PDA

View Full Version : TO being disciplined by cowboys!!!

coach
12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
He is required to spend 12 hours in Kindergarten and learning how to share the ball with other people. To's response was "but Coach, thats not fayer!!!"

Red&White_9x5
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
TO is a joke and a cancer. It would be different if this was the first time, but this is the same song different verse. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas are all interchangeable. Garcia, McNabb, Romo are all interchangeable. There is one constant in all of these and it is TO. He is a selfish "me" player and will tear apart any team if given the chance. If Jerry doesn't put his foot down (and he won't) then TO will continue destroying team chemistry piece by piece

Pick6
12-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Why do people keep bringing this up?

eagles_victory
12-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
TO is a joke and a cancer. It would be different if this was the first time, but this is the same song different verse. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas are all interchangeable. Garcia, McNabb, Romo are all interchangeable. There is one constant in all of these and it is TO. He is a selfish "me" player and will tear apart any team if given the chance. If Jerry doesn't put his foot down (and he won't) then TO will continue destroying team chemistry piece by piece Learn the story

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 12:28 PM
TO is a joke and a cancer. It would be different if this was the first time, but this is the same song different verse. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas are all interchangeable. Garcia, McNabb, Romo are all interchangeable. There is one constant in all of these and it is TO. He is a selfish "me" player and will tear apart any team if given the chance. If Jerry doesn't put his foot down (and he won't) then TO will continue destroying team chemistry piece by piece

I do disagree with you on one thing. Romo is totally different than Garcia and McNabb when it comes to Ego and personality. What happen within the Cowboy organization last week was as bad or worse than what happened at SF and Philly. The difference is that Romo has the personality and ability to iron things out without making it a he said-she said spectacle using the media as a venue. Yes, the media tried in every way to turn this into a spectacle like SF and Philly but to Romo's and the Cowboys credit they didn't let it get out of control from within. After the initial report by Ed Werner was leaked, that was pretty much it. This rest of the week was nothing but speculation by the media, but the players (TO, Whitten, Romo) and the rest of the team handled from within and seem to turn it into a positive motivation that lead to a very impressive victory.

Yes, TO is selfish, but everybody he has ever played with will say he is also the hardest worker on the team and wants to win more than anybody. The TV showing of the sideline laughing by TO, ROMO, and WHITTEN was a sign to me that they had already worked things out between them earlier in the week. Yes, winning is the ultimate bandaide, but I think TO is on the only team in the league that he can not tear down and can still be somewhat productive. I think the Cowboys make a statement last night and watching Romo and Whitten giggle at TO while he was taking a stab at Ed Werner in the post game interview was also a good sign if you ask me. JMO

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
coach, coach...go take a nap!

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Former:D and it's not quite nap time yet.:) I just agree with Terry Bradshaw, "these things happen on every NFL team at one time or another, the difference is it's TO and it's the COWBOYS so it becomes a bigger deal". He also said that media makes way more of these things than what they really are.

coach
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM

only if you join me

Buckeye1980
12-15-2008, 01:38 PM

There is one MAJOR difference, in SF and Philly, TO wanted out . He wants to play for he Cowboys. He also wants to win, any player with his ability wants to win , and there is nothing wrong with speaking about it ! You always hear about a closer in baseball wanting the ball in the ninth inning, a basketabll player wants the last shot, why would an offensive player not want the ball to make something happen? Nobody complained when Romo was hurt and spoke out about wanting to play. It is just how things are undeerstood that is wrong. Last year it was Romo that was the problem when he went to Mexico on a week off. Whitten went with him but no one said he should not went . What we have is a double standard depending on who you want to complain about

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
There is one MAJOR difference, in SF and Philly, TO wanted out . He wants to play for he Cowboys. He also wants to win, any player with his ability wants to win , and there is nothing wrong with speaking about it ! You always hear about a closer in baseball wanting the ball in the ninth inning, a basketabll player wants the last shot, why would an offensive player not want the ball to make something happen? Nobody complained when Romo was hurt and spoke out about wanting to play. It is just how things are undeerstood that is wrong. Last year it was Romo that was the problem when he went to Mexico on a week off. Whitten went with him but no one said he should not went . What we have is a double standard depending on who you want to complain about

