PDA

View Full Version : To Celina Fans this Week...a Primer on East Texas Football

coachkiss
12-15-2008, 12:33 AM
You will obviously hear a lot of talk about this game. East Texas football fans are notorious smack talkers. Even though the best football continues to be played in North Texas year in and year out, regardless of classification, East Texas fans still hold on to the past like GA clung to that one sports coat with the patches on the sleeves.

Before you engage them, here are some things you must know (from their perspective):

1. Celina can't beat East Texas teams. If you don't know where East Texas starts and ends, don't fret. East Texans don't either. The gerrymandering that goes on each week of the season makes a map of East Texas more like an amoeba than something you would see in Rand McNally.

I have put this link here (http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/coachkiss/EastTexas-1.jpg) for your convenience. I will adjust it as I see the lines change this week.

2. You have never seen anyone like Player X. Player X is the offspring of Xena and Jim Brown. Player X will tear your heart out and eat your children. If you don't believe them, they will provide references, which will be other East Texans. (They do this as a service for each other.)

3. No matter if Celina played the same night as their team in a town three hundred miles away, they saw both teams play. They know good football and their opinion is more important than yours because they are from East Texas.

4. They follow this posting protocol...

I. Make outlandish prediction of the score. They like to make it really out there, like 54-28 or something. Your team will always be on the losing end of these predictions.

II. Watch while people from the non-East Texas town respond with, "Hey, we're pretty good, too." or "It will be a close game." or "We've beaten some tough teams, too."

III. Respond with "I guess we don't even need to show up then." or "You think you're better than us?"

It's a classic move on the part of East Texas posters and it never gets old. Really.

5. They have speed. Your team doesn't. Even though the 3A state champion and runner-up in the 100, 200, 400, Sprint Relay and Mile Relay all came from towns west of I-45 and south of Huntsville, it doesn't matter, their guys are faster. They did have the runner up in the 110 hurdles.

6. Their schedule is tougher than yours. It has to be...they've played East Texas towns and you haven't, and East Texas towns are better than the towns you have played.

7. They won't engage you in a civil discussion with logic and reasoning. If you want to prove a point, you will need to "step outside".

8. They have nicknames for their players. They like to use them as scare tactics. Some examples -- Sirrdog, KokoBWare, Baby Urlacher, and The Trashman. If you aren't scared by their nicknames, they will tell you that you should be.

9. Your last playoff opponent was no good. Even if they were on a 38 game win streak, they were no good. Unless they were from East Texas, and then they will redraw the map of East Texas to make sure they weren't from East Texas.

10. They will bring more fans than you. They have pride. They have spirit. They have tradition. Your team doesn't.

11. Your team will lose. Period.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 12:46 AM
funny post

but when did East Texas stop playing great football?

Seems to me each year at least two teams from East Texas are playing for a state title each year and this year 5 of them are

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 12:48 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA spot on!! :clap:

coachkiss
12-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
funny post

but when did East Texas stop playing great football?

Seems to me each year at least two teams from East Texas are playing for a state title each year and this year 5 of them are

After looking at the number of state titles per county that WOS87 put together, I'm wondering if they ever did. Just kidding.

I think their heyday came in the time of 83-85 when Daingerfield was putting together that amazing run. Since then, due to numbers and drop in quality, they don't compete very well in 4A and 5A, and they seem to be losing the grip on 3A to North Texas and Central Texas as well. They do pretty well in 2A and 1A, but there aren't many 2A and 1A teams in North Texas and Central Texas anymore. They are in East Texas and West Texas. Based on some of that, they should have a few teams in the state championship game each year.

Put this in perspective...in the vast area that is East Texas, there are somewhere around 35 counties. They put up together 5 state game appearances this year. Collin County has put up four this year. Last year, Collin County had two state champions. East Texas had one, and that was in 1A.

I guess that was my reasoning.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
After looking at the number of state titles per county that WOS87 put together, I'm wondering if they ever did. Just kidding.

I think their heyday came in the time of 83-85 when Daingerfield was putting together that amazing run. Since then, due to numbers and drop in quality, they don't compete very well in 4A and 5A, and they seem to be losing the grip on 3A to North Texas and Central Texas as well. They do pretty well in 2A and 1A, but there aren't many 2A and 1A teams in North Texas and Central Texas anymore. They are in East Texas and West Texas. Based on some of that, they should have a few teams in the state championship game each year.

Put this in perspective...in the vast area that is East Texas, there are somewhere around 35 counties. They put up together 5 state game appearances this year. Collin County has put up four this year. Last year, Collin County had two state champions. East Texas had one, and that was in 1A.

your right..and wrong...thru 1988 early 2000s 5A East Texas might have been the best in state..Marshall won, JT won, Lufkin won and Tyler Lee won..Longview and JT played in other final games...they all played in same district for most of that run.

in 4A in the 2000s Texas High won, Marshall played in two straight and Kilgore won

The 3A heyday for East Texas was more from 2000-till now

State winners

LE twice..Gilmer( Beat East Texas team in Title game)...Atlanta..Tatum..Commerce won 2( I know border of East-North Texas

plus Gilmer has played in a title game

Also until East Texas 3A was fractured into two regions those teams beat each other thru the first three rounds..then went into DFW area just to turn back into East Texas most years for the Regional final..Alot of really great East Texas 3A teams were beat by another East Texas team( Atlanta beating Gilmer in 03..Gilmer beating tatum in 04...LE beating Gilmer in 06

Also some of the better East Texas 3A teams were dropped into2A( Daingerfield, Tatum(now back)

East Texas consistleny takes 2-4 teams into the finals

I love what Colin County is doing this year, it has been a great run.

Your right 2A and 1A not a real comparison because lack of those teams in DFW area

alaskacat
12-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Time Out..according to a Post on Smoaky...Prosper is now in East Texas

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Time Out..according to a Post on Smoaky...Prosper is now in East Texas

lol

I think alot of East Texas fans adopted Prosper as a team for the play-off run

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 01:44 AM
your right..and wrong...thru 1988 early 2000s 5A East Texas might have been the best in state..Marshall won, JT won, Lufkin won and Tyler Lee won..Longview and JT played in other final games...they all played in same district for most of that run.

in 4A in the 2000s Texas High won, Marshall played in two straight and Kilgore won

The 3A heyday for East Texas was more from 2000-till now

State winners

LE twice..Gilmer( Beat East Texas team in Title game)...Atlanta..Tatum..Commerce won 2( I know border of East-North Texas

plus Gilmer has played in a title game

Also until East Texas 3A was fractured into two regions those teams beat each other thru the first three rounds..then went into DFW area just to turn back into East Texas most years for the Regional final..Alot of really great East Texas 3A teams were beat by another East Texas team( Atlanta beating Gilmer in 03..Gilmer beating tatum in 04...LE beating Gilmer in 06

Also some of the better East Texas 3A teams were dropped into2A( Daingerfield, Tatum(now back)

East Texas consistleny takes 2-4 teams into the finals

I love what Colin County is doing this year, it has been a great run.

Your right 2A and 1A not a real comparison because lack of those teams in DFW area

wanted to add this year TWO 4A teams and a 3A team among the 5 from East Texas still in the hunt for a title

coachkiss
12-15-2008, 01:49 AM
I will give you that they have a had some good runs lately. I just feel that the majority of good football is now in Central Texas and North Texas.

I think the breakdown is...

1A. Central Texas
1B. North Texas
3. Houston Area
4. East Texas
5. West Texas
6. South Texas

That's just in my mind, and may not be indicative of reality.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 01:51 AM
I will give you that they have a had some good runs lately. I just feel that the majority of good football is now in Central Texas and North Texas.

1A. Central Texas
1B. North Texas
3. Houston Area
4. East Texas
5. West Texas
6. South Texas

It is all subjective..and IMO all runs in cycles

but as far as since say 1999

I cant put East Texas any lower than 2

WOS87
12-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I will agree that the East Texas programs are some of the fiercest competitors in the state but none of them seem to be able to follow through when it comes to State Championship games....

In 5A Lufkin has a total of 1 State Championship as well as current 4A Marshall (who won a 5A title in 1990). Current 4A Longview has a total of 1 State Championship (way back in 1937)

The most successful East Texas programs in regards to state championships are John Tyler, Daingerfield, Newton and Groveton... all of which have won 3 UIL Football State Titles with Newton listed as a questionable East Texas team given that they are generally included in the Southeast Texas football community

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I will agree that the East Texas programs are some of the fiercest competitors in the state but none of them seem to be able to follow through when it comes to State Championship games....

