PDA

View Full Version : End of the LH Streak

runtowin
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow. What an accomplishment. I have not been able to post since the Bridgeport week. I had no prediction last week...CELINA was too good and I wouldn't talk bad about LH. It is unfortunate that the streak ended for LH, but there is no shame in losing to such a class program. I hope LH will someday be what CELINA is as a program and as community. I couldn't believe my eyes on Saturday, that was not the LH team that I have seen before. Credit to CELINA for taking care of business and maybe this is a wake-up for LH players, coaches and fans. You have to play your best every week or you will lose. The streak was going to end, even great teams are vulnerable when not ready to take the field. I hope the coaches get back to work and prepare the younger kids for a new run. There aren't many LH players returning so it will be interesting to see what happens. GOOD LUCK TO CELINA...WIN STATE!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
Wow. What an accomplishment. I have not been able to post since the Bridgeport week. I had no prediction last week...CELINA was too good and I wouldn't talk bad about LH. It is unfortunate that the streak ended for LH, but there is no shame in losing to such a class program. I hope LH will someday be what CELINA is as a program and as community. I couldn't believe my eyes on Saturday, that was not the LH team that I have seen before. Credit to CELINA for taking care of business and maybe this is a wake-up for LH players, coaches and fans. You have to play your best every week or you will lose. The streak was going to end, even great teams are vulnerable when not ready to take the field. I hope the coaches get back to work and prepare the younger kids for a new run. There aren't many LH players returning so it will be interesting to see what happens. GOOD LUCK TO CELINA...WIN STATE!

That seemed rather condescending. Liberty Hill has developed a great program in more than just one sport, and I have personally met many people from Liberty Hill both from this message board and from when I played against them in basketball and competed in their track meets and will say that they have athletes who play with great sportsmanship and fans who conduct themselves in a classy manner. Those kids should keep their heads up because I'm sure they played with heart and determination, anything less would be surprising from a team that has won back-to-back state titles and had such a long winning streak; in the end, who they lose to doesn't matter, it's how they played the game, because saying what you did means that if they lost to a program that wasn't classy they they should be ashamed, and that's false. The program doesn't need any wake-up calls, they're one of the most, if not the most prestigious program in 3A over the past few seasons, and they're doing things the right way there apparently, because they don't just win, they win with class and play the game the right way. I think you need to re-think what you're saying before you say it, but that's just me.

runtowin
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Not at all. I respect LH completely. I was just shocked at they way they played Saturday. Celina was great and deserves to play on.

JasperDog94
12-15-2008, 04:50 PM
I hope LH will someday be what CELINA is as a program and as community. I think this is what BBDE was referring to. It just sounds like LH is a scrub team that was lucky to be on the same field with Celina. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it came across that way to me.

CHS_CG
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I think this is what BBDE was referring to. It just sounds like LH is a scrub team that was lucky to be on the same field with Celina. Maybe that's not what you meant, but it came across that way to me.

Same to me, It really sounds like you are putting LH at a way lower level than Celina is.

navscanmaster
12-15-2008, 05:26 PM
No different than what any other poster does as far as voicing their opinions. I would hope that he/she knows enough about the LH program and community before they can make that comparison, though. I have met nothing but awesome people from LH so far, so I think they have both the program and the community at a pretty high level.

BobcatBenny
12-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Same to me, It really sounds like you are putting LH at a way lower level than Celina is.
Celina
Sub-level 28 ... please!
Liberty Hill
:D
jk

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Benny Benny Benny.......................

mnlavey
12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Benny,

I am not sure that was necessary. LH has had a great run and for all we know is still in the midst of a great run.

Let's hope we cross paths again soon - I'd love to see if we can crash the 3ADL server!

Go Cats - Beat Carthage!

Gobbla2001
12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
interesting...

I think the 'community' comment was maybe not needed... that community and those fans are there with anybody in 3A...

but football program-wise, with great respect for both of these programs, I gotta say LH would be the lesser of the two... Hell I was watching Celina on MTV in '97 while they were winning championships...

but I have a feeling LH isn't done yet... great program...

