PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Bi Polar&Depression

Antec
12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Have been dealing with Bi polar illness with depression, mood swings and anxiety for over a year now- but has gotten worse past couple of months

Seeing Psycholgist and taking medications that help some

Its tough to deal with- have good and bad days and nights which seem the worst

With xmas coming up, its seems to get bad as well and not looking forward to the holidays

It makes you want to do nothing and sleep a lot

At least wife is big suport and friends and boss who understands

Its an illness they say a lot of people have these days.

Today was one of my better days= Went to Aquarium Restaurant after church and had meal with family

Its when Im home alone when the anxiety kicks in and feeling depressed

44INAROW
12-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I am so sorry you're having to deal with this Antec. I think the fact that you are talking about it is a positive move though. Thank heavens your wife and boss are "on board" with you. They say family, friends and coworker support is very important. I think folks are beginning to realize and accept the fact that mental diseases are REAL and nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you continue to progress and the holidays aren't too emotional for you ;)

I_Do_Care
12-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am so sorry you're having to deal with this Antec. I think the fact that you are talking about it is a positive move though. Thank heavens your wife and boss are "on board" with you. They say family, friends and coworker support is very important. I think folks are beginning to realize and accept the fact that mental diseases are REAL and nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you continue to progress and the holidays aren't too emotional for you ;)
a majority of the time, people find these things are socially triggered rather than internally, but we've yet to invent a pill that can cure your external environment, but we can sure do something to numb you! Be careful with what you take Antec and be conscience of what people say while on medication, some of these drugs have been known to metaphorically and chemically lobotomize people. Try writing about your life, almost like an autoethnography, its amazing what we uncover about ourselves and surroundings that we never realize is the root cause for our miserable feelings. Even if you can't identify it now, you may through exercises as such.

Antec
12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks For the support

LH Panther Mom
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
My thoughts & prayers are with you. It's wonderful that your wife and others close by are so supportive. I know it's difficult for others to understand, so any and all support is good.

Antec
12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
was doing fine for about 4 days but had one of those nerver wrecking and anxiety atttacks today

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
im sorry you are having to go through that stuff. i wish i could take the pain and misery from you that you are feeling. even though we have never met i feel its my duty. as a fellow person who suffers from similar things its tough to go through, but i know there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. just dont give up. and for what its worth, the whole writing things down really does help.

gobble_up03
12-18-2008, 12:37 AM
it is a very difficult situation to deal with, and i am extremely proud of you being able to talk about it, and at least attempt to control the situation. my father is bipolar, and his behaviors were very traumatic to us as young adults. he refuses to stay on any medications, and continues lead his life as an alcoholic, which only intensifies his symptoms. i applaud you, and wish you well on your journey.

Old Green
12-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Antec
was doing fine for about 4 days but had one of those nerver wrecking and anxiety atttacks today I understand exactly what you are going thru. Since I had my heart attack in March, I have been on meds for severe anxiety. The meds help a lot.

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Have been dealing with Bi polar illness with depression, mood swings and anxiety for over a year now- but has gotten worse past couple of months

Seeing Psycholgist and taking medications that help some

Its tough to deal with- have good and bad days and nights which seem the worst

With xmas coming up, its seems to get bad as well and not looking forward to the holidays

It makes you want to do nothing and sleep a lot

At least wife is big suport and friends and boss who understands

Its an illness they say a lot of people have these days.

Today was one of my better days= Went to Aquarium Restaurant after church and had meal with family

Its when Im home alone when the anxiety kicks in and feeling depressed

Antec, I know how hard the struggle is right now and every day truly. Just remember that by opening yourself up to support and being honest and aware as you so bravely are, and treating this for what is, you are standing tall in a way that many choose not. You have my respect and my encouragement. Tomorrow is another day. May God bless and keep you and yours. Andrea

STANG RED
12-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry your going through this Antec. I'm not going to pretend to know much about it, but I have heard some so called experts on the matter suggest that diet may have a lot to do with these sort of things. Again, I dont know much about it, but has your doctor suggested making any diet changes? I've also heard high doses of certain vitamins and minerals may help, but I dont know. I'm sure theres no magic bullet out there, but you never now. Keep your chin up bud.;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sorry your going through this Antec. I'm not going to pretend to know much about it, but I have heard some so called experts on the matter suggest that diet may have a lot to do with these sort of things. Again, I dont know much about it, but has your doctor suggested making any diet changes? I've also heard high doses of certain vitamins and minerals may help, but I dont know. I'm sure theres no magic bullet out there, but you never now. Keep your chin up bud.;) i think there is some truth this the vitamin stuff you mention. when i was 17 after my mother passed away and i was depressed as a result i reluctantly started taking multi-vitamins and it helped me to gain some of the ground i had lost. and i also put on about half of the weight i lost as a result of her death.

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-24-2008, 11:41 PM
hey, i was just curious as to how you are doing. wanted to bring this back to the top.

Antec
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Got through xmas holidays pretty well- just had small bit of depression episodes

Think the medication is helping more since Dr doubled by dosage

It back to work on Wed for back to usual routine