PDA

View Full Version : totally NOT related to football but it is sports related :)

44INAROW
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
I need to get "stocking stuffers" for my boys. (32, 30 and 20) All 3 are AVID golfers (that is putting it mildly) so I figured golf balls would be something they'd use. I am pretty sure they have plenty of practice type and daily playing type balls, but I'd like to get them some good - high quality balls. Any suggestions? I do have access to an Academy in Victoria so other than Wally World, that's my only local option (We will be in Tampa this coming weekend and I think they have Dick's Sporting Goods and Outdoor World so I guess I could look there too) Thanks for any suggestions.

Also we were just notified that the 8:00 pm game next Sunday (Tampa Bay Bucs vs San Diego Chargers) has been changed to a 1:00 pm kick off - which is fine although it will shorten the "tailgate" time but the bummer is that we were offered AC/DC tickets for the concert the same night but my son gave them to someone else since we were going to the football game. GGRRR that would have been over-the-top way too cool to do the football game in the afternoon and the concert that night. Oh well, I have a feeling my 50 year-old bones will be ready for nighty-night shortly after the ball game, fighting the traffic and the drive back to son's house. Fingers and toes crossed for good weather.

Emerson1
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
http://buygolfequipmentonline.com/golf-shop/images/titelistprov1.jpg

44INAROW
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I remember finding a sleeve in the trashcan a while back - it was PRECEPT or something like that. Is that a brand? Johnny had a note written a while back that had Titleist DT/Solo - all that stuff is Greek to me :)

and Thanks Emerson - I know from past experience that when I get to the store there will be shelves and shelves of balls and I'll get so confused.... so I thought if I go with a game plan it might be easier ;)