PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen the AP All-State Team???

jockcity33
12-16-2008, 09:40 AM
please post a link or the information if you can.

mnlavey
12-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't believe this is released until after the season concludes.

Go Cats - Beat Carthage!

block&tackle
12-16-2008, 10:16 AM
AP 2A should be out today, 3A tomorrow

jockcity33
12-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I thought 2A was yesterday and 3A today

Texas Cougar
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
3A will come out today. Coaches all state team will be announced in early January.

eaglefan34
12-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Here it is:
http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_11244647

TRENCHES06
12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
How did Joe Sanders get honorable mention and Brandon Wilkerson gets nothing?

How do you get nominated?

coachkiss
12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
These things are such a waste of time. Congrats to the players who received it, but for Caleb Lavey to not even get a mention (unless I missed something) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can understand Troy being left off because of stats, but anyone who has seen him play will tell you that he is deserving.

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
These things are such a waste of time. Congrats to the players who received it, but for Caleb Lavey to not even get a mention (unless I missed something) is absolutely ridiculous.

I can understand Troy being left off because of stats, but anyone who has seen him play will tell you that he is deserving.

mccartney was honorable mention----the only celina player anywhere!

this proves carthage must have the better team!

on another note, celina almost never has many on the ap all-state team

:eek:

the coaches' poll is the one that you'll see a lot of bobcats on:thinking:

mistanice
12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Robert Burge, Kirbyville ???

Honorable Mention Offense, thought kville was 2a

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
also, this is based on regular season performance

coachkiss
12-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Robert Burge, Kirbyville ???

Honorable Mention Offense, thought kville was 2a

I see it, too. If that is the case, it proves this is worthless.

Teams with more players on All-State team than Celina....everybody in the state.

Teams that Celina has beaten with more All-State players than Celina...Van Alstyne (1), Kennedale (2), Liberty Hill (3), Argyle (1), Texarkana Pleasant Grove (2).

I know it is a numbers thing...but to have a kid from Alvarado and Fort Stockton as a 2nd Team Running Back ahead of Troy is ridiculous.

Some will view this is as a point of pride in Celina...puffing their chest out that we got this far with no talent...emphasizing team...saying it's meaningless. However, for the kids, you have to hate it, especially if you are Troy or Caleb Lavey. Caleb Lavey is the best player in 3A football, period.

block&tackle
12-16-2008, 12:29 PM

What a joke. When he gets interviewed 6-7 years from now by one of these "Sports Editors" after a Sunday afternoon game, he can laugh at them.

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I am LMAO at the AP.:rolleyes: Congrats to all that received these honors.:clap: :clap: :clap:

cshscougar08
12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Mike Hicks 2nd team?! What a joke!!!! The second leading receiving in Texas HS history.

buffalo2006
12-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Are these stats real...STEPHEN WHITE, La Feria, Sr., 146 tackles, 111 solo, 16 sacks; 14 hurries; 3 INTs; 5 fumbles caused; 3 fumbles recovered ???

STAggie
12-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Nunn of Bellville and Pratt of Navasota don't even get a mention. What a joke.

kaorder1999
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM
There is not a coaches all-state team. There is the AP All State Team and the Texas Sportswriters Association All State Team

coachkiss
12-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
There is not a coaches all-state team. There is the AP All State Team and the Texas Sportswriters Association All State Team

I know what you are saying, but why even have this if they aren't going to be even close. I know that they have to humor some of those South Texas schools, but some of this is ridiculous.

These guys write about a sport they don't know much about. However, they are probably a lot of regional guys (DFW, Austin, Abilene, Lubbock, Houston, Tyler, Wichita Falls, Brownwood, El Paso), so they probably vote for their region because they know everyone else won't.

BOCEPHUS
12-16-2008, 02:21 PM
THEY AIN'T GOTZ ENOUGH PLAYERS FROM CARTHAGE ON THAR, BY GAWD.:mad: :vrycnfsd:

eaglefan34
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Congratulations to Argyle's Brady Brown - 1st team all-state receiver and headed to Vanderbilt next fall.