Glad to see someone else agrees with me:D

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Face it folks, the Cowboys won, so this mess simmered down for now. Had they lost, it would have exploded like a bomb, and we all know it. This bomb is no where near defused people. It will go off! Its just a matter of time. You wont even have to be paying attention, because there will be no way to miss what is inevitable to happen. It's just a matter of time and circumstances.:thinking:

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Exactly. Let the man say what he wants! :clap:

And if/when he goes "boom" then he goes "boom" -- it will be entertaining!! :D

oh and coach i could use a nap myself! :) haha

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Agg3djyH1pvZRcG5wof5xug5nYcB?slug=dw-nfldivas121508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns) “It is a family,” Phillips said. “Brothers get in fights. But then they come back to their family and they fight for each other.”

This is what I was trying to say last week. It is okay for me and my brother to fight but you better not jump in or we will both turn on you and then finish our business. :D

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Face it folks, the Cowboys won, so this mess simmered down for now. Had they lost, it would have exploded like a bomb, and we all know it. This bomb is no where near defused people. It will go off! Its just a matter of time. You wont even have to be paying attention, because there will be no way to miss what is inevitable to happen. It's just a matter of time and circumstances.:thinking:

But Stang, we are now coming to the end of a "third" season and this is excatly what everybody has been saying and seemingly waiting on the whole time. I agree that winning is a huge bandaide but Romo just seems to have what it takes to handle TO, unlike anybody else. In Life, they say they there is someone for everyone. Well, in TO's football life I think Romo is the only one he can truely express his arrogant selfish fellings with and still have a quality working relationship. If he didn't this would have already ended a long time ago. It's not like they been winning championships or anything like that. There has been a lot of disappointment in big "D" in crucial situations, but yet TO goes off and Romo and company seem to diffuse the situation.

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
But Stang, we are now coming to the end of a "third" season and this is excatly what everybody has been saying and seemingly waiting on the whole time. I agree that winning is a huge bandaide but Romo just seems to have what it takes to handle TO, unlike anybody else. In Life, they say they there is someone for everyone. Well, in TO's football life I think Romo is the only one he can truely express his arrogant selfish fellings with and still have a quality working relationship. If he didn't this would have already ended a long time ago. It's not like they been winning championships or anything like that. There has been a lot of disappointment in big "D" in crucial situations, but yet TO goes off and Romo and company seem to diffuse the situation.

Yes but there is a couple of fatal flaws in your theory. I'm not going to take the time to look it up, but I think TO was with Philly & SF for 3+ years before those blow ups. Those QBs seemed to have been able to handle him for this long also. And since he's been at Dallas, this is the first TO'esk type situation that has envolved bad mouthing his QB and other players. This is the beginning of the end now for sure. It just remains to be seen, how long it'll take to get to the end of the end.
TO is the common denominator in all of the TO problems, and he has once again proven he is still very much the same ol TO.

Sorry my friend, but thats the way I see it.;)

Necks_Fan
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
When there are like 72 threads about 1 topic..... it gets old quick.

DaHop72
12-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
When there are like 72 threads about 1 topic..... it gets old quick. :thinking: :thinking: So don't read them maybe.:doh:

Bullaholic
12-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: So don't read them maybe.:doh:

After this week we will all be scratching hard for threads to read, DaHop. You going to hibernate?

