PDA

View Full Version : Rattlers & Lady Rattlers win Sealy Tourn.

HEMOTOXIC
12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Championship game:

Rattlers (6-0) 78
Hempstead 48

Jacolby Stokes 5, Kevin Nelms 9, K.J. Nelms 3, K. Jones 6, D. Hadley 6, Brandal Jackson 6, Jersey Gates 19, J. Harrison 12, Aleon Calhoun 12.

Lady Rattlers (14-3) 45
Lamar Consolidated 39

Congrats to Both!!!!:clap:

JV Boys, loses to Huntsville in the championship of the Huntsville Tournatment by 2. Congrats to them as well.:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Sounds like the rattlers are very good, do they play Bellville in pre-district?

HEMOTOXIC
12-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Sounds like the rattlers are very good, do they play Bellville in pre-district?

I know that the Lady Rattlers played Bellville a few weeks back. I don't think that the Rattlers are scheduled to play Bellville this year unless they meet up in the Smithville Tournament.

NastySlot
12-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I know that the Lady Rattlers played Bellville a few weeks back. I don't think that the Rattlers are scheduled to play Bellville this year unless they meet up in the Smithville Tournament.

got any info. on the smithville tourney.....brackets or game times?

HEMOTOXIC
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
got any info. on the smithville tourney.....brackets or game times?

Yes, here is a link to Smithville ISD..It appears that Bellville will not be in the tournament...

Here is the link:
http://boys-basketball.smithvilleisd.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=553061&sessionid=05d3a8b4a13e45ea865c3016c7a908ba

Click on Tiger Classic Bracket on the right.

NastySlot
12-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Yes, here is a link to Smithville ISD..It appears that Bellville will not be in the tournament...

Here is the link:
http://boys-basketball.smithvilleisd.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=553061&sessionid=05d3a8b4a13e45ea865c3016c7a908ba

Click on Tiger Classic Bracket on the right.

thanks

STAggie
12-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I was very impressed watching Navasota play at the tourney. They have the size down low to wear anyone down and the athletes on the outside to make you pay with the 3 ball and the drive and dish. If Sealy ever realizes they are a good club and can play with anyone the will be hard to beat.

HEMOTOXIC
12-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I was very impressed watching Navasota play at the tourney. They have the size down low to wear anyone down and the athletes on the outside to make you pay with the 3 ball and the drive and dish. If Sealy ever realizes they are a good club and can play with anyone the will be hard to beat.

Hey, I haven't had a chance to see them play yet. On paper, they look impressive beating Hempstead by 30, Houston Lee by 15, Hearne by 20+, Coldspring, and whoever else they played in the Sealy Tournament. Hempstead/Hearne normally gives the Rattlers a good game.

OldBison75
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
The Rattlers are a pretty salty bunch on the boys side and could have been even better had Pratt chosen to saty and play. He has already enrolled in LSU for the Spring Semester and will be starting spring football practice.

He was one of the top scorers and rebounders last year.

The girls are young and overall inexperienced at the varsity level. They have played very well some games and really made alot of mistakes at others. They will be okay though.

zebrablue2
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
congrats to both the rattler teams.. good job...:2thumbsup:

STAggie
12-16-2008, 09:21 AM
The thing about the Rattlers is they have two guys who go about 6'7" 350ibs that they rotate in and out. That is a lot of size to have in a game consistently. There is no break for opposing teams as they have to cosntantly try and much up with the two beasts down low, which opens up all sorts of oppurtunties for the outside guys to get open looks.

HEMOTOXIC
12-17-2008, 02:12 AM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/36280009.html

The Lady Rattlers start district play with a loss. Their first district lost in 61 games. This Lady Rattler team is young and it is showing.

Congrats to the Lady Rangers.