PDA

View Full Version : D2 State Game- Carthage Bulldogs vs Celina Bobcats.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Matthew328
12-13-2008, 09:15 PM
reported here at the stadium

turbostud
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats pretty much home field for Celina.

Matthew328
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM
They won the flip

mistanice
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
almost certain it will be Celina/Carthage, Dawgs up 41-14. about 7 mins left

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Who will get the ring? Both teams had little trouble this week in their wins, Carthage beat Giddings 41-14, and Celina beat Liberty Hill 40-12. This game will be Friday night in Tx stadium. The new state Champ will not be undefeated, Carthage 13-2, and Celina 12-3. Only Liberty Hill was undefeated untill tonight. One more week of Texas High School football.

N4SIR
12-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Carthage has it all and can beat you with the pass or the run.
Celina won't be able to hang with the Bulldogs.

N4SIR
12-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Thats pretty much home field for Celina.

That's good because Celina is going to need every advantage they can get.

Necks_Fan
12-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Will most likely be at this game. :cool:

griff
12-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Is it too early to know if this will be televised across the state?

OldBison75
12-13-2008, 10:04 PM
MAN, I PICKED AGAINST CELINA THIS WEEK AND THEY DESTROYED LIBERTY HILL. I'VE HAD THE BEGINNINGS OF MY CROW AND AM NOT THAT IMPRESSED WITH THE TASTE.

THAT SAID, CARTHAGE IS A QUALITY OPPONENT WITH A TOP NOTCH AND BIG O-LINE. THE RUNNING BACK IS A MONSTER HOSS!! THE DEFENSE IS PRETTY SOLID. THEY PASS THE BALL VERY EFFECTIVELY.

CELINA APPEARS TO HAVE EVERYTHING THAT CELINA HAS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A SUPER INDIVIDUAL RUNNING THREAT. THEY DO HAVE A COUPLE OF GOOD RUNNERS THOUGH. THE CELINA DEFENSE WAS UNBELIEVABLE AGAINST WHAT WAS CONSIDERED THE TOP RUNNING GAME IN 3A BEFORE THIS GAME TONIGHT.

IF THIS GAME IS REALLY AT TEXAS STADIUM ON FRIDAY--I'LL JUST CRY. CAN'T EVEN BEGIN TO GO THAT DAY. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS SHOOTOUT.

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I believe this game will be close, but a shoot-out at the same time.

44-42 CELINA

And I just realized I voted for Carthage...I guess I think the game will be really close then...

N4SIR
12-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Game is Friday night at 8 PM in Texas Stadium

bobcat1
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Home Field for Celina? Awesome!

mistanice
12-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Celina dominated a good LH team that relies heavily on their running game, but prepare to meet a team that can run and pass with ease.

Celina's D will have their hands full with Dwight Smith who just ran for 300+ yards and 5 td's tonight.

Good luck to both teams, but give me Carthage in this one.

BobcatBenny
12-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I think I will take Celina in this game. ;)

75009Football
12-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Just a note for all you trivia folks. This game will (may) be the last High School game for Texas Stadium. Depends on what happens to the grand ole gal.

Bobcats, but your stamp on her.

bigdaddy
12-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Celina Offense

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 11:25 PM
So did I but there is two different votes?

bigdaddy
12-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow what a night and what a great game. Next week at Texas Stadium will be another exciting week for the BOBCATS both Offense and Defense.

Going for 9 Texas HS State Championships !!!

bobcat74
12-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Celina dominated a good LH team that relies heavily on their running game, but prepare to meet a team that can run and pass with ease.

Celina's D will have their hands full with Dwight Smith who just ran for 300+ yards and 5 td's tonight.

Good luck to both teams, but give me Carthage in this one.

I think the passing game of Carthage seems pretty stout. I'm sure Dwight Smith is a pretty solid player, but one guy won't beat a quality opponent. Looks like he might have beat Giddings himself though. lol. My guess is that this is a close game with Celina controlling the ball and the clock. Gotta keep that offense on the bench. ;)

BTW, I've only seen the #'s on Carthage Offense. They run a spread, or what?

sweet mama
12-13-2008, 11:53 PM
I think I was at the MOST exciting football game ever especially having a son on the Team who played lights out.

These boys and this Team will have something to remember that NO ONE can take away for the rest of their lives. That's what it's all about.

Celina has Tradition and our boys had some Big shoes to fill and over the course of this year have grow up to be MEN.

Go Bobcats !!!!

buckmaster
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
I'll take the Bobcats all the way. This Team has stepped up to every challenge and continued to get better every week so it's a sure bet on the Bobcats !

orange machine
12-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by buckmaster
I'll take the Bobcats all the way. This Team has stepped up to every challenge and continued to get better every week so it's a sure bet on the Bobcats !

Hey buck slow down just a little bit here lets not put the cart before the horse. Im gonna go with the Bobcats also, but remember lets be humble about this.

bigdaddy
12-14-2008, 12:02 AM
You're dead on when you talk about this Bobcat Team. These boys have come together and are peaking at the right time as shown on the field tonight.

I'll ABSOLUTELY put my bets on the Bobcats to get their 9th State Championship ring.

rzf5qj
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Congratulations Bobcats on a big win and good luck next week!!

Rocket Dad
12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Celina will do some things that will suprise Carthage - but in the end Carthage should win. Good luck to both. My score prediction is 24-17 Carthage.

coachkiss
12-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Before anyone starts spewing Massey numbers this week, I looked at Carthage last week to see their schedule for this year. They have the playing Atlanta twice. I'm assuming it was a rain makeup game from Ike. Anyway, they have factored in that 42-7 win twice.

I guess after tonight, though, that Massey really needs a new algorithm.

eagles26
12-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I'll take Celina also.

Good Luck from your 9-3A Neighbors 3 miles down the road.

MAKE IT 9-3A DOMINATION!!

5wide
12-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Anybody know yet?

d0tc0m
Congrats to Prosper on their first ever state championship tonight! Now the Bobcats have a chance to go win their 9th and make it a sweep for 9-3A!! It'd be hard to bet against these boys, if there are any non-believers still out there. I mean they came out tonight and completely DOMINATED liberty hill in every sense of the word. Our 'weak' o-line gave us all the protection we needed and opened up some huge holes, and our 'weak' undersized defensive line whipped those big ole hogs in purple ALL NIGHT! That vaunted slot-t doesn't look so pretty anymore, not after tonight's showing. I'm so proud of this team and they way they played tonight! Keep it up boys, one more game!!! I CANNOT wait until next Friday Night! Go Bobcats!

CelinaCatFan
Friday 8pm @ Texas Stadium

OrangeChamps
12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Carthage has it all and can beat you with the pass or the run.
Celina won't be able to hang with the Bulldogs.

This is the kind of quote that makes it fun to beat the $&%* out of the opposing team. Idiotic and pointless post after the display tonight. Get a clue.

This will be another exciting, hard-fought game. In the end, the better team will win, but to boast victory right now is insane. Good Luck to both teams this week. Look forward to a great matchup.

icu812
12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
I've seen both teams in the past two weeks. What a great game this is going to be. I think Carthage will spread out Celina's D and make plays in space. Their OL is very stout and will hold their own vs. Celina. Celina offense will move the ball as well due to their balanced attack and the way they can execute. Both teams should score some points. Carthage really doesnt appear to have a weakness on offense. Athough I'm sure the Celina coaches will find a few. Very impressed with Celina's defense tonight. I wouldn't be shocked if Celina finds a way to win but it'll be a big mountain to climb. Carthage is just to big, fast and nasty for me to pick against them. It's going to look like the championship game in the movie Friday Night Lights. I think it will end the same way with the team in the red uni's holding on for dear life at the end. Can't wait to watch it all. Good luck to both teams.

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by icu812
Their OL is very stout and will hold their own vs. Celina.

Just to make a point...We actually have a guy on O Line NAMED STOUT...it's his last name BUT STILL...how telling is THAT! :D

MN95
12-14-2008, 12:53 AM
I keep hearing about Carthage offense, what about their defense?

icu812
12-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
Just to make a point...We actually have a guy on O Line NAMED STOUT...it's his last name BUT STILL...how telling is THAT! :D

Maybe I should have said Carthage will hold it's own vs. Stout :D

But seriously I think we have the best two Div.II teams in 3A matched up in this game. Lets hope for good weather and no injuries to diminish this match up.

icu812
12-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by MN95
I keep hearing about Carthage offense, what about their defense?

They are over shadowed by that offense but they did their job the past two weeks against some high powered offenses. Against Gilmer I believe they ran a 4-3 cover 2. They fly to the ball with an attitude.

BobcatBenny
12-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Celina vs. Carthage.

TX21's Highschool Game of the Week!

Gonna get a little television time. For TXStadium's final HS game!

bandera7
12-14-2008, 02:55 AM
of course you have the two best div. 2 teams in the state. Thats why they are there.

buff4life
12-14-2008, 03:35 AM
after watching Carthage tonight in person...yes they are big fast and determined...

Carthage will win
smith will get his share of yards guaranteed

congrats carthage on your win this week, yall are the real deal

peagle
12-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who will get the ring? Both teams had little trouble this week in their wins, Carthage beat Giddings 41-14, and Celina beat Liberty Hill 40-12. This game will be Friday night in Tx stadium. The new state Champ will not be undefeated, Carthage 13-2, and Celina 12-3. Only Liberty Hill was undefeated untill tonight. One more week of Texas High School football.

CELINA WINS and brings home another state championship!! GO GETEM Bobcats from you partners down the road in PROSPER!!!!!

peagle
12-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Congrats to Prosper on their first ever state championship tonight! Now the Bobcats have a chance to go win their 9th and make it a sweep for 9-3A!! It'd be hard to bet against these boys, if there are any non-believers still out there. I mean they came out tonight and completely DOMINATED liberty hill in every sense of the word. Our 'weak' o-line gave us all the protection we needed and opened up some huge holes, and our 'weak' undersized defensive line whipped those big ole hogs in purple ALL NIGHT! That vaunted slot-t doesn't look so pretty anymore, not after tonight's showing. I'm so proud of this team and they way they played tonight! Keep it up boys, one more game!!! I CANNOT wait until next Friday Night! Go Bobcats!

Next week Prosper will be all ORANGE, the cats will be on the prowl Friday night.

N4SIR
12-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
[B]...after the display tonight. Get a clue.
Your are so right --- Carthage displayed what a championship caliber team they are tonight.

In the end, the better team will win...
The better team is Carthage and they will win.
Carthage 54
Celina 28

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Carthage 54
Celina 28 Thanks Gilmer N4SIR. We appreciate your post. :rolleyes:

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Before anyone starts spewing Massey numbers this week, I looked at Carthage last week to see their schedule for this year. They have the playing Atlanta twice. I'm assuming it was a rain makeup game from Ike. Anyway, they have factored in that 42-7 win twice.

I guess after tonight, though, that Massey really needs a new algorithm.
Carthage has only played Atlanta once,

Carthage
Lost to Kilgore 33-20
Beat Henderson 33-3
Lost to Nacogdoches 21-18
Beat Jacksonville 42-21
Beat Atlanta 42-7
*Beat Center 47-7
*Beat Rusk 50-7
*Beat Jasper 56-21
*Beat Diboll 62-28
*Beat Huntington 48-0
Beat Tatum 62-20
Beat Lorena 49-14
Beat Rockdale 55-28
Beat Gilmer 31-28
Beat Giddings 41-14

coachkiss
12-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
Carthage has only played Atlanta once,

Carthage
Lost to Kilgore 33-20
Beat Henderson 33-3
Lost to Nacogdoches 21-18
Beat Jacksonville 42-21
Beat Atlanta 42-7
*Beat Center 47-7
*Beat Rusk 50-7
*Beat Jasper 56-21
*Beat Diboll 62-28
*Beat Huntington 48-0
Beat Tatum 62-20
Beat Lorena 49-14
Beat Rockdale 55-28
Beat Gilmer 31-28
Beat Giddings 41-14

I know. I'm not retarded. However, I guess Massey is, because he shows them playing twice, giving Carthage another 42-7 victory, and enhancing their ranking. I don't care about those things, because they don't seem to mean much. However, I know some people from Celina do and other towns as well.