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 03:46 PM
When there are like 72 threads about 1 topic..... it gets old quick. 72 threads? Maybe now you see why we merge threads, but the other 72 threads had already fallen off the first page so I just left it alone instead of dragging it back up. *shrug*

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes but there is a couple of fatal flaws in your theory. I'm not going to take the time to look it up, but I think TO was with Philly & SF for 3+ years before those blow ups. Those QBs seemed to have been able to handle him for this long also. And since he's been at Dallas, this is the first TO'esk type situation that has envolved bad mouthing his QB and other players. This is the beginning of the end now for sure. It just remains to be seen, how long it'll take to get to the end of the end.
TO is the common denominator in all of the TO problems, and he has once again proven he is still very much the same ol TO. In both SF and Philly, there were "mulitple" sideline antics of TO in the face of either Garcia or McNabb that had gone on, as well as the media stuff that would get printed. With Romo, we haven't seen not even "one" instance where he show public displeasure toward Romo as the "QB". I truely think that Romo is the only QB that TO has ever played with that he has some respect for. If he didn't, we would see video proof of these sideline antics directed at Romo. All we have to go on is what Ed Werner reported that an "unnamed" source said. Not one player has gone of record of pointing a finger directly at TO on the whole situation. It was TO, Williams, and Crayton who "all 3" meet with Garrett. Because TO was part of the group the media has single him out as the badguy (an deservidly so based on his past) because he is TO. You don't here the media critisizing Williams or Crayton on the matter and they were also in the meeting with Garrett. If we are going to go on unnamed sources, the lasted rumor that hasn't gotten much attention is that Crayton is the one spreading the TO rumors in an effort to try to get him to implode so the Cowboys would get rid of him, because since the arrival of Williams, Crayton has been the odd man out and appears to be the one unhappy. Again, these are just rumores also, but who knows what it will boil into. If they keep winning we may never here anymore about it, but if they don't make the playoffs I would be willing to bet that this story surfaces.

Necks_Fan
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: :thinking: So don't read them maybe.:doh: I didn't. Just posted a reply.

These threads are dumb.

72 was just an exaggeration. I should have said 7,200.

Between this and crow eating threads..... there couldn't be anything dumber.

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 03:52 PM
When there are like 72 threads about 1 topic..... it gets old quick.

Yea but it's already getting pretty slow on here, and this has been a big issue lately, so we might as well beat it to death. WHACK WHACK WHACK :D
I'm getting my licks in.:p

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea but it's already getting pretty slow on here, and this has been a big issue lately, so we might as well beat it to death. WHACK WHACK WHACK :D
I'm getting my licks in.:p [/QUO :ditto:

:ack!: :taunt: :stirpot: :crazy: :foul:

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
In both SF and Philly, there were "mulitple" sideline antics of TO in the face of either Garcia or McNabb that had gone on, as well as the media stuff that would get printed. With Romo, we haven't seen not even "one" instance where he show public displeasure toward Romo as the "QB". I truely think that Romo is the only QB that TO has ever played with that he has some respect for. If he didn't, we would see video proof of these sideline antics directed at Romo. All we have to go on is what Ed Werner reported that an "unnamed" source said. Not one player has gone of record of pointing a finger directly at TO on the whole situation. It was TO, Williams, and Crayton who "all 3" meet with Garrett. Because TO was part of the group the media has single him out as the badguy (an deservidly so based on his past) because he is TO. You don't here the media critisizing Williams or Crayton on the matter and they were also in the meeting with Garrett. If we are going to go on unnamed sources, the lasted rumor that hasn't gotten much attention is that Crayton is the one spreading the TO rumors in an effort to try to get him to implode so the Cowboys would get rid of him, because since the arrival of Williams, Crayton has been the odd man out and appears to be the one unhappy. Again, these are just rumores also, but who knows what it will boil into. If they keep winning we may never here anymore about it, but if they don't make the playoffs I would be willing to bet that this story surfaces.

Well you have a lot more faith in TO than I have ever had. Some thought him to be the savior of the Cowboys when he came, but they have been nothing more than mediocre since his arrival, and there has been several typical TO issues during that time. He has brought nothing positive to the organization since day 1, but has in fact brought plenty of negetiveity. I've been a TO detractor since day 1, but was hopeful of being wrong. But to date, I have seen no reason what so ever to change my opinion. At least now I am encouraged that the end is near, and the Cowboys will finally get to move on into the right direction. However, as long as JJ is in charge, I'm not overly optimistic that they'll ever see their potential realized. But I'm still hoping I'm wrong, even though the signs are pretty clear that I am not.:(

coach
12-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I didn't. Just posted a reply.

