PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE Stop Crow eating threads

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Crow Eating talk is fun but I think the rules of Crow eating have become confusing

A fan of a team should never eat crow. They are SUPPOSED to think there team is always going to win no matter who they play or the odd they face

Crow eating should only be for the THIRD PARTY fan who does not have a rooting interest in a game but picks a team and loudly spouts that team will not only win but dominate

So LH fans..you should not have to eat crow this week, you did was a fan of a team should do, think your going to win

slpybear the bullfan
12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90560

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90560

well heck

I can taste that Crow no matter a win or a loss LOL

trojan37
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I guess I'm eating crow then, since I said there was no way that Prosper would stop Parr.:doh:

blowfish
12-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I have to disagree about Crow Eating. You should always support your team but you should also be an informed supporter. You should know when your team does not have a chance against a particular team. I t is okay to want your team to win and pray that they win but to start talking smack about the other team well then get ready for the crow buffet.

Perfect example would be Brownwood this year.

WOS87
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah the whole thing is a bit vindictive, childish and confusing...

I was repeatedly invited to eat crow after I correctly predicted Gilmer to beat WO-S. :confused:

The only game I didn't correctly predict this past week was the Prosper win over La Vega so I guess I'll have a glass of Old Crow in honor of Prosper!

:D

I_Do_Care
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Yeah the whole thing is a bit vindictive, childish and confusing.. it's Celina:D

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I have to disagree about Crow Eating. You should always support your team but you should also be an informed supporter. You should know when your team does not have a chance against a particular team. I t is okay to want your team to win and pray that they win but to start talking smack about the other team well then get ready for the crow buffet.

again imo fandom loyalty always should override common sense. It is YOUR team..I dont think fans of a team should come on a board and say oh well we will get rolled

Smack talk is all in fun 99% if time so yes a fan of a team should talk the smack

Trashman
12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by blowfish

What do you mean by that? I'm not eating crow. This is leftovers from Thanksgiving. :D

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/tawtedcrow/EatCrow.jpg

Rabid Cougar
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
I agree.. Never eat crow over your own team. Fight to the bitter end. and even if it already over.

However, I also agree casual observors should always eat crow.

BullsFan
12-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Just to be fair, there were a few LH fans who were quite excited about the prospect of Bridgeport eating some crow. I think everyone should always support their team 100%....but I also think if you're going to dish it out one week, you gotta prepared to take it the next.

(Of course, I think crow eating threads are also just a good way to congratulate the winning team. It doesn't mean you have to come on to listen to someone rub your nose in it. And if I recall correctly, the LH posters were pretty decent after our game.)