discuss plans for their upcoming bowl game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pick6
12-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I know!! It's been an hour now and he hasn't come back yet. I guess he realizes that he was dead wrong and feels bad about it. My guess is that he is busy attending an A&M Booster Club meeting to discuss plans for their upcoming bowl game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Sheep Bowl?

ccmom
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I know!! It's been an hour now and he hasn't come back yet. I guess he realizes that he was dead wrong and feels bad about it. My guess is that he is busy attending an A&M Booster Club meeting to discuss plans for their upcoming bowl game.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap:
(But if you tell ccdad I applauded that I will deny, deny, deny!;) )

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Of course you got to go..you claim he has been tearing up the Dallas lockeroom but provide no proof to that..u just keep going to BEFORE his Dallas days

I did have to leave, thanks. Some things - like life - come before 3adl to me.

I'm tired of talking about TO. It will all play out for us all to see. I know where I would place my bet too.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
there have been some serious reaching and stupid comments on this thread but this is by far the furthest and the dumbest... Archie Manning? are you serious? he played before there was free agency so once on a bad team, usually always on a bad team... the Saints did not have a winning season in their entire franchise history until the late 80's... they drafted Russell Erxleben with a first round pick...

I will admit it, I think TO should just go away... I think he wants to be in Dallas so he will always be on Sportscenter... ESPN is almost as bad... this is the same station that runs out Skip Bayless... I think TO and Bayless should disappear together...
I like Romo, WHitten WIlliams and Barber... but Jones and TO deserve each other... sometimes you just sell your soul to the devil...

Well said & agreed. Archie Manning played on some of the worst teams in NFL history. Apples & oranges argument.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
It counts in my book also. When you show up only to trash someone it shows your character.

TO does not need me to trash him. He does it all by himself regularly. I only responded to a guy who questioned my English, not the other way around. I value character in everyone.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
WOW...It took more than a day for Ol' Napoleon to make an appearance in a Terrell Owens thread!

And you still do not grasp what that complex means. Really surprised.

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$

I'm tired of talking about TO. .

then why do you only MAGICALLY show up to post when TO is in the news?

Or when UT has something go wrong

amazing..you did not post during this past football season while A&M struggled...boy if it had been Texas with that record we would not have been able to shut u up about it

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally, he said during his first contract, and that he'd never make it through three years with the team. I called him on it when T.O. signed the extension, but as is usually the case, when something else happens other than what he expects to, he was nowhere to be found.

I challenge you to find those quotes from me. I have always said at some point TO would destroy the team. Well on his way too.

Not hiding, either, just come & go. I'm not hard to find.

Still waiting on that 1st playoff win since 1996 too.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey, don't waste your breath. This is just typical G$$ dialogue. He is obviously against any former or current Longhorns or any post-Landry Cowboy. But, I can ruffle his feathers and draw him back out quicker than anyone. Just don't argue with him because he is the ultimate authority on class and character. And ability too (come to think of it). Oh, and grammar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just hide and watch and let this thread play out. He'll be back.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And you will be sending me PMs soon apologizing for your behavior, & what caused it, & your job, & what you ate for breakfast, etc.

Why do I say this? Because you have done it more than once in the past. And as usual, you are wrong & just trying way too hard for a laugh.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM

No, I was discussing small town life in Abilene & how I feel sorry for those dead-end people. And poor TSFs like yourself.

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:47 PM
then why do you only MAGICALLY show up to post when TO is in the news?

Or when UT has something go wrong

amazing..you did not post during this past football season while A&M struggled...boy if it had been Texas with that record we would not have been able to shut u up about it

A&M has been down the past few years & I was here. This past year had nothing to do with it. Our overall program (19 sports) is flourishing. We beat Texas in the most recent LSS. Football needs to join the party, agreed. But I will take our OVERALL program over Texas' right now. Heck, we won more conference titles last year too. Our bad football team has won 2/3 games over Texas.

I moved, changed jobs, & had family concerns. Plus, I don't have to justify when I come around to anybody. What are you stalking me?

Seems when I do come around you sure find me.

Txbroadcaster
12-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
AWhat are you stalking me?

Seems when I do come around you sure find me.

Easy to find you

You only Post in TO or Problems for UT threads :D

g$$
12-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Easy to find you

You only Post in TO or Problems for UT threads :D

Not hard to find. Check PMs even when not posting. Want my phone # too? I don't hide from anyone or anything.

;)

nobogey72
12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by g$$
No, I was discussing small town life in Abilene & how I feel sorry for those dead-end people. And poor TSFs like yourself.