These threads are dumb.

72 was just an exaggeration. I should have said 7,200.

no making a thread on hating lil wayne was a dumb thread

DaHop72
12-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by coach
no making a thread on hating lil wayne was a dumb thread :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Well you have a lot more faith in TO than I have ever had. Some thought him to be the savior of the Cowboys when he came, but they have been nothing more than mediocre since his arrival, and there has been several typical TO issues during that time. He has brought nothing positive to the organization since day 1, but has in fact brought plenty of negetiveity. I've been a TO detractor since day 1, but was hopeful of being wrong. But to date, I have seen no reason what so ever to change my opinion. At least now I am encouraged that the end is near, and the Cowboys will finally get to move on into the right direction. However, as long as JJ is in charge, I'm not overly optimistic that they'll ever see their potential realized. But I'm still hoping I'm wrong, even though the signs are pretty clear that I am not.:(

Don't get me wrong. I'm not that big of a TO backer, and he has certainly destroyed two franchises, but I believe the media make way to much out of what he says and just looks for reason to bring up controversy. However, I think he has had to go out of his way and actually bite his tongue at times in order to remain with the Cowboys. And like I said in my previous post, I really think TO has respect for Romo and actually likes him on and off the field. I also think that Deion Sanders has been a somewhat positive influence on TO. They spend quite a bit of time together since Sanders also lives in Dallas. Sanders was a true showboat as a player but away from football he is a very religious person with good moral values and spends lots of energy with guys like TO trying to mentor them in a positive way. Boy, is it slow on here or what. I've spent my whole afternoon somewhat defending TO :doh: .

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 04:32 PM
there couldn't be anything dumber. oh i bet there is lmao

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I've spent my whole afternoon somewhat defending TO :doh: . and I can hear someone running down the hall to tell you you are sad for doing so! roflmao

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not that big of a TO backer, and he has certainly destroyed two franchises, but I believe the media make way to much out of what he says and just looks for reason to bring up controversy. However, I think he has had to go out of his way and actually bite his tongue at times in order to remain with the Cowboys. And like I said in my previous post, I really think TO has respect for Romo and actually likes him on and off the field. I also think that Deion Sanders has been a somewhat positive influence on TO. They spend quite a bit of time together since Sanders also lives in Dallas. Sanders was a true showboat as a player but away from football he is a very religious person with good moral values and spends lots of energy with guys like TO trying to mentor them in a positive way. Boy, is it slow on here or what. I've spent my whole afternoon somewhat defending TO :doh: .

I do agree the media blows things way out of proportion about TO. But it was well known to be that way before he came to the Cowboys, and that he would be bringing all that baggage along with him. And I'm sure he has bitten his tongue many times. But with his history, he has set himself up now to have to bite his tongue every time, or suffer the rath of those that remember his numerous past sins. It may not be fair, but it is what it is, he made the bed he's laying in, and he's done little to change his image.

Snydertigersrul
12-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by coach
He is required to spend 12 hours in Kindergarten and learning how to share the ball with other people. To's response was "but Coach, thats not fayer!!!"

WHY???? TO is the team's best and only weapon.

The Cowboys need a quarterback that can make big plays in big games, not against also-rans.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
WHY???? TO is the team's best and only weapon.

The Cowboys need a quarterback that can make big plays in big games, not against also-rans.

you mean like he did agianst Giants last night?

Snydertigersrul
12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

The Giants played without its top running back and have lost their best wide receiver for the remainder of the season. Remember Romo and last year's playoffs and the year before how he performed against Seattle?

Emerson1
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why are you even bothering arguing with him. The piece of crap I ran over mowing your yard knows more about football then str does

Electus Unus
12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
It is amazing how two letters create so much anger and hostility.

For the record I agree with TO about Ed Werder being unprofessional and creating bogus stories.