I think East Texas has such a deep roster of great teams that it is hard to establish a dynasty when the gaunlet of teams just in the first 3-4 rounds of play-offs can be so tough..Look at Gilmer from the time they won state till this year

They have one of the best records in that span...look at whothey lost to in the play-offs in that run

LE, Atlanta(year before Gilmer won), Canton, Carthage and of course LH..all but one East Texas teams

Plus East Texas is good about having the team pop up dominate and thenfall back to pack in East Texas

Like Pitt in 80...Jefferson in 86..Atlanta 03

those three turned out to be possibly three of the best 3A state title teams of all time..but all three "came out of nowhere"

Electus Unus
12-15-2008, 02:31 AM
1. Dallas Area
2. Central Texas
3. East Texas
4. Houston Area
5. Golden Triangle
6. West Texas
7. RGV

WOS87
12-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
1. Dallas Area
2. Central Texas
3. East Texas
4. Houston Area
5. Golden Triangle
6. West Texas
7. RGV

Hmmm...... the Golden Triangle consists of Orange and Jefferson Counties which has a combined population of less than 300,000. The 2 counties have a combined 12 state titles which is more than the 9 that Harris County has, the 8 that Galveston County has, or the 7 that Fort Bend County has

Rabid Cougar
12-15-2008, 07:55 AM
If your from Greenwood everyone is East Texas!

bigdaddy
12-15-2008, 08:06 AM
Smack, Smack, Smack and worthless anologies and worthless analysis.

The Players and Coaches will decide it ALL on the field NOT online.

Going for 9... Go Bobcats

charlesrixey
12-15-2008, 08:07 AM
:clap:

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
If your from Greenwood everyone is East Texas!

LOL that is true

Heck even us East Texans have a hard time deciding what is considered East Texas

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

In 5A Lufkin has a total of 1 State Championship as well as current 4A Marshall (who won a 5A title in 1990). Current 4A Longview has a total of 1 State Championship (way back in 1937)

The most successful East Texas programs in regards to state championships are John Tyler, Daingerfield, Newton and Groveton... all of which have won 3 UIL Football State Titles with Newton listed as a questionable East Texas team given that they are generally included in the Southeast Texas football community

How could you leave off and forget about Tatum as a successful East Texas program? 3 State Championships.

wimbo_pro
12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
If Celina plays like they did Saturday night...they win.

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 11:10 AM
You will obviously hear a lot of talk about this game. East Texas football fans are notorious smack talkers. Even though the best football continues to be played in North Texas year in and year out, regardless of classification, East Texas fans still hold on to the past like GA clung to that one sports coat with the patches on the sleeves.

Before you engage them, here are some things you must know (from their perspective):

1. Celina can't beat East Texas teams. If you don't know where East Texas starts and ends, don't fret. East Texans don't either. The gerrymandering that goes on each week of the season makes a map of East Texas more like an amoeba than something you would see in Rand McNally.

I have put this link here (http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo261/coachkiss/EastTexas-1.jpg) for your convenience. I will adjust it as I see the lines change this week.

2. You have never seen anyone like Player X. Player X is the offspring of Xena and Jim Brown. Player X will tear your heart out and eat your children. If you don't believe them, they will provide references, which will be other East Texans. (They do this as a service for each other.)

3. No matter if Celina played the same night as their team in a town three hundred miles away, they saw both teams play. They know good football and their opinion is more important than yours because they are from East Texas.

4. They follow this posting protocol...

I. Make outlandish prediction of the score. They like to make it really out there, like 54-28 or something. Your team will always be on the losing end of these predictions.

II. Watch while people from the non-East Texas town respond with, "Hey, we're pretty good, too." or "It will be a close game." or "We've beaten some tough teams, too."

III. Respond with "I guess we don't even need to show up then." or "You think you're better than us?"

It's a classic move on the part of East Texas posters and it never gets old. Really.

5. They have speed. Your team doesn't. Even though the 3A state champion and runner-up in the 100, 200, 400, Sprint Relay and Mile Relay all came from towns west of I-45 and south of Huntsville, it doesn't matter, their guys are faster. They did have the runner up in the 110 hurdles.

6. Their schedule is tougher than yours. It has to be...they've played East Texas towns and you haven't, and East Texas towns are better than the towns you have played.

7. They won't engage you in a civil discussion with logic and reasoning. If you want to prove a point, you will need to "step outside".

8. They have nicknames for their players. They like to use them as scare tactics. Some examples -- Sirrdog, KokoBWare, Baby Urlacher, and The Trashman. If you aren't scared by their nicknames, they will tell you that you should be.

9. Your last playoff opponent was no good. Even if they were on a 38 game win streak, they were no good. Unless they were from East Texas, and then they will redraw the map of East Texas to make sure they weren't from East Texas.

10. They will bring more fans than you. They have pride. They have spirit. They have tradition. Your team doesn't.

11. Your team will lose. Period.

I think you summed it up pretty good but I wanted to add a few comments:

1. "East Texas fans still hold on to the past" -- and North Texas fans don't. All you here about from Celina posters is Going for 9 and 9 is Divine. But what's wrong with that? Nothing. Past history is tradition. Why not relive the glory years and the championships. So it ain't just East Texas fans who hold onto the past -- we all do.

2. "They know good football and their opinion is more important than yours because they are from East Texas." Not quite true but almost. Everyone has opinions. I can't help it if they don't always line up with East Texas opinions. Get over it.

3. "They have speed. Your team doesn't. Even though the 3A state champion and runner-up in the 100, 200, 400, Sprint Relay and Mile Relay all came from towns west of I-45 and south of Huntsville" -- and how many of those kids are still playing football? None of them. So that comment is irrelevant. I saw Celina loose to Daingerfield this year and I saw Carthage beat Gilmer. My opinion (there's that dirty word again) is that Carthage has more team speed than Celina --- and after the ballgame Friday night your opinion will be the same.

4. "Their schedule is tougher than yours. It has to be...they've played East Texas towns and you haven't, and East Texas towns are better than the towns you have played" Amen brother! You hit the nail on the head with that statement.

5. "They won't engage you in a civil discussion with logic and reasoning. If you want to prove a point, you will need to "step outside". Absolutley not true. East Texans are some of the most descent and civil people you will ever want to meet. And we don't have to "step outside" we do all of our talking on the football field

6. "Your last playoff opponent was no good. Even if they were on a 38 game win streak, they were no good." That's a bunch of hogwash. After getting our butts kicked last year by LH I can testify that they were and are good --- really good! They are just a hair to far south to claim as an East Texas team. Although we could gerrymander them in. After all, I am a good Republican too.

7. "Your team will lose. Period" Glad to see you finally seen the light.

Your friend and East Texas homer!!!!!!

coachkiss
12-15-2008, 11:15 AM
At least you see it with the spirit intended, N4Sir.

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
All in good fun. Looking forward to a tremendous football game Friday night.

purring kitty
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
I know, I know, Carthage is bigger, smarter, older, more experienced and their players eat raw meat and are only let out of their cages on game day. But, Celina didn't win 8 championships by underestimating their opponents, not being prepared, and not playing their hearts out.

And we have one secret weapon:

OUR BUS DRIVER IS THE BEST IN THE STATE

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................... .............

MN95
12-15-2008, 01:01 PM

7. They won't engage you in a civil discussion with logic and reasoning.

Coachkiss, boy did you nail this one. I have been trying my best to use logical to engage them and can't get one reply. Must be in Smoaky's rules.

I guess it's also more fun to post incoherent rants and make the font really big with different colors!!! Kind of like coloring with crayons in cyberspace.

Twirling Time
12-15-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm stealing this for another board and changing "East Texans" to "Democrats."

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Coachkiss, boy did you nail this one. I have been trying my best to use logical to engage them and can't get one reply. Must be in Smoaky's rules.

I guess it's also more fun to post incoherent rants and make the font really big with different colors!!! Kind of like coloring with crayons in cyberspace. I tried a long time back and I was running through my mind the genetical issues that must be in place. :D

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Genetics like those that produced Adrian Peterson and Earl Campbell?

coachkiss
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm betting it was Adrian Peterson or Earl Campbell who were "coloring" on SDC.

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Genetics like those that produced Adrian Peterson and Earl Campbell? No those are the good genes. :rolleyes:

Rocket Dad
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Coachkiss - enjoyed your list. I have an alltime favorite Celina post = "Our boys are not as talented as most teams, they just play hard and we win on tradition". Truth is they do play hard, tradition is second to none, and CELINA has TALENT !! You don't win that many state titles with average talent. Someone post the number of D1 football players Celina has had in the last 10 years.

75009Football
12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by purring kitty
I know, I know, Carthage is bigger, smarter, older, more experienced and their players eat raw meat and are only let out of their cages on game day. But, Celina didn't win 8 championships by underestimating their opponents, not being prepared, and not playing their hearts out.

And we have one secret weapon:

OUR BUS DRIVER IS THE BEST IN THE STATE

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................... .............

Welcome aboard kitty.

The Bobcats will absolutely play their hearts out. Lots of Seniors wanting to make their mark on the school.

75009Football
12-15-2008, 03:17 PM

I guess it's also more fun to post incoherent rants and make the font really big with different colors!!! Kind of like coloring with crayons in cyberspace.

No Big Chief pad.

That's what is causing their problems here in cyperspace. They get all confused cause there are not any lines to keep them on the straight and narrow.