You ought to try the "small-town" life, it might help you with some of your issues, and possible lower your med. dosage. The "big city" life doesn't seem to be a good fit for you. It seems to make you negative. Life is good in the small town. It tends to make one find the "good" in things and people rather than the bad. I know..... you are from Sweeny and you know all about the small-town life. Problem is---- You've forgotten your roots.

g$$
12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
You ought to try the "small-town" life, it might help you with some of your issues, and possible lower your med. dosage. The "big city" life doesn't seem to be a good fit for you. It seems to make you negative. Life is good in the small town. It tends to make one find the "good" in things and people rather than the bad. I know..... you are from Sweeny and you know all about the small-town life. Problem is---- You've forgotten your roots.

No I have not, really like my hometown & lots of good people. Difference is I knew when to get out. Love to visit, don't want to live there. Simple as that.

I take a daily vitamin. That's all I need.

Why the hate? Thought all that was in the past after your multiple apologies?

How's your stand-up routine coming along btw?

eagles_victory
12-18-2008, 06:16 PM
You're wasting your time arguing with this guy move on we are just reinforcing his behavior.

g$$
12-18-2008, 06:22 PM
You're wasting your time arguing with this guy move on we are just reinforcing his behavior.

Thought you were studying Cover 2 tape & then moving on to option routes?

Oh wait, you're just here to swing from TO's jock even when he quits on a route. My bad.

Big Papa
12-18-2008, 06:24 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

although it is interesting to see who's gonna get the last word in

Pick6
12-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by g$$
My bad.

In more ways than you can imagine.

eagles_victory
12-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thought you were studying Cover 2 tape & then moving on to option routes?

Oh wait, you're just here to swing from TO's jock even when he quits on a route. My bad. I said I was not going to reinforce your behavior by arguing with you I guess that is just proof you are here trying to pick arguments well thats fine for you I suppose but I won't take part in it. By swing from jock if that means I like T.O. then I guess im swinging I thought I was entitled to that guess not.

crzyjournalist03
12-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I challenge you to find those quotes from me. I have always said at some point TO would destroy the team. Well on his way too.

Not hiding, either, just come & go. I'm not hard to find.

Still waiting on that 1st playoff win since 1996 too.

I ran out of time while doing some research, so I'll have to get back to it when I have more time, but right off the top, here's a few things:

Here, you implied that T.O. would not be back with the Cowboys after his first year:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58168&perpage=15&highlight=poison&pagenumber=4

Here, you allude to the imminent "time bomb" where you think that there's going to be a blowup within a couple of weeks:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58048&highlight=cancer

And here's a thread from before their 2007 playoffs where you once again imply that there is a blowup in the immediate future:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76368&perpage=15&highlight=cancer&pagenumber=1

eagles_victory
12-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And you will be sending me PMs soon apologizing for your behavior, & what caused it, & your job, & what you ate for breakfast, etc.

Why do I say this? Because you have done it more than once in the past. And as usual, you are wrong & just trying way too hard for a laugh. 6). Do not divulge contents of Private Messages.
Private messages are meant to be private, do not post private messages you receive in an open thread. You may, however report abuse to the board leadership/owners via the Private Message facility or the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.
:doh:

nobogey72
12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Why do I say this? Because you have done it more than once in the past. And as usual, you are wrong & just trying way too hard for a laugh.

And..... then you usually reply by saying (more than once) that you will come to Abilene and whoop my ass because "you are younger and more athletic" was how you put it. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Texasfootball2
12-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No, I was discussing small town life in Abilene & how I feel sorry for those dead-end people. And poor TSFs like yourself. Man, you have some serious issues:doh: Unlike most on here, I refuse to spend to much of my time jacking back and forth with you. Besides being a total waste of time it does nothing for me, nor does it give me any satifaction. As for you, stirring the pot:stirpot: seems to give you the same satisfaction that a pyromaniac gets while starting fires:D because it seems to give you your jollies. So respond if you wish, but don't expect a whole lot from me in return.

Go Cowboys!:D

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:05 PM
And..... then you usually reply by saying (more than once) that you will come to Abilene and whoop my ass because "you are younger and more athletic" was how you put it. :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

No, I have no desire to go back to Abilene. Been there & done that. Nice people & that's about it.

I have never in my life have used the term "whoop anything", excluding the Aggie Whoop. I did invite you to come to Houston a long time ago to "visit" when you challenged me.

Take care & you still did not answer my question. You are much more rational in PMs, I will say that. And I hope you bought a new t-shirt this year since ACU doesn't fulfill your needs.