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
interesting...

I think the 'community' comment was maybe not needed... that community and those fans are there with anybody in 3A...

but football program-wise, with great respect for both of these programs, I gotta say LH would be the lesser of the two... Hell I was watching Celina on MTV in '97 while they were winning championships...

but I have a feeling LH isn't done yet... great program...
I was trying to find a way to say that, but it never sounded right, so I left it alone. That is my take on his post. :)

And, runtowin: I know of at least one freshman who gained valuable experience throughout the playoffs, and the attitude present is what helps us reload. :)

Gobbla2001
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I was trying to find a way to say that, but it never sounded right, so I left it alone. That is my take on his post. :)

And, runtowin: I know of at least one freshman who gained valuable experience throughout the playoffs, and the attitude present is what helps us reload. :)

you guys have an awesome fanbase and community... I enjoy going to your games... y'all travel well and host well and have totally bought into what Vance wanted to establish... I think the past few years of success should be credited to the whole community, as the next few years hopefully should be...

OrangeChamps
12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I think the intentions were good, wording could have been better. Both teams have great programs and both will be back next year.

BobcatBenny
12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Benny Benny Benny.......................

Originally posted by mnlavey
Benny,

I am not sure that was necessary. ...
Relax guys. Ol' Benny is just doing a little fishing. Fishing is a relaxing sport too! ;)

wimbo_pro
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
I am not sure what he/she was trying to say with the "community" comment...not knowing him/her, I will assume it was not meant as a slam towards LH as a town and as a place to live and raise your kids...commonly called a "community".

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Relax guys. Ol' Benny is just doing a little fishing. Fishing is a relaxing sport too! ;)
Sometimes it's funny and then there's times it's just crappy. (And NO, I'm not talking about fish.)

sinton66
12-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm fairly certain he was referring to Celina's "status" and their 8 championships so far. I'm sure he didn't mean anything at all against the LH Community/people. At least, that's not how I read it.

garciap77
12-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Celina
Sub-level 28 ... please!
Liberty Hill
:D
jk
Now Benny! What did I tell you? You silly Cat!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/byebyepussy-1.jpg

;)

garciap77
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM

You know what happened last time you tried that!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shark-fin.jpg

;)

alaskacat
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Wow. What an accomplishment. I hope LH will someday be what CELINA is as a program and as community.

I don't think it is derogatory to anyone, LH the community etc.

It is few places in this country that could even dream of accomplishing what Celina has on the football field. But it is a total community involvement that has been going on for many years that has made it possible.

It is something to strive for, not be in awe of. LH is three years into something that has been going on in Celina for a couple decades

I think that is what he meant. Set your goals high and then go do it.

Good luck down the road LH

martwayne
12-15-2008, 10:50 PM
since i was part of the streak being from navasota and lost to liberty hill last year in the playoffs i can say they had one hell of a run and would like to give my congrats to them for the past three seasons. i've seen alot of celina people on this post saying that they are so much better than lh, and yes ya'll beat them this year and can talk much noise, dont get to loud just yet. i went to the carthage/giddings game and the carthage bulldogs will be there to play ball this weekend. their team is the real deal, and i think they are going to beat ya'll, beat ya'll bad. that running back is a horse, no matter how many people you stack in the box. i predict a butt whipp'n.