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
I think you summed it up pretty good but I wanted to add a few comments:

I saw Celina loose to Daingerfield this year and I saw Carthage beat Gilmer. My opinion (there's that dirty word again) is that Carthage has more team speed than Celina
Your friend and East Texas homer!!!!!!

Okay, so just so I understand and am CLEAR on this...You saw Dangerfield beat Celina, and then you saw Carthage beat Gilmer, AND THUS, by your token East Texas intellect, Carthage is faster and will beat Celina. OH AND YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS HOMER.

OKAY I get it and submit this as additional information, using your same logic:

PART ONE
I was in a rather large East Texas town
last week at a stop light. I looked over and BIG AS ALL GET OUT was a van, with a huge CARTHAGE BULLDOGS sticker on the window, all red/white and black, just so you know I'm not making this up, and in the front seat behind the steering wheel, was this beefy ole boy, shaved head and nifty mustache to boot, with his finger about 1/2 inch in his nose, pulling out the prize and tasting the marinade, as I watched.

PART TWO
YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS BOY AS WELL. YOU ALSO SUPPORT THE CARTHAGE BULLDOGS.

PART THREE
LASTLY, YOU MUST PICK AND EAT YOUR BOOGERS.

But I'm sure you're really quick about it and show A LOT of athletic ability as you do so! NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!

Bullaholic
12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
Okay, so just so I understand and am CLEAR on this...You saw Dangerfield beat Celina, and then you saw Carthage beat Gilmer, AND THUS, by your token East Texas intellect, Carthage is faster and will beat Celina. OH AND YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS HOMER.

OKAY I get it and submit this as additional information, using your same logic:

PART ONE
I was in a rather large East Texas town
last week at a stop light. I looked over and BIG AS ALL GET OUT was a van, with a huge CARTHAGE BULLDOGS sticker on the window, all red/white and black, just so you know I'm not making this up, and in the front seat behind the steering wheel, was this beefy ole boy, shaved head and nifty mustache to boot, with his finger about 1/2 inch in his nose, pulling out the prize and tasting the marinade, as I watched.

PART TWO
YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS BOY AS WELL. YOU ALSO SUPPORT THE CARTHAGE BULLDOGS.

PART THREE
LASTLY, YOU MUST PICK AND EAT YOUR BOOGERS.

But I'm sure you're really quick about it and show A LOT of athletic ability as you do so! NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!

Forgive me East Texas folk---I shouldn't laugh at this post, but I can't see my screen right now for the tears in my eyes.....:D
Maybe it was the "tasting the marinade" part that just got to me.

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Forgive me East Texas folk---I shouldn't laugh at this post, but I can't see my screen right now for the tears in my eyes.....:D
Maybe it was the "tasting the marinade" part that just got to me.

that was the phrase that did it for me also:clap: :clap:

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Genetics like those that produced Adrian Peterson and Earl Campbell?

Maybe genetics like the boy on the front porch of deliverance.

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by c bobcats run
Maybe genetics like the boy on the front porch of deliverance.
Actually, THAT IS THE PERFECT COMBINATION FOR HIS ADRIAN PETERSON AND EARL CAMPBELL MUTATION! THE GUY WOULD HAVE TO RUN FAST AND KNOW HOW TO PLAY A BANJO!!!!

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Not to unlike Celina fans on Smoaky! You could switch the East Texas and Celina and it would also work.

Example of Celina poster on Smoaky

"NOW THAT IS FUNNY STUFF.
YOU GUYS KEEP PUTTING FAT HEADS ON THE WALL
CELINA WILL KEEP PUTTING STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHIES ON THE WALL.
NOT GONNA RUN ON THIS 10-1
EVERYONE THINKS THEY CAN MEAT IT....ASK THE OTHER 500 TEAMS THAT HAVE TRIED
CARTHAGE WON'T SCORE 20 POINTS IN THIS GAME
CELINA HAS 20+ AT THE HALF"

Don't see much difference, but I don't have on Orange goggles

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I want to ask a question for those that have seen Carthage play lately. If you had to stop Carthage's offense, how would you do it?

loyalleopard
12-15-2008, 07:59 PM
East, West, North, South, Central........... Who Cares! The BEST High School Football is in this Great State, TEXAS. Hands down.
Congrats and Good Luck to all of the teams who have lived a dream this year.

oldtownag
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I want to ask a question for those that have seen Carthage play lately. If you had to stop Carthage's offense, how would you do it? I suggest you lay down in the first half so they put the 2nd team in early!

mistanice
12-15-2008, 08:21 PM
I want to ask a question for those that have seen Carthage play lately. If you had to stop Carthage's offense, how would you do it?

I think your question should be, how would one SLOW down their offense. Cuz so far it hasn't been stopped.

bobcat1
Originally posted by oldtownag
I suggest you lay down in the first half so they put the 2nd team in early! Awesome insight! Thanks for sharing.

bobcat1
Originally posted by mistanice
I think your question should be, how would one SLOW down their offense. Cuz so far it can't be stopped. Okay i'll bite.

mistanice
12-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Okay i'll bite.

give some of the star players a virus, seems like some of them had to come out of the game vs Gilmer to throw up on the sidelines. that's all i got

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 08:32 PM

same as most offenses

Slow down the run without having to bring safeties up..If you have to bring them up Carthage has WRs that can beat ya

any offense like Carthagr, your going to give up some big plays, just have to eliminate them as much as you can and get some turnovers

This is the best all around offense IMO Celina will see

OrangeChamps
12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Just made it over to Smoaky. WOW!! For those that believe the downlow is at times a little deragatory think again. Those guys are serious about ET, all others beware.

If Carthage doesn't win, crow is going to be the next endangered species!

jambo67
12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
When a team is gunning for their NINTH State Championship you'd better have your stuff wired tight if you have any hope of winning. When you grow up watching State play-off games playing in one is aint as big a deal, and winning one is expected. And winning the Big One is everything. Permian calls it MOJO Celina just does it.

WOS87
12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
How could you leave off and forget about Tatum as a successful East Texas program? 3 State Championships.

Ummm... I know Tatum won a 3A title in 2005 and a 2A title in 2006 but when did they win a 3rd championship???

Perhaps you are forgetting that they lost to Farmersville (Collin County neighbor to Celina coincidentally) in the 2007 finals....

WOS87
12-16-2008, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Just made it over to Smoaky. WOW!! For those that believe the downlow is at times a little deragatory think again. Those guys are serious about ET, all others beware.

Now you know how the WO-S posters felt two weeks ago

coachkiss
12-16-2008, 09:27 AM

No, it won't be. It's funny how they just disappear. After last year's finals, when East Texas didn't fare so well as a region, it was a ghost town over there. If you point out their lack of showing up to take their lumps, they call you classless.

Now that I think about it, I will have to put up another post on what to do when you beat the ET team.

ctown
12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
That Smoaky board is full of ....Well I can't really say. They don't want to hear anything but how they are gonna roll. If you talk anything else they start yellin Dangerfield beat yall, you ain't got a chance. Git off du track, da train is a comin....

I am not posting over there anymore until after the game. It's kinda like going to the zoo and having some fun with the animals. You enjoy for a while and then you remember they just aren't capable of any meaningful exchange.

:crazy: :twitch:

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
No kidding, it's actually kinda funny. Everytime anyone says a word about Celina even having a chance, boom, boom, boom. Game over, you suck, don't show up, no chance, we invented football, our RB is the offspring of Hercules and Wonder Woman.

Hats off to them if they win, but I pity them if they don't. They will have failed in their single purpose in life once again.

purring kitty
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
You'd do that too if you lived in East Texas and that's all you had to brag about. That irrational thinking won't help the team win the game. If they can beat Celina, more power to them, but that's what they are gonna have to do.

Purrrrr...............................

purring kitty
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
If they are nasty over on that other site, why don't we just don't post over there and make them come over here to strut their stuff. Ignoring is the sweetest revenge.

Purrrrrr....................................

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Who ever enjoyed victory by backing down or giving up?

waterboy
12-16-2008, 12:42 PM
No, it won't be. It's funny how they just disappear. After last year's finals, when East Texas didn't fare so well as a region, it was a ghost town over there. If you point out their lack of showing up to take their lumps, they call you classless.

Now that I think about it, I will have to put up another post on what to do when you beat the ET team.
Hey! I showed up and ate my crow, as did all the Gilmer posters. I was plucking feathers out of my teeth for a couple of weeks. Being inexperienced in eating crow, and with nobody telling me to PLUCK them suckas first, I was picking feathers out of my teeth for nearly a month!:D Some of the others came back to get their helping, too, even though they weren't from Gilmer. There were a couple of BIG talkers that didn't, but it's the same on any forum, especially with those that don't have a vested interest in the teams involved. Classless are those that can dish out BS, but are too thin-skinned to take it. That's NOT the case for most of us.:twitch:

gatordaze
12-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Redistributed as a Service of the National Library for the Environment*

The East Texas Black Crow:
Future Endangered Species?