For those people, I was telling them not to focus too much on the Massey numbers because they are flawed for his mistake.

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by buckmaster
"This is the kind of quote that makes it fun to beat the $&%* out of the opposing team. Idiotic and pointless post after the display tonight. Get a clue."

I have followed Carthage all year and had them projected to the State Final game all year, they are a solid well rounded team with a NASTY attitude! Celina has all my respect, an outstanding program with a great winning tradition, just think Carthage is on a mission this year and have the team to back it up! BIG, FAST, ATHLETIC and NASTY!!!

Carthage 35
Celina 21

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 10:16 AM
WARNING HOMER THREAD

Oh, and I call Celina home

I pick Celina over Carthage and I have not ever heard of Carthage or seen them play, thus I admit my choice is totally based on loyalty and my belief that Celina takes its plays from angels who whisper them in the coaches ears:)

I have nothing bad to say about Carthage, readily admit I am a homer, and wait for it.........have been told my statements are idiotic before BY BETTER PEOPLE, okay we'll certainly better looking people!!!:D :D :D :D

I have to get myself in check because this is the kind of stuff that causes us problems ALL WEEK!!!! HEEHEEHEE or HOHOHO, whichever

Orange Defense
12-14-2008, 10:17 AM
"This is the kind of quote that makes it fun to beat the $&%* out of the opposing team. Idiotic and pointless post after the display tonight. Get a clue."

I have followed Carthage all year and had them projected to the State Final game all year, they are a solid well rounded team with a NASTY attitude! Celina has all my respect, an outstanding program with a great winning tradition, just think Carthage is on a mission this year and have the team to back it up! BIG, FAST, ATHLETIC and NASTY!!!

Carthage 35
Celina 21

Sounds like you may have a little smoke in your eyes...:clap: :vrycnfsd:

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 10:26 AM

Carthage 35
Celina 21 Should make for a heck of a final. Wouldn't miss it for the world. What time is the tailgate gonna start? I won't predict a score but I take Celina by 2.;)

d0tc0m
12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
If Celina's defense plays lights out like they did tonight, the Bobcats will be rolling to their 9th state title!!! Granted Carthage runs a completely different style offense than LH, but it aint our first rodeo with a spread team, the coaches will have our boys ready!! How long we have until kickoff?

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
As long as you keep your orange goggles on it shouldn't bother you.........:nerd:

Daddy D 11
12-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Carthage 54
Celina 28

Stupidity.

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I'll take Carthage by a score of:

24-17

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Stupidity. I don't know D11, they soound tough according to the Gilmer poster. I would value Lost Aussie's opinion though. He's seen both this year lately.

Fletch
12-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense

AMEN OD. A little C-Town envy.:D

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2008, 11:47 AM
The only way Celina wins is if Dwight Smith doesn't play.

I don't think he got hurt any further last night while rushing for more than 300 yards. If he did, maybe Celina has a chance.

Celina has the tradition. Carthage has the athletes.

I'll take the athletes this time. These athletes have a pretty good coach, too. That helps a LOT.

3afan
12-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Game is Friday night at 8 PM in Texas Stadium

too bad for me --- cant make it due to a more important engagement

but go CARTHAGE!

Sweetwater Red
12-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I've watched Celina play twice. Last year against Snyder and
this year against Liberty Hill.

I would love to see Celina play a offense that would force them
to spread out their defense rather than have 10 in the box on
every single play.

Aesculus gilmus
12-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Lest anyone misinterpret, I did not mean to imply that Celina's coaches aren't top flight as well.

What I am saying is that Carthage until Surratt got there IMO was a lot like Gilmer B.T. (Before Traylor).

Gilmer ALWAYS has had the athletes, but that didn't always translate (in fact, hardly ever translated) into deep runs in the playoffs.

d0tc0m
12-14-2008, 12:47 PM
And Celina rarely has those high profile athletes yet we ALWAYS make a run at it! We've got the best coaches in the state bar none, and kids who believe in those coaches and their fans and just absolutely will not quit! It's gonna be a heck of a game no doubt, but to bet against Celina after last night's performance would be crazy! Go Bobcats!

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Okay, so my roots are showing here, as are my ovaries, but please educate me on Carthage football tradition and history, both this year and past. I don't need a diatribe of insults fellas, just tell me titles and years, and some basic stats from those in the know, as well as some pertinent info on offense and defense.
What is their strong suit...I've heard and read IT ALL IS, they can pass, and they can run, but I'm thinking there must be some more variance and depth.

Better yet, give me some sites to look through myself if you know. I would like to say more than MY TEAM CAN BEAT YOUR TEAM NANANABOOBOO.

Thanks in advance

d0tc0m
12-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I know they used to be a 4A power, don't know about titles and years. Other than the fact that they are in the state game coming out of Region 3 and are obviously a tremendously talented team, I don't know much, and I'm actually not as educated on them as I'm about to be. So like CP said, anyone with stats, or site info with stats on them please post. With no school on my plate until january, I have nothing to do but study football!!

Bullaholic
12-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I have no dog in this hunt, but I think Celina is playing the best football of any team in the state right now---all due respect to Carthage. I don't think Carthage, or anyone in 3A could beat Celina at the level they are playing right now. Celina by 10.

mistanice
12-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Okay, so my roots are showing here, as are my ovaries, but please educate me on Carthage football tradition and history, both this year and past. I don't need a diatribe of insults fellas, just tell me titles and years, and some basic stats from those in the know, as well as some pertinent info on offense and defense.
What is their strong suit...I've heard and read IT ALL IS, they can pass, and they can run, but I'm thinking there must be some more variance and depth.

Better yet, give me some sites to look through myself if you know. I would like to say more than MY TEAM CAN BEAT YOUR TEAM NANANABOOBOO.

Thanks in advance

Last time Carthage made it to the state championship game was in 1991 while in 4a. They lost to A&M Consolidated.

In five playoff games, Smith has 1,068 yards and 18 touchdowns on 92 carries. He enters the championship game with 2,549 yards and 38 touchdowns.

i'll look for more stats

wanna get some in depth info, go to smoaky.com

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
Last time Carthage made it to the state championship game was in 1991 while in 4a. They lost to A&M Consolidated.

In five playoff games, Smith has 1,068 yards and 18 touchdowns on 92 carries. He enters the championship game with 2,549 yards and 38 touchdowns.

i'll look for more stats

wanna get some in depth info, go to smoaky.com

Thanks and I'll join you in the search for analyzing this match up:)

mistanice
12-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks and I'll join you in the search for analyzing this match up:)

found this, stats before the Giddings game. Little cluttered but nonetheless, good

Carthage - RB Dwight Smith (5-11, 220) carried 34 times for 227 yards and three TDs last week against Gilmer, setting the school's single-season rushing record in the process. Smith enters tonight's game with 192 carries for 2,251 yards and 33 TDs, and 15 catches for 273 yards ...

QB Si'Darius Blackshire (6-1, 220) has struggled during his past two games, completing 28 of 49 passes for 371 yards, two TDs and four INTs. Blackshire is 148-for-241 (61.4 percent) for 2,538 yards, 35 TDs and seven picks ...

WR/DB Joe Jones (6-1, 205) has 53 catches for 844 yards and 10 TDs ...

TE Trevor Murphy (6-2, 215) has 25 catches for 326 yards and seven TDs ...

WR/DB Jarvin Robinson (5-9, 165) has 21 catches for 534 yards and seven TDs ...

RG Cutter Clinton (6-3, 285) ...

DT DeShun Williams (6-0, 270) has 90 tackles, 10 for losses ...

S Cardarius Patterson (5-11, 180) has 69 tackles, five INTs, six pass breakups and three forced fumbles ...

MLB Caleb Pope (5-10, 215) has 126 tackles ...

OLB Kyle Deaton (5-10, 175) has 118 tackles ...

OLB Kendall Thompson (6-2, 210) has 80 tackles, seven for losses, three INTs and two fumble recoveries ...

WR Jalen Claiborne has 21 catches for 397 yards.

So up until the game against Rockdale, Blackshire had thrown 33 TD's with only 3 INTS.

His Oline gives him all day to sit back and pass.

Go_Wylie2000
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I've heard "A LOT" about these Carthage Buldogs and they seem to be a very elite team when running and passing the ball, or offense in general.

I don't know much about there defense...i'll take the dawgs by 3-7 points.

OrangeChamps
12-14-2008, 01:52 PM
The better team is Celina and they will win.
Carthage 28
Celina 54

Look I can misquote people also. You think that b/c the Buckeye's got their @$$ stomped by a better Carthage team, that Celina will suffer the same fate. That's histerical. Once again, get a clue.

mistanice
12-14-2008, 01:55 PM
nm

charlesrixey
12-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I don't think he got hurt any further last night while rushing for more than 300 yards. If he did, maybe Celina has a chance.

I'll take the athletes this time. These athletes have a pretty good coach, too. That helps a LOT.

wasn't this the same thing said about the d1 title game last year

alaskacat
12-14-2008, 02:05 PM
This outta be another classic.....world class offense against a world class defense...think we saw this before.

Like the Dallas reporter says "I can never ever ever bet against Celina"

Celina in a squeaker...they just find a way as a team

CelinaProud
12-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

Now, YOUR roots are showing! We only have tradition huh? I'll be sure to tell McCartney, the Laveys, Waldrep, Bidelmen, Worrell, James, Babb and on and on it goes that they really didn't win those games because of athleticism but rather rampant tradition. I mean really, it is just tradition that any team needs to beat teams like LH :rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
12-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Well...it seems to me (someone who has no dog in this fight whatsoever) that if Celina plays like they did last night, there isnt a team in 3A that can beat them. Near perfection for 4 quarters. You cant ask for anything better than that.

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
From Smoaky, for you Celina fans building your info files about Carthage. This is as good as I've seen it said about Carthage, they are the real deal. I placed them very high on the 3Adownlow top 25 early in the season and was criticized for it. Make no mistake the Bulldogs are playing at a very high level and are NASTY!!! I have followed Celina's success for years and they are the type of team that has the coaching and players to challenge this type of team, and it will be a challenge. This should be the game of the year, if you can go, be there!!! It will be one of those game that your grandkids talk about...............lol!

carthage has the most balanced attack of any 3A team in the state. i've seen them play twice this season and they're amazing. they can run out of at least 6 offensive sets that i saw and run them proficiently. i'm sure celina's first goal will be to stop mr. smith at the line and deny him his usual 200+ yards per game and with that 10-1 defense they might have some success. then they're going to jam the carthage wr's at the line and try and break up their timing on the pass patterns. then they'll blitz the QB and try and make him hurry his throws. and their defense will have some success doing all of that. but at some point they're going to realize like everybody else thats played them that carthage always has one more thing that they can go to than the other defense has an answer for. jam the ends, they'll run the draw or screen. bottle up mr. smith and they'll throw it deep on you. forget about the QB and he'll kill you with his feet. stop the run and they'll run a draw or screens. they've got 4 quality WR's that can all catch and run with the ball and one of them always seems to get open. then....there's the bulldawg defense. they're big, they're fast and they'll go blow for blow with you. they swarm. they play their positions and they don't give you much of anything and they make you pay for everything and they're deep too.

i'm sure this game will be one for the ages but the bobcats are going to have to be ready to strap it on against carthage because they will be the best team they've played this season and from what i'm reading on here celina is already thinking that they're playing a 2nd rate east texas team that doesn't have any business being on the field with them.