It really was surprising to see only one Prosper Eagle on the all-state team as well given their remarkable state championship season.

ratherbfishin
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM
It is a sham...it's politics...coaches have to lobby and sell their kids. It's almost as ridiculous as all-dist teams with the exception that coaches have to careful and not upset mom and dad because they watch every game...

I know one coach in ... texas that post all his starters in his hometown newspaper as either 1st or 2nd team all-dist every year... I personally think it's a great idea...

kaorder1999
12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
unless your kid on your team is just a freaking stud or you play for a team that kids tons of attention you have to (as a coach) work your tail off to get the kid noticed. You have to get his stats and information out there in order for the kid to stand a chance. There are too many head coaches out there that think they can just sit back and not do anything and think the AP will vote their kid onto the team. When I was in Sulphur Springs, the sports editor for the local paper did a great job promoting out kids. He made it easy for us coaches.

SO LONG STORY SHORT...

Coaches have to work....they have to get their kids info out there to give them a chance to make it on the AP team!

kaorder1999
12-16-2008, 02:54 PM
and please keep in mind that the AP All-State team takes into consideration regular season stats ONLY!

The TSWA All-State team considers post season stats as well!

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 02:57 PM
:thinking: :thinking: interesting KAO, very interesting.

ratherbfishin
12-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: :thinking: interesting KAO, very interesting.

It's always been that way... That's why the kid from Anywhere Tx, playing Nobodies Tx with his 500 tackles gets in while the Hulk in Carthage, LH, WOS, Celina doesn't... Those stats are a little tougher to come by when you're playin the best teams throughout the year... But, still, congrats to those who make it because it's still an honor...hope I didn't offend anyone...

BEAST
12-16-2008, 03:36 PM
For whatever reason when I open that link nothing comes up. Can anyone tell me if Brownwood had anyone on the list. I know our record was horrid but we had some special offensive talent.

Thanks.

BEAST

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
For whatever reason when I open that link nothing comes up. Can anyone tell me if Brownwood had anyone on the list. I know our record was horrid but we had some special offensive talent.

Thanks.

BEAST Took a long time for mine to open too, but it eventually did. Try it again and wait. ;)

BEAST
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks, I finally got it to come up. Thanks.

BEAST

WylieBulldog92
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm upset J-train didn't make 1st or 2nd team :(

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ratherbfishin
It's always been that way... That's why the kid from Anywhere Tx, playing Nobodies Tx with his 500 tackles gets in while the Hulk in Carthage, LH, WOS, Celina doesn't... Those stats are a little tougher to come by when you're playin the best teams throughout the year... But, still, congrats to those who make it because it's still an honor...hope I didn't offend anyone... I just say do away with all the "little johnny awards" - I'm sick of reading every year how someone was left off the list. Please just be happy knowing your kid was deserving! ugh.

jockcity33
12-16-2008, 04:29 PM
I see it, too. If that is the case, it proves this is worthless.

Teams with more players on All-State team than Celina....everybody in the state.

Teams that Celina has beaten with more All-State players than Celina...Van Alstyne (1), Kennedale (2), Liberty Hill (3), Argyle (1), Texarkana Pleasant Grove (2).

I know it is a numbers thing...but to have a kid from Alvarado and Fort Stockton as a 2nd Team Running Back ahead of Troy is ridiculous.

Some will view this is as a point of pride in Celina...puffing their chest out that we got this far with no talent...emphasizing team...saying it's meaningless. However, for the kids, you have to hate it, especially if you are Troy or Caleb Lavey. Caleb Lavey is the best player in 3A football, period.

I have not seen the kids from Celina play and I would be willing to bet that you have not seen the kid from Fort Stockton play, with that being said how can you say the Celina kid is better than the Fort Stockton? And why is it rediculous for the Fort Stockton kid and the Alvarado kid to be 2nd team?

95mustang
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

Thanks.

BEAST

Yes Pachall was first team quarterback, Miller first team punter, Taylor second team receiver, Lowe honorable mention lineman.

Looking4number8
12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
Yes Pachall was first team quarterback, Miller first team punter, Taylor second team receiver, Lowe honorable mention lineman.

Yep, we made a pretty good showing for a 3-7 team. Proud of the boys that made it. Shows they had a lot of talent to get the attention of the AP

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM

At the TIME, you had no beaten Liberty Hill or TPG.