STANG RED
12-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why are you even bothering arguing with him. The piece of crap I ran over mowing your yard knows more about football then str does

LOL, are you sure you want to limit that just to football? I would'nt.:devil:

Emerson1
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I am more mad at the snitch who took a locker room issue to the press

eagles_victory
12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
72 threads? Maybe now you see why we merge threads, but the other 72 threads had already fallen off the first page so I just left it alone instead of dragging it back up. *shrug* Consider the source from the guy who makes a thread about every Astros game for the entire season (well if they are winning at least)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
TO is a joke and a cancer. It would be different if this was the first time, but this is the same song different verse. San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas are all interchangeable. Garcia, McNabb, Romo are all interchangeable. There is one constant in all of these and it is TO. He is a selfish "me" player and will tear apart any team if given the chance. If Jerry doesn't put his foot down (and he won't) then TO will continue destroying team chemistry piece by piece http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/dallas-cowboys/little%20videos%20screens/1454892879_s.gif

LH Panther Mom
12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes, there IS something dumber! The fact that you took the time to open the thread and make a post griping about the thread is much more dumb than the thread being started, so I guess it would be the dumbest.

Gobbla2001
12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
this little drama in Dallas cracks me up... I think it's good for the NFL when the Cowboys are in the news period, but the news media covering this just cracks me up... they are so bent right now over TO going off on the media and Romo's "you guys" comment about the media etc...

I love watching the media get annoyed and blasted...

But Go Texans!!!

Snydertigersrul
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM

When was the last time Forney was in the playoffs?

:D

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 08:04 PM

:D How far did y'all go last year?

eagles_victory
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM

:D this year :doh:

Gobbla2001
12-15-2008, 09:27 PM
"Two plus two equals four, Snydertigersrul, you're wrong"

"Yah, well, when's the last time Forney made the playoffs?"

that's similar to when you prove someone wrong and instead of replying with "you're right" they correct your spelling or something...

slpybear the bullfan
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I am more mad at the snitch who took a locker room issue to the press

+1

JR2004
12-15-2008, 10:04 PM
LOL, are you sure you want to limit that just to football? I would'nt.:devil:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
12-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I wonder if Hannibal rents out his mask?

crzyjournalist03
12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
The Giants played without its top running back and have lost their best wide receiver for the remainder of the season. Remember Romo and last year's playoffs and the year before how he performed against Seattle?

You mean the quarterback who completed 59% of his passes and didn't have a turnover in Seattle and who led his team down the field in the final two minutes to get them into field goal range?

Or maybe you mean the quarterback who led his team down the field in the final two minutes of the Giants game and threw what should have been a game-winning touchdown if Patrick Crayton didn't give up on his route.

I know about ifs and buts...however, the Tony Romo has actually been a good enough QB to win in both of his playoff games.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
You mean the quarterback who completed 59% of his passes and didn't have a turnover in Seattle and who led his team down the field in the final two minutes to get them into field goal range?

Or maybe you mean the quarterback who led his team down the field in the final two minutes of the Giants game and threw what should have been a game-winning touchdown if Patrick Crayton didn't give up on his route.

I know about ifs and buts...however, the Tony Romo has actually been a good enough QB to win in both of his playoff games. Im sorry but maybe it wasnt technically a turnover but he had a turnover in the Seattle game.

crzyjournalist03
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im sorry but maybe it wasnt technically a turnover but he had a turnover in the Seattle game.

not as a quarterback.

eagles_victory
12-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
not as a quarterback. People are always going to remember the dropped hold and say it cost them the game no matter what anyone says.

Texasfootball2
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM

You could have given Ely the three greatest recievers on the planet and the Cowboys would have won that game. It's impossible to complete passes when your running for your life and laying flat on your back all night ( "8" Sacks!). And I'm worry but even if they would have had Brandon Jacobs there was absolutely no where to run. You have to be a Cowboy hater to think that Romo is not the most valuable player to "his" team than anybody else in the NFL, or you just came out of a coma and are disoriented. Your probably a big Peyton Manning fan too. If you are, just remember that for the first five years of his career he was labeled as the one who couldn't win the big one. If you are a Cowboys fan, "Be Thankful" you have a Tony Romo instead of one of the other slugs taking snaps around the league.