M. Lynne Corn 1
Specialist in Natural Resources Policy
Environment and Natural Resources Policy Division

December 16, 2008

94-534 ENR

SUMMARY
The East Texas Black Crow was listed in December 2008 as a candidate species (Category 2) for possible future listing under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) throughout its range in the United States. Category 2 species are those for which there are not adequate data to justify a listing proposal under ESA at that time. According to many experts, decline of the crow may be due, at least in part, to East Texas Football fans forced consumption, but other causes are also widely cited. Some fear that listing the species could further reduce boastful sports fans in other States.

COMMON NAMES: East Texas Black Crow, Crow

SCIENTIFIC NAME: Accipiter gentilis. Many scientists recognize 12 subspecies of the black crow, 3 of them in North America: A.g. apache, A.g. laingi, and A.g. atricapillus.

CURRENT RANGE: Piney wooded areas all around the Eastern half of Texas. The three East Texas species are found in the following areas: A.g. Carthage, Pleasant Grove and Kennadale Texas which, during winter, expands its range substantially as non-East Texas teams win and can be adopted by the East Texas fanbase.

LEGAL STATUS: The species is a Candidate (Category 2) for listing under the ESA throughout its range in North America (56 FR 58804).

HABITAT: East Texas Black Crows are found in piney wooded forests. They nest on horizontal branches of trees (e.g., birch, beech, juniper, pine, spruce, and fir) often close to roads, swamps, or other forest openings.

PRINCIPAL AFFECTED FEDERAL AGENCIES: Bureau of Land Management (BLM), U.S. Forest Service, and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS).

MAJOR THREATS: A variety of experts point to numerous threats. These include: Average East Texas football teams mistaken belief that they area actually small college teams and can dominate any High School team from the other regions of the state. This belief causes them to boast unmercifully for up to a full week prior to them being eliminated by a smaller less athletic opponent. The practice of being forced to consume the birds as a testimate to the boasters inaccurate claims has caused a run on the once plentiful species.

BACKGROUND: Crow are one of the largest of North America's crap birds, ranging from 6-10 inches long with a wingspan of 18-20 inches. This bird has short, rounded wings and a long tail. Such adaptations permit the bird to maneuver rapidly through dense cover in pursuit of garbage. (Some biologists call the crow the "catfish of the bird world.") East Texas Black Crows typically feed on dead animals with propensity for lame Bulldogs. They have no fear of Bobcats as they are indigestible to the Bobcat system.

References

1 Under the supervision of M. Lynne Corn, Cynthia Marcum, B.Sc. candidate at Bowling Green State University, researched and contributed to this report.

CRS Reports Home

purring kitty
12-16-2008, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gatordaze
[B]Redistributed as a Service of the National Library for the Environment*

The East Texas Black Crow:
Future Endangered Species?

M. Lynne Corn 1
Specialist in Natural Resources Policy
Environment and Natural Resources Policy Division

December 16, 2008

94-534 ENR

SUMMARY
The East Texas Black Crow was listed in December 2008 as a candidate species (Category 2) for possible future listing under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) throughout its range in the United States. Category 2 species are those for which there are not adequate data to justify a listing proposal under ESA at that time. According to many experts, decline of the crow may be due, at least in part, to East Texas Football fans forced consumption, but other causes are also widely cited. Some fear that listing the species could further reduce boastful sports fans in other States.

Gatordaze --
Good one.........

waterboy
12-16-2008, 03:03 PM
My question is: will you Celina folks be back to eat some crow if y'all are wrong? Earlier in the year, when y'all lost to Daingerfield, some of y'all came back, but made excuses as to why y'all lost, and most would not even acknowledge that you just plain got beat. That's NOT eating the crow.....so to speak, that's just plain whining. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.:thinking: If y'all do lose this one, I fully EXPECT y'all to come back on and eat off the "crow buffet". If you don't..........:thmbdwn:

By the way, I've DEFINITELY ate my fair share, and suffice it to say, I don't like it, either!:D But,...........I'm still here, and will continue to be as long as the mods will let me.:D

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Right on brother!!! Preach on.

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
My question is: will you Celina folks be back to eat some crow if y'all are wrong? Earlier in the year, when y'all lost to Daingerfield, some of y'all came back, but made excuses as to why y'all lost, and most would not even acknowledge that you just plain got beat. That's NOT eating the crow.....so to speak, that's just plain whining. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.:thinking: If y'all do lose this one, I fully EXPECT y'all to come back on and eat off the "crow buffet". If you don't..........:thmbdwn:

By the way, I've DEFINITELY ate my fair share, and suffice it to say, I don't like it, either!:D But,...........I'm still here, and will continue to be as long as the mods will let me.:D

I don't enjoy "eating crow" or especially, looking foolish. That is why you never see me predict anything. I just try to enjoy some good point/counterpoint discussion, with the occasional dose of wit/humor thrown in to help pass the time before the game.

It really amazes me that some feel the need to talk "smack" and try to predict what everyone knows is unpredictable. Can't we just discuss the game and what we think might happen, supported by something resembling logic, without all the bravado?

waterboy
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't enjoy "eating crow" or especially, looking foolish. That is why you never see me predict anything. I just try to enjoy some good point/counterpoint discussion, with the occasional dose of wit/humor thrown in to help pass the time before the game.

It really amazes me that some feel the need to talk "smack" and try to predict what everyone knows is unpredictable. Can't we just discuss the game and what we think might happen, supported by something resembling logic, without all the bravado?
What's WRONG with a little bravado??:confused: How else are you gonna get to know people from other areas of the state? I feel bravado with ANYONE who can take it as well as they can dish it out! It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T! A wise man once said, "The true measure of a man cannot be shown by the way he reacts to winning alone, but also by the grace, or lack thereof, he shows when he loses." In my opinion, the rules should be the same for BOTH teams involved............and yes, that includes those from CELINA! If you can talk the talk, walk the walk! That means admitting defeat if it happens!

ctown
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
seems like all the Glimer peoples just kind of faded away last year after they got whipped. As far as I'm concerned, yall are just some gabby coat tail riders this year. Seems like yall just popped up this past week. Come watch the game, have fun and go home.

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
What's WRONG with a little bravado??:confused: How else are you gonna get to know people from other areas of the state? I feel bravado with ANYONE who can take it as well as they can dish it out! It's called R-E-S-P-E-C-T! A wise man once said, "The true measure of a man cannot be shown by the way he reacts to winning alone, but also by the grace, or lack thereof, he shows when he loses." In my opinion, the rules should be the same for BOTH teams involved............and yes, that includes those from CELINA! If you can talk the talk, walk the walk! That means admitting defeat if it happens!

We just disagree I guess overall, though I completely agree with you on being able to win and lose with grace. I've said this before, but apparently you haven't seen it so here goes: respect everyone and fear noone. I just feel it is disrespectful to your opponent to VERBALIZE or make public statements that belittle them and predict the outcome of the game is a foregone conclusion. Now you can think you are going to win and discuss it in practice with teamates and coaches, that's called confidence. But I think confidence should be quiet. Again, my opinion only, but what I have tried to teach my kids.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by ctown
seems like all the Glimer peoples just kind of faded away last year after they got whipped. As far as I'm concerned, yall are just some gabby coat tail riders this year. Seems like yall just popped up this past week. Come watch the game, have fun and go home.
There will be a large contingency there from Gilmer and EAST TEXAS. We plan to "watch the game, have fun and go home" but you know what I am going to really be intereted in seeing --- the looks on the faces of the Celina fans in the stands when they get to witness the Carthage Bulldogs putting on a show Celina will never forget.

ctown
12-16-2008, 04:01 PM

Are you from Gilmer or Carthage? You talk about two teams and yet you're not from either. All these pile on people are fun but the people who bear the responsibility of eating anything are the people from the loosing team community. As for the rest of ya, you're just someone who got beat and want to feel like you're still plying for something by jawboning with the folks who have a team in the hunt.

HHOOOOWWEEEEE!!! Git of du tracks! Trains a'cummin. Yeeehhhhaaaawwww! That's more their speed from the smoaky peeps.

waterboy
12-16-2008, 04:05 PM
:thinking: Seems to me you are only on here when Celina is winning, because if you were on here any other time you would KNOW that I'm on here year-round, and have been posting every weekday. Where were you over the past few months?:thinking: If you were on HERE you would know that!

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Let me ask you Celina fans something

Why does it bother you that on a EAST TEXAS website, Carthage and East Texas fans are chest thumping and saying Carthage is going to roll and all that?

IMO that is like their house and they are just talking amongst themself, most full of bull( and will admit it after game if Carthage is beat)

They are not doing it on a state board, or a Celina board, but again on their OWN regional board.

Alot of you are also jumping over there late and dont know the attitude of that group..They talk all kinds of smack and at times sounds downright mean, but after the game come back together and have nothing but respect. They are HAVING FUN spouting off

Like is said so much on this board by these mods..if it truly bothers you, just simply DONT go to that site

Instead you all make these snide little jokes about the education level of East Texans and fun little booger picker jokes( it was funny)...So basically your doing the same thing your pissed that they are doing.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Easy waterboy. You got to remember the Celina faithful are a little jaded and have selective memory.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:09 PM

Why does it bother you that on a EAST TEXAS website, Carthage and East Texas fans are chest thumping and saying Carthage is going to roll and all that?