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 02:39 PM
From Smoaky, for you Celina fans building your info files about Carthage. This is as good as I've seen it said about Carthage, they are the real deal. I placed them very high on the 3Adownlow top 25 early in the season and was criticized for it. Make no mistake the Bulldogs are playing at a very high level and are NASTY!!! I have followed Celina's success for years and they are the type of team that has the coaching and players to challenge this type of team, and it will be a challenge. This should be the game of the year, if you can go, be there!!! It will be one of those game that your grandkids talk about...............lol!

carthage has the most balanced attack of any 3A team in the state. i've seen them play twice this season and they're amazing. they can run out of at least 6 offensive sets that i saw and run them proficiently. i'm sure celina's first goal will be to stop mr. smith at the line and deny him his usual 200+ yards per game and with that 10-1 defense they might have some success. then they're going to jam the carthage wr's at the line and try and break up their timing on the pass patterns. then they'll blitz the QB and try and make him hurry his throws. and their defense will have some success doing all of that. but at some point they're going to realize like everybody else thats played them that carthage always has one more thing that they can go to than the other defense has an answer for. jam the ends, they'll run the draw or screen. bottle up mr. smith and they'll throw it deep on you. forget about the QB and he'll kill you with his feet. stop the run and they'll run a draw or screens. they've got 4 quality WR's that can all catch and run with the ball and one of them always seems to get open. then....there's the bulldawg defense. they're big, they're fast and they'll go blow for blow with you. they swarm. they play their positions and they don't give you much of anything and they make you pay for everything and they're deep too.

i'm sure this game will be one for the ages but the bobcats are going to have to be ready to strap it on against carthage because they will be the best team they've played this season and from what i'm reading on here celina is already thinking that they're playing a 2nd rate east texas team that doesn't have any business being on the field with them.

I haven't seen anyone dis-credit Carthage on here at all. I just hope this game is as good as last night! Awesome game and we will show up to play.

RPF2666
12-14-2008, 03:49 PM

What do you expect Smoaky to say? Obviously, Carthage is great, they are in the state finals. They are multi-dimensional and multi-talented. Last night proved that type of team when firing on all cylinders is hard to beat, no matter how good the competition!

ronwx5x
12-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

Surprise, surprise! Would love to be there Benny. Maybe I'll come up and spend the night with you.:)

BobcatBenny
12-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
... Maybe I'll come up and spend the night with you.:)
I like to spoon. :eek:

OrangeChamps
12-14-2008, 04:37 PM

Celina fans/coaches/players do not believe this at all. If they do they are sadly mistaken. Carthage will be the hardest challenge Celina will face all season. LH was a great opponent, but played into Celina's strengths. Carthage will not. They will bring it in every aspect of the game, similar to what Celina does.

I have seen several games similar to this one, where Celina was physically outmatched and couldn't possibly hang with their opponent. Celina/Alto '95, Celina/Mart '00, Celina/Garrison '01, Celina/Gainesville '02. However, Celina always seems to rise to the occasion.

This will be an extremely tough game and will likely be a high-scoring shootout. IMO.

TRENCHES06
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
prolly not.

gatordaze
12-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Why not? Celina's first team D has given up about 1TD per game through the playoffs. As soon as a team struggles and squeaks out a win they need to worry about the next game. last year for Celina it was China Spring. This year there has not been a game in question. My question is can Carthage contain Celina? Celina has 250 points in the playoffs and 40 gainst the highest ranked D that they will play.

N4SIR
12-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I don't know D11, they soound tough according to the Gilmer poster. I would value Lost Aussie's opinion though. He's seen both this year lately.

It will be interesting to see what Lost Ausie thinks. Nevertheless, I have seen Celina and Carthage play this year and I'm telling you that Carthage will win this game. Carthage offense will spread your defense out and then there speed will take over. Your boys can't keep up with them.

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
It will be interesting to see what Lost Ausie thinks. Nevertheless, I have seen Celina and Carthage play this year and I'm telling you that Carthage will win this game. Carthage offense will spread your defense out and then there speed will take over. Your boys can't keep up with them. Okay. Thanks for your opinion. I have heard it no less than 3 times today. You may go. Will be waiting on Lost Aussie's opinion. Thanks.

N4SIR
12-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Look I can misquote people also. You think that b/c the Buckeye's got their @$$ stomped by a better Carthage team, that Celina will suffer the same fate. That's histerical. Once again, get a clue.
The Buckeyes lost by 3 and had a chance to take it to overtime or win it. We didn't get our butts stomped. Carthage was the better team and should have beat Gilmer by more than they did. And yes---Celina will face the same fate. You are the one who better get a clue.

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 07:56 PM
The Buckeyes lost by 3 and had a chance to take it to overtime or win it. We didn't get our butts stomped. Carthage was the better team and should have beat Gilmer by more than they did. And yes---Celina will face the same fate. You are the one who better get a clue. Don't you need to be grabbing that little handle and pumping air about now? Don't forget the needle. :D

N4SIR
12-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Laughing out loud on this side. Great come back.

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey, I can only use that stuff one more week. LOL

gobbler grad
12-14-2008, 08:23 PM
CELINA wins...just wait and see...:thinking:

Bull's-eye
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
FBB, I thought you started this poll? Why is your post not at the top? :thinking:

pirate4state
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
FBB, I thought you started this poll? Why is your post not at the top? :thinking: There were about 3 different threads started. They all got merged. Does it really matter? :rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
FBB, I thought you started this poll? Why is your post not at the top? :thinking:

You ask why? You sould know why, My poll and thread topic is there, but someone else is the starter, that person wrote( Celina vs Carthage/ Giddings) Why is that not on the thread topic? I only saw 2 that were related. Looks that what I started is all there. At least someone saw I started it. Thanks for noticeing Bulls-Eye.

LH Panther Mom
12-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You ask why? You sould know why, My poll and thread topic is there, but someone else is the starter, that person wrote( Celina vs Carthage/ Giddings) Why is that not on the thread topic? I only saw 2 that were related. Looks that what I started is all there. At least someone saw I started it. Thanks for noticeing Bulls-Eye.
Funny - we merge threads ALL the time. And the ONE thing that is consistent when we merge one, two, three or eighteen into one is that the OLDEST post always remains as the FIRST post. It's nothing any mod or admin can control, it is strictly based on the clock. :)

d0tc0m
12-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Diesel I don't really know where you get that Celina fans are thinking they're playing a 2nd rate east texas team....? Everyone knows all you east texas boys hog all the speed . You talk to anyone in Celina and they'll tell you Carthage will be the toughest team we've played all year, as well they should be, it's the state championship. None of us think Celina already has the 9th one gift wrapped and ready to be handed to us, everyone here knows it'll be a battle. Carthage has the kind of offense that will give our defense trouble, but I don't for a second doubt our kids and their ability/heart, and I sure don't doubt our coaches, they'll have our boys ready and put them in the spots to make the plays. Go Bobcats!!

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Diesel I don't really know where you get that Celina fans are thinking they're playing a 2nd rate east texas team....? Everyone knows all you east texas boys hog all the speed . You talk to anyone in Celina and they'll tell you Carthage will be the toughest team we've played all year, as well they should be, it's the state championship. None of us think Celina already has the 9th one gift wrapped and ready to be handed to us, everyone here knows it'll be a battle. Carthage has the kind of offense that will give our defense trouble, but I don't for a second doubt our kids and their ability/heart, and I sure don't doubt our coaches, they'll have our boys ready and put them in the spots to make the plays. Go Bobcats!!

I don't think that, I copy and pasted a post that was on Smoaky.com, more for the information on Carthage, less on the author's opinion on how Celina fans feel.

Twirling Time
12-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Celina vs. Carthage.

TX21's Highschool Game of the Week!

Gonna get a little television time. For TXStadium's final HS game!

Live or tape delay?

I thought the UIL doesn't allow live TV coverage on Friday nights.

Dieselsmoke
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Live or tape delay?

I thought the UIL doesn't allow live TV coverage on Friday nights.
Guessing a hour tape delay, that is how they covered Sulphur Springs last game.

BobcatBenny
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Guessing a hour tape delay, that is how they covered Sulphur Springs last game.
I think a lot of times they televise it on Saturday.

d0tc0m
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I don't think that, I copy and pasted a post that was on Smoaky.com, more for the information on Carthage, less on the author's opinion on how Celina fans feel.

Well I apologize then, I guess i just misread your post, all is well though! That's exciting for those boys they'll be on tv, too bad fsn didn't pick it up though. Oh well, won't be watching it on tv, I'll be somewhere near the 50 if you're looking for me, cheering for the boys in orange and white!!

rundoe
12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Home Field for Celina? Awesome!

Celina has my vote.

gatordaze
12-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Celina has my vote.

Anyone heard if we are home or visitor?

Brutus 1
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
No doubt Carthage has a tremendous RB and has a good passing game but 2 things have not been mentioned here. Their OL is very good and their defense may be the best in 3A. Celina is a tremendous football team but I am not sure if they are as good overall as Carthage!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BuckeyeNut
12-15-2008, 10:13 AM
CARTHAGE has this one hands down i do believe. There running back Smith is a man child. He is so fast and strong can score at anytime.

Carthage 41
Celina 21

Dogman_1969
12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Carthage wins this one in a high scoring game. The Bulldogs have just too much offense to handle. I do believe Celina will cause them grief with Lavey and Co. but Smith will get away a few times and the 230 QB will throw it around a couple times. To win Celina will have to match scoring and hope for a Carthage mistake late in the game.

Texasfootball2
12-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Game is Friday night at 8 PM in Texas Stadium That will make this the last High School game in Texas Stadium I believe?

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
CARTHAGE has this one hands down i do believe. There running back Smith is a man child. He is so fast and strong can score at anytime.

Carthage 41
Celina 21

Well, we might as well not even play the game then. Just pack up and move to Carthage. They obviously have the best program around.

Any work down there?

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Not the best program -- Celina is definitley in the running for that.
But Carthage does have the best team and will be State Champs

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Not the best program -- Celina is definitley in the running for that.
But Carthage does have the best team and will be State Champs

Yep, No chance for the bobcats. You have a running back. He can do it all.

Add 4 to the population sign. I'm coming.

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Bring the round ball with you

Aesculus gilmus
12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by c bobcats run

Any work down there?

Panola County has long been one of the top natural gas producers in Texas. The best thing would have been to have long ago bought or inherited a lot of acreage with mineral rights there.

They just built a very nice football stadium. The district is not hurting for money, I don't think.

http://texasforestcountry.com/site/c_panola/

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Nor do they seem to be hurting for big, nasty and fast football players. Already looking forward to a re-match next year.

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Celina isn't hurting for good football players and fans who aren't afraid of Carthage! With a possible 4 state championships being won by Collin County this year, there ought to be an influx of move-ins in the near future! Go Bobcats!!

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Moving right on up to 4A and 5A before long

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Prosper will move up the next realignment, but it'll take Celina quite a few more before we move up. We won't stop competing at the 4A level either though, I guarantee it!

marler1972
12-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I would not count on them going up this next one maybe in 3 yrs.

Twirling Time
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Prosper will move up the next realignment, but it'll take Celina quite a few more before we move up. We won't stop competing at the 4A level either though, I guarantee it!

Going to be close, according to these numbers:

http://www.prosper-isd.net/Uploads/72/misc/ProjectedEnrollmentforPISDUpdated5-1-08.pdf

Depending on enrollment and the cutoff, and whether the economy slows growth, there's a chance Prosper stays 3A in 2010.

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Well it wont bother me if they go up or not, I'd just assume they hang around 9-3A with us for a while. How much longer till kickoff on Friday??

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Okay. Thanks for your opinion. I have heard it no less than 3 times today. You may go. Will be waiting on Lost Aussie's opinion. Thanks.
Hey bobcat -- have you heard from lost aussie? I'm dying to here is opinion.

Txbroadcaster
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Well, we might as well not even play the game then. Just pack up and move to Carthage. They obviously have the best program around.

Any work down there?

Kind of fun..The Celina faithful are hearing what they have always said about their opponents and how the game will come out and such

Twirling Time
12-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Well it wont bother me if they go up or not, I'd just assume they hang around 9-3A with us for a while. How much longer till kickoff on Friday??

I do know this much ...

Next year when Prosper plays at Celina in Week 7 ... especially if Celina wins state again ... It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong.

It'll be like "Pilot WHO?" :)

And I'll do my darnedest not to miss it.

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Hey bobcat -- have you heard from lost aussie? I'm dying to here is opinion. He said we would lose for sure. He said take our own ambulances to haul back the injured. :D

oldtownag
12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
It sure will be nice seeing a new team at the top of the 3A heap!