Carthage 48
Celina 13

BobcatBenny
12-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Sometimes it's funny and then there's times it's just crappy. (And NO, I'm not talking about fish.)
Oh mom! :doh:

Surely you didn't think that bait was for anybody but one super sensitive poster? :p

But you are right ... its stink bait for a bottom feeder. :eek:

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Oh mom! :doh:

Surely you didn't think that bait was for anybody but one super sensitive poster? :p

But you are right ... its stink bait for a bottom feeder. :eek:
I have a poll that might apply to the bait. ;)

jambo67
12-15-2008, 11:55 PM
I think by community he meant "fan support". At least I took it that way. LH lost a game, big whoop. I hope those kids at LH are grateful for the run they had and the tradition they started. LH will be a factor in the 3A playoffs for years to come. And when they are 4A the tradition will continue.

runtowin
12-16-2008, 12:35 AM
What I meant by community was that Celina fans, not cheerleaders lined up for them to enther the ramp to the field. They have a quarterback club that finances an indoor facility and prays for them at morning meetings. There are no excuses for their kids. The coaches, parents and community members demand that the kids attend every possible lifting, running or practice session. Football is a way of life in CELINA not a fall past time. LH can get there, let's hope they do!

jambo67
12-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Celina had a long winning streak and it ended. I hope Celina starts another streak. It may get stopped by LH.

orange machine
12-16-2008, 03:01 AM
I cant think of a better team to take to end than LH.

hookandladder
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by jambo67
I think by community he meant "fan support". At least I took it that way. LH lost a game, big whoop. I hope those kids at LH are grateful for the run they had and the tradition they started. LH will be a factor in the 3A playoffs for years to come. And when they are 4A the tradition will continue.

Just because you have had success in the last couple or few years does not mean you will continue to be successful year in and year out. We had our run in La Grange for 3 pretty successful years and then fell on some hard times,coaching change, talent and maybe more interest by the athelete's in other sport's. Sealy went thru the same thing, they were dominate for 4 years in football and also fell on hard times. Celina has proven that they can continue success thru hard times, that is what seperate's them from the rest of the field. With LH they had 3 good years now we will all have to wait and see if they can pickup where they left off or will they become another team that has had some success in football. No one knows right now, time will tell.

bigdaddy
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM
I can't believe all the chatter, smack talk and ignorance that is going on . Everyone is an Expert or so they think especially those who don't live in and/or have played in or have sons playing in either of these towns and truly understand what goes on with the commmitment and effort. All that MUST be respected not just for either LH or Celina but many other programs too. These are HS kids that are half man and half boy and flat play their hearts out and must be repected for their efforts win or lose.

LH has a great program and has accomplished a lot with 2 State Championships that no one can take away. They earned them straight up.

Celina also has 8 State Championships under it's belt that have been earned straight up and hopefully 9 after Friday and records are earned that no one can take away.

Everyone talking smack or over analyzing stuff needs to have a little more class because these are other folks kids your knocking when you really don't have a clue.

All you wanabees Have some Class and Respect for the kids and their families and just enjoy the games.

Go Bobcats... Going for 9

OldBison75
12-16-2008, 09:23 AM
The Celina porgram and community has proven that they are winners. They have faced adversity and stepped up. This year alone they had a rough start and lost a few games, to pretty good teams by the way. They then buckled down, tightened the chin straps , and found the right combination of teamwork and determination to go on a great win streak to this point. They came into a big game with Liberty Hill and executed with percision and commitment and won the game big, not just winning, but dominating. That is why they are at the top of the football chain. The tradition has given them the confidence to step on the field every week and know that if they play their best game, the wins will continue. Like everybody else, they will have some bad weeks and still win, but they will win way more than they lose. They know what their fans expect and know that those fans will be in the stands no matter what.

In Liberty Hill, they have that unbelievable dedication to a system that has proven to be pretty darn good for the last three or four years. They have a strong program that teaches the system from elementary school on up. They have started to build the same type dedication and determination that the Celina program has had for about 2 decades. They, like everybody else in high school football, will have some rough weeks and years, because that is the nature of the beast. Kids will have ups and downs in everything they do. LH has shown that they can face a down performance and come out a winner most of the time. Just like Celina. The LH fan base has been fantastic and has had a consistent following for a long time, more than just the last three years. They step up for all sports and support their team win or lose.

