PDA

View Full Version : Wharton's Kellen Heard commits to Miami hurricanes

bc 76
11-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Good luck to this young man,now he can focus on the playoffs and get ready for the game against rice cons friday night.Get ready rice rb's cause the big K will ready for you.

Crow22
11-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Congratulations to Miami!

They just landed the biggest, laziest, and most overrated player in America.

p.s. If anybody in the ACC wants to know how to block him, just study the last 3 Rice/Wharton games. After tonight, make it the last 4.

Go Raiders! I'll be listening for the score.

Good luck to all my boys.

CheerMom
11-07-2003, 08:27 AM
Crow22, you forgot dirty playing. That is what he is best at!! Can't wait until tonight!! Go Raiders!

TigerFan71
11-08-2003, 12:47 AM
CHEERMOM - I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH YOUR COMMENTS THE LAST FEW DAYS.

ANY YOUNG MAN THAT GIVES 7 YEARS TO FOOTBALL SHOULD DESERVES MORE RESPECT, no matter if he plays every down or he plays the last 15 second of the last game of the season.

Wharton players and fans have respected the Rice players since day one and I think they showed it tonight and I believe the Rice team showed respect even thought a few Rice adults like yourself did not. This should close the case on what Wharton thinks about the Rice players.

Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs.

P.S. Wharton would have loved to had your cheerleaders and band over. They would have been welcomed.

trojandad
11-08-2003, 02:18 PM
I don't have a clue who the kid is, or anything about him. I can imagine that nobody negatively commenting on him ever achieved anything close to the recognition of a ride to Miami. Some posts are meant to opinionate, some to congratulate. I would be congratulating him no matter where he attends high school.

CheerMom
11-08-2003, 04:25 PM
TigerFan71, how DARE you accuse me of not having any respect for these kids. I have nothing but respect for the boys who go out and play their hearts out game after game. Of course with the exception of those few who are known to play dirty and taunt the players on the opposing team. I don't know of anyone who accepts this type of behavior on the field. But, I guess the ones who defend them will do anything it takes to win.

29x281
11-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Congratulations to Kellen on his scholarship offer to Miami. I know that Miami was very impressed with his latent athletic potential and his obvious size.

That said, he has a lot of work to do and a lot of improvements to make before he'll see the field at Miami. Still, good luck.

shortsnsports
11-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Good luck to Kellen at Miami. This kid showed me a lot of class at the Navasota game. When the kid from Navasota got hurt and the Navasota team was on the sideline praying, he went over to the sideline with Navasota and got in their prayer. I have seen this kid play for 4 years and there are times when I did not agree with all his actions. These high school kids will paly the way they are coached, you have to have disipline in your program and Wharton hasn't always had that.

GoForIt
11-09-2003, 10:46 AM
If the kid has class now, he won't after going to Miami. Anyone who secretly dreams of playing ball there already has a serious ego problem and wants to play big-mouth bully! Like another player from there. Does the name Lamar Lathom ring a bell?

Rabbit'93
11-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Grown men and women slamming an 18 yr old kid. Who's acting like the kid here?

Gobbla2001
11-09-2003, 02:11 PM
HE has a great love for the game... It's not right to taunt or get po'd out on the field, but atleast it's some passion...

TO HEARD - Miami said they wanted you to come to an emergency visit in Florida... They said the time is around.... hmmm... I think 7:30 this coming Friday... The time and place is non-negotionable...

Us Cuero fans hope you can do well at Miami and believe that this meeting with them in Florida this Friday night at 7:30 is very important to your success there...

BrahmaMom
11-09-2003, 03:19 PM
What a controversy. I know nothing about the boy, but I do know he's been offered a wonderful opportunity at the next level and I am happy for him about that. He won't come out a rocket scientist, but he probably doesn't want to be one. He will have to work hard to see the field, but I congratulate him on the opportunity. I don't understand the emergency visit, but that's okay. I wish him the best.

Gobbla2001
11-09-2003, 03:22 PM
BrahmaMom:
What a controversy. I know nothing about the boy, but I do know he's been offered a wonderful opportunity at the next level and I am happy for him about that. He won't come out a rocket scientist, but he probably doesn't want to be one. He will have to work hard to see the field, but I congratulate him on the opportunity. I don't understand the emergency visit, but that's okay. I wish him the best.Emergency Meeting - The emergency meeting is at 7:30 this coming Friday night around the same time Cuero and Wharton kick-off our playoff match-up... I heard Miami wants him in Florida that night :D

Get it?

whrtntig1
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Is this the cheermom who was so rightous on the other site? First for two years i listened about the late hits, the kicks, and dirt thrown in the eyes of our players when they traveled to rice.If you want to make a positive statement DONT stick your foot in your mouth by running down children---it shows a tremendous lack of maturity. After all one at rice isd called to tell our cheerleaders,band, anad drill team not to come over the welcome your team because IT WOULD NOT BE WISED. Mature behavior?

PPHSfan
11-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations Kellen

I have never seen you play and I don't know who you are, but I would be willing to bet one thing about your character is this.