Bulldogs 42 Bobcats 35

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Well it hasn't happened yet, and I promise you the Bobcats aren't ready to pass on the torch!

Come on
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
It sure will be nice seeing a new team at the top of the 3A heap!

Bulldogs 42 Bobcats 35

Celina proved Saturday who was going to be on top this year!

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM

What is "round ball"?

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Celin's favorite sport --- basketball

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 02:36 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is "round ball"?

Aren't all sports balls pointed with white stripes on each end. They do have laces too. We call it a football. (but it can be thrown with from one person to another)

:D :D :D :D :D

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 02:38 PM

You are obviously well versed in this new sport. Can you come by and show us how it is played? We in Celina have never heard of it.

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Is that the deal they do in the gym between football and baseball?

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Is that the deal they do in the gym between football and baseball?

Is that the one where there is a big net across the gym. Girls play it. Some pretty boys up north too. Right?

Bullaholic
12-15-2008, 02:54 PM
This post is not intended to favor either team, but ask what I hope is a question that is on many minds.....

I have read that this year's Carthage team is blessed with possibly the best athletes ever in their history and they are superior in size and speed virtually across the board when compared to Celina----therefore:

Is the talent and athleticism of this year's Carthage team superior to that of most teams that Celina has faced in the state playoffs over the years? Or, is the talent and athleticism of this year's Celina team less than that of prior year's state champion teams? I hope I get some good, serious answers.

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This post is not intended to favor either team, but ask what I hope to be a question that is on many minds.....

I have read that this year's Carthage team is blessed with possibly the best athletes ever in their history and they are superior in size and speed virtually across the board when compared to Celina----therefore:

Is the talent and athleticism of this year's Carthage team superior to that of most teams that Celina has faced in the state playoffs over the years? Or, is the talent and athleticism of this year's Celina team less than that of prior year's state champion teams? I hope I get some good, serious answers.

Since I have not personally seen Carthage, I can't judge that. The talent and athleticism is there in Celina as it usually is. The Bus Driver and his Pit Crew have done a excellent job as usual.

I hear Carthage is going to destroy us and beat us bad. Celina has been hearing this forever it seems in every upcoming game this year. I guess Friday I and everyone else will know for certain.

Daddy D 11
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Carthage brought back quite a bit from when we played and beat them last year. They did indeed have a very big, nasty offensive line. They run blocked very well but did not pass block too great. If Celina brings pressure off the outside like they did against LH on pass attempts, Blackshire will have a long night. Carthages defense impressed me last year, yes they wore down considerably in the second half against us, but who didn't? They had a very good defensive scheme and their players did an exceptional job of plugging the gaps and sticking to their assignments, so it could be harder for Celina to move the ball this weekend than last. Something that I would look out for is the lack of discipline that alot of the Carthage players displayed. That is what tore them apart, once LH started moving the ball, they really turned on themselves and fingers started getting pointed. If the Bulldogs do that against the Bobcats, Celina will stomp them into the ground. It will take a flawless, 48 minute long display of focus for Carthage to beat Celina. Celina is used to bringing that to the table each and every week because that coaching staff up there demands it, I'm not knocking the Carthage staff, but I have a hard time believing that Carthage can match the focus and execution that the Bobcats will bring Friday night. Celina's QB will run wild and Smith will barely break 100 yards for the Bulldogs, forcing Blackshire to do too much all my himself. That's my hypothesis:D

mistanice
12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Carthage's Coach Surratt hasn't been to many state championships, just one while he was the OC at Texas High.

Twirling Time
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Carthage brought back quite a bit from when we played and beat them last year. They did indeed have a very big, nasty offensive line. They run blocked very well but did not pass block too great. If Celina brings pressure off the outside like they did against LH on pass attempts, Blackshire will have a long night. Carthages defense impressed me last year, yes they wore down considerably in the second half against us, but who didn't? They had a very good defensive scheme and their players did an exceptional job of plugging the gaps and sticking to their assignments, so it could be harder for Celina to move the ball this weekend than last. Something that I would look out for is the lack of discipline that alot of the Carthage players displayed. That is what tore them apart, once LH started moving the ball, they really turned on themselves and fingers started getting pointed. If the Bulldogs do that against the Bobcats, Celina will stomp them into the ground. It will take a flawless, 48 minute long display of focus for Carthage to beat Celina. Celina is used to bringing that to the table each and every week because that coaching staff up there demands it, I'm not knocking the Carthage staff, but I have a hard time believing that Carthage can match the focus and execution that the Bobcats will bring Friday night. Celina's QB will run wild and Smith will barely break 100 yards for the Bulldogs, forcing Blackshire to do too much all my himself. That's my hypothesis:D

So do you think character will play a role in this game?

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Thanks for a good opinion. Thats what I like to hear. Good Post. As always.

Daddy D 11
12-15-2008, 03:19 PM

No, I do not. Did it come off as that?

RPF2666
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Good post Daddy...coming up for the game?

Daddy D 11
12-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Good post Daddy...coming up for the game?

Not sure yet, I don't want to drive lol So I'm waiting to see if I can catch a ride with someone. I really want to see how far Carthage has come from last year.

75009Football
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Carthage 54
Celina 28

WOW. N4SIR, please make sure you hold your nose when you take a jump like that.

waterboy
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Before the Liberty Hill game, I thought that there was no way Celina would've been able to stay on the field with this Carthage team. I knew there was a chance that Celina would beat Liberty Hill, just not a good one. Not only did they beat the Panthers, they did it IMPRESSIVELY. With that being said, Celina definitely got my attention, along with the Bulldogs. To say they have no chance is just nonsense! Needless to say, those early season losses by BOTH teams are a thing of the past.

Now, I haven't seen Celina play in person this year, so it's hard to compare the two teams. Celina has been here before, and seems to peak at the right time year in and year out. That bodes well for Celina because, if that were not the case, on paper at least, they wouldn't stand a chance against a Carthage team that is much bigger, faster, and more athletic. But that's where the intangibles come into play. Nobody executes their game plan better than Celina. They may not........well, let's face the facts.......they are not the fastest, or the biggest, or the most athletically talented team around, but they do make up for it in execution. In other words, they RARELY beat themselves.

Carthage, on the other hand, is just now starting to build a tradition. They've had some good years here and there, but now they look to be one of those up-and-coming teams that will be in the mix EVERY year. Only time will tell whether they can hold up in the long haul, but I have a sneaking suspicion they will. I know Celina folks have heard all the chatter about how big, fast, athletic, and nasty these Bulldogs are, but I promise you it AIN'T just talk. That doesn't mean the Bobcats can't win, it just means that the odds look to be stacked against you. Seeing is believing is all I got to say about that.

As for picking a winner, it's hard to say without actually having seen Celina play. I will tell you this, though, Carthage is every bit as good as anyone y'all have played, and then some. If I were a betting man, and I'm being as objective as I can, I say Carthage wins this one in a relatively close game. If Carthage can hang onto the ball and not have any turnovers, I think they could possibly win by 2 TDs. Just my opinion.:cool:

Come on
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Not sure yet, I don't want to drive lol So I'm waiting to see if I can catch a ride with someone. I really want to see how far Carthage has come from last year. Im sure you can talk Super_R into driving you up to the game. As for me, I saw all I needed to see! Celina will be the kings this year

Daddy D 11
12-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Last year it wasn't "just talk" either about how much bigger, faster and stronger Carthage was than LH.

And how'd that one turn out?:thinking:

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Last year it wasn't "just talk" either about how much bigger, faster and stronger Carthage was than LH.

Now add Dwight Smith to the mix and things change

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
WOW. N4SIR, please make sure you hold your nose when you take a jump like that.

He doesn't need to hold his nose75009-THAT WAS A BELLYFLOP to begin with, and everyone knows a bellyflop is always done with your arms and legs flailing and your mouth wide open. NS is RIGHT WHERE HE OUGHT TO BE!

YOU GO BOY!!!!!

waterboy
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM

Duly noted.......and I see your point. Either way one of us lost to the eventual state champion. I ain't a Carthage homer, either. Like I said, it's hard to compare these two teams, and how they will match up having not seen Celina this year. I wouldn't be surprised either way. The ONLY thing that would surprise me is a blowout by either team. All I can say is may the best team win.:D

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 04:13 PM

You know my son went in to talk to Coach Ford this year about football and Coach Ford told him that what he loved about Celina was taking average football players and watching them play with above average heart and above average ability. So, yes, character is what Celina builds upon, be it with the starters or the second string, these coaches preach the same message...GIVE YOUR ALL AND THEN GIVE MORE.

RPF2666
12-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Before the Liberty Hill game, I thought that there was no way Celina would've been able to stay on the field with this Carthage team. I knew there was a chance that Celina would beat Liberty Hill, just not a good one. Not only did they beat the Panthers, they did it IMPRESSIVELY. With that being said, Celina definitely got my attention, along with the Bulldogs. To say they have no chance is just nonsense! Needless to say, those early season losses by BOTH teams are a thing of the past.

Now, I haven't seen Celina play in person this year, so it's hard to compare the two teams. Celina has been here before, and seems to peak at the right time year in and year out. That bodes well for Celina because, if that were not the case, on paper at least, they wouldn't stand a chance against a Carthage team that is much bigger, faster, and more athletic. But that's where the intangibles come into play. Nobody executes their game plan better than Celina. They may not........well, let's face the facts.......they are not the fastest, or the biggest, or the most athletically talented team around, but they do make up for it in execution. In other words, they RARELY beat themselves.

Carthage, on the other hand, is just now starting to build a tradition. They've had some good years here and there, but now they look to be one of those up-and-coming teams that will be in the mix EVERY year. Only time will tell whether they can hold up in the long haul, but I have a sneaking suspicion they will. I know Celina folks have heard all the chatter about how big, fast, athletic, and nasty these Bulldogs are, but I promise you it AIN'T just talk. That doesn't mean the Bobcats can't win, it just means that the odds look to be stacked against you. Seeing is believing is all I got to say about that.

As for picking a winner, it's hard to say without actually having seen Celina play. I will tell you this, though, Carthage is every bit as good as anyone y'all have played, and then some. If I were a betting man, and I'm being as objective as I can, I say Carthage wins this one in a relatively close game. If Carthage can hang onto the ball and not have any turnovers, I think they could possibly win by 2 TDs. Just my opinion.:cool:

Thanks for the report. I know for a fact our slow, small, un-athletic kids will show up and try hard....

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:27 PM

I know this guy didn't start it, but I agree with a post a few days back that this basketball diss to teams who's football season's have ended, or are predicted to end, IS VERY TIRED. Can't we all be a little more original when dissing someone on the board?

I make a motion that the mods automatically suspend for at least 24-48 hours any future user that throws out this unimaginative phrase. Any seconds?

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Pretty good post waterboy. Surprisingly not too biased for east texas. I'm with you, and like most normal people, to say that either team doesn't stand a chance in the state championship is just ridiculous. But as we all know, none of this nonsense on here lights up that scoreboard, thats why they give our teams 48 minutes to duke it out and work all this out. Com'on Friday! Go Bobcats!!

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This post is not intended to favor either team, but ask what I hope is a question that is on many minds.....

Well, I will leave the answer to others and take a different tact:

A while back, a thread was started asking how many D1 players your school had right now. I don't remember the exact results, but I do remember that Gilmer's list was long and impressive. Celina and Liberty Hill had very short lists comparatively. The moral of the story is the best and highest number of athletes don't always translate to championships. See this year version of Dallas Cowboys for more proof.

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM

I am encouraged by this and hope you are right!!!

But then, I remember what you thought was going to happen last week.:D

waterboy
12-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the report. I know for a fact our slow, small, un-athletic kids will show up and try hard....
No doubt, they will!:thumbsup: If they didn't have those intangibles I mentioned they wouldn't be able to play a team like Carthage and keep it respectable, much less win! That's the facts, but Celina has played teams that were bigger, faster, and more athletic before, and won. That's why I won't write them off.......but the odds are definitely stacked against them in this one.

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Not sure yet, I don't want to drive lol So I'm waiting to see if I can catch a ride with someone. I really want to see how far Carthage has come from last year.