I will agree that LH is not quite on the level of Celina over the long haul, but they are quickly building that reputation. They will not go quietly into the sunset like some believe. I predict that the Panthers will come back strong next year with the start of a new winning streak. They might have a rough first few weeks, but they will be stronger than most expect. It is the tradition, determination, and commitment of a student body and fan base to a coaching staff and system that will continue to elevate the program.

Godd luck to Celina this week and to the people and kids at Liberty Hill, you are still champions and no one can take that feeling away. You had a setback, but you will be stronger becauseof the lessons learned. Hold your heads high, walk proud, and prepare for the Purple Thunder to strike again.

hookandladder
12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
The Celina porgram and community has proven that they are winners. They have faced adversity and stepped up. This year alone they had a rough start and lost a few games, to pretty good teams by the way. They then buckled down, tightened the chin straps , and found the right combination of teamwork and determination to go on a great win streak to this point. They came into a big game with Liberty Hill and executed with percision and commitment and won the game big, not just winning, but dominating. That is why they are at the top of the football chain. The tradition has given them the confidence to step on the field every week and know that if they play their best game, the wins will continue. Like everybody else, they will have some bad weeks and still win, but they will win way more than they lose. They know what their fans expect and know that those fans will be in the stands no matter what.

In Liberty Hill, they have that unbelievable dedication to a system that has proven to be pretty darn good for the last three or four years. They have a strong program that teaches the system from elementary school on up. They have started to build the same type dedication and determination that the Celina program has had for about 2 decades. They, like everybody else in high school football, will have some rough weeks and years, because that is the nature of the beast. Kids will have ups and downs in everything they do. LH has shown that they can face a down performance and come out a winner most of the time. Just like Celina. The LH fan base has been fantastic and has had a consistent following for a long time, more than just the last three years. They step up for all sports and support their team win or lose.

I will agree that LH is not quite on the level of Celina over the long haul, but they are quickly building that reputation. They will not go quietly into the sunset like some believe. I predict that the Panthers will come back strong next year with the start of a new winning streak. They might have a rough first few weeks, but they will be stronger than most expect. It is the tradition, determination, and commitment of a student body and fan base to a coaching staff and system that will continue to elevate the program.

Godd luck to Celina this week and to the people and kids at Liberty Hill, you are still champions and no one can take that feeling away. You had a setback, but you will be stronger becauseof the lessons learned. Hold your heads high, walk proud, and prepare for the Purple Thunder to strike again.

Nice post agree with most however as stated on the old coach.com I think LH will have to develope some type of passing game. Eventually you will run into a team that can stop the quote(System) and you will need to have some type of passing game. More teams will watch the film of the Celina-LH game and try to do the same, yes you will need the talent to accomplish what Celina did. On the other hand LH will also need the talent to keep doing what their doing.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by martwayne
since i was part of the streak being from navasota and lost to liberty hill last year in the playoffs i can say they had one hell of a run and would like to give my congrats to them for the past three seasons. i've seen alot of celina people on this post saying that they are so much better than lh, and yes ya'll beat them this year and can talk much noise, dont get to loud just yet. i went to the carthage/giddings game and the carthage bulldogs will be there to play ball this weekend. their team is the real deal, and i think they are going to beat ya'll, beat ya'll bad. that running back is a horse, no matter how many people you stack in the box. i predict a butt whipp'n.

Carthage 48
Celina 13

Go to the other thread with this junk. LH is to be commended, here for a great run. One I believe isn't over.

3afan
12-16-2008, 10:01 AM
I think you complainers read WAY to much into the original post .... sounded just fine to me, not that anyone asked :p

clemsmarina
12-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Just because you have had success in the last couple or few years does not mean you will continue to be successful year in and year out. We had our run in La Grange for 3 pretty successful years and then fell on some hard times,coaching change, talent and maybe more interest by the athelete's in other sport's. Sealy went thru the same thing, they were dominate for 4 years in football and also fell on hard times. Celina has proven that they can continue success thru hard times, that is what seperate's them from the rest of the field. With LH they had 3 good years now we will all have to wait and see if they can pickup where they left off or will they become another team that has had some success in football. No one knows right now, time will tell.