IMO that is like their house and they are just talking amongst themself, most full of bull( and will admit it after game if Carthage is beat)

They are not doing it on a state board, or a Celina board, but again on their OWN regional board.

Alot of you are also jumping over there late and dont know the attitude of that group..They talk all kinds of smack and at times sounds downright mean, but after the game come back together and have nothing but respect. They are HAVING FUN spouting off

Like is said so much on this board by these mods..if it truly bothers you, just simply DONT go to that site

Instead you all make these snide little jokes about the education level of East Texans and fun little booger picker jokes( it was funny)...So basically your doing the same thing your pissed that they are doing.

What a great post and so true.

waterboy
12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Are you from Gilmer or Carthage? You talk about two teams and yet you're not from either. All these pile on people are fun but the people who bear the responsibility of eating anything are the people from the loosing team community. As for the rest of ya, you're just someone who got beat and want to feel like you're still plying for something by jawboning with the folks who have a team in the hunt.

HHOOOOWWEEEEE!!! Git of du tracks! Trains a'cummin. Yeeehhhhaaaawwww! That's more their speed from the smoaky peeps.
I am from Gilmer, in EAST TEXAS, and proud of it! Honestly, I don't care who wins, but it's hard to root for people who constantly belittle others from other parts of the state. Insults come a dime a dozen, but when you put all of us in the same basket, expect us to pull together against the instigator of the insults. Don't throw insults out there and not expect them in return. So far I haven't insulted ANYONE, but I can't say that about some of the rest of you..........but, I digress........:thinking:

I don't mind telling ya I think Carthage will win, but I don't KNOW that! And some of the Carthage folks on Smoaky don't really know how to talk true smack, which by definition is good-natured ribbing (according to the "Commissioner" of the Smack Talkers Guild of America :D ), but you'll have to overlook their inexperience because of the simple fact that they are NEW to winning. Don't be so thin-skinned, and take it with a grain of salt just like everyone else. You'd think that people from Celina would be able to smack talk, being as they are SO experienced with winning and all......:thinking:

ctown
12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Look out!!! Train's a coming! Get off the Tracks!!!

That's about the best response you're getting over there right now if you like Celina. I just think it's funny and pitiful that two Gilmer gabbers are doing the representing for Carthage over here. We've been hearing about every week how we ain't nobody and we ain't seen nothin yet. Well you haven't seen anything. You don't know what you're talking about. You don't have a clue what's in store for you--oops sorry you're team's not playing.

That all sounds really stupid to you doesn't it? Well, you can see now that you sound really stupid to alot folks with your silly little nudge, nudge, wink, wink eT solidarity comments. Again, you're just a couple coat tail riders who think you have to defend Carthage to everyone else. Why don't you get that "TRAINS COMING" guy to get on over here so we can add some more stupid posts to this thread. At least he's from Carthage.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM

That's about the best response you're getting over there right now if you like Celina. I just think it's funny and pitiful that two Gilmer gabbers are doing the representing for Carthage over here. We've been hearing about every week how we ain't nobody and we ain't seen nothin yet. Well you haven't seen anything. You don't know what you're talking about. You don't have a clue what's in store for you--oops sorry you're team's not playing.

That all sounds really stupid to you doesn't it? Well, you can see now that you sound really stupid to alot folks with your silly little nudge, nudge, wink, wink eT solidarity comments. Again, you're just a couple coat tail riders who think you have to defend Carthage to everyone else. Why don't you get that "TRAINS COMING" guy to get on over here so we can add some more stupid posts to this thread. At least he's from Carthage.

Who are the coat tail riders?

waterboy
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM

You really don't get it, do you? This is all you got? I'm beginning to see that you Celina folks are getting worried. I'm not one of those little pansies that will come on here and talk it up with you, or anyone else, and not have the cahones to come back and "discuss" the outcome, whether I liked the way it came out or not. You are just showing me, and everyone else on here, what kind of person you are. Why don't you come back AFTER this game like the rest of us, whether you win or lose............with NO excuses if you do lose?

MN95
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM

TB, I will respond to you because I enjoy (mostly) posting on the site and have even stayed in contact weekly with a Dfield fan since meeting him and his buddies at our game in Celina.

You raise a good point here, but they are not just talking amongst themselves, there are other fans there, myself included, wanting to talk about the game. I do know what I am in for when I go, but it's kind of like going to a garage sale. You have to sift through lots of crap to find anything worth your visit.

Regarding the snide comments. I think it's fair to say there are snide comments both ways.

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Who are the coat tail riders? Try to keep up Txb...Gilmer fans are coat tail riders and so am I since my team was knocked out a few weeks back. Guess we aren't allowed to just be a FAN of the game and post our opinion. Shame on us!

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 04:39 PM

MAAAAANNNNN. C'mon Tx, I've always liked and respected you, misplaced loyalties and all :devil:

IT WAS JUST A JOKE!

I don't go over to Smoaky. I went over there once. They scare me. I came back here. You people scare me too but I figure I gotta face my fears somewhere and I decided to dance with the one who brought me:)

And I'm not pissed. I mean I do get pissy but that's a gender thing for goshsakes. I'm not actually angered by anything they say. Oh I think some of it is hyperbole, and unfounded bologna, just as with us, but I aint madatcha:kiss:

MN95
12-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Easy waterboy. You got to remember the Celina faithful are a little jaded and have selective memory.

Well, we might have selective memory. But I don't think we are the only ones. We continually hear that Celina can't beat East Texas teams. Well, Rixey recently posted on Smoaky's site that our all time playoff record versus East Texas teams is 17-2-1 since 1974.

If that's not selective memory, I don't know what is.

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Instead you all make these snide little jokes about the education level of East Texans and fun little booger picker jokes( it was funny)...So basically your doing the same thing your pissed that they are doing. It don't bother me Terry. WGAC what they think. Friday at 11pm we should know what happened. ;)

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 04:45 PM
It don't bother me Terry. WGAC what they think. Friday at 11pm we should know what happened. ;) Are ya sure it doesn't bother you just a little bit? C'mon you can tell us. We will understand.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:46 PM

I'm not representing Carthage. I'm just telling you as an unbiased high school football fan who has seen both teams play this year, who I think is going to win. I'm sorry for you that it ain't Celina. And how can you say "we ain't nobody"? There aren't many schools in the state that have the program and the football pedigree that Celina has. I acknowledge that. But that doesn't change my opinion that Carthage is going to win this game. You are the one sounding stupido!

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Smoaky, I will respond to you because I enjoy (mostly) posting on your site and have even stayed in contact weekly with a Dfield fan since meeting him and his buddies at our game in Celina.

You raise a good point here, but they are not just talking amongst themselves, there are other fans there, myself included, wanting to talk about the game. I do know what I am in for when I go, but it's kind of like going to a garage sale. You have to sift through lots of crap to find anything worth your visit.

Regarding the snide comments. I think it's fair to say there are snide comments both ways.

uhhh I am not Smoaky

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are ya sure it doesn't bother you just a little bit? C'mon you can tell us. We will understand. Okay ya got me. The booger pickers bother me. :D

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, we might have selective memory. But I don't think we are the only ones. We continually hear that Celina can't beat East Texas teams. Well, Rixey recently posted on Smoaky's site that our all time playoff record versus East Texas teams is 17-2-1 since 1974.

Ouch! Got me there. No arguing with the stats. Who were the 2 loses to? Daingerfield and Gilmer -- right? Who was the tie to?

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 04:52 PM

Those numbers can't be right. You lost to Daingerfield twice and Gilmer once I know.

waterboy
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Okay ya got me. The booger pickers bother me. :D
I pick boogers alright, but I don't eat them..........I just flick 'em at people I don't like!:D Don't be surprised if somebody from Celina tells ya they got home and found little green dots all over 'em!:D

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:53 PM
MAAAAANNNNN. C'mon Tx, I've always liked and respected you, misplaced loyalties and all :devil:

LOL I dont have any loyalties

I hope my HS does well, but cant say I "root" for them anymore.

I now tend to like the coaches I deal with over what school they coach.

All I want is a good game when I broadcast. I will give my opinion on who I think wins certain games, but never on the game I will broadcast.. I will always simply give my keys for each team to win.

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I pick boogers alright, but I don't eat them..........I just flick 'em at people I don't like!:D Don't be surprised if somebody from Celina tells ya they got home and found little green dots all over 'em!:D :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

MN95
12-16-2008, 04:56 PM
uhhh I am not Smoaky

My mistake, sorry. I just always assumed that was your picture on the site. How about if I edit it for you?

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
My mistake, sorry. How about if I edit it for you?

LOL I dont care..just dont want anyone thinking I am someone I am not.

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 04:57 PM
Those numbers can't be right. You lost to Daingerfield twice and Gilmer once I know.

I believe it was playoff record.

MN95
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Ouch! Got me there. No arguing with the stats. Who were the 2 loses to? Daingerfield and Gilmer -- right? Who was the tie to?

