PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Clinch the playoffs....

coach
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
if they beat the ravens and philly, chicago, and atlanta lose this week!

Red&White_9x5
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
If Chicago wins at home against Green Bay and Atlanta wins on the road at Minnesota (and I think these both could happen) then Dallas must beat Baltimore which would then set up a battle for the playoffs between them and Philly next week

coach
12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
If Chicago wins at home against Green Bay and Atlanta wins on the road at Minnesota (and I think these both could happen) then Dallas must beat Baltimore which would then set up a battle for the playoffs between them and Philly next week

im really not worried about baltimore....im just worried about philly...hopefully they will lose this weekend but the with he boys luck this week...i highly doubt that will happen

Twirling Time
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
The Baltimore game is meaningful only in that it keeps the Cowboys abreast of the Falcons and Bucs and ahead of the Bears. The real game that matters will be Philly.

Keith7
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
here is a cool playoff scenario generator for yall to play with..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=currentStandings

I think Dallas loses to Philly and Philly makes the playoffs

Bullaholic
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Hey, Bird-brain :D---That has about as much chance of happening as people in the nether regions being served icewater. Against the Cowboys, McNabb throws at least 2 picks, get sacked 4 times, over-or underthrows about 10 passes, and you and Philly are home watching the Cowboys in the playoffs.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
According to the generator Keith posted if Dallas wins Saturday and Atlanta and Tampa both lose (which I could see both happening) Dallas will clinch at least the 6 spot.

SWMustang
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Hey, Bird-brain :D---That has about as much chance of happening as people in the nether regions being served icewater. Against the Cowboys, McNabb throws at least 2 picks, get sacked 4 times, over-or underthrows about 10 passes, and you and Philly are home watching the Cowboys in the playoffs.

is the nether regions in East Texas? I don't have it on my map:D

Bullaholic
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SWMustang
is the nether regions in East Texas? I don't have it on my map:D [QUOTE]

Nah---I just know it is WAY, WAY South of Brownsville. :D

crzyjournalist03
12-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
According to the generator Keith posted if Dallas wins Saturday and Atlanta and Tampa both lose (which I could see both happening) Dallas will clinch at least the 6 spot.

But if Atlanta and Tampa both lose, but Chicago wins out, somehow Tampa gets the tiebreaker over Dallas it looks like, although I thought that Dallas was automatically ahead of Tampa due to head-to-head.

Here's my favorite scenario:

Dallas beats Baltimore

Minnesota beats Atlanta

San Diego beats Tampa

Tampa beats Oakland

Atlanta beats St. Louis

Philadelphia beats Dallas

Looks fairly realistic in my opinion, and if that scenario plays out, Dallas and Philadelphia are your two wild cards!

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
But if Atlanta and Tampa both lose, but Chicago wins out, somehow Tampa gets the tiebreaker over Dallas it looks like, although I thought that Dallas was automatically ahead of Tampa due to head-to-head.

Here's my favorite scenario:

Dallas beats Baltimore

Minnesota beats Atlanta

San Diego beats Tampa

Tampa beats Oakland

Atlanta beats St. Louis

Philadelphia beats Dallas

Looks fairly realistic in my opinion, and if that scenario plays out, Dallas and Philadelphia are your two wild cards! I forgot about Chicago

crzyjournalist03
12-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I forgot about Chicago

I'm not coming up with a legitimate scenario where Chicago gets in, but I think somehow they could help Tampa Bay's chances...I'm guessing it's a strength of schedule or something.

Here's another fun one...take the scenario I just gave you, but have the Giants lose to Carolina and Minnesota to close out the season, and you've got a Cowboys-Giants first round matchup.

martwayne
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
go cowboys go gowboys go cowboys go cowboys go cowboys ithink all of ya'll get the picture some more go cowboys go cowboys GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!

blowfish
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Dallas can clinch a playoff spot:
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and an Atlanta loss
OR
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss
OR
a win and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss and an Atlanta loss
OR
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago

Tampa is at home against San Diego
Philly is @ Washington
Atlanta is @ Vikings
Chicago is at home against Green Bay

SintonFan_inAustin
12-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Dallas can clinch a playoff spot:
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and an Atlanta loss
OR
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss
OR
a win and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss and an Atlanta loss
OR
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago

Tampa is at home against San Diego
Philly is @ Washington
Atlanta is @ Vikings
Chicago is at home against Green Bay atleast there is a chance for all those teams to lose.

Bull Butter
12-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Hopefully Philly, ATL and Dallas all lose this week with Chicago winning.

That sets up a scenario where Cowboys fans will HAVE to root for the Texans next week:)

Diocletian
12-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

using that generator, I can't seem to find a combo where if Dallas wins out, they would be out of the playoffs.... so I'm not sure what everyone's worried about

yet...

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

That sets up a scenario where Cowboys fans will HAVE to root for the Texans next week:) This Cowboys fan always roots for the Texans...except when they're playing the Cowboys.:)

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

That sets up a scenario where Cowboys fans will HAVE to root for the Texans next week:)

What's interesting is I can't come up with a reasonable scenario where Chicago makes the playoffs, but it seems they could very well impact the playoff picture!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 11:30 AM
What's interesting is I can't come up with a reasonable scenario where Chicago makes the playoffs, but it seems they could very well impact the playoff picture!

They can still win their division

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They can still win their division

That's true, but then Minnesota would be the odd team out right? I mean, Chicago can't get in as a wild card, can they?

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM
That's true, but then Minnesota would be the odd team out right? I mean, Chicago can't get in as a wild card, can they?

I dont see why they could not

Need some help yes..but they stil could

Twirling Time
12-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Is there any scenario in which Dallas could be eliminated from the playoffs by losing Saturday?

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Is there any scenario in which Dallas could be eliminated from the playoffs by losing Saturday?

No. Because they hold tiebreakers over Atlanta and Tampa Bay due to a head-to-head victory and better conference record than Atlanta, with Baltimore being a nonconference opponent, the Cowboys cannot be eliminated this Sunday.

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont see why they could not

Need some help yes..but they still could

Wow...I guess I wasn't getting creative enough...I fooled around with it some, and if Chicago wins out and three of the teams in front of them lose out, they'd get in.

I actually just came up with a scenario where Washington gets in as a 6th seed, and I thought that they were done.