3 good years?!?! Your math sucks!!!

Deep playoff runs from 2002 - 2008 looks more like 6 awesome years. Included in that are 2 State Championships, and 2 semi final losses.

IF you aren't from Liberty Hill, and haven't seen the commitment that goes all the way to the jr high teams, please refrain from throwing useless fodder out there...

wimbo_pro
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Nice post agree with most however as stated on the old coach.com I think LH will have to develope some type of passing game. Eventually you will run into a team that can stop the quote(System) and you will need to have some type of passing game. More teams will watch the film of the Celina-LH game and try to do the same, yes you will need the talent to accomplish what Celina did. On the other hand LH will also need the talent to keep doing what their doing.

Not so fast...they HAD films of teams who could stop them...Wimberley...and they still couldnt do it. Nor could/can we until we get the talent to execute. I highly doubt they will change their M.O. just because they lost 1 game in 38 tries. Would you????

Bigworm
12-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina

Deep playoff runs from 2002 - 2008 looks more like 6 awesome years. Included in that are 2 State Championships, and 2 semi final losses.

IF you aren't from Liberty Hill, and haven't seen the commitment that goes all the way to the jr high teams, please refrain from throwing useless fodder out there...

Agreed, take a look at our offseason and you will see where the real work takes place

block&tackle
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Not so fast...they HAD films of teams who could stop them...Wimberley...and they still couldnt do it. Nor could/can we until we get the talent to execute. I highly doubt they will change their M.O. just because they lost 1 game in 38 tries. Would you????
Absolutely not! How many times have we heard "we watched them on film, we can stop them"? Much easier said than done! Plus, nobody else has Caleb Lavey at MLB like Celina. LH's system is awesome because it allows a team that doesn't have dominate athletes at every position to excell. Shoot, during that streak they beat teams that were better than them at almost EVERY position. The rest of the state could only hope that LH will go to the spread and minimize their talent like every one else.

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Absolutely not! How many times have we heard "we watched them on film, we can stop them"? Much easier said than done! Plus, nobody else has Caleb Lavey at MLB like Celina. LH's system is awesome because it allows a team that doesn't have dominate athletes at every position to excell. Shoot, during that streak they beat teams that were better than them at almost EVERY position. The rest of the state could only hope that LH will go to the spread and minimize their talent like every one else. I absolutely agree only adding that the last 6 years success indicates tremendous buy in by the town, kids, and parents! Their program will last as long they want it to.

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 11:10 AM

even celina has bad years---this could have been one, and very nearly was

if the bobcats had lost in the second round and finished 8-4, how would that have affected the kids mentally the next year? it's hard to say, but what isn't hard to say is that the adversity the bobcats went through, and the fact that they endured and rose up to the challenge, means a lot for the psyche of the program.

This happened two times previously in celina during our most recent run

in 1997, after a second round upset in 1996 and gutting of the team to graduation, they started 0-2 but rallied with 11 straight wins and a close loss in a rematch to the team we had been upset by the year before (Italy). The next year, we beat them in the quarterfinals in route to our first of four titles, beginning 'the streak'

in 2003, Celina lost a lot of players and was blown out in its two losses by Gainesville (state champion) and Gilmer (quarterfinalist and future champion), but fate intervened and returned us to 2A in 2004, where we licked our wounds and rallied once again, to the point where we scored 800 points in returning, after a four year absence, to the title game

this year's team may have gone through the most, although we couldn't really know how far we had come until we faced a top team

LH will have a similar challenge next year, apparently, but i for one think they will be just fine

i don't think they are going anywhere

**Note** i say 'bad years' as a relative term-i realize 8-4 isn't a bad year, but it is the kind of season that could've signaled the end of our run

BobcatBenny
12-16-2008, 11:43 AM
OK, if I were to peg a team as a rival for Celina, it would be Liberty Hill. I know ... I know ... we have only played them twice and the odds are seemingly remote that we ever play them regularly, but it is such a great matchup. Period.

