PDA

View Full Version : I'm the Harbinger of Death to your team's title chances!

JR2004
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
If you want to guarantee victory for your team just have me sit with your opponent...lol.

We get to the Everman-Sulphur Springs game and see Everman score while we're walking over to their side to sit down. By the time we get situated it's 14-0 Everman. We know how that game ended up!

I move over to Modoc's side for the next one and yep, you guessed it, I was the death knell for their shot at a state title.

Just to test things out we go to sit in the end zone for the Guyer-Longview game. We were sitting on the Guyer side of the goalposts though to keep the streak alive!

Other teams I sat with in recent memory that I cost playoff games.

Roscoe vs. Archer City...I bet I'm never allowed to even drive in the vicinity of Roscoe!

2007 Trinity vs. Plano. While Trinity won the state semi-final game, they didn't do so until I got up and walked to the end zone for the 2 OT's.

2006 Cedar Hill vs. Garland. A friend of mine had to work and he wanted me to go out and watch them for him so he could get updates. Big mistake having me sit on the Owls side of the field!

2004 Jasper I'm sorry...I cost you a state title. I got their about 20 minutes before kickoff and saw a seat at around the 15 yard line on your side.

2003 Gainesville vs. Burnet. I began the game sitting on the Bulldogs side and that was all it took!

Breathe easy though Celina and Carthage. I have to work this Friday so I won't be there to ruin it for one of y'all!

Bullaholic
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
JR---Do me a favor and don't ever come to any Bulls games. :D.
Henceforth, you shall be known as "The Cooler" in high school football circles.

JR2004
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
JR---Do me a favor and don't ever come to any Bulls games. :D.
Henceforth, you shall be known as "The Cooler" in high school football circles.

HAHAHAHA...

I have an amazing ability to ruin a team's chances at winning...lol

I can also add another game to the resume...

2007 Elysian Fields vs. Rice Consolidated

This was a double whammy as both myself and GSQUARED were in attendance! Rice might as well have not even made the trip to Waco for that one! Not only did they get blown out, but their QB got hurt as well.

Another one to put in the odd category.

I went out to watch SLC vs. Abilene last year. My friends and I sat on the Abilene side, BUT I predicted SLC to win. I swear I actually said this the play before it happened. SLC was in control of the game in the 2nd quarter and they were just tearing up Abilene at that point. I turned to my friend and said "The only way Abilene is winning this game is if they knock Dodge out of it."

The next play, BAM, Dodge breaks his collarbone. Just unreal...

sinton66
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Dude, were you at Texas State for Sinton/Bellville?:D

JR2004
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Dude, were you at Texas State for Sinton/Bellville?:D

No, BUT I was going to sit on YOUR side of the field if I went! You might as well have called PhilC and took on a hurricane head on in a row boat because you would've had a better chance of coming out on top! Had I shown up you probably would've been beaten by 40 so be thankful I wasn't there. :)

sinton66
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, you were our best bandwagon fan. I got no complaints.;)

JR2004
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, you were our best bandwagon fan. I got no complaints.;)

Yes I think you're right about that!

JR2004
12-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Guess which side I sat on at Texas Stadium Friday night...lol.