Well, they didn't have Smith last year did they. That's pretty far right there.

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah that's quite often the story mn95. I'm looking at stats for the Carthage/Giddings game.... 6 FUMBLES by Giddings?!?! I know they only lost 1 of them, but you're going to lose if you fumble the ball 6 times, period. Also the stats are showing zero, yes ZERO passing attempts for Giddings, and yet they still put up 300 yards rushing against Carthage, being absolutely one dimensional. Carthage only passed 10 times completing 5 for 39 yards, I guess thats all they needed. Carthage is going to face a MUCH more balanced team this week. Let's get it on!

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I just thought this was worth repeating here as well

quote:Originally posted by N4SIR
I think you summed it up pretty good but I wanted to add a few comments:
I saw Celina loose to Daingerfield this year and I saw Carthage beat Gilmer. My opinion (there's that dirty word again) is that Carthage has more team speed than Celina
Your friend and East Texas homer!!!!!!

Okay, so just so I understand and am CLEAR on this...You saw Dangerfield beat Celina, and then you saw Carthage beat Gilmer, AND THUS, by your token East Texas intellect, Carthage is faster and will beat Celina. OH AND YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS HOMER.

OKAY I get it and submit this as additional information, using your same logic:

PART ONE
I was in a rather large East Texas town
last week at a stop light. I looked over and BIG AS ALL GET OUT was a van, with a huge CARTHAGE BULLDOGS sticker on the window, all red/white and black, just so you know I'm not making this up, and in the front seat behind the steering wheel, was this beefy ole boy, shaved head and nifty mustache to boot, with his finger about 1/2 inch in his nose, pulling out the prize and tasting the marinade, as I watched.

PART TWO
YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS BOY AS WELL. YOU ALSO SUPPORT THE CARTHAGE BULLDOGS.

PART THREE
LASTLY, YOU MUST PICK AND EAT YOUR BOOGERS.

But I'm sure you're really quick about it and show A LOT of athletic ability as you do so! NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!

c bobcats run
12-15-2008, 04:46 PM

I saw Celina loose to Daingerfield this year and I saw Carthage beat Gilmer. My opinion (there's that dirty word again) is that Carthage has more team speed than Celina

Okay, so just so I understand and am CLEAR on this...You saw Dangerfield beat Celina, and then you saw Carthage beat Gilmer, AND THUS, by your token East Texas intellect, Carthage is faster and will beat Celina. OH AND YOU ARE AN EAST TEXAS HOMER.

PART ONE
last week at a stop light. I looked over and BIG AS ALL GET OUT was a van, with a huge CARTHAGE BULLDOGS sticker on the window, all red/white and black, just so you know I'm not making this up, and in the front seat behind the steering wheel, was this beefy ole boy, shaved head and nifty mustache to boot, with his finger about 1/2 inch in his nose, pulling out the prize and tasting the marinade, as I watched.

PART TWO

PART THREE

But I'm sure you're really quick about it and show A LOT of athletic ability as you do so! NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!

Gotta love booger trash talk.

roflmao!!!!!

MN95
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Gotta love booger trash talk.

roflmao!!!!!

yes, you just can't go wrong with boogers, flatulence, and video of a man taking a good shot to the pills.

strosfan
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Carthage is the best team I've seen Giddings play in a long time. I haven't seen Celina play, but I know yall score a lot of points. So that being said, yall better score on every posession. B/C Carthage has the offensive line and RB Smith, and they will put up a lot of points.

Carthage 41
Celina 33

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 06:08 PM

PART THREE

Ya'll talk about ET being classless, what a bunch of sophomoric dribble!

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Ewwwww...them sound like fighting words. I'd be scurred but I'm still busy laughing about using your own logic to frustrate you :)

I wonder, are you driving around in a van, shaved head, with a nifty mustache?

Me thinks he protests too much.

And it's more like Master's level dribble SIR!:kiss:

75009Football
12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
He doesn't need to hold his nose75009-THAT WAS A BELLYFLOP to begin with, and everyone knows a bellyflop is always done with your arms and legs flailing and your mouth wide open. NS is RIGHT WHERE HE OUGHT TO BE!

YOU GO BOY!!!!!

Do we need to get the plunger now?

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
wow and it's only monday :crazy1:

some of these posts are disturbing... :thinking: :ack!: :thmbdwn:

please try to honor the game and the young men playing and don't lower yourself to all this other sophomoric or masters level drivel! :rolleyes:

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wow and it's only monday :crazy1:

some of these posts are disturbing... :thinking: :ack!: :thmbdwn:

please try to honor the game and the young men playing and don't lower yourself to all this other sophomoric or masters level drivel! :rolleyes:

GOOD GRIEF!

I know you're a MOD and I know we've had our words in the past:rolleyes: BUT I HAVE READ MUCH MORE DRIBBLE than what I just wrote, written by yourself in the past four seasons.

LET'S have a GIRL FIGHT, shall we, obeying all the rules now, because I'd just hate for you to have to bench with your superpowers.

We all have an opinion and SOME OF US have a sense of HUMOR about the circumstance. I have made HUGE efforts this season to ignore the RAMPANT pettiness and I continue to do so, but PLUUUEASSSEEE spare me the condescending air oh giver of all downlow abilities. :rolleyes: :cheerl: :hand:

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I want to ask a question for those that have seen Carthage play lately. If you had to stop Carthage's offense, how would you do it?

Pick6
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM

If you want class from Celina, talk to CHS_89 only.

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
GOOD GRIEF!

I know you're a MOD and I know we've had our words in the past:rolleyes: BUT I HAVE READ MUCH MORE DRIBBLE than what I just wrote, written by yourself in the past four seasons.

LET'S have a GIRL FIGHT, shall we, obeying all the rules now, because I'd just hate for you to have to bench with your superpowers.

We all have an opinion and SOME OF US have a sense of HUMOR about the circumstance. I have made HUGE efforts this season to ignore the RAMPANT pettiness and I continue to do so, but PLUUUEASSSEEE spare me the condescending air oh giver of all downlow abilities. :rolleyes: :cheerl: :hand: Oops! I just interrupted a discussion.

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Ewwwww...them sound like fighting words. I'd be scurred but I'm still busy laughing about using your own logic to frustrate you :)

It's Skeered, do it right if your gonna do it.
I'm just laughing at you being "busy laughing", maybe you should try and keep it down to a single activity, spit the gum out and concentrate, sit down if ya have to.:D

bobcat1
12-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If you want class from Celina, talk to CHS_89 only. And that means the rest of us are classless Pick6?

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
It's Skeered, do it right if your gonna do it.
I'm just laughing at you being "busy laughing", maybe you should try and keep it down to a single activity, spit the gum out and concentrate, sit down if ya have to.:D

I apologize for not having your athleticism and your speed in this quest of mighty responses, I can only hope that you don't post 54 times to my 28...I mean I'd hate to look like another North Texas SLACKER in front of all these fine folks.
Look, sweet THANG, I was just joshing with you, using logic spewed forth by another savvy East Texas football observer who no doubt could put me in place immediately and with little effort, just as you yourself have done.

I am so learning not to mess with the masters. Educate me you fine fella. Teach me your mighty ways of concentration. HOW DO I CHEW GUM PROPERLY? I'm really just a blank stare and sweet face. :inlove:

OrangeChamps
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
And that means the rest of us are classless Pick6?

No different than many other towns on here, I think a few of the Celina poster get a little prideful and speak before thinking. Giving the rest of us a bad rep. I also see a lot of Celina posters getting their feathers ruffled when anyone says anything except "Celina is the best team in 3A." However, I believe that is part of what makes Celina such a great program. We honestly believe we have the best program every year.

As hard as it if for me to say, though, Celina is not the only team that has pride and believes their team is the best in the state. Some of the posters, including myself, need to be mindful of this and stop crying and bowing up when someone thinks a team other than Celina will win.

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 06:50 PM
And that means the rest of us are classless Pick6?
I will give you props bobcat1. You have been reasobable and fair with my posts. Besides that, your bball comment yesterday had me laughing for a long time.

75009Football
12-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Finally some stats for Carthage, at least the Giddings game.

Score by QUARTERS Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final
Giddings (11-4) 7 7 0 0 - 14
Carthage (2-0) 7 21 6 7 - 41

FIRST QUARTER
C - Dwight Smith 22-yard run (Chris Dickerson kick) G - Eric Rimes 2-yard run (Zach Berry kick)

SECOND QUARTER
C - Si'Darius Blackshire 1-yard run (Dickerson kick) C - Smith 13-yard run (Dickerson kick) G - Trey Masek 26-yard run (Berry kick) C - Smith 61-yard run (Dickerson kick)

THIRD QUARTER
C - Smith 70-yard run (kick failed)

FOURTH QUARTER
C - Smith 2-yard run (Dickerson kick)

Team Statistics
Giddings Carthage
First Downs - FD 16 18
Passing - COMP 0 5
Passing - ATT 0 10
Passing - YDS 0 39
Rushing - ATT 60 37
Rushing - YDS 303 380
Rushing - TD 2 -
Interceptions - INT 0 0
Punts - PUNTS 2 5
Punts - PAVG 30.00 45.00
Fumbles - FUMB 6 0
Fumbles - LOST 1 0
Penalties - PEN 2 0
Penalties - YDS 22 0

Individual Statistics
Passing - Carthage COMP ATT YDS INT
Si'Darius Blackshire 5 10 39 0

Rushing - Giddings ATT YDS TD
David Bradshaw 8 63 -
Corey Brite 15 108 -
Trey Masek 22 93 1
Eric Rimes 14 39 1

Rushing - Carthage ATT YDS TD
Jarvin Robinson 2 35 -
Dwight Smith 22 298 -

MN95
12-15-2008, 06:52 PM
No different than many other towns on here, I think a few of the Celina poster get a little prideful and speak before thinking. Giving the rest of us a bad rep. I also see a lot of Celina posters getting their feathers ruffled when anyone says anything except "Celina is the best team in 3A." However, I believe that is part of what makes Celina such a great program. We honestly believe we have the best program every year.

As hard as it if for me to say, though, Celina is not the only team that has pride and believes their team is the best in the state. Some of the posters, including myself, need to be mindful of this and stop crying and bowing up when someone thinks a team other than Celina will win.

:clap: :clap:

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
I want to ask a question for those that have seen Carthage play lately. If you had to stop Carthage's offense, how would you do it?
It will be hard to do. If you shut down the run then they will go to the pass. They do either option exceptionally well. Your boys are going to need to get to the QB and put pressure on him. That will be hard to do with the O line Carthage has. Bring the blitz and bring it often. That might work. Oh and be sure to hit Smith low, he will run right over you if you go high.

75009Football
12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Celina is a rushing team that can throw the ball. Looks like that is what Carthage is going to do also. Sounds like this will be two pretty evenly matched teams as far as what they are going to try to do offensively. Only hitch I see is there are only two rushers for Carthage. It is working so props there. However, Celina will hit you with 3, 4, and 5 rushers. Makes it hard to stop them all. And we can still pass as can Carthage.

Now, what can the defense's do to stop those offenses?

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 07:02 PM
GOOD GRIEF!

We all have an opinion and SOME OF US have a sense of HUMOR about the circumstance. I have made HUGE efforts this season to ignore the RAMPANT pettiness and I continue to do so, but PLUUUEASSSEEE spare me the condescending air oh giver of all downlow abilities. :rolleyes: :cheerl: :hand:

LMAO! Yep, the men of the board would love this fight. I wonder how much $$ we could make? :thinking:

I'm a little strapped for cash with the Holidays and road trips to football games and could use the money!

And yes I am condescending. I'm not surprised you noticed. We usually recognize our own kind! :D

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
LMAO! Yep, the men of the board would love this fight. I wonder how much $$ we could make? :thinking:

I'm a little strapped for cash with the Holidays and road trips to football games and could use the money!

And yes I am condescending. I'm not surprised you noticed. We usually recognize our own kind! :D

Fair enough and I do RESEMBLE that remark.

