PDA

View Full Version : Celina/LH - Thoughts and Perspective

OrangeChamps
12-14-2008, 12:27 AM
First of all, congrats to both teams. Like we thought all week that was High School Football at its best. The score was not indicative of the heart and determination that was displayed in this game. Both teams played their hearts out and left it all on the field. The scene after the game with both teams, tired and beat down, holding hands, embracing each other was an enjoyable final moment.

LH ya'll absolutely have nothing to hang your heads over tonight. You have a top notch program and kids that make this game so much fun. You played with an intensity that is not seen very often. As in '06, you showed respect and good sportsmanship that leaves me very impressed. I will always remember tonight as a hard-fought victory against an extremely worthy opponent.

To the Bobcats and our fans, WAY TO GO!!! That was what Celina Football is all about. Beginning to end, every play all out. I am so proud to be apart of this season and to have enjoyed the ups and the downs and the excitment of it all. Remember, however, IT'S NOT OVER!

One more note, LHPantherMom, your son is a monster. He is one of the toughest, hard-nosed players I have had the pleasure of watching. Congratulations on a good run, and keep your head up you will be there again.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
One more note, LHPantherMom, your son is a monster. He is one of the toughest, hard-nosed players I have had the pleasure of watching.
Thank you! It has been an amazing three years for him.

During the week, a Celina poster and I were sharing pm's because we both wanted to talk about the game, but not on "the thread". I no longer have the pm's because my box tends to fill up, but can remember the gist of my side. It pretty much sums up my pre-game perspective, with post-game included (in yellow).

I think the game will be close, VERY close, maybe 3-10 points. We are good, I'm not going to lie. They're not '06 good, or '07 good, but good in their own right. But, I don't know if that's enough. We do have weaknesses, and Butch Ford is the kind of coach who will recognize them, and do his best to get the players to exploit them.

Celina has three starters who would love nothing better than to get revenge for the '06 loss. (avenge would have been a better word) We have seven starters who were on the field the entire game in '06 who would love nothing better than to win by 21. Those are the intangibles I was thinking of in my post the other day.

Like I said last night, in the little I could say at the time, the Bobcats showed up prepared to kick our butts and there was little we could do to prevent it. A few days ago, someone posted that for them to win (as for us), it would take a mistake free game of 100% execution. That is exactly what they brought with them from Celina.

To those of you Bobcat faithful that I have formed somewhat of a friendship with over the past three seasons, I can certainly appreciate your support of your team. I thank you for the periodic chatroom visits. I thank you for the pm's over the years & being able to discuss our teams with each other outside of the craziness that happens sometimes ;) on here. Some things are better left for private, for both sides, and it has been those things that have helped bond the friendship & appreciation. :)

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
LHPM, I said it other threads but I'll say it again, your crew, and you, have earned my respect, mom to mom. Be blessed.

BILLYFRED0000
12-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks mom and your boy was fun to watch. I think lh and celina are a lot alike in spirit. Makes the relationship the teams are starting to form as rivals look like fun. I hope we meet on the field again soon. And always you are welcome.

wimbo_pro
12-14-2008, 11:58 PM
CelinaProud is a chick?????????

firstcat
12-15-2008, 09:35 AM
To the Celina team and fans,
What an amazing group of people! These boys played as hard as any team I have ever watched. I believe, in my uneducated opinion, that your '08 team is the best I've seen from Celina in my few short years of watching them. They were the best team on that particular Saturday, and deserve their victory.
If we had to go down, I am glad that it was by a class-act organization. Congratulations and I wish you the best next week!
On a personal note, I would like to thank the player (I want to say he was #44, but don't remember for sure),who went nose-to-nose with my son (Senior #56) all night. He played hard, leaving his sweat and blood (literally) on my son's jersey, and then when they were meeting in the line after the game, he grabbed my son and hugged him long and hard. What a great example of sportsmanship.
Even more personally, I am so proud of our Panthers. They have been touted as "not as good as past teams" all year, and yet they have achieved things that past teams weren't able to do. They won't be leaving their high school careers with the 3-Peat, but they have experienced things that not many high school athletes get to enjoy. I don't think they will truly realize what they have accomplished until a few more years pass and they look back on it. 69-2-1 records don't come often, most 7-12th grade football players never even get to see that many games.
I love these panthers and want to say a special thank you for providing so many hours of pride and entertainment for this particular Mom. I'm sad it is over for me, as I said my son is a Senior this year, but what a glorious ride!
Signing off - Firstcat!

wimbo_pro
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
You're a class act FirstCat...best wishes to your two time champion son!!! (stop and say that again to yourself...two time champion...wow)

firstcat
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You're a class act FirstCat...best wishes to your two time champion son!!! (stop and say that again to yourself...two time champion...wow)

Thanks! I'll pass on your sentiment to him.:kiss:

LHdog
12-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I hate to say it but Liberty Hill was out-played and out-coached. They were out-played as Celina controlled both lines of scrimmage and they were out-coached when the Panthers did not try to pass the ball early in the game to loosen-up the Celina defense. Celina played with great intensity and if they can maintain that intensity, they can beat Carthage. If not, we'll see.

MN95
12-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
To the Celina team and fans,
What an amazing group of people! These boys played as hard as any team I have ever watched. I believe, in my uneducated opinion, that your '08 team is the best I've seen from Celina in my few short years of watching them. They were the best team on that particular Saturday, and deserve their victory.
If we had to go down, I am glad that it was by a class-act organization. Congratulations and I wish you the best next week!
On a personal note, I would like to thank the player (I want to say he was #44, but don't remember for sure),who went nose-to-nose with my son (Senior #56) all night. He played hard, leaving his sweat and blood (literally) on my son's jersey, and then when they were meeting in the line after the game, he grabbed my son and hugged him long and hard. What a great example of sportsmanship.
Even more personally, I am so proud of our Panthers. They have been touted as "not as good as past teams" all year, and yet they have achieved things that past teams weren't able to do. They won't be leaving their high school careers with the 3-Peat, but they have experienced things that not many high school athletes get to enjoy. I don't think they will truly realize what they have accomplished until a few more years pass and they look back on it. 69-2-1 records don't come often, most 7-12th grade football players never even get to see that many games.
I love these panthers and want to say a special thank you for providing so many hours of pride and entertainment for this particular Mom. I'm sad it is over for me, as I said my son is a Senior this year, but what a glorious ride!
Signing off - Firstcat!

Very well said:clap: Most high school players would be thrilled to PLAY in a state championship game, ecstatic to win ONE, let alone two.

If 44 is the correct number. He plays linebacker, and while Caleb gets most of the press (deservedly), Jay Perez is quite a player in his own right.

My son mentioned what a bunch of good guys the LH team was. He especially singled out Lattimore.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2008, 11:05 AM
First of all...congrats to Celina and hats off to Liberty Hill for an awesome season!!!

I was unable to listen to the game, but had regular text updates...(thanks P4S).

For the first time in 4 years, I won't be going to a state championship game.....but I am throwing my support to Celina!!

GO BOBCATS!!!

firstcat
12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by MN95
Very well said:clap: Most high school players would be thrilled to PLAY in a state championship game, ecstatic to win ONE, let alone two.

If 44 is the correct number. He plays linebacker, and while Caleb gets most of the press (deservedly), Jay Perez is quite a player in his own right.

My son mentioned what a bunch of good guys the LH team was. He especially singled out Lattimore.

Yep, he's my nephew...pretty proud of him too!