With that said, Liberty Hill did not have a bad season just because they lost in the Semi's. Disappointing? OK ... yes disappointing, but goodness gracious sakes alive!

Liberty Hill is a program deluxe and I am sure coach Vance and his coaches will keep this loss on the table for the next two years ... if need be. And ... will unload all that dissapointment on Celina next chance they get.

I personally hope, for my sake (selfish I know), that all this talk of coach Vance retiring is just hogwash, and if not, that this loss re-energizes him to stick around for many, many more years to do this again.

I love this match-up!

My gutt was all twisted up and excited ... up to the point that Celina caught that tipped pass for one of those "This is your night! TDs". Only then did my excitement and nervousness turn to "Wow! Great game."

Why? Because up to that point ... my heart told me Liberty Hill might still win that game. And ... if you don't think my heart sank when Celina lined up to punt at the start of the 3rd quarter, that would be an understatement.

Liberty Hill had a great season. And ... I am certain they will have a great season next year too.

clemsmarina
12-16-2008, 01:52 PM
OK, if I were to peg a team as a rival for Celina, it would be Liberty Hill. I know ... I know ... we have only played them twice and the odds are seemingly remote that we ever play them regularly, but it is such a great matchup. Period.

With that said, Liberty Hill did not have a bad season just because they lost in the Semi's. Disappointing? OK ... yes disappointing, but goodness gracious sakes alive!

Liberty Hill is a program deluxe and I am sure coach Vance and his coaches will keep this loss on the table for the next two years ... if need be. And ... will unload all that dissapointment on Celina next chance they get.

I personally hope, for my sake (selfish I know), that all this talk of coach Vance retiring is just hogwash, and if not, that this loss re-energizes him to stick around for many, many more years to do this again.

I love this match-up!

My gutt was all twisted up and excited ... up to the point that Celina caught that tipped pass for one of those "This is your night! TDs". Only then did my excitement and nervousness turn to "Wow! Great game."

Why? Because up to that point ... my heart told me Liberty Hill might still win that game. And ... if you don't think my heart sank when Celina lined up to punt at the start of the 3rd quarter, that would be an understatement.

Liberty Hill had a great season. And ... I am certain they will have a great season next year too.

Very well said Benny!! :clap:

Those exact plays of the game stick out in my head too...

Looking forward to many more years of those kind of weeks leading up to the big game!!!

hookandladder
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM

The teams I mention also had deep runs in the playoffs before their State Chapionships years, Good years are referring to Bring home the hardware of State Championships. Deep runs in the playoffs are nice but winning it all is what it's all about, if your happy with deep runs in the playoffs that's your choice. Total Sucess in my opinion is winning it all, like it or not. Nice runs are like kissing your sister, so to speak. This is in no way knocking LH or any other team personally, just the way I was brought up. Never settling for good enough.

hookandladder
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Not saying to change their offense, just saying they may want to work on their passing game. Giddings was in the same boat a couple of years back and since have developed a passing attack to complement their running game.

CHS_89
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Winning streaks generate tremendous pressure. Now the pressure is on to start another streak. I guarantee you, with the LH coaching staff, buy in from the players, and support of the town and parents, they will be hungry for another run next year. Congrats on a great season and a great run LH. :clap:

runtowin
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Just a question, not a slam on either program. How many players got college scholarships from CELINA versus LH? We know of D'Anton Lynn and J. Blantnick (sp?). Who else does CELINA have on scholarship in college? LH has Casey Kociuba and Kody Emmert. Anyone else?