Should we use mud or jello? :D

LHdog
12-15-2008, 07:05 PM
The Celina bubble is burst. Carthage wins, 35-14.

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 07:09 PM
I apologize for not having your athleticism and your speed in this quest of mighty responses, I can only hope that you don't post 54 times to my 28...I mean I'd hate to look like another North Texas SLACKER in front of all these fine folks.
Look, sweet THANG, I was just joshing with you, using logic spewed forth by another savvy East Texas football observer who no doubt could put me in place immediately and with little effort, just as you yourself have done.

I am so learning not to mess with the masters. Educate me you fine fella. Teach me your mighty ways of concentration. HOW DO I CHEW GUM PROPERLY? I'm really just a blank stare and sweet face. :inlove:
I think you do a fine job of chewin the gum, I just suggested that you remove it before you try any multi-tasking, darling.:inlove: and for gosh sake don't drive and try to blow bubbles! Just joshin back, fella.:kiss:

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I think you do a fine job of chewin the gum, I just suggested that you remove it before you try any multi-tasking, darling.:inlove: and for gosh sake don't drive and try to blow bubbles! Just joshin back, fella.:kiss:

Blow bubbles, big boy, why I always leave that to you East Texas types for your bathtub excitement and enjoyment.

I mean what else is there for you among all those Piney Woods if I were to take that away?

No, no, you go ahead and you blow those bubbles, and play that football, and pick....on us Celina folk all the night long. This could prove to be an aspirational week sweetheart and ever so educational for the little ole likes of me. I might actually learn a thing or two about that little pigskin game we all come here to talk about if I just follow after your postings. :devil:

Dieselsmoke
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Blow bubbles, big boy, why I always leave that to you East Texas types for your bathtub excitement and enjoyment.

I mean what else is there for you among all those Piney Woods if I were to take that away?

Oh, please don't take our bubble baths away!!! Baths, I mean bath as in weekly, right before we all settle in to watch Hee-Haw reruns on Saturday nights. I thought I would get to see how the Big Boys play football (we don't say pigskin, make the pet nervous) from you, the masters of the golden ball, enlighten me oh great one!!! :clap:

OrangeChamps
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Break out the boots, it's starting to get deep.

BILLYFRED0000
12-15-2008, 07:53 PM
I would like to see the Gilmer stats. I believe I am starting to get more comfortable with their running game or lack there of. One man shows are a lot easier to play on the rush. It sounds like they rely on the big man and should. I hope they stick to that.

pirate4state
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I would like to see the Gilmer stats. I believe I am starting to get more comfortable with their running game or lack there of. One man shows are a lot easier to play on the rush. It sounds like they rely on the big man and should. I hope they stick to that.

Score by QUARTERS Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final
Carthage (13-2) 7 17 7 0 - 31
Gilmer (12-2) 7 0 14 7 - 28

FIRST QUARTER
CAR — Dwight Smith, 66-yard run (Chris Dickerson kick) 3:55 GIL — Darian Godfrey, 1-yard run (Adan Olivares kick) 1:14

SECOND QUARTER
CAR — Si’Darius Blackshire 1-yard run (Dickerson kick) 9:17 CAR — Smith, 2-yard run (Dickerson kick) 3:26 CAR — Dickerson, 37-yard field goal :17

THIRD QUARTER
GIL — Kedon Franklin, 6-yard pass from Godfrey (Olivares kick) 9:27 CAR — Smith, 3-yard run (Dickerson kick) 5:37 GIL — Zach Jones, 10-yard pass from Godfrey (Olivares kick) :26

FOURTH QUARTER
GIL — Godfrey, 1-yard run (Olivares kick) 5:58

Team Statistics
Gilmer Carthage
First Downs - FD 15 27
Passing - COMP 16 13
Passing - ATT 32 21
Passing - YDS 231 184
Passing - TD 2 -
Rushing - ATT 24 49
Rushing - YDS 120 298
Rushing - TD 1 3
Interceptions - INT 3 2
Punts - PUNTS 4 1
Punts - PAVG 32.00 31.00
Fumbles - FUMB 1 4
Fumbles - LOST 1 1
Penalties - PEN 3 5
Penalties - YDS 12 39

Individual Statistics
Passing - Gilmer COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Darian Godfrey 16 32 231 2 2

Passing - Carthage COMP ATT YDS INT TD
Si’Darius Blackshire 13 21 184 3 -

Rushing - Gilmer ATT YDS TD
Darian Godfrey 14 80 1
Marlon Granville 2 6 -
Jeremy Jackson 8 34 -

Rushing - Carthage ATT YDS TD
Jarvin Robinson 2 17 -
Dwight Smith 34 232 3
O’Bryan Washington 12 51 -

Receiving - Gilmer REC YDS TD
Kedon Franklin 4 42 1
Marlon Granville 3 35 -
Hunter Harrison 3 53 -
Tristan Holt 1 66 -
Jeremy Jackson 2 11 -
Zach Jones 2 15 1
Gus Osborne 1 9 -

Receiving - Carthage REC YDS TD
Jalen Claiborne 1 15 -
Joe Jones 4 80 -
Trevor Murphy 4 52 -
Edward Pope 1 18 -
Jarvin Robinson 1 0 -
Dwight Smith 2 19 -

link (http://www.news-journal.com/prep/stats/football/controller?Page=school_details&AltAction=&Nav=schdresults&Sport=1&Season=7&School=213145&Player=&Schedule=360413)

garciap77
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Me too!:D

GO Celina!:clap:

Come on
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM

As hard as it if for me to say, though, Celina is not the only team that has pride and believes their team is the best in the state. Some of the posters, including myself, need to be mindful of this and stop crying and bowing up when someone thinks a team other than Celina will win. Great Post. This year Celina IS THE BEST in 3A!! Dang it. they say the truth shall set you free but it is still Hurting Me.

Go Bobcats

Daddy D 11
12-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000

I was thinking the same thing. Also, against us last year Carthage ran alot of stretch plays and what they were doing with the ball was very obvious. Yes, this Smith dude is supposed to be the real deal and he will be a load to stop. But Celina's defense literally swarmed to the ball against LH's misdirections offense, which no one has really ever done, ever. I don't see Carthage doing anything that will surprise Celina. And just drop the whole bigger, faster, stronger thing if you're from East Texas because Celina has a team full of strong kids and overall their team speed really impressed me.

d0tc0m
12-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Daddy D knows whats up. Com'on Friday.

marler1972
12-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I think they are alot like Dfield except the running back is bigger than Dfields and you know what we did to them in the second half.

CelinaTurf
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
...do it right if your gonna do it...I'm just laughing at you...maybe you should try and keep it down to a single activity, spit the gum out and concentrate...:D

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID !:evillol: :evil: :thumbsup: :crazy: :crazy1:

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID !:evillol: :evil: :thumbsup: :crazy: :crazy1:

There you go again telling on poor old Diesel

CelinaTurf
12-15-2008, 09:39 PM
QUESTION:

WHY DON'T MOST PEOPLE COMBINE DEISEL AND SMOKE?

CelinaProud
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Oh, please don't take our bubble baths away!!! Baths, I mean bath as in weekly, right before we all settle in to watch Hee-Haw reruns on Saturday nights. I thought I would get to see how the Big Boys play football (we don't say pigskin, make the pet nervous) from you, the masters of the golden ball, enlighten me oh great one!!! :clap:

I had a pithy little response, and it was truly worthy of our exchange, but you know Turf got to you before I could.....so I pass the torch.

CelinaTurf
12-15-2008, 09:42 PM
WHO AMONG US WOULD STAND IN DEISEL WHILE SMOKING???:crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: :taunt: :taunt:

75009Football
12-15-2008, 10:03 PM

Team Statistics
Gilmer Carthage
First Downs - FD 15 27
Passing - COMP 16 13
Passing - ATT 32 21
Passing - YDS 231 184
Passing - TD 2 -
Rushing - ATT 24 49
Rushing - YDS 120 298
Rushing - TD 1 3
Interceptions - INT 3 2
Punts - PUNTS 4 1
Punts - PAVG 32.00 31.00
Fumbles - FUMB 1 4
Fumbles - LOST 1 1
Penalties - PEN 3 5
Penalties - YDS 12 39

More of the balanced attack weve heard about in this game. Gilmer could not run the ball effectively against Carthage but they did chunk it pretty well. It does look good for Celina to see those 4 drops and 3 INT's though.

mnlavey
12-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Finally some stats for Carthage, at least the Giddings game.

Score Team Statistics
Giddings Carthage
Punts - PUNTS 2 5
Punts - PAVG 30.00 45.00

What was Giddings doing that Carthage had to punt 5 times (for a very nice average)? Or was that the second string stopped 5 times?

CelinaTurf
12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
HONESTLY... How many of you ET folk smoke while pouring diesel on yourselves???

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ROLL YOUR CIGGIE IN DIESEL AND SMOKE IT???

:confused: :nerd: :confused:

OOOOWWWWEEEEE!!! Is that the smell of gas??? Must be them bull-puppies running toward the big ole BOBCAT end zone... I can just imagine a puppy bully-dog running 100 yards... his cute little leggies moving 100 mph, sunglasses on, tongue hanging out the corner of his mouth, eating a grasshopper, gasping for air, heart thumping 1000 bpm, so eager to get just one more taste of that good ole diesel fuel... when all of a sudden the young thing gets a glimpse of brilliant orange streaking bullet past him with the leather wrapped piggie bladder leaving a cloud of smoke behind him BECAUSE HE RUNS SO FAST...

It's just a beautiful, touching image in my mind... is it a prophecy??? Am I a part time prophet??? A full time prophet??? A two-bit criminal??? Drunk on diesel fuel??? STAY TUNED...

Thanks for the prophecy diesel-smoke(r).

alaskacat
12-16-2008, 02:27 AM
After looking at the Gilmer CArthage stats it seems Carthage is no better than LH...with a little help a turnover or two...which looks possible would/should make it doable.

Take out one big run and your back to 150 rushing for smith...tolerable

Should prove a super duper game.

If we can control the clock it will be even better

come on friday

d0tc0m
12-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Well stats can be deceiving sometimes. And to be no better than LH is still to be a very good team. Carthage will be harder to shut down as they will have more speed and are going to spread us out rather than give us an opportunity to put 10 guys in the box. Can it be done? Absolutely. And I'd trust no one more than our Bobcats and our coaching staff to come up with a plan to stop Blackshire and Smith. Go Bobcats!!

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Well stats can be deceiving sometimes. And to be no better than LH is still to be a very good team. Carthage will be harder to shut down as they will have more speed and are going to spread us out rather than give us an opportunity to put 10 guys in the box. Can it be done? Absolutely. And I'd trust no one more than our Bobcats and our coaching staff to come up with a plan to stop Blackshire and Smith. Go Bobcats!!

Anyone looking objectively can see that Carthage is the real deal, period. They are balanced, and apparently very athletic. I agree with you d0tc0m, I'll trust something this important to those who have proven over and over an ability to compete with anyone.

gatordaze
12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Are we home or visitor?

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I had a pithy little response, and it was truly worthy of our exchange, but you know Turf got to you before I could.....so I pass the torch.
Ya gotta be proud of him!

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
HONESTLY... How many of you ET folk smoke while pouring diesel on yourselves???

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ROLL YOUR CIGGIE IN DIESEL AND SMOKE IT???

:confused: :nerd: :confused:

OOOOWWWWEEEEE!!! Is that the smell of gas??? Must be them bull-puppies running toward the big ole BOBCAT end zone... I can just imagine a puppy bully-dog running 100 yards... his cute little leggies moving 100 mph, sunglasses on, tongue hanging out the corner of his mouth, eating a grasshopper, gasping for air, heart thumping 1000 bpm, so eager to get just one more taste of that good ole diesel fuel... when all of a sudden the young thing gets a glimpse of brilliant orange streaking bullet past him with the leather wrapped piggie bladder leaving a cloud of smoke behind him BECAUSE HE RUNS SO FAST...

It's just a beautiful, touching image in my mind... is it a prophecy??? Am I a part time prophet??? A full time prophet??? A two-bit criminal??? Drunk on diesel fuel??? STAY TUNED...