I think it was Big Sandy in the 74 title game?

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM

it clearly states in the post of my smoaky post that this is playoff record only (the only one that really matters)

1974-Big Sandy 0-0 (the only non-win, i believe) during their incredible run)

and then our first 2 years in 3A, as the smallest team in the class

2002-Daingerfield 20-21 (semifinalist)
2003-Gilmer 22-45 (quarterfinalist)
---------------------------------------
1974-Big Sandy 0-0
1995-Alto 32-28
1998-Grand Saline 27-9
1998-Elysian Fields 21-0
1999-Grand Saline 42-0
1999-Elysian Fields 38-7
2000-Cooper 41-14
2001-Garrison 41-35
2002-Quinlan Ford 46-14
2002-Daingerfield 20-21
2003-Commerce 28-14
2003-Gilmer 22-45
2005-Dekalb 53-7
2005-Omaha/Naples Paul Pewitt 28-12
2006-Canton 35-6
2006-Brownsboro 35-14
2007-Emory Rains 48-6
2007-Pittsburg 50-23
2008-Pleasant Grove 54?-21
2008-Kaufman 50-6

17-2-1 since 1974 (we didn't play any true east texas teams for a good long while)

MN95
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
LOL I dont care..just dont want anyone thinking I am someone I am not.

So, that's not your picture with the headset on?

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
So, that's not your picture with the headset on?

NO

That is David Smoak..My name is Terry Bennett

MN95
12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it clearly states in the post of my smoaky post that this is playoff record only (the only one that really matters)

Rixey, I hope you don't mind me using your information. I did not however want to just copy your post. You may want to do that.

MN95
12-16-2008, 05:06 PM
NO

Wow, everything I thought I was ever right about is now a question in my mind. Maybe my mom was wrong, maybe I am really NOT so handsome and special after all................ :(

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow, everything I thought I was ever right about is now a question in my mind. Maybe my mom was wrong, maybe I am really NOT so handsome and special after all................ :(

LOL not sure how it came to be you even thought I was Smoaky
I have the exact same user name there as I do here

MN95
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
LOL not sure how it came to be you even thought I was Smoaky
I have the exact same user name there as I do here

Well, you were a broadcaster who was always talking about East Texas so I just made that connection in my mind. Scary huh?

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Rixey, I hope you don't mind me using your information. I did not however want to just copy your post. You may want to do that.

:)

you're a fellow bobcat------it'd take a lot more than that for me to care!:D

i'm just glad someone found my research useful!

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, you were a broadcaster who was always talking about East Texas so I just made that connection in my mind. Scary huh?

LOL

Just from East Texas is all

at one point I was one of the FEW and I mean FEW East Texans on here so anytime East Texas talk began I usually just gave the info I knew

Bullaholic
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM
NO

Dang, TXB---you messed up a real chance to do some broken-field running using all the wild abandon you want in these threads---you should have given them G2's real name. That way when they came to the broadcast booth wanting to get up close and personal they would ask for him and you could point him out. :D

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:12 PM

---------------------------------------
1974-Big Sandy 0-0
1995-Alto 32-28
1998-Grand Saline 27-9
1998-Elysian Fields 21-0
1999-Grand Saline 42-0
1999-Elysian Fields 38-7
2000-Cooper 41-14
2001-Garrison 41-35
2002-Quinlan Ford 46-14
2002-Daingerfield 20-21
2003-Commerce 28-14
2003-Gilmer 22-45
2005-Dekalb 53-7
2005-Omaha/Naples Paul Pewitt 28-12
2006-Canton 35-6
2006-Brownsboro 35-14
2007-Emory Rains 48-6
2007-Pittsburg 50-23
2008-Pleasant Grove 54?-21
2008-Kaufman 50-6

17-2-1 since 1974 (we didn't play any true east texas teams for a good long while)

When da heck did Kaufman become East Texas?..even Rains is on the very border edge of being East Texas

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dang, TXB---you messed up a real chance to do some broken-field running using all the wild abandon you want in these threads---you should have given them G2's real name. That way when they came to the broadcast booth wanting to get up close and personal they would ask for him and you could point him out. :D

Everyone knows G2's real name

Johnny Big Butt Lover

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
When da heck did Kaufman become East Texas?..even Rains is on the very border edge of being East Texas

if you wouldn't draw the line there, then where?

i generally use east of mesquite as a guideline, but it is harder to draw the border as you go north

by the way, will we be able to meet ya'll in the press box at the state game?

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:15 PM

i generally use east of mesquite as a guideline, but it is harder to draw the border as you go north

IMO

Anything West of Terrell is getting out of East Texas and into North Texas

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:16 PM

by the way, will we be able to meet ya'll in the press box at the state game?

not unless u have a press pas

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 05:17 PM

but, but you are CELINA! it shouldn't matter if you are the smallest class....i hope that wasn't an excuse? :confused: :taunt: :devil:

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 05:26 PM
but, but you are CELINA! it shouldn't matter if you are the smallest class....i hope that wasn't an excuse? :confused: :taunt: :devil:

:devil:

of course it wasn't an excuse---it was a brag!

:cool:

btw, will you be at the game? no more midlothian stadium rules, so i should see you there, right?

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 05:30 PM
And we get accussed of gerrymandering.
I think of East Texas starting from Canton and coming back to the Louisiana line.

pirate4state
12-16-2008, 05:32 PM
:devil:

of course it wasn't an excuse---it was a brag!

:cool:

btw, will you be at the game? no more midlothian stadium rules, so i should see you there, right?

you were bragging about losing? NICE! :clap:

I am still debating about whether or not to come to this game. It's a 6 hour drive for me on a Friday! :eek: I'd have to take the day off and my boss is going duck hunting, so I'm not real sure that's gonna fly. haha :D

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 05:36 PM
It will be a whale of a game. Me thinks it would be well worth your time.

Bullaholic
12-16-2008, 05:40 PM
If the truth were told, I think the determination of a team's Regional geographical location is determined largely by a good or bad W-L record. :D

charlesrixey
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
you were bragging about losing? NICE! :clap:

of course

we win or lose with STYLE!

:p

(opening myself up for all sorts of goodies with that one, but it's okay)

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 05:49 PM

Facts are facts...win or lose this week (or any playoff week for that matter) Celina is smaller numbers wise.

There is a huge difference between the enrollments this week...FACT.

FACT... if you have more kids to choose from, you should have more and better athletes.

FACT...not one single person from Celina will use that as an excuse, especially the coaches and players. Our young men will play their guts out.

FACT...Celina as a whole will embrace our young men, regardless of the outcome.

OPINION...Carthage is a good team worthy of their standing.

FACT...Bring a lunch pail if you plan on rolling this bunch of Bobcats. It is a battle tested, humble (losing a couple games will do that to you) TEAM who absolutely will not quit on one another.

Can't wait. Go Bobcats.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Facts are facts...win or lose this week (or any playoff week for that matter) Celina is smaller numbers wise.

There is a huge difference between the enrollments this week...FACT.

FACT... if you have more kids to choose from, you should have more and better athletes.

FACT...not one single person from Celina will use that as an excuse, especially the coaches and players. Our young men will play their guts out.

FACT...Celina as a whole will embrace our young men, regardless of the outcome.

OPINION...Carthage is a good team worthy of their standing.

FACT...Bring a lunch pail if you plan on rolling this bunch of Bobcats. It is a battle tested, humble (losing a couple games will do that to you) TEAM who absolutely will not quit on one another.

Can't wait. Go Bobcats.

HAHAHAHA

amazes me..All the so called FACTS are for Celina..the one for Carthage is not LOL

Carthage is playing in a State Title Game..That IMO hows they are worthy of their so called standing

coachc45
12-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Dang man... Look what you started on here.... a Freaking Border War! LOL. I also realize it was all tongue and cheek!

To address all this....shouldn't Collin County win all these state games? The advantages are all there. Money, access to the best training facilities, short drive to personal trainers, move-ins, parents who have time to be active in summer programs. Everything is in their favor.

In East Texas our industries are drying up, people are moving out as fast as they can get out to get to the jobs in North Texas. We are at a disadvantage to ya'll in every way possible. It is a testament to the East Texas attitude and spirit that we are still as competitive as we are. We should be proud. To think that teams here are still as competitive as we are despite the things we don't have.... it is why we like to brag.

On a side note, you have to admit that in person ET fans aren't all that bad. Not one Daingerfield fan pummeled you when you walked up in the stands decked out in all that Orange in '02!!!

MN95
12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by coachc45
To address all this....shouldn't Collin County win all these state games? The advantages are all there. Money, access to the best training facilities, short drive to personal trainers, move-ins, parents who have time to be active in summer programs. Everything is in their favor.