BobcatBenny
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Just a question, not a slam on either program. How many players got college scholarships from CELINA versus LH? We know of D'Anton Lynn and J. Blantnick (sp?). Who else does CELINA have on scholarship in college? LH has Casey Kociuba and Kody Emmert. Anyone else?
Maybe LHPM can help with this. I know these two lists have been compiled on here several times. I just can't find them.

runtowin
12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I am sure CELINA has quite a few more than LH. It seems they get many relatives of former athletes from the DFW area

Bigworm
12-16-2008, 04:28 PM

Poitier is a redshirt here at Sam Houston, Haberer is at Navy(05 class) thats all I can think of for now

block&tackle
12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Celina's D1 kids since '05 season-

Nathan Tune - North Texas
Adam James - Texas Tech
Jaime Blatnik - Oklahoma State
D'Anton Lynn - Penn State
Troy Franklin - North Texas

All five were on the two-deep this season at their respective schools

It looks like Troy McCartney might get the opportunity
Caleb Lavey will go anywhere he wants to (only a junior)

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Due to his size and ability, Troy likely goes baseball.

Put Troy's heart in a 6'2" 210 lb. kid and he could go and do anything he wanted.

gatordaze
12-16-2008, 06:13 PM

Adam James - Texas Tech

I think there are at least 3 at ACU

clemsmarina
12-16-2008, 11:13 PM
The teams I mention also had deep runs in the playoffs before their State Chapionships years, Good years are referring to Bring home the hardware of State Championships. Deep runs in the playoffs are nice but winning it all is what it's all about, if your happy with deep runs in the playoffs that's your choice. Total Sucess in my opinion is winning it all, like it or not. Nice runs are like kissing your sister, so to speak. This is in no way knocking LH or any other team personally, just the way I was brought up. Never settling for good enough.

So, since Liberty Hill finished with a record of 14 - 1 they did not have a good year? Bridgeports 1 loss season isn't a good year?

Maybe I'm just not understanding.... I can be hard headed, but am totally confused right now!!

BullsFan
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
So, since Liberty Hill finished with a record of 14 - 1 they did not have a good year? Bridgeports 1 loss season isn't a good year?

Maybe I'm just not understanding.... I can be hard headed, but am totally confused right now!!

If you're confused, then I am too. While I don't have a sister, I can tell you that I feel sure our 12-1 season feels a whole lot better than what I imagine kissing a sibling would feel like.

And honestly, that's pretty sad to say the only thing that is satisfying or worthwhile is winning a state championship. There's a whole lot of football that gets played every year, and only one...okay, two state trophies in 3A. So the only two teams that have good years are the two that win the whole thing?

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
If you're confused, then I am too. While I don't have a sister, I can tell you that I feel sure our 12-1 season feels a whole lot better than what I imagine kissing a sibling would feel like.

And honestly, that's pretty sad to say the only thing that is satisfying or worthwhile is winning a state championship. There's a whole lot of football that gets played every year, and only one...okay, two state trophies in 3A. So the only two teams that have good years are the two that win the whole thing?
Thank you! I'll take the success we have had since 2001 and trade it for the lack of success we had before, any day of the week!

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 11:26 PM
LH has Casey Kociuba and Kody Emmert. Anyone else?

Originally posted by Bigworm
Poitier is a redshirt here at Sam Houston, Haberer is at Navy(05 class) thats all I can think of for now
I think that's it. TK - walk-on @ A&M and Allman @ UMHB are the others playing, just not scholarship.

BullsFan
12-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Thank you! I'll take the success we have had since 2001 and trade it for the lack of success we had before, any day of the week!

I'd be willing to bet most of the posters on here (those not from LH, anyway) would trade for what you've had since 2001 as well.