Thanks for the prophecy diesel-smoke(r).

He's really good, "how many ET folk smoke while pouring diesel on yourself", in fact he's brilliant! Does he have a tall stand he sits in on the square or is it an official city position.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Are we home or visitor?

I heard visitor, but don't remember where is heard or saw it, so take it for what it's worth...

mnlavey
12-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Celina is the visitor.

Go Cats - Beat Carthage!

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Ya gotta be proud of him!

Tit for Tat so to speak Diesel. I don't always agree with Turf and his posts, he's a little more edgy than me but it is what it is on here.

The truth is, I was just having fun with you and Turf's THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID post made me laugh so hard I cried. Like it or not, it's hard hitting humor BUT FUNNY STUFF. Granted, all of this at your cost, but you mess with the bull and you get the horns sometimes:)

I have been on this board for four seasons, and I admit to being a seasonal poster. First year I just watched and listened, second season I just fought with everyone from an opposing town, last year I calmed down but still had some spit and vinegar in my veins, and this year, I have been less mouthy...well NOT with you, but by generalities:)

Here's what I know,

Every year, for the last four years, MANY MANY OF THOSE WE PLAY act SHOCKED that Celina makes it as far as we do, and WHOEVER we're playing talks much trash about us losing by a landslide or by a margin, losing nonetheless, and the further we get, the more the talk runs. AND then THE DEBATE IS ON and inevitably someone says, "OH WELL YOU'RE COACHING IS SO PERFECT AND YOUR TRADITION IS SO GRAND, EDUCATE ME GURUS OF FOOTBALL" to some Celina poster. And then the predictions of loss get crazy and the talk, on both sides, goes amuck.

Truth is, we can and do lose to good teams when we're off, like earlier this season, and we do lose to GREAT teams even when we're on, like LH in 2006 (many Celina posters will disagree but this is my take baby). The other truth is, we do have an AMAZING coaching staff. They are the most humble men and even after four years of being around I'm still in a little awe of what they accomplish every year with these young men and for this town. As for the tradition, I have never seen such a thing.

I was out last night in sleet and 20 degree weather with 20 other Bobcat moms decorating a locker room and field house for the game, and I left first because I had my little girl with me and the rest all stayed to finish it up. They do this every week, along with collectively cooking for the whole team every Thursday. You can't walk a foot downtown, or drive a mile in town, without seeing posters, bails of hay, and signs with well wishes, and everyone in this town supports these kids and each other. Ever been to a town where the parents take off early on Fridays for peprally's at the high school and once playoff's start, they're held downtown, so the general public can be accommodated? Not to mention the travel, the support, the care for each other.
Three weeks ago, my son rolled and totaled his SUV and truthfully could have died. At the crash scene it was a teacher who stopped and called the police, his football teammates that came to make sure he was alive and kicking and moms who called me because I was 45 minutes away to check on ME:)

SO YEAH DIESEL I AM PROUD. EVEN OF TURF.

I am proud of this town, of our young men and their awesome coaches, of the tradition and the attitude and the love and favor of God (as well as the acceptance of that). I AM PROUD.

As for Carthage, it's your Celina, and I know if you love it the way I do my city, you feel just as protective. So you go boy, and you talk, but as for me and my house, WE BELIEVE.

GO BOBCATS!!!! NINE IS DIVINE:)
:inlove:

75009Football
12-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, visitors again. When are the boys going to get to play a SC in Orange? My son will miss the Orange and my daughter wants the band to have the honors of playing in front of the crowd.

buff4ever
12-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I haven't seen Celina play, but just comparing the talent levels of the better teams we played (Liberty Hill, Bellville, Sealy, and all the lowly teams we faced in region 4), Carthage across the board was head and shoulders above the rest.

Smith can tote the rock, no question. If you want to know how to stop carthage I would focus on stopping the run and make them throw. They didn't pass very successfully on giddings, but they didn't have to due to our inability to stop Smith. It was the most powerful run attack with a great back behind a pretty darn good line. LH's run game was much easier to contain, Nunn from bellville was much easier to contain, the sealy stud was much easier to contain, and the Rio Hondo power run was easier to contain.

Giddings was able to move the ball on the ground w/o a single pass attempt, but all in all the carthage defense was solid enough in my opinion to win the next game. We will see.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 10:59 AM
nm

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Finally got to see a little film on Carthage and man, they are impressive. Kinda look like a mix of Daingerfield and WH with bigger, stronger, and faster athletes. Not sure if the Carthage QB can pass as well as the WH QB, but he is definitly a great player. Smith is the real deal. Strong, physical, and fast. He is a good back and suppose to be the best, but that's what excites me about this game. Are we good enough to stop him, or are we the 2nd best team in the state. We'll find out.

purring kitty
12-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Prosper might still have the bragging rights on the "best 3A team in the state" status no matter who wins. Guess Celina will just have to take care of them next year. Celina had a rebuilding year and Prosper caught them at a bad time. No doubt Prosper is very good and congrats to them for a great year. I for one am just so happy to have Celina in the Championship Game. Who would have thought it after that third loss? Just goes to show you what determination and hard work can do.

Purrrrrr..............................

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by purring kitty
Prosper might still have the bragging rights on the "best 3A team in the state" status no matter who wins. Guess Celina will just have to take care of them next year. Celina had a rebuilding year and Prosper caught them at a bad time. No doubt Prosper is very good and congrats to them for a great year. I for one am just so happy to have Celina in the Championship Game. Who would have thought it after that third loss? Just goes to show you what determination and hard work can do.

Those three losses are what has helped this team get to the championship game. Now it's looking like those losses are what's going to help us in the upcoming game. Sometimes the best motivation is the memory and fear caused by losing.

Celina never Rebuilds, they Reload.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Tit for Tat so to speak Diesel. I have been less mouthy...well NOT with you, but by generalities:)

So you go boy, and you talk, but as for me and my house, WE BELIEVE.

GO BOBCATS!!!! NINE IS DIVINE:)
:inlove:

First do you need a hand down from your soapbox? I would like you to show me where I said one thing negative about Celina, you can't. I have a son that plays multiple sports and has been very successful at it, I understand that community support plays a big part in the success of the players and the program. A lot of towns go the extra step to support their teams, our boys get together on Thursdays before the game and have a team huddle, the dads get together and cook them something while they review the upcoming game and share the word of the Lord. I have lived close enough to Celina to attend several of their games, although it was 20 years ago, I have continued to follow their success over the years and catch a game every now and then. My own children's participation keeps me from watching schools outside our district as much as I would like to. Celina, nobody does it better, to have a successful program like Celina it requires first, excellent coaching with a commitment to the kids, the kids must commit to the program and the coaches, the administration has to let the coaches coach and the community has to give the whole program it's full support! Celina has that, and maybe a little more! Celina poster like to jump on anyone that has a different opinion than their own, that's fine I don't have thin skin. Carthage will challenge the Celina Bobcats, they have a very balanced attack, they match up well with Celina as far as talent and physical play. You don't have to agree with that, just like I don't have to think that Celina will smash Carthage. Yet, no one has really any idea how things will go Friday because neither team has ever played the other and have no common opponents this year. We can only see what's on film and what's on the net and you can't really tell how good a team is until you see them in person. Until then I will continue to insist that whoever wins this game will have earned it in every facet of the game and it will probably be a much different game than many of you seem to think. I'm begging you, please don't give Carthage a chance and make sure to let your kids know how much better they are than Carthage.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
First do you need a hand down from your soapbox? I would like you to show me where I said one thing negative about Celina, you can't. I have a son that plays multiple sports and has been very successful at it, I understand that community support plays a big part in the success of the players and the program. A lot of towns go the extra step to support their teams, our boys get together on Thursdays before the game and have a team huddle, the dads get together and cook them something while they review the upcoming game and share the word of the Lord. I have lived close enough to Celina to attend several of their games, although it was 20 years ago, I have continued to follow their success over the years and catch a game every now and then. My own children's participation keeps me from watching schools outside our district as much as I would like to. Celina, nobody does it better, to have a successful program like Celina it requires first, excellent coaching with a commitment to the kids, the kids must commit to the program and the coaches, the administration has to let the coaches coach and the community has to give the whole program it's full support! Celina has that, and maybe a little more! Celina poster like to jump on anyone that has a different opinion than their own, that's fine I don't have thin skin. Carthage will challenge the Celina Bobcats, they have a very balanced attack, they match up well with Celina as far as talent and physical play. You don't have to agree with that, just like I don't have to think that Celina will smash Carthage. Yet, no one has really any idea how things will go Friday because neither team has ever played the other and have no common opponents this year. We can only see what's on film and what's on the net and you can't really tell how good a team is until you see them in person. Until then I will continue to insist that whoever wins this game will have earned it in every facet of the game and it will probably be a much different game than many of you seem to think. I'm begging you, please don't give Carthage a chance and make sure to let your kids know how much better they are than Carthage.

You obviously aren't reading in between your rants. You don't see alot of Celina 'Bluster' here. We support our kids and coaches, and believe in them. We know Carthage is a very good team or they would not be where they are.

Knowone is underestimating Carthage. The Bobcats will show up and do what they do, and if it's good enough, will win. If it's not, the community will be there with open arms to console these great kids.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 11:45 AM
You obviously aren't reading in between your rants. You don't see alot of Celina 'Bluster' here. We support our kids and coaches, and believe in them. We know Carthage is a very good team or they would not be where they are.

Knowone is underestimating Carthage. The Bobcats will show up and do what they do, and if it's good enough, will win. If it's not, the community will be there with open arms to console these great kids.
Rants? Want to expound on that.

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 11:49 AM

Right on RPF, I was right in the middle of writing the exact same thing before I saw your post.

Speak proudly of your town but don't get defensive when no one's questioning you diesel. We are all going to get on the soap box from time to time.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Maybe 'rants' was a little strong...but I stick to my opinion that you are not getting much 'Billboard Material' from Celina folks...at least that's what I'm reading.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Right on RPF, I was right in the middle of writing the exact same thing before I saw your post.

Speak proudly of your town but don't get defensive when no one's questioning you diesel. We are all going to get on the soap box from time to time.

Again, where did I say anything negative about Celina. I have supported Carthage with absolutely zero smack. Yet I have been asked if I drive a van and sport a mustache, presuming I guess, that I eat buggers. I questioned the class of that post, and have said that Carthage is not the only one with posters that let their homer-ism get in the way of what these young men have accomplished this year. If you can't accept that someone can also support their team as vigorously as Celina supports theirs......then you only support my point. Good luck and we will see!

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 12:01 PM
First do you need a hand down from your soapbox? I would like you to show me where I said one thing negative about Celina, you can't. Celina poster like to jump on anyone that has a different opinion than their own, that's fine I don't have thin skin. Carthage will challenge the Celina Bobcats, they have a very balanced attack, they match up well with Celina as far as talent and physical play. You don't have to agree with that, just like I don't have to think that Celina will smash Carthage. Yet, no one has really any idea how things will go Friday because neither team has ever played the other and have no common opponents this year. We can only see what's on film and what's on the net and you can't really tell how good a team is until you see them in person. Until then I will continue to insist that whoever wins this game will have earned it in every facet of the game and it will probably be a much different game than many of you seem to think. I'm begging you, please don't give Carthage a chance and make sure to let your kids know how much better they are than Carthage.

Good grief. That's all. Did you read what you called my soap box? I mean really. Of course your NOT thin skinned and it shows by your posting.

Also, show me, if you can, AND YOU CAN'T, where I have said one negative thing about Carthage. I was the first person on here to ask for stats and to do the research. Carthage is a fine team and we may or may not lose this game but just as with LH, I wont be saying anything's definitive but I will be ROOTING for the Bobcats which apparently TICKS YOU OFF TO NO GOOD END. Well, SUCK ON IT BUDDY, cause I'm gonna root for them BOBCATS!