Have you ever been to Celina? If so, you would know that the Collin County you describe above may apply to parts of Plano and Frisco. But that's not Celina. Which is one of the reasons we moved our family from Plano over 4 years ago.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Have you ever been to Celina? If so, you would know that the Collin County you describe above may apply to parts of Plano and Frisco. But that's not Celina. Which is one of the reasons we moved our family from Plano over 4 years ago.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Which is why we moved our family from Grapevine. :2thumbsup

coachc45
12-16-2008, 08:56 PM

I coached in Little Elm for 5 years. Coach Kiss is one of the best friends I've ever had, been to his house countless times. I Lived in Frisco. Know it very well.

I guess you missed the short drive part? I didn't say Celina has all that, I said a "short drive". Isn't Celina just a short drive from Frisco, Plano, McKinney..... ? And the 2 of ya'll prove the ol' move-in point don't ya think.
But let's go a step farther, shall we. How long has Celina had an indoor workout facility? No one in East Texas has one that I know of.
How many people that live in Celina work in Celina? It is a growing suburban area with all the emenities that come with it.

Don't go talking like Celina is some Podunk-Hick town.... us East Texas people have the market cornered on that!

MN95
12-16-2008, 09:00 PM
I coached in Little Elm for 5 years. Coach Kiss is one of the best friends I've ever had, been to his house countless times. I Lived in Frisco. Know it very well.

I guess you missed the short drive part? I didn't say Celina has all that, I said a "short drive". Isn't Celina just a short drive from Frisco, Plano, McKinney..... ?

But let's go a step farther, shall we. How long has Celina had an indoor workout facility? No one in East Texas has one that I know of.
How many people that live in Celina work in Celina? It is a growing suburban area with all the emenities that come with it.

Don't go talking like Celina is some Podunk-Hick town.... us East Texas people have the market cornered on that!

OK, I'll concede on the short drive, but the demographics are completely different. So, even though it is a short drive, most don't have the disposable income for personal trainers and the like. Regarding the indoor facility, I think that speaks more to the commitment by our QB Club and lots of people giving a little versus some other, more affluent areas of Collin County.

coachc45
12-16-2008, 09:04 PM
OK, I'll concede on the short drive, but the demographics are completely different. So, even though it is a short drive, most don't have the disposable income for personal trainers and the like. Regarding the indoor facility, I think that speaks more to the commitment by our QB Club and lots of people giving a little versus some other, more affluent areas of Collin County.

Shall we look up the per capita income of celina as compared to Carthage?

I know ya'll in Celina like to think ya'll aren't a part of the metro- mess, but dang dude.... until you've lived in the sticks you really don't know where the sticks are. Celina is no longer in the sticks. Maybe in 95 but not in 08.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 09:13 PM

I know this wasn't the point you were trying to make in your posts. Texas High has an indoor facility, Kilgore, North Lamar, Tatum is building one and I'm sure there are more I don't know of. Oh, Paris will have one when they finish their new HS that they start on after the 1st of the year.

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Depends on your point of view. In your opinion, Celina may be more city than sticks. To people in Dallas, Plano, and Frisco, Celina is still the sticks. Yea there have been a lot of move-ins, but all in all, Celina still has that small-town, out of the metroplex feel.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 09:17 PM
You know I agree with what MN is saying, most people here can't afford, especially in this economy, personal trainers, etc, etc and in an earlier post I went on about the community here, which I believe is what created that indoor facility not some large cash sum given by a rich land tycoon. However, since you said I prove the move in part, I'll say this as well:

My son came home from school his freshman year, a starter both ways at a very large 5A school, and told me that his friends, kids I had known 8 years (we had lived there that long) were doing drugs, drinking, etc etc. He wanted to be some place he wouldn't be made fun of for not wanting those things. My husband had just changed his job and we started looking in this area because of that. It was my visit with the principal and school counselor that made our decision to move here definitive. Coach Ford blew me away with his humility and we had high hopes for our son. however, he has never been and wont be a starter in Celina. Which is why and what that MOVE IN theory is based on. You know what, that's not easy for us, for my son especially, but I will tell you his character is secure and that is in part because of the people and tradition of Celina, not because of the money that surrounds us or the workout facilities or personal trainers or Starbucks. I prove exactly what I have always said, Celina is a wonderful place to raise kiddos, football or no, starter or no, personal trainers or no, and my son is living proof of that.

orange machine
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
:clap: great post.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Celina still has that small-town, out of the metroplex feel.

Kind of like East Texas...yet some from Celina were making fun of the type pf people in East Texas(joke or not)

The few times I have been in Celina if had the feel of an East Texan town, which I enjoyed

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Kind of like East Texas...yet some from Celina were making fun of the type pf people in East Texas(joke or not)

The few times I have been in Celina if had the feel of an East Texan town, which I enjoyed

Okay, so I was making fun. I know, bad, bad, bad, CelinaProud. Look, I can make fun. Lived in Tyler, in a lovely trailer park, with my single mother until I was 17. Cut a girl some slack because I know whatof I speak.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 09:27 PM
And then we lived in Sulphur Springs, which smells like cow manure God bless em, for another year. I know the subject matter boys and girls. How do you think I knew the Carthage colors?

coachc45
12-16-2008, 09:32 PM
You know I agree with what MN is saying, most people here can't afford, especially in this economy, personal trainers, etc, etc and in an earlier post I went on about the community here, which I believe is what created that indoor facility not some large cash sum given by a rich land tycoon. However, since you said I prove the move in part, I'll say this as well:

My son came home from school his freshman year, a starter both ways at a very large 5A school, and told me that his friends, kids I had known 8 years (we had lived there that long) were doing drugs, drinking, etc etc. He wanted to be some place he wouldn't be made fun of for not wanting those things. My husband had just changed his job and we started looking in this area because of that. It was my visit with the principal and school counselor that made our decision to move here definitive. Coach Ford blew me away with his humility and we had high hopes for our son. however, he has never been and wont be a starter in Celina. Which is why and what that MOVE IN theory is based on. You know what, that's not easy for us, for my son especially, but I will tell you his character is secure and that is in part because of the people and tradition of Celina, not because of the money that surrounds us or the workout facilities or personal trainers or Starbucks. I prove exactly what I have always said, Celina is a wonderful place to raise kiddos, football or no, starter or no, personal trainers or no, and my son is living proof of that.

I don't know where all this stuff comes from..... what did I ever say to get this "Whoa is me" stuff from Celina people? I just made a point that Collin County, has advantages that East Texas does not have. Sorry I hurt feelings. Answer this, when did I ever say anything to degrade Celina? Heck, I thought I was pointing out the things that make it a great place to live.

I personally think Celina is a Great town. I have enjoyed every visit I have ever had there. Also enjoyed my time living in that area. Sorry to offend.

But my point remains the same. Ya'll don't deal with the problems we do, I've lived in both areas.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know where all this stuff comes from..... what did I ever say to get this "Whoa is me" stuff from Celina people? I just made a point that Collin County, has advantages that East Texas does not have. Sorry I hurt feelings. Answer this, when did I ever say anything to degrade Celina? Heck, I thought I was pointing out the things that make it a great place to live.

I personally think Celina is a Great town. I have enjoyed every visit I have ever had there. Also enjoyed my time living in that area. Sorry to offend.

But my point remains the same. Ya'll don't deal with the problems we do, I've lived in both areas.

I must truly not be able to type properly this week because almost everything I say has been misinterpreted in one manner or another. I never meant to insinuate a woeisme mentality, because that is NOT the way I see Celina, it's people or coaches and I thought I made that clear in the post you quoted. I guess not. So let me just finish with this:

I love this town and wouldn't want to live anywhere else and if we have one thing I can appreciate it is the heart of who we are. You never offended me. I was really just trying to add my two cents which with the stock market continually plummeting are only worth about.0005cents these days:)

coachc45
12-16-2008, 09:55 PM
I must truly not be able to type properly this week because almost everything I say has been misinterpreted in one manner or another. I never meant to insinuate a woeisme mentality, because that is NOT the way I see Celina, it's people or coaches and I thought I made that clear in the post you quoted. I guess not. So let me just finish with this:

I love this town and wouldn't want to live anywhere else and if we have one thing I can appreciate it is the heart of who we are. You never offended me. I was really just trying to add my two cents which with the stock market continually plummeting are only worth about.0005cents these days:)

I agree it is a wonderful town. And not once have I said anything to degrade it. Which is why I was wondering why you and MN95 felt like you needed to defend it.

Everything I say is true. Don't understand why you and MN95 feel like being part of a wonderful town in a great location was a put-down.

But back to my original post, I was talking about Collin County.... not just Celina. Trying to rebute the point my buddy Coachkiss was making..... Collin County is the best football in the state, they should be they got the advantages the rest of us don't have.

coachc45
12-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
I know this wasn't the point you were trying to make in your posts. Texas High has an indoor facility, Kilgore, North Lamar, Tatum is building one and I'm sure there are more I don't know of. Oh, Paris will have one when they finish their new HS that they start on after the 1st of the year.

I stand corrected. I haven't been to Paris/North Lamar area in years. Or Texarkana for that matter. Knew Tatum was about to get one. Missed the one in Kilgore.

coachkiss
12-16-2008, 10:20 PM
I know coachc45, and if there is a guy who knows podunk and hicks, it is this guy.