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
What I meant by community was that Celina fans, not cheerleaders lined up for them to enther the ramp to the field. They have a quarterback club that finances an indoor facility and prays for them at morning meetings. There are no excuses for their kids. The coaches, parents and community members demand that the kids attend every possible lifting, running or practice session. Football is a way of life in CELINA not a fall past time. LH can get there, let's hope they do!
Back in the day, I remember us doing that back when my oldest was playing, at least JH & freshman. I don't remember it happening for varsity, but at that time, we didn't have a very large crowd. Once the "Panther Club" was started, they began doing it at all home games. Maybe we (parents & fans) should start that for away games, with JV's approval, of course. ;)

As far as "QB club", it's not the same I know, but the booster club does a pretty decent job at helping with the athletic department needs, including seeing that the new weight room was stocked. No, it's not an indoor facility, but it's what was needed at the time. We don't have a huge "active" membership at meetings, but the BC has helped with a lot that may not otherwise be there.

As far as parents & coaches demanding that players attend, I couldn't agree more. I'll stop with that, because some things are better off not being said (by me).

ProudHornetMom
12-16-2008, 11:46 PM

I'm with you in the midst of confusion. Not only that...but LH's ONE loss has ended their streak, doomed them to mediocrity and I think branded a orange L on their chest. But let everyone think the program has died and just kick back and relax when you play them next year...:rolleyes:

jambo67
12-17-2008, 02:41 AM
I played 3 years for the Ennis V and we won a total of 9 games. I would have done anything to have had anything near LH's record over the last 3 years. LH players will take great pride in what they accomplished over the last 3 years regardless of the loss to Celina. Everything that happens when you are a player just seems natural at the time and Championships and records don't really sink in until after you graduate, many years afterwards.

jason
12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

that seems to be how it is this year - a 40-12 game isn't luck....

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Aren't all offenses "a system"? IMHO, it is not what offense you run, but how well you run it. It's your coaches AND players being 100% on board and buying into it. There are times that you just flat out get beat, regardless of whether you're running the ball or passing the ball, or an even mix. Saturday was one of those times. We won 38 in a row, back-to-back championships, then because we lose one, we need to have some kind of passing game? I respectfully disagree.

And for all of you having to kiss your sister, I hope she's at least good looking. I guess I'll have to settle for one of my brothers. ;)

MN95
12-17-2008, 09:51 AM

Adam James - Texas Tech

I heard Nathan Bidelman may go D1? TCU? Is that true?

MN95
12-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I think that's it. TK - walk-on @ A&M and Allman @ UMHB are the others playing, just not scholarship.

Will your son get a chance to play somewhere?

Congrats on the all state selection by the way.

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by MN95
I heard Nathan Bidelman may go D1? TCU? Is that true?

He went to their camp this summer and at his size how could they not look. I think his dad said Eastern New Mexico also has an interest.

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. Just...

wow. And at Christmas too.

Wow.

MN95
12-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
He went to their camp this summer and at his size how could they not look. I think his dad said Eastern New Mexico also has an interest.

Who in their right mind would ever go to that podunk school?:D :D

MN95
12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Who in their right mind would ever go to that podunk school?:D :D

Just to clue every one in, that's Gator's alma mater

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, Greyhounddaze just sounded stupid

hookandladder
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Aren't all offenses "a system"? IMHO, it is not what offense you run, but how well you run it. It's your coaches AND players being 100% on board and buying into it. There are times that you just flat out get beat, regardless of whether you're running the ball or passing the ball, or an even mix. Saturday was one of those times. We won 38 in a row, back-to-back championships, then because we lose one, we need to have some kind of passing game? I respectfully disagree.

And for all of you having to kiss your sister, I hope she's at least good looking. I guess I'll have to settle for one of my brothers. ;)

Every offense ( The System) and the defense does need everyone buying into it, however you still need talent to be successful. Every armchair coach, myself included can respectfully agree or diagree. It's their opinion.

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Will your son get a chance to play somewhere?

Congrats on the all state selection by the way.
He has some schools looking at him. And thanks!

Every offense ( The System) and the defense does need everyone buying into it, however you still need talent to be successful. Every armchair coach, myself included can respectfully agree or diagree. It's their opinion.
Agreed!

BullsFan
12-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. Just...

wow. And at Christmas too.

Wow.

Just for that, I'm going to wait for the most embarrassing possible moment and lay a big one on ya.