I didn't even RESPOND to YOUR POSTS DIESEL. My response was directed to N4SIR who has run his mouth APLENTY, with logic that I thought was ill-witted and less than solid. SO I MADE A JOKE and you JUMPED ON ME, AND I RESPONDED. :clap:

Good grief, the whole point is I believe in this town and am proud to be associated with it on many different levels. I never said, EVER, we'd win. and you'd lose. I never said I thought that, my kid thinks that or anyone I know believes that. My posts didn't even infer that! The inference was, don't make the ASSumption that we will lose because N4SIR saw us lose to dangerfield, saw gilmer beat dangerfield and saw Carthage beat gilmer. THAT WAS MY ONLY POINT!!! A valid one by any measuring stick I might remind you.

Whatever, come on big boy, keep spewing forth and calling things that aren't as if they are......AND BY ALL MEANS TELL ME AGAIN HOW THICK YOUR SKIN IS.:rolleyes:

gatordaze
12-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Everyone seems focused on their O v. our D. I fully expect Mr. Smith and Company to have 4-5 TD's and even a big game. He is a legit talent as is their O. I also expect us to score on them with at least the same frequency. We have faced good defenses and have scored no less than 40 in the playoffs. I beleive that if we need to keep our foot on the gas that we will continue to outscore our opponents. We scored on every possession against LH and they are good. We only need to hold serve once or twice and we will win this game..

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Again, where did I say anything negative about Celina. I have supported Carthage with absolutely zero smack. Yet I have been asked if I drive a van and sport a mustache, presuming I guess, that I eat buggers. I questioned the class of that post, and have said that Carthage is not the only one with posters that let their homer-ism get in the way of what these young men have accomplished this year. If you can't accept that someone can also support their team as vigorously as Celina supports theirs......then you only support my point. Good luck and we will see!

What ever, who is their soapbox now, it was a joke...just a joke and I'M THE WOMAN. REALLY? Your thought process is far too advanced for me. I'm done typing.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 12:11 PM
quote:

Ewwwww...them sound like fighting words. I'd be scurred but I'm still busy laughing about using your own logic to frustrate you

I wonder, are you driving around in a van, shaved head, with a nifty mustache?

Me thinks he protests too much.

And it's more like Master's level dribble SIR!

Yea, you never responded to one of my posts. Celina wins no doubt! I guess your not going to invite me to your tailgate party either! :D

75009Football
12-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Those three losses are what has helped this team get to the championship game. Now it's looking like those losses are what's going to help us in the upcoming game. Sometimes the best motivation is the memory and fear caused by losing.

Celina never Rebuilds, they Reload.

I dont think the DF or the WH losses put the fear into the Bobcats nearly as much as the Prosper loss did. Last year Prosper had a very good team and were looking to knock off Celina and Celina went in and killed them. When it did not happen that way this year, I think the boys decided they needed to do something about it and that is when the transformation began. Little by little this has not been the same team since and once the playoffs began the intensity has been ratcheted up.

Thanks Prosper.... I think??? Did I really type that?

Go BOBCATS, it's CELINA TIME. Its it game time yet?

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Again, a joke, you sweet THANG. The diatribe started because I originally posted to N4SIR, not you.

I was joking with you. TRULY.

Now I am tempted to cut and paste all your bluster but there is no point. Why repeat the insanity. It's cyclical.

You can come to the tailgate party but you better bring me some red wine after all this.

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I dont think the DF or the WH losses put the fear into the Bobcats nearly as much as the Prosper loss did.

I absolutely agree, that was the moment our boys decided to step up instead of step down. They come together, rose up, and knew they weren't ever giving up again. I believe the DF/WH losses come in to play this week, however. Maybe not up to Carthage's level, but similar powerhouse ET football teams that give indication of what Friday night will be like. Let's see if we can ratchet up another level this week.

waterboy
12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Everyone seems focused on their O v. our D. I fully expect Mr. Smith and Company to have 4-5 TD's and even a big game. He is a legit talent as is their O. I also expect us to score on them with at least the same frequency. We have faced good defenses and have scored no less than 40 in the playoffs. I beleive that if we need to keep our foot on the gas that we will continue to outscore our opponents. We scored on every possession against LH and they are good. We only need to hold serve once or twice and we will win this game..
Oooookay! That's the key. The question is will Celina be able to put points on the board regularly? You see, for all the talk about the Bulldog offense, the defense is pretty good, too. They will bend from time to time, but they rarely break. They have a whole lot of speed on their defense, so breaking one is gonna be a rarity. They'll just run you down from behind. On defense, I'm sure the Bobcats will be ready, but I would be surprised if they are able to shut down Smith, Blackshire, and company any more than maybe 4 times during the course of the game, unless there are turnovers. So, yes, the Bobcats must maintain pressure on the Bulldogs by scoring on nearly every possession. If they can do that the Bobcats will win. If they do, it will also be something nobody else has been able to do all season.;) Good luck with that!:thumbsup:

CelinaTurf
12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
He's really good, "how many ET folk smoke while pouring diesel on yourself", in fact he's brilliant! Does he have a tall stand he sits in on the square or is it an official city position.

I sit on top of diesel pumps and pass diesel.:crazy1:

CelinaTurf
12-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by purring kitty

And great coaching utilizing the talents of the kids to the maximum potential.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 01:26 PM

And NO they are not saying Carthage's coach's aren't capable of doing the same thing! (Couldn't help but interject)

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 01:29 PM

And NO they are not saying Carthage's coach's aren't capable of doing the same thing! (Couldn't help but interject)

WELL...I for ONE am DEFINITELY NOT saying THAT!

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
WELL...I for ONE am DEFINITELY NOT saying THAT!

I know, just know how things like that tend to get jumped on by folks who aren't from Celina...more of that 'Boasting' we are famous for!

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 02:27 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smoker:

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Again, a joke, you sweet THANG. The diatribe started because I originally posted to N4SIR, not you.

I was joking with you. TRULY.

Were you joking with me too?

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Okay. Thanks for your opinion. I have heard it no less than 3 times today. You may go. Will be waiting on Lost Aussie's opinion. Thanks.
I was disapointed to find out that you heard from Lost Aussie and didn't let me know. Wonder why? Could it be that he validated my opinion that Carthage would win? BTW - if you go back and read the pm he sent you, he is pretty much dead on. I agree with everything he said -- including the part about Carthage can be beat and the reasons why. The only thing I disagree with Lost Aussie on is his prediction of the final score. I think Carthage will score more than what he predicted.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I wouldn't expect anything less from anyone who Carthage beat.

Somehow, them beating everyone else validates what you feel about your team. I feel the same way. I had hoped to see Prosper win state, and they did. I hope Dangerfield does, also.

Heck, if you look at it on paper, Carthage should slaughter Celina, based solely on the number of bodies they have to choose from. Anything less than a slaughter and Carthage should be embarassed!

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
So, yes, the Bobcats must maintain pressure on the Bulldogs by scoring on nearly every possession. If they can do that the Bobcats will win. If they do, it will also be something nobody else has been able to do all season.;) Good luck with that!:thumbsup:

Just for discussion. LH defense was ranked higher (Massey) than Carthage. We did score on them on every possession. I'll be willing to bet no other teams did this year.

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:13 PM
I was disapointed to find out that you heard from Lost Aussie and didn't let me know. Wonder why? Could it be that he validated my opinion that Carthage would win?

Well, if he validated your opinion, still doesn't mean anything. Did Lost Aussie predict prior to your game with Gilmer that Carthage would win? Maybe he did, I don't know. But if he didn't, that means his fabulous prediction skills were wrong 2 weeks ago, so how can I ever trust them now? I guess I'll just have to wait for the game to be played instead of relying on these expert predictions.

c bobcats run
12-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Just for discussion. LH defense was ranked higher (Massey) than Carthage. We did score on them on every possession. I'll be willing to bet no other teams did this year.

Save me having to look it up. How much higher?

CHS_89
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
For me it comes down to this. On offense we need to grind away and keep their D on the field for as long as possible. We were able to do this against a very salty D last week. Limit penalties and turnovers and we will do OK.

On defense, slow down the running game and eliminate big plays. With a running back like Smith, this will be difficult in my op. Penetrate their line and get pressure on the QB and RB's. Defensive ends must contain the outside runs.

I expect a very tough matchup against their balanced offense. We can win this game if we play smart and eliminate mistakes.

Lets Roll...Celina Time!!!

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Save me having to look it up. How much higher?

It doesn't appear they have updated this week yet, even though it says they do at 2 pm EST on Tuesday. So it currently has LH defense at 7 and Carthage at 17.

Now, let's all remember Massey predicted LH to beat us last week by 2 I think. So, it's obviously not foolproof, but tends to be directionally correct (that's a corporate term my company is fond of).

Aunt_Ester
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM

PART ONE

PART TWO

PART THREE

I FINALLY GOT ON HERE! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. BOOGER PICKING JOKES ABOUT FOLKS FROM EAST TEXAS IS DOWN RIGHT WRONG. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE FROM CELINA. YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE NOW. THAT IS A HORRIBLE STEREO TYPE AND I BET YOUR MAMA IS REAL PROUD!

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 03:22 PM
It doesn't appear they have updated this week yet, even though it says they do at 2 pm EST on Tuesday. So it currently has LH defense at 7 and Carthage at 17.

Now, let's all remember Massey predicted LH to beat us last week by 2 I think. So, it's obviously not foolproof, but tends to be directionally correct (that's a corporate term my company is fond of).
I guess I'll just have to wait for the game to be played instead of relying on these expert predictions.

bobcat1
Originally posted by Aunt_Ester
I FINALLY GOT ON HERE! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. BOOGER PICKING JOKES ABOUT FOLKS FROM EAST TEXAS IS DOWN RIGHT WRONG. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE FROM CELINA. YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE NOW. THAT IS A HORRIBLE STEREO TYPE AND I BET YOUR MAMA IS REAL PROUD! :clap: :clap: :clap:

RPF2666
If you aren't capable of dealing with a joke...you better go back where you came from....:) And if you haven't read the original post, which was poking fun at assuming everyone, everywhere
is the same, you should!

CHS_89
12-16-2008, 03:25 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree. Can we move on now?

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
For me it comes down to this. On offense we need to grind away and keep their D on the field for as long as possible. We were able to do this against a very salty D last week. Limit penalties and turnovers and we will do OK.

On defense, slow down the running game and eliminate big plays. With a running back like Smith, this will be difficult in my op. Penetrate their line and get pressure on the QB and RB's. Defensive ends must contain the outside runs.

I expect a very tough matchup against their balanced offense. We can win this game if we play smart and eliminate mistakes.

Lets Roll...Celina Time!!! I agree. D-line needs to be 2 yards deep to hit this back when he gets the ball. Kinda like they did Ashton Whiteside from Vernon a few years back. He will eventually break one. Just limit those breaks. Celina will also have to have perfect execution again this week on offense. Go Cats!

waterboy
12-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Good question. I'm not sure about that one because it's based on numbers alone. I will tell ya this, though. A whole lot of the points and yardage against Carthage were gained late in blowout games. The only thing about that is that can be said about alot of good teams, Celina and Liberty Hill included. So, really it just boils down to the matchups in this game. I've seen Carthage play, and I will tell ya I don't have a problem thinking that they definitely have an advantage in that area against any team I've seen. Of course, like I said, I haven't seen Celina play. So there, I hope that is as clear as mud!:D

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Were you joking with me too?

Yes, I was joking literally with EVERYONE from East Texas, and no one specifically. Now you set it up for me with your statement, and I just used the same theory you used IN THAT statement to create my initial post to you, AS A JOKE.

I don't agree with your logic there N4SIR or a great many of your posts, but you are right that Carthage is darn good. They are fast, fast, fast and they are lean, mean, running machines. They are also one of two teams left in this division vying for the State title. WOW! I mean that. the thing is, I'm the mom of a player on the other team that I consider, YOUR EQUAL, and my loyalty goes to and for his and ours.

I DO NOT think this game is a cake walk, not for my beloved Bobcats, and not for your Bulldogs. We will see on Friday who the next State title goes to and if it's you, I will begrudgingly log on and tell you that you were the better team this year. If we win, I expect the same from you.

You too are welcome to come to the tailgating party and the M&G. I be drinking red wine with Diesel:)

c bobcats run
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM

Thanks Homey.