PDA

View Full Version : Crystal and I Lost One of Our Babies

Txbroadcaster
12-14-2008, 02:34 PM
As some of you know..Crystal and I have 5 cats and 2 dogs

Well this morning one of our cats passed away.

Reebok had become my cat, she was my buddy. When I recorded interviews or intros and such she sat on my lap and would try to play with the mic.

She was a simple cat who just wanted to be in my lap and that made her happy.

She died this morning how she enjoyed life. Sleeping on my chest on the couch. I will miss her because she was who take care of me more than I took care of her.

We will miss and always have the softest of spots in our heart for Reebok

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/LSTTerry/l_443c3860fed0f86b744e671a778ce599.jpg

CHS_CG
12-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Im soo sorry to hear this Terry! I know how much animals mean to you and Crystal!

BuffyMars
12-14-2008, 03:34 PM
we will miss that baby more than words can express. she definitely had 9 lives. she was hit by a car more than 10 years ago and the doctors told us that she would never walk again, and that we shouldn't even bother with the surgery since there was no guarantee.

well we had the surgery--and against all odds--she did walk again. she was slew footed and had had her hips shaved, but you would have never known.

her spirit was beautiful, and she was a hussy who loved men, but she didn't have an enemy in the world.

her colon started failing her about a year ago, and terry did everything in his power to make sure she got better. he gave her metamucil in every meal, fed her pumpkin, laxatives, and pills to help keep her well. we even had to take her for a few enimas.

but the doctors thought it might be something neurological, and so over the last year her health has deteriorated, but her spirit did not.

she loved terry, and she would stare at him for hours just waiting for him to look at her, and when he did she would reply, "meow!"

she was definitely a vocal cat, and sadly the world will now be much quieter. she will be missed greatly.

we love that baby! and she loved us. i have faith that she died a happy cat, and right where she was meant to go; on terry's chest.

the last thing i did was kiss her on her head and tell her i loved her and that i hoped she got to feeling better. well now she has, and that gives me a little solace.

god rest in peace sweet angel. we will always love our reebok.

Trashman
12-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Really sorry for your loss. :( Our family loves animals as well; we have 8 cats, 14 chickens and 1 english collie to protect them. The collie thinks he is an over grown cat.:D Hang in there, again really sorry for your loss.:(

pirate4state
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
:(

I'm so sorry guys....

BuffyMars
12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
thank you very much. she was truly special.

Looking4number8
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM
If you love your cats like I love my dogs, I know today is very very hard for you. Nothing shows true love 100% of the time like a pet does and the loss of one is like the loss of a family member. Hope your days get better!

Ranger Mom
12-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
thank you very much. she was truly special.

My condolences to you and Terry. I lost a cat a few years ago.....and my friends here on the downlow made me feel so much better!!!

Reebok kinda reminds me of Punkin (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=23010&highlight=punkin) .

(There is a pic of her in that link!)

44INAROW
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I am so sorry you lost your dear Reebok... It's been said before and will be said again - losing a beloved pet is heartbreaking...... you have my sincere and heartfelt sympathy :(

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Thnkxs all

Really hit me hard because she was MY cat the last few years. If I was anywhere downstairs she was probably right there with me

I truly believe she waited on me before she passed. I know at least she was content laying on my chest as she breathed her last breath.

Gobbla2001
12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry about your loss...

I don't really like cats because I'm allergic, but there are now two outside I feed every day so they'll hang around and kill snakes etc...

have had two hit by cars the past 4 years... both of 'em were pretty cool... they'd be right by the door when I'd walk out to go to work in the morning and they'd meow at me so I'd feed 'em... it always bugged the hell outta me because I'd still be half-asleep and all of the sudden "MEOWWWWWW"... but you kinda miss it when they're gone...

LHMom
12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Pets can truly become part of our families... They love unconditionally.

zebrablue2
12-17-2008, 06:38 PM
sorry for your loss of a good friend..

bullfrog_alumni_02
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
condolences for you on this. my cat is the same way. i know how awe-inspiring it can be that an animal can take ownership over a human and that they will be right there with them until their last breathe.

kaorder1999
12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry guys! I know how hard it is!!