I'm sure my son will be happy to know that making 1st team is a joke. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

icu812
12-16-2008, 06:39 PM
FIRST TEAM LINEBACKERS:
CLAYTON KENDRICK, Van, Sr., 185 tackles, 15 TFL, 5 sacks, 3 fumbles caused

SECOND-TEAM DEFENSE: LINEMEN:
Jacoby Alexander, Van

HONORABLE MENTION KICKER:
Blake Pennington, Van

Three Vandals :clap:

Congrats to the other players as well. There are always great players left off the list and there is no way to please everyone. Its ok to point out if you felt a player needed to be included BUT there is absolutely no reason to dimminish those who were on the list by saying it's a joke or a sham.

Gobbla2001
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
My player didn't make the list, now the whole town is pissed
we're gettin' ready to leave town, so we can burn the AP down
this deal he has gotten is raw, though he's on one of only 11 teams we saw
yes it's as screwed up as it seems, SCREW THE AP AND THEIR ALL-STATE- TEAMS

:mad: :mad: :mad:

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I'm sure my son will be happy to know that making 1st team is a joke. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't think he meant that at all. Your son is very deserving and he will tell you that. He just thinks looking over some very talented kids at Celina was wrong. That's the homeristic part in him. (Is that a word?) :D

Orange Defense
12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I'm sure my son will be happy to know that making 1st team is a joke. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
CONGRATULATIONS Brandon #74!!!! That young man is the real deal!!! Hope to see him playing ball on Saturdays on the tube!!!

Gobbla2001
12-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Hope to see him playing ball on Saturdays on the tube!!!

well that's too bad...

I hear they play football on Wednesdays in the NFL Universe League, and he's going straight there...

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Just one more thing to complain about. Congratulations to all that kids that made it. They are all deserving. I'm sure there were many other kids that were deserving too, but that's life.

Rabid Cougar
12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Way to go China Spring Cougars: No jokes here.

1st Team
DE - Ryan Boutwell
Kicker-James French
2nd Team
WR-Mike Hicks
HM
QB- Brian Bell

icu812
12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Here is just one of Clayton Kendrick's 185 tackles:

Van LB Owns Canton RB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hmt_FUGMrM

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I don't think he meant that at all. Your son is very deserving and he will tell you that. He just thinks looking over some very talented kids at Celina was wrong. That's the homeristic part in him. (Is that a word?) :D
I didn't think so.....the second part was separated just as an "in general" comment. ;)

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe everyone left off should get a "Good Sportsmanship" ribbon? :p

I. B. Watching
12-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Everyone should get a participation ribbon lol. I suppose to vote in the AP you have to be a member of The Associated Press as a newspaper or radio. Most of those are going to be daily papers, and maybe they don't pay as close attention to 3A except for the schools in their proximity, or they just vote for those they are familiar with. But with that said, it would be a tough task to sort out who are really the best players out of all these 3A schools that are spread out over such a large state

Necks_Fan
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
District 26 only had 2 players and both were from Sweeny.

Congrats to Aaron Rollins (1st Team All state Defense) and Jamell Woodard (2nd Team Offense RB).

:clap:

c-town_balla
12-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Big props to my man Tanner Andrews.

Also don't degrade the kids on the list due to your guys not making it. Just be mad about your kid not making it don't say the whole team is crap. Only hate on Robert Burge out of Kirbyville since he is 2A and is clearly undeserving of the 3A all-state

Russki
12-16-2008, 09:46 PM
It is wonderful to see 3 Monahans Loboes on the list. The Loboes had a great year and should have been playing Liberty Hill in the 4th round. Junior Defensive End Trevor Owens made the 1st team. Senior Defensive End Ryan Layman made honorable mention. Junior Offensive Lineman Kevin Coldeway made honorable mention. Go Mean Green!

BullsFan
12-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Russki
should have been playing Liberty Hill in the 4th round.

:rolleyes:

Congrats to the Bulls on the list!

2nd Team Offense
Offensive Line = Corey Henson
Running Back = Corbin Green

Honorable Mention Offense
Offensive Line = Stewart Price
Offensive Line = Erick Serafin

Honorable Mention Defense
Linebacker = Zach Bracken
Defensive Back = Trevor Schuett

alaskacat
12-17-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Big props to my man Tanner Andrews.

Also don't degrade the kids on the list due to your guys not making it. Just be mad about your kid not making it don't say the whole team is crap. Only hate on Robert Burge out of Kirbyville since he is 2A and is clearly undeserving of the 3A all-state

I got it figured out...maybe AP has all our guys still in 2A:)

and just forgot

KL3
12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
So your telling me Garrette Nunn, RB from Bellville who is committed to UTEP is not one of the best 19 RB's in 3A?

Even funnier is the 3A state defensive player of the year, DB Daniels didn't even get defensive MVP of his own district. And that is voted on by the coaches who see him up close. Hilarious.

pancho villa
12-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Do you get a tackle if you are close to the pile?

Dogman_1969
12-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Nunn of Bellville and Pratt of Navasota don't even get a mention. What a joke.

I don't know anything about Nunn but Pratt is probably the most unselfish player from what I saw from him this past season. He could have rushed for 2K on a team running from the "I" but his coaching staff elected to go spread and use him on zone reads, screens and as a pass protector.

If they gave out honors for team players he should be the MVP but these honors were based on stats, peoples opinions and media coverage (which turns out to be stats as well).

I agree that Smith from Carthage is the best running back in 3A (based on what I saw). I also think that Whaley is a great running back not just due to his stats, but against several teams he wasn't 100% and still suited up, sucked it up and performed as best as he could each night. Today, in sports, that says alot about a persons heart and desire to play. For this effort, Mr Whaley earned my respect and I wish him the best. He is truely a warrior........

Congratulations to all the players listed and to those who people are upset that didn't make the teams as well. Because if your remembered and folks are upset you didn't make it, you made an impression on them and you should be honored as well......

rholl
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
jockcity is right coachkiss...don't go calling out the kids from Fort Stockton and Alvarado just cause you don't like the way it fell.
The kid from Alvarado was the main cog on that team and every team they played against knew it and he still put up good numbers. Ask the kids from Celina whats better a state title or some mythical team people vote on...I'm sure you already know the answer!~

rolltider
12-17-2008, 12:52 PM
I do know one thing, Prosper (Dvi. I State Champs) only had one honorable mention (Hunter Nix QB); that's ok; a TEAM Championship is what it's all about.

Way to go Prosper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverALobo
12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I was excited to see some Monahans player on there. DE Trevor Owens, Lineman Kevin Coldewey, and DE Ryan Layman. Congrats to these kids and good luck to Owens and Coldewey next year there are only juniors.

buff4life
12-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by KL3
So your telling me Garrette Nunn, RB from Bellville who is committed to UTEP is not one of the best 19 RB's in 3A?

Even funnier is the 3A state defensive player of the year, DB Daniels didn't even get defensive MVP of his own district. And that is voted on by the coaches who see him up close. Hilarious.

hilarious is you degrading a person who got it just because your little person didn't...

also, that was all-DISTRICT therefore only games in district, this team accounts for the whole YEAR!!

Pawdaddy
12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, from the looks of the All-State list, I have a new prediction for the Championship game, given the representation of both Carthage and Celina.

Carthage keys on and stops the one rep for Celina, game over.

Carthage 126 Celina 8

Celina scores twice in the fouth quarter. Once when the snap for a punt goes over the head cheerleader's head who was subbing for the water boy on the punting team. The second score comes on a sweep right when the drumline, marching in step, cannot close off the sideline before the lone rep for Celina shows his mettle and goes 80 yards for the score.

Gig'em Carthage!!!!

KL3
12-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
hilarious is you degrading a person who got it just because your little person didn't...

also, that was all-DISTRICT therefore only games in district, this team accounts for the whole YEAR!!

Well, by your logic Tallerine should have atleast made honorable mention all state since he was better than the state defensive player of the year for atleast half the year.

dachosenone
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by buff4life

I think the vote only includes the regular season stats, so check your facts.

Also G. Nunn is a very good RB, and had some impressive numbers considering everyone knew he was getting the ball.