I bet for the past 10 years of more you have Eaten, Dreamed, and Slept Football. I bet that when some of your peers were sleeping in and playing video games all summer, that you were in the weight room 5 or 6 times a week. I bet that at the end of 2aDays you actually had to drag yourself off the field because you gave it your all. I bet that even now, that you have realized your dream of taking it to the next level, that you are focused on nothing but your game coming up this weekend. I could go on, but One Last Thing....I bet that if you are reading this thread, that you are far above the "critisizm" of "adults" and you know that in your heart, you have already proven that you have the character to succeed, and not the "character" it takes attack someone else about theirs. Good Luck Kid :D

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

LogieJoeBean001
11-10-2003, 11:48 AM
Cheermom, from the way it sounds from your post, your not showing your "respect for everyone" very much. I guess for CheerMom, when the words are flying your team's way, then its off to the crusades. But she does not hesitate to let the words fly at others. Let's see if I can remember some of those words - about being given second chances, others throwing blame around and pointing fingers, everyone makes mistakes, and shouldn't they be forgiven; he who is without guilt, cast the first stone..... and believe me, I'm not without my faults and have made my mistakes and am the first to admit it. I am forever restraining myself from the negative and try to focus on the positive, but I just can't this time. If this were one of your boys, wouldn't you be excited, happy, and supportive instead of criticizing, no matter what? I'll be the first to admit that Kellen has some issues, but he's come a long way from the way he was in the past, and I'll be the first to admit, he still has a long way to go. For any young man to be given an opportunity of a lifetime, no matter who they play high school football for, should be humbly and sincerely congratulated. Hopefully, at the college level he'll learn a few things, mature as a player and a person, and eventually be a contributing member of his college team.

By the way, he has read the many posts and it has only served to motivate him. Thanks for ALL of the motivational negativity.

Only one more thing, one of our cheerleaders just told me that the Wharton coaching staff and Wharton Cheerleader Sponsor were told by the Rice coaching staff right before the game to NOT come over to their side. So instead, the girls met the Rice Cheerleaders halfway and gave them their gifts at the halfway point. I've heard it said that Wharton has no class. Just what do you call their display of hospitality. I'm sure there'll be those who only have something negative to say about that too!

Thanks for the words, PPHSfan

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

CheerMom
11-10-2003, 12:25 PM
I don't condone bad behavior from any player, especially one of our own. So don't preach to me. And if Kellen is trying to improve himself, then my hat if off to him. As far as the cheerleader issue, it was for our own safety. We didn't want to take any unnecessary risk that would cost in some conflict. With everything that has been happening and the hostility towards our school from Wharton maybe we didn't feel safe in sending our children to your side.

LogieJoeBean001
11-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Here again, you've misunderstood. I said our cheerleaders were told not to come to YOUR side, not yours to ours. The girls were trying to extend the hand of friendship, not attack anyone! It was only a group of girls, for Pete's sake. And I guess none of the Rice fans have said or have ever had any bad thoughts or words, ANY WHATSOEVER, about or towards Wharton. Please, give me a break!!!!!

whrtntig1
11-10-2003, 12:37 PM
WHAT HOSTILITY!!!!!! The only hostility is coming from you.What were our cheerleaders going to do--chunk plastic footballs at the crowd? Of course, our drill team could kung-ho kick. Maybe that's the reason! Just drop it --the best team won! And we are DISTRICT CHAMPS fair and square.

beefy
11-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Wharton will destroy Cuero. Kellen is so large he is almost unmovable. Good luck to the Gobblas. You will need it.

msgp
11-11-2003, 12:30 AM
I think the administrations of Wharton and Rice districts were very prudent in the precautions they took last Friday night. Administrators are taught to be proactive instead of reactive in tense times. Wharton asked Rice to bring 3 policemen with us. We asked that everyone stay on their own side of the field. This was to protect the cheerleaders from BOTH schools from rude behavior that might have come from fans on either side of the field. Those are the people we have no control over. Just one person could have marred the night with a remark or gesture. No one wanted that. We wanted a night of good, clean, tough Friday night football and we got it. The crowd was exceptionally well behaved in part, I think, because word was out that there was heightened security. I'm sorry if some of you received 2nd hand information that led you to believe that Rice wanted nothing to do with students from Wharton. Nothing could be farther from the truth. We know that your cheerleaders would have done absolutely nothing improper. I know one of those girls. Now...can we please shut up about all of this and get on with life? It's playoff time!!!
Congratulations to Wharton and to Kellen Heard! Best of luck to all.

whrtntig1
11-11-2003, 09:23 AM
you are absolutely correct. Good luck to both teams. Just tell cheermom to get off Kellen's case- he's a good kid.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

CheerMom
11-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Have you not read the other posts? I was not the only one who said anything negative about Kellen. Your own people have admitted he has had a problem. But if it is true and he is trying to improve himself, that's great! I was glad to hear that he joined the Navasota team in prayer when their player was injured. It takes a special person to do that. I wish him luck at Miami. Let's focus on the road ahead. Good Luck in the Playoffs!!

bc 76
11-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Hey crow 22 is there any way that you can make the Wharton /Cuero game,im sure Mark Reeves wants your imput on how to block Kellen Heard.I don't know where you are coaching now Bandera/or Medina Valley but i would like to tell them that they hired the most overrated coach in texas.And by the way the Rice coaches would not shake the Wharton's kids hand after the game that showed me rice has no class.Im sorry i talk so long to respond but i was out of town but Crow 22 i new you would be the first to respond about Kellen.

LogieJoeBean001
11-12-2003, 09:30 AM
bc76,

Proofread, proofread, proofread,and then edit for Pete's sake!