PDA

View Full Version : East Texas knows football

dirtydan
12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Old Drag; did you know that east texas football is the roughest and toughest in the state? the south is soft, the west is hardnosed but are no match for east texas. the best games in the state; are when east texas has to play each other in order to advance to play the others.
East texas also have plenty of eagles and bulldawgs, but the cats out number all, i think. we have leopards, lions, tigers, bobcats, panthers etc. then there are the oddballs like the yellow jackets, lobos, pirates and buckeyes. i cant think of but two buckeyes in the whole country; know of anymore pirates or lobos?

navscanmaster
12-15-2008, 10:24 PM
The east half of Navasota ISD is pine forest......does that make us East Texas???:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

alaskacat
12-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Celina is next door to Prosper does that make it East Texas:)

alaskacat
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
[i] know of anymore pirates or lobos? [/B]

Crawford Pirates

sinfan75
12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Sinton Pirates who beat Bridge City 38-0 in 2001. One of the toughest games Sinton played all year.:D

Crow22
12-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
Old Drag; did you know that east texas football is the roughest and toughest in the state? the south is soft, the west is hardnosed but are no match for east texas. the best games in the state; are when east texas has to play each other in order to advance to play the others.
East texas also have plenty of eagles and bulldawgs, but the cats out number all, i think. we have leopards, lions, tigers, bobcats, panthers etc. then there are the oddballs like the yellow jackets, lobos, pirates and buckeyes. i cant think of but two buckeyes in the whole country; know of anymore pirates or lobos?

Monahans Lobos
Sinton Pirates
Lytle Pirates
Poth Pirates
just a few...

And don't get me wrong..I'm FROM East Texas...as far East as it gets....but....There is great football being played all over the state.....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Hidalgo Pirates - 32-3A
Sinton Pirates - 31-3A
Mathis Pirates - 31-3A

Um...who else??

Rockport-Fulton Pirates - 30-4A
Poth Pirates - I think they're 28-2A

And for Lobos...

Brownsville Lopez Lobos - 32-5A

87 TIGER
12-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Rockdale , Caldwell and Navasota all played teams ouy of "east Texas" in the same region so are they also "east Texas" schools?

Paint Creek Pirates
Lefors Pirates
LaVega Pirates
Petrolia Pirates
Cooper Pirates
Levelland Lobos

ctown
12-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The east half of Navasota ISD is pine forest......does that make us East Texas???:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Only if you win state, ask Prosper. They been adopted...

Black_Magic
12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale , Caldwell and Navasota all played teams ouy of "east Texas" in the same region so are they also "east Texas" schools?

Paint Creek Pirates
Lefors Pirates
LaVega Pirates
Petrolia Pirates
Cooper Pirates
Levelland Lobos
Cisco Loboes

Ranger Mom
12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
As far as 3A goes...there is a mascot site.....right here on our homepage!!

3A Mascots (http://www.3adownlow.com/mascots.php)

waterboy
12-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm glad you told 'em this! So far, it's been all the foreigners (that's non-East Texans to outsiders:D ) saying this is what we say and think!:cool: So far I think you're the ONLY one from East Texas that has actually SAID it!:D :thumbsup: :stirpot: :1popcorn:

wimbo_pro
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM
The Texas Hill Country knows football as well...with 4 of the last 7 championships going to Bandera, Wimberley and LH (x2). So, we are dominating the new century...and for that matter, the new millenium!!! OK, maybe I'm reaching a bit here.....

coach
12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
my favorite and i dont think there is a mascot like this one in the whole country...the Itasca Wompuscats

Twirling Time
12-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by coach
my favorite and i dont think there is a mascot like this one in the whole country...the Itasca Wompuscats

Conway, Ark. and Atoka, Okla. are also the Wampus Cats.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 03:29 PM

For all you East Texas haters, just wanted to give you something else to hate on -- East Texas just brought home another award to brag about -- Matthew Tucker running back from Tyler Chapel Hill just named the Associated Press Sports Editors 3A Offensive Player of the Year.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
And the BEST middle linebacker in the state didn't even make honorable mention....the poll is a sham...Congrats to your boy though, he's obviously very good...

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
And the BEST middle linebacker in the state didn't even make honorable mention....the poll is a sham...Congrats to your boy though, he's obviously very good...

Best 3A MLB I saw this year was Drew Miller at Prosper..Dude was all over the place in the two games I broadcast

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
You know, when the Buckeyes played him he didn't impress me that much. We contained him pretty well. He had one long run for about 58 yards. Ended the game with somewhere between 125 - 150 yards. Now Dwight Smith from Carthage -- that kid is a superstar. I have never personally witnessed a high school running back as good as him. Celina better bow up because he will run right over you.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Best 3A MLB I saw this year was Drew Miller at Prosper..Dude was all over the place in the two games I broadcast

Very good player. Played really well against us. I'll take Lavey.

No Miller to be seen on that list either, by the by....

waterboy
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
You know, when the Buckeyes played him he didn't impress me that much. We contained him pretty well. He had one long run for about 58 yards. Ended the game with somewhere between 125 - 150 yards. Now Dwight Smith from Carthage -- that kid is a superstar. I have never personally witnessed a high school running back as good as him. Celina better bow up because he will run right over you.
I don't know, man, I'd bet money that if Tucker would've had a line like Carthage has he would have had the same kind of numbers. They are both VERY good players and will likely excel at the next level.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Very good player. Played really well against us. I'll take Lavey.

Will see Lavey of course Fri...I just saw Miller basically own the LaVega ground game, he was a beast

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Good point. The O line makes Smith look that much better.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
No question, and know where on the AP all-state list!

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Was any of Celinas O line -- or for that matter anyone else at any position recognized on First Team (or Second Team for that matter)?

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 04:15 PM
One honorable mention RB is all....just another of many, many reasons why Carthage should kill us!;)

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Friday is just around the corner. Be patient

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Our boys will be there...fo' sho'...