Celina does have facility advantages over most everyone in the state our size. There are some that are just as good or better, but not many. Facilities make a huge difference.

It makes a difference in the ability to train kids (like they might be practicing indoors today), and it also makes a difference when parents with athletes are looking for a place to move to.

What we have now is nice. What we will have in the future will blow everyone away.

MN95
12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree it is a wonderful town. And not once have I said anything to degrade it. Which is why I was wondering why you and MN95 felt like you needed to defend it.

Everything I say is true. Don't understand why you and MN95 feel like being part of a wonderful town in a great location was a put-down.

But back to my original post, I was talking about Collin County.... not just Celina. Trying to rebute the point my buddy Coachkiss was making..... Collin County is the best football in the state, they should be they got the advantages the rest of us don't have.

Yes, you made a general statement about Collin County based on stereo types of the wealth that exists in CERTAIN PARTS of Collin County. I simply pointed out that Celina could not be compared to the more affluent areas. You then did specifically single out our town (indoor facility, driving distance) and try to justify your
original statement as applying to us. I disagreed again and still do.

coachc45
12-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, you made a general statement about Collin County based on stereo types of the wealth that exists in CERTAIN PARTS of Collin County. I simply pointed out that Celina could not be compared to the more affluent areas. You then did specifically single out our town (indoor facility, driving distance) and try to justify your
original statement as applying to us. I disagreed again and still do.

So you are again saying that Celina is not affluent? May I ask the average property value in Celina?

Dang guy... why are you so defensive about the fact that ya'll live in a great town with great kids, great facilities, and a higher than average mean income? Sounds like you would be proud!!

I refer you to the post directly above yours...... he's lived in Celina his whole life and agrees with me.

;)

MN95
12-16-2008, 10:43 PM
So you are again saying that Celina is not affluent? May I ask the average property value in Celina?

Dang guy... why are you so defensive about the fact that ya'll live in a great town with great kids, great facilities, and a higher than average mean income? Sounds like you would be proud!!

I refer you to the post directly above yours...... he's lived in Celina his whole life and agrees with me.

;)

I am proud, thanks. I don't think I am defensive. Did I say Celina wasn't affluent? No. I said it wasn't as affluent of many parts of Collin County that you originally lumped us in. Affluent is relative. Compared to parts of Plano and Frisco, no we aren't. Maybe compared to Carthage we are. But that isn't what you originally said. How much clearer do I need to be?

Give it a rest. I didn't agree with what you originally said and you are not going to change my mind no matter how many times you try to spin it.

coachc45
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I am proud, thanks. I don't think I am defensive. Did I say Celina wasn't affluent? No. I said it wasn't as affluent of many parts of Collin County that you originally lumped us in. Affluent is relative. Compared to parts of Plano and Frisco, no we aren't. Maybe compared to Carthage we are. But that isn't what you originally said. How much clearer do I need to be?

Give it a rest. I didn't agree with what you originally said and you are not going to change my mind no matter how many times you try to spin it.

The only spinning going on is YOURS!!!! You haven't been clear on anything!

I have not changed anything I've said.

Coachkiss, can you put your dog back on its leash? LOL.

ctown
12-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Over a quarter of Celina students fall into the economically disadvantaged category. There are rich folks and poor folks for sure. The facilities are great for dressing and weights. The indoor practice area is actually quite small and quite frankly, until the last major athletic bond, all facilities for football were built by donation of work and materials by local folks. We don't have oil or industry propping us up. We just support our kids and have a pretty diverse demographic.

eagles_victory
12-20-2008, 01:29 AM

Im sure Xena and Jim Brown are very proud of their son Dwight tonight.

IHStangFan
12-20-2008, 01:55 AM
I know coachc45, and if there is a guy who knows podunk and hicks, it is this guy.

Celina does have facility advantages over most everyone in the state our size. There are some that are just as good or better, but not many. Facilities make a huge difference.

It makes a difference in the ability to train kids (like they might be practicing indoors today), and it also makes a difference when parents with athletes are looking for a place to move to.

What we have now is nice. What we will have in the future will blow everyone away. so.....what happened? Guess their podunk Jim Brown/Xena offspring trumped your Rocky IV Ivan Drago training facilities and self-admitted recruiting strategy??

:rolleyes:

I_Do_Care
12-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
so.....what happened? Guess their podunk Jim Brown/Xena offspring trumped your Rocky IV Ivan Drago training facilities and self-admitted recruiting strategy??

:rolleyes: lmao thats great IHStang...

coachkiss
12-20-2008, 02:08 AM
They were better. Period.

VWG
12-21-2008, 03:56 PM

1A. Central Texas
1B. North Texas
3. Houston Area
4. East Texas
5. West Texas
6. South Texas

Can't count out West Texas in 1A and 2A. Recent playoff teams and state champs back it up.

turbostud
12-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
so.....what happened? Guess their podunk Jim Brown/Xena offspring trumped your Rocky IV Ivan Drago training facilities and self-admitted recruiting strategy??

:rolleyes:
There are many teams in the state that would love to say they played in the last 3 3a state title games, especially after recently moving up a classification. do training facilities have anything to do with that??? possibly. You cant win them all but all you can ask for is getting the chance, which most schools never do.

mav83
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
"from their perspective"

I did not realize that ALL East Texans had one mind, gosh all of this time I've been using my very own brain when obviously that was an overexertion of energy !! However I would assume that the 8 years I lived in North Texas, I was perfectly capable of having an independent thought and opinion.

WOW guess it's good you are around to enhance my knowledge as to how one must exsist in one's geographical arena.

I must thank you because for the last twenty years, I thought my opinion be it wrong or right, and my support of my favorite teams, be they winners or not was my very own conviction, I had no idea that if voiced, I represented the whole entire East Texas population, which according to this board is growing as we speak.

I am now amazed that I was even able to locate this board all on my own.

I am very proud of Carthage, Sulpher Springs and Dangerfield, they are champions because they played Great and won their game, just as all of the state champs did. I just happen to follow these games.

Not all East Texans are as you described, some just love HS football and love it even more when their favorite team wins, probably just like every other region in Texas.

Marshall Maverick for a very very long time !!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
12-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by mav83
"from their perspective"

I did not realize that ALL East Texans had one mind, gosh all of this time I've been using my very own brain when obviously that was an overexertion of energy !! However I would assume that the 8 years I lived in North Texas, I was perfectly capable of having an independent thought and opinion.

WOW guess it's good you are around to enhance my knowledge as to how one must exsist in one's geographical arena.

I must thank you because for the last twenty years, I thought my opinion be it wrong or right, and my support of my favorite teams, be they winners or not was my very own conviction, I had no idea that if voiced, I represented the whole entire East Texas population, which according to this board is growing as we speak.

I am now amazed that I was even able to locate this board all on my own.

I am very proud of Carthage, Sulpher Springs and Dangerfield, they are champions because they played Great and won their game, just as all of the state champs did. I just happen to follow these games.

Not all East Texans are as you described, some just love HS football and love it even more when their favorite team wins, probably just like every other region in Texas.

Marshall Maverick for a very very long time !!!!!!

HOLY CRAP

it is nice to have another Marshall person on this little ole 3A board

From one Maverick to another..welcome aboard

IHStangFan
12-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
There are many teams in the state that would love to say they played in the last 3 3a state title games, especially after recently moving up a classification. do training facilities have anything to do with that??? possibly. You cant win them all but all you can ask for is getting the chance, which most schools never do. relax turbo....my shot was not necessarily at the kids that played in the title game....my shot was taken at this blowhard that went on and on all week about "east texas thinks their God's gift...but this is why we're better" crap.

Congrats to those kids...they played a rough schedule this year and were pretty darn successful.....shame on the overzealous fan that has nothing but degrading things to say about their opponent that more than likely until Friday night, he had never even seen.

mav83
12-22-2008, 01:09 AM
HOLY CRAP

it is nice to have another Marshall person on this little ole 3A board

From one Maverick to another..welcome aboard

Thank you

I've been lurking for years, just liked reading, till I felt I needed to step up.
How old are you?? remember? lobo funerals??? flush that John???? good ole days LOL

charlesrixey
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by mav83
Thank you

I've been lurking for years, just liked reading, till I felt I needed to step up.
How old are you?? remember? lobo funerals??? flush that John???? good ole days LOL

my twin brother spent his last two years of high school in longview, and he remembers dead coyote carcasses hung up on campus during the marshall game :eek:

bobcat1
12-22-2008, 02:22 PM
my twin brother spent his last two years of high school in longview, and he remembers dead coyote carcasses hung up on campus during the marshall game :eek: We did that for the Old High-Rider game in Wichita Falls. Had them on the flag pole and front entrance and strung on the fence at the Stadium. Good group effort. :D

charlesrixey
12-22-2008, 05:15 PM
We did that for the Old High-Rider game in Wichita Falls. Had them on the flag pole and front entrance and strung on the fence at the Stadium. Good group effort. :D

:mad:

of course, i was just coyote hunting up in gunter last week so............:cool: