PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray Out...

JR2004
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Of the BCS title game...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3772990

Murray to have surgery, miss BCS title game

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma Sooners running back DeMarco Murray will have surgery to repair a partial rupture of his left hamstring tendon and will not play in the FedEx BCS National Championship Game against the Florida Gators on Jan. 8.

Murray, the Sooners' second-leading rusher, was injured on the opening kickoff of the Big 12 championship game on Dec. 6. The Sooners initially believed Murray had suffered a bruise, but an MRI exam revealed the injury to be more serious. Surgery has been scheduled for Dec. 22, the university said.

The school said that according to head trainer Scott Anderson, it will be about five months before Murray is cleared to resume training.

Murray gained 1,002 yards rushing this season, just eight fewer than team rushing leader Chris Brown. He led the Sooners in all-purpose yards with 2,171, with 395 receiving yards and another 774 yards in kickoff returns, scoring 18 touchdowns.

"Obviously we're very disappointed for DeMarco," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "He has been an important part of our success this year and we will miss his contributions. DeMarco has had an incredible year. "

"With Chris Brown and Mossis Madu, we still have two very fine backs. Our team has a lot of confidence in their abilities."

kepdawg
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I guess that's the excuse if they get rolled. :thinking:

Phil C
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
:(

bobcat74
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg

It was when Texas beat em.:rolleyes:

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-16-2008, 04:16 PM

When they get rolled;)

cshscougar08
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bobcat74
It was when Texas beat em.:rolleyes:

Ummmm there were no excuses made when Texas beat us. :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ummmm there were no excuses made when Texas beat us. :rolleyes:

Maybe not by YOU..but a ton of OU fans said the Refs screwed them and or Murray being out is why Texas won

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ummmm there were no excuses made when Texas beat us. :rolleyes: Some Wylie fan was crying like a small child

cshscougar08
12-16-2008, 05:07 PM

No excuses with a rolling, which by the way is probably not going to happen. But if it's a close one and we come up short, I will be one to say that Murray could have made the difference. With him in the backfield, because he's such a great receiver, you don't know as a defense whether it's a pass or run play. We use him in lots of different ways, just like Florida does with Harvin. I think we're going to be fine without him, but it will cut down a bit on the flexibility of some play calls.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Percy is gonna go nuts in this game if he is healthy.

JR2004
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Percy is gonna go nuts in this game if he is healthy.

Yes he certainly will.

cshscougar08
12-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Maybe not by YOU..but a ton of OU fans said the Refs screwed them and or Murray being out is why Texas won

Well in their defense, the refs did make some awful calls BOTH ways. But it certainly didn't lose us the game by any means. And even with Murray in the game, it wouldn't have established much more of a running game. So yeah. . . .

As for that Wylie person, some people just need to open their eyes and be more objective in their thoughts about games and coaching and officiating.

Electus Unus
12-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Percy is gonna go nuts in this game if he is healthy. So will Demps, Rainey, Tebow, Murphy, and Hernandez

Simple Man
12-16-2008, 07:06 PM
So will Bradford, Iggy, Manny, Broyles, Brown, Gresham,, Madu.

I. B. Watching
12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Murray played against Texas. But he wasn't very effective. OU did lose its starting MLB Ryan Reynolds in that game. Murray and Reynolds may be the two best high school football players to ever come out of Nevada, and neither have had much luck. They've been hurt most of their collegiate careers. I hope they both come back stronger than ever.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
So will Bradford, Iggy, Manny, Broyles, Brown, Gresham,, Madu. Madu im sure Florida is really worried about him.

I. B. Watching
12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
DT Granger is out of championship game too... back surgery

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I think OU will be just fine...

I think people will learn something in these bowl games: The Big 12 can play defense when they're not playing Big 12 offenses... just sucks FLA has a damn fine offense... but nothing like a Big 12 offense...

we'll see...

eagles_victory
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
DT Granger is out of championship game too... back surgery Rumor is Miami shopping malls have scaled back their security since this was announced.

JR2004
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Rumor is Miami shopping malls have scaled back their security since this was announced.

I remember an article the DMN did on Granger when he was still at Kimball. If I remember right he would spend a large chunk of his summer down in Fairfield because his grandmother (possibly great-grandmother) had a farm down there that he loved to go visit. Too bad y'all didn't get him to just stay there permanently and play for your Eagles back then.

eagles_victory
12-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I remember an article the DMN did on Granger when he was still at Kimball. If I remember right he would spend a large chunk of his summer down in Fairfield because his grandmother (possibly great-grandmother) had a farm down there that he loved to go visit. Too bad y'all didn't get him to just stay there permanently and play for your Eagles back then. AHhh crap had I known that I would of made the joke about him being picked up for shoplifting hell I would of loved to have him on our team. Had I known I would of tried to recruit him to stay.

BwdLions
12-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Texas played their entire Big XII schedule without a true TE. That's a key position for most teams. (Peter Ullman filled in, but he is really just another OL and is not near the athlete Blain Irby is). OU has a big advantage with a player the caliber of Gresham at TE. My point is, a top five football team should be able to overcome the loss of one or two players and still have success.

I. B. Watching
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I agree. Especially with this much time before the game. Had the injuries occurred a week before the BCS championship game, it might be a different story, but now they have plenty of time to get a game plan in place without Murray or Granger involved.

cshscougar08
12-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm far from worried about losing Granger. He has been a non factor since he was hurt against Washington. As for Murray, it hurts, no denying it. But you're right. We're easily going to be able to adjust and put in a game plan that doesn't have him in it. So things won't slow down a bit. I'm very much looking forward to the game. It's gonna be great.

Electus Unus
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Rumor is Miami shopping malls have scaled back their security since this was announced. Only at the Burlington Coat Factory :D. Granger wouldn't have gotten hurt if he didn't take a cheap shot.