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
I refuse to spend to much of my time jacking back and forth with you. So respond if you wish, but don't expect a whole lot from me in return.

You just did! Let the season play out.

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Do people hate G more than me?

Is that possible?

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 02:17 PM

That is actually against the rules to threaten someone in an open thread OR PM!!:eek:

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

Is that possible?

Oh a few do, & then they realize most of the time I am just pulling their chain.

You're from WC...duh! Comes w/ the territory. But I do have a few very good friends from WC that I still keep up with regularly.

Have a good one.

Sweetwater Red
12-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Is that possible?

nm...not funny:doh:

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is actually against the rules to threaten someone in an open thread OR PM!!:eek:

And taking great liberties w/ what I said many moons ago. I still have the PMs I think. No big deal on this end.

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
I think it's hilarious when people argue with G$$.

Is it that funny when I post dumb stuff too?

Or overstate my point like 26 times?

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Oh a few do, & then they realize most of the time I am just pulling their chain.

You're from WC...duh! Comes w/ the territory. But I do have a few very good friends from WC that I still keep up with regularly.

Have a good one. It must be a Brazoria County thing.

:thinking: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2008, 02:24 PM

Is that possible?

I dont hate him..or you

I enjoy the debate that is all so I am always willing to tangle with G when it comes to TO, Jerry Jones or UT

crzyjournalist03
12-19-2008, 02:24 PM

No, copycats are never as good as originals. :p

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 02:27 PM

I won't ever argue with him...he has his opinion and I have mine, NOTHING he says is gonna change my mind...I am extremely hard headed!!

It's just fun to watch him go ON and ON and ON!!

Necks_Fan
12-19-2008, 02:29 PM
No, copycats are never as good as originals. :p Only difference being, I like to talk about things other than TO or my resume. :)

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:30 PM
I won't ever argue with him...he has his opinion and I have mine, NOTHING he says is gonna change my mind...I am extremely hard headed!!

Or vice-versa more than likely!

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Only difference being, I like to talk about things other than TO or my resume. :)

Might want to check the topics I post on more closely...

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Man, you have some serious issues:doh: Unlike most on here, I refuse to spend to much of my time jacking back and forth with you. Besides being a total waste of time it does nothing for me, nor does it give me any satifaction. As for you, stirring the pot:stirpot: seems to give you the same satisfaction that a pyromaniac gets while starting fires:D because it seems to give you your jollies. So respond if you wish, but don't expect a whole lot from me in return.

he's compensating for something :wave:

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Might want to check the topics I post on more closely...
UT blotter? and how you know so much about baseball? most of the time it's your resume you post to justify the drivel you put on here. you're an insecure man who gains through others accomplishments or lack there of. You're a bitter man and your need to be right and inability to see the alternative speaks volumes of you. I've never seen little man syndrome in anyone who constantly states how tall he is and how he is such a physical specimen! :) haha HE SCREAMS INTERNET HERO!!!

maybe you need a hug?

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
UT blotter? and how you know so much about baseball? most of the time it's your resume you post to justify the drivel you put on here. you're an insecure man who gains through others accomplishments or lack there of. You're a bitter man and your need to be right and inability to see the alternative speaks volumes of you. I've never seen little man syndrome in anyone who constantly states how tall he is and how he is such a physical specimen! :) haha HE SCREAMS INTERNET HERO!!!

Have not posted a single thing, good or bad, about UT in a very long time (did mention LSS yesterday in a reply). And my mental health is fine. For the record, I am a normal sized guy too. Not small & not large. Just average sized guy @ 6'1" 195 lbs. You don't know me, wannabe Dr. Phil, say stick to your day job.

And if I am wrong, I say so. Always gonna be that way too. If I am right, then you will know that too.

Maybe Amsterdam is being too good to you, if you know what I mean.

And my girlfriend is very good to me!

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Have not posted a single thing, good or bad, about UT in a very long time (did mention LSS yesterday in a reply). And my mental health is fine. For the record, I am a normal sized guy too. Not small & not large. Just average sized guy @ 6'1" 195 lbs. You don't know me, Dr. Phil, say stick to your day job.

And if I am wrong, I say so. Always gonna be that way too. If I am right, then you will know that too.

Maybe Amsterdam is being too good to you, if you know what I mean.
the hug is still out there if you ever need it! :D
I Care!

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM

maybe you need a hug?

Like THIS DUDE?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0)

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
the hug is still out there if you ever need it! :D
I Care!

I'm good, thanks.

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Like THIS DUDE?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0)
:eek:

DaHop72
12-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Like THIS DUDE?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0) :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: