PDA

View Full Version : D2 State Game- Carthage Bulldogs vs Celina Bobcats.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
I guess I'll just have to wait for the game to be played instead of relying on these expert predictions.

Those were my EXACT words. Agree with you.:clap:

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Aunt_Ester
I FINALLY GOT ON HERE! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE. BOOGER PICKING JOKES ABOUT FOLKS FROM EAST TEXAS IS DOWN RIGHT WRONG. I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE FROM CELINA. YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE NOW. THAT IS A HORRIBLE STEREO TYPE AND I BET YOUR MAMA IS REAL PROUD!

Actually, she is.

I am beginning to think you fine folk from East Texas are bunched up a bit these days.

Aunt E I wish your boys luck and safety on Friday and to the fans, a well-honed syringe loaded with a sense of humor to be used immediately.

For anyone I offended, please get over it. If your dainty parts are withering, expose them to the sun and I'm sure they'll man up.

That's as close to an apology as I'm coming lady. Woman to woman.

mnlavey
12-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Everyone seems focused on their O v. our D. I fully expect Mr. Smith and Company to have 4-5 TD's and even a big game. He is a legit talent as is their O. I also expect us to score on them with at least the same frequency. We have faced good defenses and have scored no less than 40 in the playoffs. I beleive that if we need to keep our foot on the gas that we will continue to outscore our opponents. We scored on every possession against LH and they are good. We only need to hold serve once or twice and we will win this game..

Gatordaze - I think you are showing your single-minded football focus here. As the husband of a USTA National Finalist tennis player (my lovely and vivacious wife Jenny), I know you hold serve when you win the game that you are serving (on offense). You break the other players serve when you win the game they are serving (on defense).

That clarified - let's go break some serves this week!

Go Cats - Beat Carthage.

N4SIR
12-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by CelinaProud
Yes, I was joking literally with EVERYONE from East Texas, and no one specifically. Now you set it up for me with your statement, and I just used the same theory you used IN THAT statement to create my initial post to you, AS A JOKE.

I don't agree with your logic there N4SIR or a great many of your posts, but you are right that Carthage is darn good. They are fast, fast, fast and they are lean, mean, running machines. They are also one of two teams left in this division vying for the State title. WOW! I mean that. the thing is, I'm the mom of a player on the other team that I consider, YOUR EQUAL, and my loyalty goes to and for his and ours.

I DO NOT think this game is a cake walk, not for my beloved Bobcats, and not for your Bulldogs. We will see on Friday who the next State title goes to and if it's you, I will begrudgingly log on and tell you that you were the better team this year. If we win, I expect the same from you.

You too are welcome to come to the tailgating party and the M&G. I be drinking red wine with Diesel:)

Thanks for the invite. I appreciate the hospitality. Already have plans to eat at Pappasitos with some friends before the game or I would take you up on it. I know Celina is a worthy opponent and I wish your son and his teamates good luck and hope they all go home without any injuries. I don't have a dog in the race since my Buckeyes lost. I just love high school football (and stirring the pot too) and enjoy so much reading the posts from everyone. I am predicting a Carthage win. If they don't -- I will be just fine with Celina taking it and yes I will be here next week to take my licks and here the "I told you so's" from the Celina faithful. I'm just looking forward to one awesome football game.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 03:47 PM
There you go! :clap:

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Thanks for the invite. I appreciate the hospitality. Already have plans to eat at Pappasitos with some friends before the game or I would take you up on it. I know Celina is a worthy opponent and I wish your son and his teamates good luck and hope they all go home without any injuries. I don't have a dog in the race since my Buckeyes lost. I just love high school football (and stirring the pot too) and enjoy so much reading the posts from everyone. I am predicting a Carthage win. If they don't -- I will be just fine with Celina taking it and yes I will be here next week to take my licks and here the "I told you so's" from the Celina faithful. I'm just looking forward to one awesome football game.

Thank you Sir and thanks for taking my JOKE as it was meant. Good luck and to the best team goes the trophy:)

MN95
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mnlavey
Gatordaze - I think you are showing your single-minded football focus here. As the husband of a USTA National Finalist tennis player (my lovely and vivacious wife Jenny), I know you hold serve when you win the game that you are serving (on offense). You break the other players serve when you win the game they are serving (on defense).

Go Cats - Beat Carthage.

A little off topic, but may I recommend a classic tennis book for everyone? It was written by Rene Richards in the 70's and the title is:

"How To Play Tennis Without Balls":D

bobcat1
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by MN95
A little off topic, but may I recommend a classic tennis book for everyone? It was written by Rene Richards in the 70's and the title is:

"How To Play Tennis Without Balls":D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I be drinking red wine with Diesel:)
With our Pinkie finger out! :inlove:

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 03:52 PM
With our Pinkie finger out! :inlove:
OF COURSE! Is there any other way. :kiss:

Aunt_Ester
12-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Actually, she is.

I am beginning to think you fine folk from East Texas are bunched up a bit these days.

Aunt E I wish your boys luck and safety on Friday and to the fans, a well-honed syringe loaded with a sense of humor to be used immediately.

For anyone I offended, please get over it. If your dainty parts are withering, expose them to the sun and I'm sure they'll man up.

That's as close to an apology as I'm coming lady. Woman to woman.

SAVE YOUR BREATH. YOUR JOKE WAS INSULTING. SO HERE IS A JOKE FOR YOU CELINA WOMAN.

I SEEN THE PARKING LOT WITH ALL YOUR KIDS BMW'S AND MERCEDES BENSES AND I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU PAY THE FAMILIES TO MOVE TO CELINA SO THEY CAN HAVE YOUR BOY PLAY. I HEARD ABOUT ALL THE RECRUITING SO WHAT YOU SAY BOUT THAT. SOME OF US DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY BUT I TELL YOU WHAT WE CAN BUST US SOME HEADS AND PLAY FOOTBALL. I HOPE YOUR PLAYERS ARE READY FOR THE TRAIN ITS COMING. ALL YOUR MONEY AND CARS DONT MAKE YOU BETTER. WHY YOU ALL THINK THAT. I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU EAT THE WHOLE BUCKET OF CROW. CELINA TIME? NAH. YOUR GONNA BE BUSTED UP ON FRIDAY.

RPF2666
12-16-2008, 05:52 PM
SAVE YOUR BREATH. YOUR JOKE WAS INSULTING. SO HERE IS A JOKE FOR YOU CELINA WOMAN.

I SEEN THE PARKING LOT WITH ALL YOUR KIDS BMW'S AND MERCEDES BENSES AND I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU PAY THE FAMILIES TO MOVE TO CELINA SO THEY CAN HAVE YOUR BOY PLAY. I HEARD ABOUT ALL THE RECRUITING SO WHAT YOU SAY BOUT THAT. SOME OF US DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY BUT I TELL YOU WHAT WE CAN BUST US SOME HEADS AND PLAY FOOTBALL. I HOPE YOUR PLAYERS ARE READY FOR THE TRAIN ITS COMING. ALL YOUR MONEY AND CARS DONT MAKE YOU BETTER. WHY YOU ALL THINK THAT. I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU EAT THE WHOLE BUCKET OF CROW. CELINA TIME? NAH. YOUR GONNA BE BUSTED UP ON FRIDAY.

You been looking in the wrong parking lot Auntie...we're a little further up the road!

Bullaholic
12-16-2008, 05:54 PM

Please, please tell me you are just "in character", Aunt_Ester....Otherwise, I'm going to have to assume that someone named "The Chief" has stolen your keyboard.

75009Football
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Is it game time yet?

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 06:37 PM

What was funny about you being in the NOTSAYINGITAFTERALL High School parking lot or the apparent female lack of direction you just proved?

Waiting on the punchline...oh and the train, sweetness and light.

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 06:46 PM
As to the recruiting.....you are so dead on. You know we moved here from GCISD (Grapevine-5A) some years back because Coach Ford recruited us so my son could play JV ball for two years and back up on Varsity his senior year. I mean it's not like my husband has a job in this area or we own a home and pay taxes and such. Na, na...we, and several other recruits, live part time in the back of this little gas-grocery called Bobcat Kuntry and the coaches, who recruited us so strongly, come by and give us rides to school and church. But man oh man, that playing time my son aint getting sure makes it worth while. Cause see, here's the rub, these recruiting coaches, will only play the kid that plays the position the absolute best, and as it turns out, many of those boys were born and raised right here in Celina and for those who did move in, and did land that starting position, well, that aint talent or skill, that's just recruiting. I mean it has to be right? Except for us, we were only promised back up positions. I guess it's all in the negotiations right up front. I gotta get a better lawyer! :clap:

gatordaze
12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by mnlavey

Go Cats - Beat Carthage.

Of course, but you got my intent. Thanks for the clarification.

Go Bobcats

MN95
12-16-2008, 06:48 PM

What an uninformed post. She clearly has us mistaken with SL Carroll or Plano West. Our parking lot is dominated by old pickup trucks! If you heard about recruiting, you heard wrong. People throw out all sorts of crap to explain what they can't understand (the most recent example of this was steroid use): how does a smaller school with less talented athletes win consistently?

And here we go with the train thing again. Lady, get a clue and STOP SHOUTING.

OrangeChamps
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Celina has been winning b/c of recruiting for years. Seriously come up with some new material. That and lay off that thar 'shine ye bin a brewin' awl day. Then maybe you will realize your CAPS LOCK IS ON.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Celina has been winning b/c of recruiting for years..

WOW..You admit it? SHOCKING

:D I kid I kid

bigdaddy
12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
The earlier statement sounds like a really intelligent individual
that's really a dumb ass without a brain.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Mom got on the computer.............sorry, my room is locked now and I've turned off the cap lock, it won't happen again.:D

MN95
12-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Mom got on the computer.............sorry, my room is locked now and I've turned off the cap lock, it won't happen again.:D

Well, if mom were in Celina, she could just take her Mercedes, past the local Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, to one of the many corners on the town square that have a Starbucks and just use their free wireless service.

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, if mom were in Celina, she could just take her Mercedes, past the local Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, to one of the many corners on the town square that have a Starbucks and just use their free wireless service.
If mom was in Celina the house the Booster Club paid for would have been setup with wi-fi access!

d0tc0m
12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah but most people in Celina wouldn't even talk to her if she were that poor and hung out on the bad side of town. :D

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 08:42 PM

Now see, that's funny.

:clap:

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Now see, that's funny.

I enjoy playing hard to get:kiss: especially with someone that has a blank stare and a sweet face!

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I enjoy playing hard to get:kiss: especially with someone that has a blank stare and a sweet face!

Oh you only say that because you know I'm a woman NOW! :D

That works though because I like hard to get, opinionated, loyalty.

NOW WHERE'S MY RED WINE? And don't let mom near it, she's had enough already :D :crazy1:

Dieselsmoke
12-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh you only say that because you know I'm a woman NOW! :D

That works though because I like hard to get, opinionated, loyalty.

NOW WHERE'S MY RED WINE? And don't let mom near it, she's had enough already :D :crazy1:

Said she was headin for Celina, gonna do some "shoppin"

CelinaProud
12-16-2008, 09:21 PM
:taunt: :spitlol:

You're rollin tonight!:D

orange machine
12-16-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/videopage.ht...13824&shu=1

BleedOrange
12-16-2008, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aunt_Ester

I SEEN THE PARKING LOT WITH ALL YOUR KIDS BMW'S AND MERCEDES BENSES AND I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU PAY THE FAMILIES TO MOVE TO CELINA SO THEY CAN HAVE YOUR BOY PLAY. I HEARD ABOUT ALL THE RECRUITING SO WHAT YOU SAY BOUT THAT. SOME OF US DONT HAVE MUCH MONEY BUT I TELL YOU WHAT WE CAN BUST US SOME HEADS AND PLAY FOOTBALL. I HOPE YOUR PLAYERS ARE READY FOR THE TRAIN ITS COMING. ALL YOUR MONEY AND CARS DONT MAKE YOU BETTER. WHY YOU ALL THINK THAT. I CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU EAT THE WHOLE BUCKET OF CROW. CELINA TIME? NAH. YOUR GONNA BE BUSTED UP ON FRIDAY. [/QUOTE

Dearest Aunt Ester,

One of the most articulate posts I have ever read. Informed, intelligent, and quite frankly it brought a tear to my eye. I think that maybe you inserted your finger past the requisite half inch and breached the outer layer of your brain leading to damage of the cerebral cortex.

I have attempted to cipher your meaningless gibberish and to summarize you believe that you will give Celina a significant beating. I have no doubt that Carthage will be ready to play and quite frankly they are the favorites in this game. If Celina loses, trust me, you will know you have been in a war. Ask your East Texas brethren from Daingerfield to get some insights.

Good luck to all the players from Carthage and Celina and may we have a clean injury free game on both sides. I will note that from the tenor of your post I think you are wishing ill will on the orange. If that makes you feel better and overcome your obvious inferiority complex then have at it. I must go now but I am sure you diggings have marinated long enough and should be ready for you.

BaTmAn24
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Carthage by 7

ctown
12-17-2008, 01:05 AM

Awesome. There's the TRAINS A COMMIN post I been waiting for. As for the recruiting, you only have to do it for a couple championships, then you have all the people you want knocking the door down to come play for the BEST PROGRAM IN TEXAS. Now go shack up with Grady and git yo Dawg face on....YEEEEAH BABY

orange machine
12-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Breaking news from Austin concerning E. Texas football

Texas Governor Rick Perry and Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal have come to agreements that all of East Texas from as far north as Bonham Tx to as far south as Hunstville Tx and everything east will now be incorperated by the great state of Louisiana. Talk between both Governers started earlier in the year with Jindal stating that Lousiana needed the best High School football programs Texas has so more families will move to his state. Perry agreed that East Texas has the biggest, fastest and toughest teams in the state of Texas. Perry further stated that he would allow the East Texas teams to be incorperated by Lousisana so that all the other teams in Texas could have a better chance at succsess since all other teams in Texas are small, slow and not very skilled. After Perry finished his news conference a standing ovation was given to Perry with coaches and football fans saying thank you. Tears flowed :bigcry: as the crowds screamed and yelled with excitment. :D

Aunt_Ester
12-17-2008, 06:45 AM
YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT. I GET HOME FROM WORK TO SEE THAT YOU ALL MADE MY POINT FOR ME. CELINA HAS ALL THE MONEY IT NEEDS FOR INDOOR FIELDS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. THAT ALL IS PART OF THE RECRUITING PROCESS. IS ALSO READ HOW YOU GOT A BUNCH OF PRO ATHLETE LIVING THERE TOO. THERE KIDS GOING TO CELINA. I BET THEY DONT DRIVE OLD TRUCKS LIKE YOU SAY. WE AINT GOT MUCH OF THAT BUT WE STILL HERE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

AND CELINA PROUD, GLAD YOU RAISED YOURSELF UP TO GET OUT OF THE TRAILER, THAT KIND OF COMMENT SHOW JUST HOW SHALLOW AND CONCEITED YOU ARE. THERE ARE SOME GOOD PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN TRAILER.

BIG OL FAT TRAIN COMIN! YOU BETTER GET READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gatordaze
12-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Have you seen our indoor facility. It would make for as nice haunted house. I understand that it was one of the first in Texas 3A but this is not something you show your "recruits"

BleedOrange
12-17-2008, 07:25 AM
YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT. I GET HOME FROM WORK TO SEE THAT YOU ALL MADE MY POINT FOR ME. CELINA HAS ALL THE MONEY IT NEEDS FOR INDOOR FIELDS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. THAT ALL IS PART OF THE RECRUITING PROCESS. IS ALSO READ HOW YOU GOT A BUNCH OF PRO ATHLETE LIVING THERE TOO. THERE KIDS GOING TO CELINA. I BET THEY DONT DRIVE OLD TRUCKS LIKE YOU SAY. WE AINT GOT MUCH OF THAT BUT WE STILL HERE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

AND CELINA PROUD, GLAD YOU RAISED YOURSELF UP TO GET OUT OF THE TRAILER, THAT KIND OF COMMENT SHOW JUST HOW SHALLOW AND CONCEITED YOU ARE. THERE ARE SOME GOOD PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN TRAILER.

You really need to relax. They (me included) are poking fun at your continued overreaction and obvious lack of knowledge about our fine community. I am certain you feel the same about yours.
Get over your bitter self and things will be fine. Good luck to your team and may you someday realize its not what you have that measures your success it is your deeds.

marler1972
12-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Man I wish I could live in a trailer. I have a old beat up truck with a camper top on the back of it.

oldtownag
12-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Several people commented on this game being on tv. I can not find anything on the TXA21 website. Where are you getting your info and can you give more details to air time and channel?

MN95
12-17-2008, 08:49 AM

Ma'am, again you are just uninformed and confusing us with maybe Prosper? That is where Dieon Sanders, Tori Hunter, and Latrell Hawkins live, not Celina. We have one that I can think of and he has one son on the team. Prosper has a gleaming indoor facility that Dieon built for them. Ours is just a metal building with turf inside, better than none, but certainly low rent compared to most. Try to get your facts straight and you will find you get much more respect.

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Have you seen our indoor facility. It would make for as nice haunted house. I understand that it was one of the first in Texas 3A but this is not something you show your "recruits"

It was one of the First in AA...

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You really need to relax. They (me included) are poking fun at your continued overreaction and obvious lack of knowledge about our fine community. I am certain you feel the same about yours.
Get over your bitter self and things will be fine. Good luck to your team and may you someday realize its not what you have that measures your success it is your deeds.

Using Good English would also help a person in life...:D

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 09:06 AM
THAT ALL IS PART OF THE RECRUITING PROCESS. IS ALSO READ HOW YOU GOT A BUNCH OF PRO ATHLETE LIVING THERE TOO. THERE KIDS GOING TO CELINA.

A bunch of Pro Athletes living in Celina??? I can think of one. Craig James, who else???

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm up to 63 post now with this one LHPM... :D

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Well Dang, I didn't mean to shut the whole thread down with my replies. Come on I am just starting to get into this thread, thanks to Aunt E....

purring kitty
12-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Dieselsmoke, please tell me you are really Aunt E incognito. This has to be a joke, because nothing is this good.

Do you wear a dress to get into character?

Bullaholic
12-17-2008, 11:31 AM
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/auntester.jpg

"Hah, Glory! THE TRAIN'S A COMIN, SUCKA." :D

(Sorry folks---I just HAD to do this.) :D

Bullaholic
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
And for the Celina fans:

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/trainwreck.jpg

Dieselsmoke
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by purring kitty
Dieselsmoke, please tell me you are really Aunt E incognito. This has to be a joke, because nothing is this good.

Do you wear a dress to get into character?

She climbed out of the window late last night and I haven't seen her since! Please tell me your not getting your smack lessons from Celina Turf, he's been breathin way too much of my diesel fumes! Holla at Celina Proud, SHE knows how to push my buttons:inlove: :inlove:

LHHS_Mom
12-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I know this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I just noticed Orange Defense comment on the number of posts being made... what's the magic number and what's the prize? :D

purring kitty
12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Bullaholic:

What's up with being down on Celina?

We took care of Liberty Hill for you.

Bullaholic
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Bullaholic:

What's up with being down on Celina?

We took care of Liberty Hill for you.

Not at all, kitty.....I just put up an actual pic of the real Aunt Ester from "Sandford and Son" saying what the board Aunt_Ester has been posting---that is what SHE says--not me. To balance things off to send the message to you Celina folks that I am just having some picture fun---I posted up the pic of a train wreck in the next post. And yes the Bulls did receive a lot of support from the Celina folks before the LH game, which we appreciated, and if you will go back earlier in this thread you will see that I predicted Celina by 10 this week because I think they are playing that well right now.

purring kitty
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Thanks Bullaholic -- Hope you are right. Are you coming to the game?

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LHHS_Mom
I know this isn't the appropriate place to ask, but I just noticed Orange Defense comment on the number of posts being made... what's the magic number and what's the prize? :D

Once you reach 1500 post then you can use your own avatar.

Bullaholic
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks Bullaholic -- Hope you are right. Are you coming to the game?

Sadly, I won't get to see this one---too many Christmas parties in the way, but I'm going to try to keep up with the score if I can. I wish the Bobcats the best in their quest to bring yet another state title home to Celina and North Central Texas. I also have a lot of respect for a tremendously talented Carthage team making their quest for the D2 title, also.

LHHS_Mom
12-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks Orange Defense :) ....it looks like I've got a long way to go..-laughs-

Orange Defense
12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LHHS_Mom
Thanks Orange Defense :) ....it looks like I've got a long way to go..-laughs-

You are very welcome!!!
Yep, me too!!! I want ever get there, I'm sure...

75009Football
12-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
http://www.pcpros-tx.com/auntester.jpg

"Hah, Glory! THE TRAIN'S A COMIN, SUCKA." :D

(Sorry folks---I just HAD to do this.) :D

Come'on Bullaholic, admit it, you are really Dieselsmoke's mom's in disguise here on the DL.

CelinaTurf
12-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by 75009Football
Come'on Bullaholic, admit it, you are really Dieselsmoke's mom's in disguise here on the DL.

No... I sit on that pump too and pass diesel... a lot.

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Breaking news from Austin concerning E. Texas football

Texas Governor Rick Perry and Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal have come to agreements that all of East Texas from as far north as Bonham Tx to as far south as Hunstville Tx and everything east will now be incorperated by the great state of Louisiana. Talk between both Governers started earlier in the year with Jindal stating that Lousiana needed the best High School football programs Texas has so more families will move to his state. Perry agreed that East Texas has the biggest, fastest and toughest teams in the state of Texas. Perry further stated that he would allow the East Texas teams to be incorperated by Lousisana so that all the other teams in Texas could have a better chance at succsess since all other teams in Texas are small, slow and not very skilled. After Perry finished his news conference a standing ovation was given to Perry with coaches and football fans saying thank you. Tears flowed :bigcry: as the crowds screamed and yelled with excitment. :D

That just goes to show you the political savvy of Gov's Perry and Jindal. So when we win, does this mean we'll be the state champs for La. as well?!?!?:taunt:

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM
YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF ME ALL YOU WANT. I GET HOME FROM WORK TO SEE THAT YOU ALL MADE MY POINT FOR ME.

Okay, first of all, so glad you actually have a job. That helps in more ways than I have to recount.

As to my heritage, I never said there weren't great folks living in mobile homes or trailers or the Piney Woods. As for my conceited ways, it's more about condescending really, as I have recently been informed:), and HUMOR, which I find is STILL NEEDED by you individually. Below is a quote, I think you could relate to:) ALL MY LOVE AUNT E...sincerely, safety and good luck to your boys and your train.

Jerry Rice, San Francisco 49ers Wide Receiver

"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that."

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 04:29 PM
She climbed out of the window late last night and I haven't seen her since! Please tell me your not getting your smack lessons from Celina Turf, he's been breathin way too much of my diesel fumes! Holla at Celina Proud, SHE knows how to push my buttons:inlove: :inlove:

Diesel man, I am so done button pushing for today anyhow...catch me on Friday about 8 pm:) I am even trying to be nice to sweet ole Aunt E. You're momma's got a mouth on her, eh? No wonder I push your buttons :p

waterboy
12-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey! Dieselsmoke and CelinaProud...........get a room! Please!:D

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey! Dieselsmoke and CelinaProud...........get a room! Please!:D

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!

waterboy
12-17-2008, 04:57 PM
THAT'S WHAT HE SAID!
So.......y'all gonna meet up for a little "button-pushing" session?:inlove: :D

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 05:16 PM
So.......y'all gonna meet up for a little "button-pushing" session?:inlove: :D

I think pushing my husband's buttons is about all the button pushing I'm inclined to do these days. I talk a big game, but playbook's pretty narrow :cool:

BobcatBenny
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey, have I mentioned that I am picking Celina to beat Carthage?

Just in case you were wondering! :D

waterboy
12-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey, have I mentioned that I am picking Celina to beat Carthage?

Just in case you were wondering! :D
:eek: Whaaaaaaa???:eek:

:D

crzyjournalist03
12-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll pick Carthage in this one just because I was on their bandwagon last year and they almost made me look really smart!

Oh, and I also met some cute girls at a summer camp about 6 years ago, and they were from Carthage.

waterboy
12-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'll pick Carthage in this one just because I was on their bandwagon last year and they almost made me look really smart!

Oh, and I also met some cute girls at a summer camp about 6 years ago, and they were from Carthage.
:tisk: I don't believe anything could make you look smart!:D j.k.

You little skirt chaser you.:D

CelinaCatFan
12-17-2008, 06:10 PM
After Friday's game, someone is going to be telling Aunt Ester that "it's the big one!" (hand clutched over their chest)

Who will be playing the role of Fred Sanford? All interested viewers should tune in Friday night. Right, LaMont?...LaMont?

Aunt_Ester
12-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Okay, first of all, so glad you actually have a job. That helps in more ways than I have to recount.

As to my heritage, I never said there weren't great folks living in mobile homes or trailers or the Piney Woods. As for my conceited ways, it's more about condescending really, as I have recently been informed:), and HUMOR, which I find is STILL NEEDED by you individually. Below is a quote, I think you could relate to:) ALL MY LOVE AUNT E...sincerely, safety and good luck to your boys and your train.

Jerry Rice, San Francisco 49ers Wide Receiver

"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that."

WHAT? YOU IMMEDIATELY ASS....UMED THAT I WAS LAZY AND DIDNT WORK? YOU REALLY ARE SOMETHING. WHY DONT YOU GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND COME DOWN TO EARTH. NOT ALL EAST TEXAS PEOPLE ARE ON WELFARE AND LAZY. I BET YOU STAY AT HOME WITH YOUR 2.5 KIDS IN YOUR BIG OL HOUSE EATING MOON PIES AND DRINKING BIG RED ALL DAY. PROLLY BIG AND FAT.

I BEEN READING UP ON THE LITTLE CITY OF CELINA. YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SUCCESS IN THE PAST AND NOW IT IS ALL GONNA CATCH UP ON YOU. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE POWER OF OUR LINES AND OUR RUNNING BACK.

BIG OL RED TRAIN COMIN!!!!

OrangeChamps
12-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Esther, one thing I'm a little disappointed in. I wish you would stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

Aunt_Ester
12-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Esther, one thing I'm a little disappointed in. I wish you would stop beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

ITS SPELLED ESTER...

OrangeChamps
12-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry Etser

MN95
12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
ITS SPELLED ESTER...

OK then, you spelled "probably" wrong in your post:D

OrangeChamps
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
So Ester, any score prediction for the game?

Daddy D 11
12-17-2008, 06:49 PM
So Aunt E, is Carthage as big and bad as they were last year? When all we heard was how nasty their line is, how great their running back is and how athletic their quarterback is? Does their defense still bring the "wood" harder than any team in the great state of Texas? Because if so, well, Celina is just fine. Because all that greatness still resulted in your butt whooping at the hands of the Liberty Hill Panthers.

So, until all this East Texas talk actually results in I don't know, maybe an actual win? We will still believe that you are just blowing smoke in our faces:)

Now, run along and go play in your pine trees:D

Aunt_Ester
12-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
So Aunt E, is Carthage as big and bad as they were last year? When all we heard was how nasty their line is, how great their running back is and how athletic their quarterback is? Does their defense still bring the "wood" harder than any team in the great state of Texas? Because if so, well, Celina is just fine. Because all that greatness still resulted in your butt whooping at the hands of the Liberty Hill Panthers.

So, until all this East Texas talk actually results in I don't know, maybe an actual win? We will still believe that you are just blowing smoke in our faces:)

Now, run along and go play in your pine trees:D

WHY YOU WANT TO GET ALL MIXED UP IN THIS. YOU ARE ALREADY DONE. CRAWL BACK IN THAT HOLE AND CRY SOME MORE.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2008, 06:57 PM
WHY YOU WANT TO GET ALL MIXED UP IN THIS. YOU ARE ALREADY DONE. CRAWL BACK IN THAT HOLE AND CRY SOME MORE.

When Carthage wins back to back state championships and 38 straight games, then you can crawl out of your little hole and talk:D Okay?

Heck, I'll be nice, when Carthage actually accomplished half of that, then you can talk. And for you uneducated East Texas folk, that means 1 state title and 19 straight wins.

Now, will you please run along? Because in two days we will never hear from you again anyways, so you might as well just go into hiding now:)

MN95
12-17-2008, 06:59 PM
When Carthage wins back to back state championships and 38 straight games, then you can crawl out of your little hole and talk:D Okay?

Heck, I'll be nice, when Carthage actually accomplished half of that, then you can talk. And for you uneducated East Texas folk, that means 1 state title and 19 straight wins.

Now, will you please run along? Because in two days we will never hear from you again anyways, so you might as well just go into hiding now:)

It takes her a few extra seconds to reply because she has to make sure her CAPS LOCK is on.

Daddy D 11
12-17-2008, 07:11 PM
It takes her a few extra seconds to reply because she has to make sure her CAPS LOCK is on.

She's trying to count all their wins in a row on her fingers and toes. Good thing she isn't counting them on her teeth, she probably doesn't have any:eek: :D

And then she thought about trying to count state titles, but quickly gave up that argument because well, they have none:(

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
WHAT? YOU IMMEDIATELY ASS....UMED THAT I WAS LAZY AND DIDNT WORK? YOU REALLY ARE SOMETHING. WHY DONT YOU GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND COME DOWN TO EARTH. NOT ALL EAST TEXAS PEOPLE ARE ON WELFARE AND LAZY. I BET YOU STAY AT HOME WITH YOUR 2.5 KIDS IN YOUR BIG OL HOUSE EATING MOON PIES AND DRINKING BIG RED ALL DAY. PROLLY BIG AND FAT.

I BEEN READING UP ON THE LITTLE CITY OF CELINA. YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SUCCESS IN THE PAST AND NOW IT IS ALL GONNA CATCH UP ON YOU. YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE POWER OF OUR LINES AND OUR RUNNING BACK.

BIG OL RED TRAIN COMIN!!!!

WHAT YOU IMMEDIATE ASS?.....UMED I LIKED THE TASTE OF MOON PIES OR BIG RED?

FIRST OF ALL, LET'S ADDRESS THE KIDS. I, IN FACT, DO HAVE 2.5 KIDS, BUT LITTLE TOMMY, WHO'S FATHER WAS BORN AND RAISED IN EAST TEXAS, HATES IT WHEN PEOPLE CALL HIM SHORT. HE PREFERS THAT WE REFER TO HIM AS THE "STATISTICAL EQUALIZER".
BUT THANK YOU FOR KNOWING ME SO WELL.
AS FOR HAVING A BIG OLE HOUSE...I TOLD YOU WE KINDA GOT SNAKED WHEN THEY RECRUITED US ESTER, AND I SHARE MY SPACE WITH THIS OTHER POORLY REPRESENTED FAMILY WHO WAS RECRUITED AT THE SAME...LIVING IN THE BACK OF THE GAS-GROCERY STATION AND SHOWERING OUT AT THE CARWASH A FEW BLOCKS DOWN. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT LADY. IT AINT MUCH BUT IT'S HOME. LASTLY, AS TO THE FAT PART.....THEM WORDS HURT:bigcry: . MY MOMMA TOLD ME I WAS BEAUTIFUL, JUST THE SIZE I WAS.

OH AND AS FER THAT THERE TRAIN AUNTIE, TIA, DARLING, I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S COMING, IT'S RED AND I BEST BE OFF THE TRACK....NOW I GOTTA GO LOVE.

I GOTTA ET ME SOME DINNER. FEED THE BEAST SO TO SPEAK.

OH, AND I DID HAVE A HIGH HORSE ONCE UPON A TIME, BUT AS YOU SO CRUELLY POINTED OUT, MY INGESTION OF MOON PIES & BIG RED STOPPED HIS ELEVATED MEANDERING IN ITS PLACE.

CelinaProud
12-17-2008, 07:19 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

75009Football
12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, Massey is not giving Carthage too much love these days. Carthage beats Gilmer and Gilmer stays on top by a hair in the updated ratings, mainly because of Carthage's defense's rating.

Gilmer Rating 1.89 (1) Sched 28.18 (1) Off 49.87 (3) Def 18.47 (6) Pwr 45.90 (1)
Carthage Rating 1.89 (2) Sched 25.06 (8) Off 51.67 (2) Def 16.20 (15) Pwr 45.43 (2)
Prosper Rating 1.79 (3) Sched 22.88 (14) Off 41.25 (18) Def 20.80 (1) Pwr 39.61 (4)
Celina Rating 1.74 (4) Sched 25.41 (6) Off 47.82 (5) Def 18.10 (8) Pwr 43.48 (3)

Hope there are not too many typos.

LH went down to 5th. BP to 6th. and Giddings to 13th I think.

alaskacat
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
[i] YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE POWER OF OUR LINES AND OUR RUNNING BACK.

BIG OL RED TRAIN COMIN!!!! [/B]

Yadda yadda yadda...-10 on the originality scale,

for 20 bonus points..whats bubbas real name?

LH Panther Mom
12-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
I'm up to 63 post now with this one LHPM... :D
Woohoo! :clap: :D

Dieselsmoke
12-17-2008, 10:31 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm just glad she got ya'll to quit pickin on me, being thin skinned and all :clap: :p

ctown
12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
She's trying to count all their wins in a row on her fingers and toes. Good thing she isn't counting them on her teeth, she probably doesn't have any:eek: :D

And then she thought about trying to count state titles, but quickly gave up that argument because well, they have none:(

No TEEFUS!? We gonna count the corns on our feetsus!:crazy1:

mnlavey
12-18-2008, 01:45 AM
I BEEN READING UP ON THE LITTLE CITY OF CELINA. YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SUCCESS IN THE PAST AND NOW IT IS ALL GONNA CATCH UP ON YOU.

How does success catch up on you? I can understand dishonesty and laziness catching up with someone, but not success.

I always thought that success breeds success.

Go Cats - Beat Carthage!

Twirling Time
12-18-2008, 05:29 AM
http://kromeblog.kromeboy.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/dont-feed-troll.jpg

Feed the horse instead!

LH Panther Mom
12-18-2008, 07:53 AM
I have been on this board for four seasons, and I admit to being a seasonal poster.
I keep seeing this, yet you signed just about 13 months ago, give or take a few days. :confused: :confused:

oldtownag
12-18-2008, 08:17 AM
The discussions on this board are silly. Carthage residents have most of their teeth and Celina residents barely pay their players minimum wage.

The best team will win tomorrow night and most of the people spewing crap will probably not even witness it.

Here is to hoping we have a safe, clean championship game.

Salute!

P.S. Go Dawgs!

Twirling Time
12-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I keep seeing this, yet you signed just about 13 months ago, give or take a few days. :confused: :confused:

Four seasons in a year. Duh!

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

First year I didn't post at all, I just read.....second year I used used another login, and then I signed up under my name in 2007. That help?

rolltider
12-18-2008, 11:45 AM

Aunt Ester: One thing that I know for sure is that the folks in Celina run a great program; I live in Prosper, and yes we did just win a state championship, and I can tell you that their kids play hard, fast, and clean. Also, I don't ever remember seeing someones BMW, home, or parents on the field playing a football game; it the kids.

Good luck to both teams but I will be pulling for our fellow 9-3A Celina Bobcats.

75009Football
12-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Dang it, will Friday never get here?

Go BOBCATS. It's CELINA TIME!!! One More Win!

75009Football
12-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by rolltider
Aunt Ester: One thing that I know for sure is that the folks in Celina run a great program; I live in Prosper, and yes we did just win a state championship, and I can tell you that their kids play hard, fast, and clean. Also, I don't ever remember seeing someones BMW, home, or parents on the field playing a football game; it the kids.

Good luck to both teams but I will be pulling for our fellow 9-3A Celina Bobcats.

Welcome aboard rolltider. Pretty awesome we neighbors are getting the chance to share a boarder and a championship. Congrats on you pullin up your end, now it is our turn. The Boys will give it their best shot.

rolltider
12-18-2008, 12:19 PM

Aunt Ester: Why are you so bitter? You say that Celina has the tradition due to facilities, recruiting, money, and having EX pro athletes living in their community; that is where I get confused!

Carthage High School enrollment: Approx. 750 - 800 kids
Celina High School: Approx. 525 - 550 kids

Seems to me that Carthage has the larger tax base doesn't it.

Now to me the math says that Carthage has approx. 200 - 250 more kids. Who's doing the recruiting? Make you wonder doesn't it.

GO DISTRICT 9-3A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt_Ester
12-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Aunt Ester: Why are you so bitter? You say that Celina has the tradition due to facilities, recruiting, money, and having EX pro athletes living in their community; that is where I get confused!

Carthage High School enrollment: Approx. 750 - 800 kids
Celina High School: Approx. 525 - 550 kids

Seems to me that Carthage has the larger tax base doesn't it.

Now to me the math says that Carthage has approx. 200 - 250 more kids. Who's doing the recruiting? Make you wonder doesn't it.

GO DISTRICT 9-3A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF YOUR HOUSES EQUALS ONE OF OUR TRAILER PARKS. AT LEAST 200 HOMES ON WHEELS. DO THE MATH.

WHO ASKED YOU ANYWAY YOU DEION SUCK UP.

THATS WHAT THE CELINA PROUD WOMAN THINKS ANYWAY.

GET READY!!!!! THE BIG OL RED TRAIN IS COMIN YOUR WAY!! WOO HOO!!!! GONNA BE SOME FUR FLYIN!

rolltider
12-18-2008, 01:24 PM
ONE OF YOUR HOUSES EQUALS ONE OF OUR TRAILER PARKS. AT LEAST 200 HOMES ON WHEELS. DO THE MATH.

GET READY!!!!! THE BIG OL RED TRAIN IS COMIN YOUR WAY!! WOO HOO!!!! GONNA BE SOME FUR FLYIN!

Let it go, jealousy will only bring you heart ache. Remember Bull dogs slobber, eagle fly, and bobcats hunt at night. The game is at 8 pm.

coachkiss
12-18-2008, 01:38 PM
I've been to Carthage, and they aren't hurting for money. Their baseball and softball facilities are second to none.

I'm also pretty sure that Carthage has a couple of major leaguers in baseball as well, and one is still playing at a very high level (Humber).

The Harkrider boys were from Carthage as well.

Celina has nice baseball facilities at the youth level. They are probably the best around. However, they aren't as big as the facility in Carthage. It is massive.

Carthage is a very wealthy oil town. It is not like most of East Texas. Westminster is in North Texas, that doesn't make them rich.

OrangeChamps
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
I've been to Carthage, and they aren't hurting for money. Their baseball and softball facilities are second to none.

I'm also pretty sure that Carthage has a couple of major leaguers in baseball as well, and one is still playing at a very high level (Humber).

The Harkrider boys were from Carthage as well.

Celina has nice baseball facilities at the youth level. They are probably the best around. However, they aren't as big as the facility in Carthage. It is massive.

Carthage is a very wealthy oil town. It is not like most of East Texas. Westminster is in North Texas, that doesn't make them rich.

C'mon Kiss, Westminster is really digging deep. I was thinking more along the lines of Southmayd or Dorchester.

d0tc0m
12-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Why the hell has this thread turned into a 'who has more money' thread? The amount of $chaching$ in the towns will in no way be a determinant of who's going to win tomorrow night. Good Lord people drop it and talk how carthage is going to try stop celina's balanced attack or how celina's defense is going to try and slow down Smith and Blackshire. Just about 31 hours till kickoff!! Go Bobcats!!

OrangeChamps
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Why the hell has this thread turned into a 'who has more money' thread? The amount of $chaching$ in the towns will in no way be a determinant of who's going to win tomorrow night. Good Lord people drop it and talk how carthage is going to try stop celina's balanced attack or how celina's defense is going to try and slow down Smith and Blackshire. Just about 31 hours till kickoff!! Go Bobcats!!

You're absolutely right .com, everyone knows it's those pro athletes and training facilities that will help out in both of those cases.

75009Football
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
The discussions on this board are silly. Carthage residents have most of their teeth and Celina residents barely pay their players minimum wage.

The best team will win tomorrow night and most of the people spewing crap will probably not even witness it.

Here is to hoping we have a safe, clean championship game.

Salute!

P.S. Go Dawgs!

You were livin up to your moniker there for a while ol'nag, then you went and got all non-nag on us there at the end.

Amen to the safe and clean game.

Go BOBCATS.

75009Football
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Aunt_Ester, I'm curious, this train you keep talking about. I want to recognize it when it gets close so I can get out of the way. Does it look like 'Thomas the Tank Engine" or a "Wagon Train"? How about a "Gravy Train" or maybe even a "Soul Train"?

Please help a country boy out.

BOCEPHUS
12-18-2008, 02:24 PM
Aunt_Ester, I'm curious, this train you keep talking about. I want to recognize it when it gets close so I can get out of the way. Does it look like 'Thomas the Tank Engine" or a "Wagon Train"? How about a "Gravy Train" or maybe even a "Soul Train"?

i thank the train they b talk'n bout be wear'n #22, but if'en u hit at him he might come off the tracks

Aunt_Ester
12-18-2008, 02:26 PM

YOU WILL KNOW IT WHEN IT COMES. CANT MISS IT. BIG AND RED. GONNA CRUSH YOU SMALL UNATHLETIC D LINE.

WOO HOO! YOU CANT KEEP UP WITH US. WE ARE TOO BIG AND NASTY.

MN95
12-18-2008, 02:31 PM
WE ARE TOO BIG AND NASTY.

Are you referring to your team or fans?

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 03:07 PM

What? You respond to others and only TALK ABOUT me Auntie E? You can't even respond to my post when I bare my soul?

I'm beginning to think the love is wavering. I'm beginning to think this banter isn't so much about forming new friendships and bonding with likeminds but rather wicked little pundits set on pot stirring. Could it be...on the downlow? Nah....certainly not.

I'M GONNA TALK FOOTBALL NOW SO PAY ATTENTION TIA:

Here's what I know about our pitiful, OL, we execute ALMOST flawlessly, we have a tendency to create opportunities for our plethora of talent, our rb specifically, to gain a lot of ground play after play, we don't rely on one back because frankly there's a lot of talent to share the effort with, and we score AUNTIE, we score, score, score.

As for our unathletic defense, we swarm to the ball, having a collective gut for where that pigskin might go, we consistently get into the opponents backfield and we have a habit of meeting the opposing rb at or behind the line of scrimmage, and we seldom rely on our secondary to stop a rb.

Now that doesn't take away from your big, red train, or Smith specifically. I am sure both are big, red and dangerous. I know you guys are fast and the stats show, you are an equal AUNTIE, but please quit insulting our boys and our game. Both have earned more than that.

As for me, bring it baby, cause I don't play the game football, but with the likes of you to train with, I am becoming QUITE THE SMACK TALKER.

Oh and PROSPER....I wish you nothing but success and am so proud of your CHAMPIONSHIP win! WAY TO GO!

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Let it go, jealousy will only bring you heart ache. Remember Bull dogs slobber, eagle fly, and bobcats hunt at night. The game is at 8 pm. :iagree: :2thumbsup

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Folks.....I think old Aunt_Ester has cast out some lines and caught a few big ones!

This character is here to pull all your chains and is no where near the Piney Woods of East Texas, but is actually posting from somewhere near Football heaven!

:rolleyes: :thinking:

Aunt_Ester
12-18-2008, 03:47 PM
What? You respond to others and only TALK ABOUT me Auntie E? You can't even respond to my post when I bare my soul?

I'm beginning to think the love is wavering. I'm beginning to think this banter isn't so much about forming new friendships and bonding with likeminds but rather wicked little pundits set on pot stirring. Could it be...on the downlow? Nah....certainly not.

Here's what I know about our pitiful, OL, we execute ALMOST flawlessly, we have a tendency to create opportunities for our plethora of talent, our rb specifically, to gain a lot of ground play after play, we don't rely on one back because frankly there's a lot of talent to share the effort with, and we score AUNTIE, we score, score, score.

As for our unathletic defense, we swarm to the ball, having a collective gut for where that pigskin might go, we consistently get into the opponents backfield and we have a habit of meeting the opposing rb at or behind the line of scrimmage, and we seldom rely on our secondary to stop a rb.

Now that doesn't take away from your big, red train, or Smith specifically. I am sure both are big, red and dangerous. I know you guys are fast and the stats show, you are an equal AUNTIE, but please quit insulting our boys and our game. Both have earned more than that.

As for me, bring it baby, cause I don't play the game football, but with the likes of you to train with, I am becoming QUITE THE SMACK TALKER.

Oh and PROSPER....I wish you nothing but success and am so proud of your CHAMPIONSHIP win! WAY TO GO!

GOTCHA RILED UP?? I CAN SMELL THE FEAR.

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
and is no where near the Piney Woods of East Texas, but is actually posting from somewhere near Football heaven!

I CANNOT believe someone from Celina would do that! :wave:

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I CANNOT believe someone from Celina would do that! :wave: I didn't say they were from Celina, just that they were posting from a location near Celina. :p

bobcat1
12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Folks.....I think old Aunt_Ester has cast out some lines and caught a few big ones!

This character is here to pull all your chains and is no where near the Piney Woods of East Texas, but is actually posting from somewhere near Football heaven!

:rolleyes: :thinking: You don't mean it!

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I didn't say they were were from Celina, just that they were posting from a location near Celina. :p

I get all befuddled when you say "football heaven" and all I can think of is Celina:)

Aunt_Ester
12-18-2008, 03:57 PM

I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU WERE ALIVE. THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE CHOKING ON SOME OF THEM MOON PIES. mmmmmmmm

DONT TRY TO TALK FOOTBALL. YOU JUST LOOK DUMB. GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE YOU BELONG. THATS WHAT IM DOIN COOKING UP SOME BOBCAT STEW.

DOGS ROLL! 45-6

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 03:58 PM
NM

N4SIR
12-18-2008, 04:04 PM

Just be patient. Celina's butt whippin is just a few short hours away.

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
If you have something to say or ask her about HER son, why don't you send her a PM instead of posting it on what is suppose to be a Celina-v-Carthage game thread?!

I reconsidered and took it down. Thanks for putting it back up and keeping it alive.

pirate4state
12-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by CelinaTurf
I reconsidered and took it down. Thanks for putting it back up and keeping it alive. Good move and with my superpowers I will remove it from all the other threads you pasted it on!

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF YOU WERE ALIVE. THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE CHOKING ON SOME OF THEM MOON PIES. mmmmmmmm

DONT TRY TO TALK FOOTBALL. YOU JUST LOOK DUMB. GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN WHERE YOU BELONG. THATS WHAT IM DOIN COOKING UP SOME BOBCAT STEW.

DOGS ROLL! 45-6

Well Auntie E, being from Celina, absorbing the tradition and wanting to emulate what is taught and learned in these parts....I DON'T CHOKE, so no need to worry beauty.

You have fun with your stew. As it turns out, my interest lie more on the football field, where the game will actually be played, but by all means you should spend more time in your kitchen.

Peace, good luck and safety dear one. :kiss:

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Good move and with my superpowers I will remove it from all the other threads you pasted it on!
:eek: Superpowers?? You have superpowers, p4s?? Where do ya hide your cape??:D

I kid, I kid!:D

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 04:19 PM

DOGS ROLL! 45-6

Come on smoking diesel, what's you're boggle? Why the ALL CAPS mode. Are you embarrassed that a woman can speak intelligently about football?

How do you know she not in the kitchen on her laptop.

I do agree with you... dogs roll over 45 times a day, 6 days a week.:crazy1: :tongue: :inlove:

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Good move and with my superpowers I will remove it from all the other threads you pasted it on!

too late.

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Come on smoking diesel, what's you're boggle? Why the ALL CAPS mode. Are you embarrassed that a woman can speak intelligently about football? What's the problem with you and your fingers? Why all the personal attacks and the chauvinist piggy words.

I'm sure she couldn't help but be radiant standing anywhere close to you?

And in the kitchen is where love begins... so I hear. If she were in the kitchen - which she may be on her laptop, I doubt you'd be invited to join her.

I agree... dogs roll over 45 times a day, 6 days a week.:crazy1: :tongue: :inlove:
Do you have shoes on right now??:D

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Oops! Sorry! I had to stop and put my waders on! It sho is getting deep in here!:D

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 04:25 PM
...beauty...Peace, good luck and safety dear one. :kiss:

What's with all the niceties with this dude? He's obviously stricken with a damaged ego. It seems to me that he doesn't know how to relax and enjoy life, but just try to kick, and kick those demons that seem to be afflicting him. Behind closed doors, he probably drinks diesel while eating hotdogs.

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:28 PM
What's with all the niceties with this dude? He's obviously stricken with a damaged ego. It seems to me that he doesn't know how to relax and enjoy life, but just try to kick, and kick those demons that seem to be afflicting him. Behind closed doors, he probably drinks diesel while eating hotdogs.
:eek: You know Dieselsmoke??:eek:

His Auntie is too cool, too!:D

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Do you have shoes on right now??:D

Steel toed high heels. I like the diesel smoker. I re-read his posts late at night.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
He got the clap from me;)

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Steel toed high heels. I like the diesel smoker. I re-read his posts late at night.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
He got the clap from me;)
Uh, oh! :eek: You gave him the clap??:eek: That explains why we hadn't seen him today!:D Sounds painful!

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Come on smoking diesel, what's you're boggle? Why the ALL CAPS mode. Are you embarrassed that a woman can speak intelligently about football?

How do you know she not in the kitchen on her laptop.

I do agree with you... dogs roll over 45 times a day, 6 days a week.:crazy1: :tongue: :inlove:

Poor Turf, your senility is kicking up again. It is Aunt Ester that questions my intellectual abilities and my football verbage...Diesel and I have made our peace and are quite civil. You have to follow the ball when it is thrown, not just when it's passed. Oh, and quit giving people the clap. Others are bound to be jealous! :kiss:

Aunt_Ester
12-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Poor Turf, your senility is kicking up again. It is Aunt Ester that questions my intellectual abilities and my football verbage...Diesel and I have made our peace and are quite civil. You have to follow the ball when it is thrown, not just when it's passed. Oh, and quit giving people the clap. Others are bound to be jealous! :kiss:

HEY, I DONT QUESTION YOUR FOOTBALL VERBAGE, I JUST DONT WANNA HEAR IT. WHY DONT YOU LET THAT CUT UNDER YOUR NOSE HEAL SHUT.

waterboy
12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
:stirpot: Woohoo!:stirpot: This is getting good!

:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Dieselsmoke
12-18-2008, 05:06 PM
HEY, I DONT QUESTION YOUR FOOTBALL VERBAGE, I JUST DONT WANNA HEAR IT. WHY DONT YOU LET THAT CUT UNDER YOUR NOSE HEAL SHUT.

OK MOM, It's been let out of the bag that you are not who you portray to be. With that said, pull your teeth out of the Dixie cup on the milk crate night stand, put them back in your mouth and clamp down on your tongue! The dog is out of the bag.

Had to run my ex father-in-law to Dallas for some follow-up tests today, that's why I haven't been on here until now. CelinaTurf, me and CelinaProud is all good, in fact were gonna have a little red wine together:inlove: stole her right out from under your nose :p

waterboy
12-18-2008, 05:09 PM
OK MOM, It's been let out of the bag that you are not who you portray to be. With that said, pull your teeth out of the Dixie cup on the milk crate night stand, put them back in your mouth and clamp down on your tongue! The dog is out of the bag.

Had to run my ex father-in-law to Dallas for some follow-up tests today, that's why I haven't been on here until now. CelinaTurf, me and CelinaProud is all good, in fact were gonna have a little red wine together:inlove: stole her right out from under your nose :p
How ya coming along with that clap??:eek: :D

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 05:13 PM

DEAR ESTER,

NANANABOOBOO HE CHOSE HIS GIRLFRIEND OVER HIS OWN MOTHER!!!!! HOW'S THAT FEEL OLD WOMAN!!!!!!:taunt:

CelinaProud
12-18-2008, 05:15 PM

THEN QUIT TALKING TO ME SWEET THANG. AS FOR ME, I LOVE THE SOUNDS OF YOUR DULCET TONES.....that means your words hunny, I know you're probably scouring Webster's to figure it out-thought I'd go ahead translate this shot. MUCH LOVE OLD GIRL (if that's really who you are)!!!

SEE YOU IN 27 hours and 45 minutes!:thinking:

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM

What is your boggle? Don't be hatin'.

I hope she continue to spew anything she wants to spew your way. And I hope it catches you in a yawn and you can't help but swallow it... It will probably be better tasting that whatever guano you've been injesting.

GO ON CELINA PROUD... KEEP SPEWING.

I. B. Watching
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm going with Carthage. Those East Texas teams always seem to be a little tougher than expected

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Had to run my ex father-in-law to Dallas for some follow-up tests today...

I didn't give him the :clap: did I? I don't remember doing it.

Your "mom" has just been naughty these past few days. She needs a spanking.

Good luck on your wine time. You might want to meet before the game, so you can put on your best face and keep the tears out of your eyes.

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I'm going with Carthage. Those East Texas teams always seem to be a little tougher than expected

Okay. I can respect that... But if you only expect a weakling, being a little bit stronger than expected still isn't enough to beat the MIGHTY BOBCATS

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Okay. I can respect that... But if you only expect a weakling, being a little bit stronger than expected still isn't enough to beat the MIGHTY BOBCATS

Where'd the old woman go? Her rudeness not only got my dander up, but it kind of excited me too. I like to hear that tough dominate talk from a nearly blind, toothless old maid.

Dieselsmoke
12-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Where'd the old woman go? Her rudeness not only got my dander up, but it kind of excited me too. I like to hear that tough dominate talk from a nearly blind, toothless old maid.
She's got "Turf" toe, and it's limited her 'puter time.

CelinaTurf
12-18-2008, 06:35 PM
She's got "Turf" toe, and it's limited her 'puter time.

Turf Toe is Tuff. Sanders got it and was out almost an entire season. I guess she'll be gone quite a while. Too bad. I suppose I'll have to go back to reading YOUR bantering posts with the PRIDE of Celina late at night.

75009Football
12-18-2008, 09:49 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be patient. Celina's butt whippin is just a few short hours away.

I'm glad you agree we will be deliverin that whippin.

75009Football
12-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching

Just what do you think your doin talkin football on this thread. Hey wait a minute, THANK YOU, YOU ARE WRONG, BUT STILL, THANK YOU.

It's gonna be a tough game and if the Carthage D can deal with the Celina O then we gottus a heckofa game.

Hurry up Friday.

Go BOBCATS. Its CELINA TIME. One More Win.

OrangeChamps
12-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Last Game Day of the Year. Finally. It's been a long fun year, and with all the ups and downs, won't be one I'll ever forget.

Good Luck to both teams. Hope everyone will have a safe trip, enjoy the last game in Irving, and make Texas Stadium come alive tonight.

Go Bobcats, One More Time!

Aunt_Ester
12-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Turf Toe is Tuff. Sanders got it and was out almost an entire season. I guess she'll be gone quite a while. Too bad. I suppose I'll have to go back to reading YOUR bantering posts with the PRIDE of Celina late at night.

IM BACK FROM WORK AND I AINT GOING NO WHERE. I GOT THE NIGHT OFF AND IM COMING TO THE GAME TO WATCH MY BULLDOGS WHIP THE BOBCATS!!

THE TRAIN IS COMING!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE HAD FUN AT MY EXPENSE. BUT YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT THAT THE BULLDOGS ARE FOR REAL!!

REMEMBER, CELINA PROUD, 2ND PLACE IS JUST THE FIRST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!1

RPF2666
12-19-2008, 10:21 AM
2nd place isn't that bad Aunt Ether! By the time you get home tonight, you'll have yourself convinced that NEXT YEAR really is YOUR year!

It will probably take a little bit longer than the drive home to figure out what just happened to the CHOO-CHOO!

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
IM BACK FROM WORK AND I AINT GOING NO WHERE. I GOT THE NIGHT OFF AND IM COMING TO THE GAME TO WATCH MY BULLDOGS WHIP THE BOBCATS!!

THE TRAIN IS COMING!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE HAD FUN AT MY EXPENSE. BUT YOU WILL SOON FIND OUT THAT THE BULLDOGS ARE FOR REAL!!

REMEMBER, CELINA PROUD, 2ND PLACE IS JUST THE FIRST LOSER!!!!!!!!!!1

Sweet old gurl, I have a gift for you but only if you come to the M&G tonight:) Section 115 at half time. I promise, us Celina folk, we're real nice. And you wont be able to miss us...we'll all be in orange AND we'll be winning the football game :devil:

Bullaholic
12-19-2008, 11:25 AM
I hope Aunt Ester shows up, bear hugs, and lays a big, wet slobbery kiss on all of you. :D

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I hope Aunt Ester shows up, bear hugs, and lays a big, wet slobbery kiss on all of you. :D You are one sick puppy!:speech:

Dieselsmoke
12-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I hope Aunt Ester shows up, bear hugs, and lays a big, wet slobbery kiss on all of you. :D

Watch it SUCKER!!!

Bullaholic
12-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Just to give you guys more to talk about at halftime---

What will the halftime score likely be?

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Just to give you guys more to talk about at halftime---

What will the halftime score likely be? 3-1 Celina and we win by 4 at the end.:D

Bullaholic
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
3-1 Celina and we win by 4 at the end.:D

How did Carthage score 1?

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
How did Carthage score 1? TD;) :p

Bullaholic
12-19-2008, 12:15 PM
How does Carthage score 1?

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 12:18 PM
How does Carthage score 1?
3 TD's Celina - 1TD Carthage

waterboy
12-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Personally, I think Celina is in for a big surprise tonight. Carthage is a pretty good team..........very good.:D Good luck, though, and have a safe trip to and from the game everybody!:thumbsup:

RPF2666
12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
That is where you are wrong.

Celina will not be surprised.

We could very well get beat, but it won't be because we were surprised.

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I haven't tasted crow yet this year that tasted too bad, so I am gonna jump out there and take a leap of faith on Celina. I say the score will most likely be 42-14 with the remote possibility they score late on the JV. Heck they might get 21. I just can't see a 3A team playing better than they did last week. Heck if they don't win, all hail Carthage. I just don't see it. That was a great Liberty Hill team last week. I think the coaches can come up with a game plan to stop the running game and passing game. These linemen can't be any higher skilled than LH's young men. This will be won in the trenches again. Go Cats! Whip them bullpups!:cool:

N4SIR
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Pretty close to my 54 - 28 perdiction bobcat1. Just that I'm saying Carthage wins big. I thought you scolded me pretty good for predicting such a ridiculous score. Yours isn't too far off from mine.

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Pretty close to my 54 - 28 perdiction bobcat1. Just that I'm saying Carthage wins big. I thought you scolded me pretty good for predicting such a ridiculous score. Yours isn't too far off from mine. Did I scold you? Sorry if I did. I just thought long and hard about this and I don't see the "Horse" or "Bear" going hungry tonight and I see a de-railed train held up By the "Ford Gang".:p

N4SIR
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Well -- it may not have been you -- I can't remember. But it was some rabid Celina fan.

Aunt_Ester
12-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Ah, crap. I ran out of good material, Go Bobcats!!

Celina 48
Carthage 21

ctown
12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I say close one. We have never blown out a stacked team in the finals. Mart, CS, Garrison.

Celina 35
Carthage 28

Carthage run gets stuffed early but opens a little as Carthage goes to the air and loosens the attack just a bit. Carthage 150 rushing with 200 in the air. BUT Celina does what it has to and wins.

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Well -- it may not have been you -- I can't remember. But it was some rabid Celina fan.

It was me. It's always me:D

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Celina 48
Carthage 21

:vrycnfsd:

ummmmm-hmmmmmmmmmmm

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 02:47 PM

Celina 48
Carthage 21

Now you're talking!!!!:kiss: I STILL HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU!!!!

waterboy
12-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Celina 48
Carthage 21
:eek: Aunt_Ester! Is that you??!:eek: You have GOT to be kidding! No way!

BobcatBenny
12-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I am very excited about the game.

And ... I know Celina (arguably) has the best coaching staff in the state and the kids are just wonderful.

However, my gut is twisted by the excitement. I sure hope Celina fights hard and brings home #9. I would love to change my signature line.

But win or lose, this may be my favorite Celina team of all-time. What an exciting season it has been. I have seen some really good games this season. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Go Bobcats!!!

I_Do_Care
12-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Good luck Celina, being the 2nd best 3a in the state will be awesome from where yall were earlier in the year.

waterboy
12-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
Good luck Celina, being the 2nd best 3a in the state will be awesome from where yall were earlier in the year.
Even if they win, which ain't likely, they will still be 2nd best. If Carthage wins, which I believe they will, it'll be debatable as to who is the best, or second best.:D

Aunt_Ester
12-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Now you're talking!!!!:kiss: I STILL HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU!!!!

Sorry if I offended you. It just snowballed. It was getting boring and the thread needed some help. I had several guys in my office feeding me lines and belive me, what actually got posted was tame.

I hope you harbor no hard feelings. Keep up the bobcat spirit.

BobcatBenny
12-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Even if they win, which ain't likely, they will still be 2nd best. If Carthage wins, which I believe they will, it'll be debatable as to who is the best, or second best.:D
But either way, Gilmer is still the red headed stepchild of 3A football.

waterboy
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
But either way, Gilmer is still the red headed stepchild of 3A football.
And Celina will always be the 3A team that NEVER admits any team is actually BETTER than them.:thinking:What's Celina's record against us again? Seems I remember the only time y'all played the "red headed stepchild of 3A football" y'all got BEAT! Oh, wait..........we didn't win, y'all lost...........because your boys didn't execute PERFECTLY. Way to give credit to the other team.:hand:

waterboy
12-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Celina will lose tonight, in my opinion. Will you admit that you lost to the better team?:thinking:

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Sorry if I offended you. It just snowballed. It was getting boring and the thread needed some help. I had several guys in my office feeding me lines and belive me, what actually got posted was tame.

I hope you harbor no hard feelings. Keep up the bobcat spirit.

Dontcha WORRY! LOTS OF LOVE!

BobcatBenny
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM
And Celina will always be the 3A team that NEVER admits any team is actually BETTER than them.:thinking:What's Celina's record against us again? Seems I remember the only time y'all played the "red headed stepchild of 3A football" y'all got BEAT! Oh, wait..........we didn't win, y'all lost...........because your boys didn't execute PERFECTLY. Way to give credit to the other team.:hand:
:D

Dieselsmoke
12-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Saw this on another site, some (I said some) similarities to tonights game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYu7euM5OYA

amazing how much Matthew and I look alike, wow!

BobcatBenny
12-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Celina will lose tonight, in my opinion. Will you admit that you lost to the better team?:thinking:
Opinion noted.

Why do I need to admit anything to you? All I know is this ... for the last three years. Gilmer has had the opportunity to watch the better team play ... while the Buckeye season was already over.

Maybe one of these years, coach Ford will feel sorry for Gilmer and let the Buckeyes play a full 16 game season. :eek:

After tonight, win or lose, Celina will be the only team in 3A to play 48 games in the last 3 years. Quite an accomplishment by the best 3A program in Texas. :)

CelinaProud
12-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Settle it on the field baby! LOVE TO YOU CARTHAGE BOYS!!!! We're still gonna win tho:)

d0tc0m
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Alright, time to hit the road! Everyone have a safe trip to Texas Stadium, i'll see all you lovely people in orange in a few hours!! Here's to a clean, amazing, hard fought game, and the 9th title for the boys!! Go Bobcats!!

waterboy
12-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Opinion noted.

Why do I need to admit anything to you? All I know is this ... for the last three years. Gilmer has had the opportunity to watch the better team play ... while the Buckeye season was already over.

Maybe one of these years, coach Ford will feel sorry for Gilmer and let the Buckeyes play a full 16 game season. :eek:

After tonight, win or lose, Celina will be the only team in 3A to play 48 games in the last 3 years. Quite an accomplishment by the best 3A program in Texas. :)
:eek: What? Feel sorry for us?:eek: I'll admit it's quite an accomplishment, but did YOU have anything to do with it? Whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself.:hand: Having an easier road to the final don't make you a better team. When Carthage beats y'all by......say.......28 points tonight, does that mean the Bobcats are a better team than the Buckeye team that lost by 3, just because y'all played more games? I don't think so. :hand: Does the score of 45-22 ring a bell?;) When Celina actually BEATS the Buckeyes then you can talk.:taunt:

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 04:58 PM
:eek: What? Feel sorry for us?:eek: I'll admit it's quite an accomplishment, but did YOU have anything to do with it? Whatever it takes to make you feel better about yourself.:hand: Having an easier road to the final don't make you a better team. When Carthage beats y'all by......say.......28 points tonight, does that mean the Bobcats are a better team than the Buckeye team that lost by 3, just because y'all played more games? I don't think so. :hand: Does the score of 45-22 ring a bell?;) When Celina actually BEATS the Buckeyes then you can talk.:taunt: So thats why y'all bowed out early. :D

waterboy
12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
So thats why y'all bowed out early. :D
:D That's funny right there.:D Don't worry! Y'all will be bowing out tonight!:D And bowing down! Bwwaaaahahahah!:taunt: :stirpot:

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 05:04 PM
:D That's funny right there.:D Don't worry! Y'all will be bowing out tonight!:D And bowing down! Bwwaaaahahahah!:taunt: :stirpot: And if we don't bow out will you say we are the best?:thinking:

waterboy
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
And if we don't bow out will you say we are the best?:thinking:
I don't think we'll have to worry about that!:thinking: :D Will you say Carthage is the best team if y'all lose.............and lose y'all will!:D

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 05:11 PM
I don't think we'll have to worry about that!:thinking: :D Will you say Carthage is the best team if y'all lose.............and lose y'all will!:D To quote you, I don't think we will have to worry about that but if we happen to lose, I would tip my hat to the Bullpups and step up for my crow. And You never answered the question. Let 'em swang if you got 'em!:D

waterboy
12-19-2008, 05:14 PM
To quote you, I don't think we will have to worry about that but if we happen to lose, I would tip my hat to the Bullpups and step up for my crow. And You never answered the question. Let 'em swang if you got 'em!:D
Swing llooooooww...........the crow buffet will be open for ya! If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.........will you? With NO EXCUSES!:hand: ;)

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Absolutely. I already said I would. I said I would congratulate the BullPups and step up for the crow. :D

waterboy
12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Absolutely. I already said I would. I said I would congratulate the BullPups and step up for the crow. :D
And I'll congratulate your kitty cats, if they win.:D

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
And I'll congratulate your kitty cats, if they win.:D And the crow? :taunt:

waterboy
12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
And the crow? :taunt:
Yeah.................but if I do this time, I'm plucking dem suckas first!:speech: The last time I ate any crow I couldn't get dem feathas out my throat for a month!:speech: :crazy1: :eek: :D

Aesculus gilmus
12-19-2008, 06:04 PM
All I know is this ... for the last three years. Gilmer has had the opportunity to watch the better team play ... while the Buckeye season was already over.

That's slightly off right there. Gilmer played as many games as it was eligible to play in Division I last year. There were no more Division I games to watch after Dec. 15.

Celina was still playing a week later, but no one here was watching you, even if you were better. But no one will ever know who was better last year. I'm guessing 2007 Liberty Hill was better than 2007 Celina, but there's no way to prove that thesis.

One good thing about this year's playoff scenario, should Celina somehow win tonight, is that everyone will know that the Division I champ, Prosper, is the overall champ by virtue of its not-close victory over the Bobcats in October.

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
That's slightly off right there. Gilmer played as many games as it was eligible to play in Division I last year. There were no more Division I games to watch after Dec. 15.

Celina was still playing a week later, but no one here was watching you, even if you were better. But no one will ever know who was better last year. I'm guessing 2007 Liberty Hill was better than 2007 Celina, but there's no way to prove that thesis.

One good thing about this year's playoff scenario, should Celina somehow win tonight, is that everyone will know that the Division I champ, Prosper, is the overall champ by virtue of its not-close victory over the Bobcats in October. Not so fast Me or Mrs A gilmus. Are you suggesting that a team that beats a team early in a season will win if they play again?

Dieselsmoke
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Not so fast Me or Mrs A gilmus. Are you suggesting that a team that beats a team early in a season will win if they play again?
The University of Texas seems to think so!

Aesculus gilmus
12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Right. And 33-7 is way more convincing a margin than 45-35.

But I'm someone who thinks the "two champs in every class" is a bunch of crap anyhow. To show you how old I am, when I played (or tried to play, is more like it) high school football, you had to WIN your district to even MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and. of course, there was only one title game and champ in each classification.

It's too bad in a way the BCS doesn't do it this way. Texas could be the "big school" and claim to be BCS "Division I" champ.

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Right. And 33-7 is way more convincing a margin than 45-35.

But I'm someone who thinks the "two champs in every class" is a bunch of crap anyhow. To show you how old I am, when I played (or tried to play, is more like it) high school football, you had to WIN your district to even MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and. of course, there was only one title game and champ in each classification.

It's too bad in a way the BCS doesn't do it this way. Texas could be the "big school" and claim to be BCS "Division I" champ. You and me must be about the same age.

bobcat1
12-19-2008, 11:55 PM
I am here for the first helping of Crow. Hats off to Carthage. They were the better team hands down tonight. Congrats on your first ever State Championship! Enjoy it!

Thank you Bobcats for a return from the ashes season. You are awesome! I really enjoyed this season.

BobcatBenny
12-20-2008, 01:30 AM
OK, I am home.

I am proud of Celina.

And I can say this with confidence. Carthage was the better team.

They just out manned Celina's defense.

Congrats to the Bulldogs. They won the game.

oldtownag
12-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Is a man! Congrats to the Dawgs! Celina was the best team that Carthage had faced in the playoffs. And that was one hellava game.

Dieselsmoke
12-20-2008, 02:31 AM
No crow from me, great job tonight Celina, there is no quit in the Bobcats, great fans enjoyed the week. Congrats to the Bulldogs the 2008 State Champions!!

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 02:52 AM
This is the kind of quote that makes it fun to beat the $&%* out of the opposing team. Idiotic and pointless post after the display tonight. Get a clue.

This will be another exciting, hard-fought game. In the end, the better team will win, but to boast victory right now is insane. Good Luck to both teams this week. Look forward to a great matchup.
Can you hear me now? Who beat the $&%* out of who? Looks like my comment wasn't quite so idiotic and pointless after all. Get a clue.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Stupidity.
49 - 37, I wasn't too far off my 54- 28 prediction. Stupidity??? I don't think so, at least not on my part. Maybe yours.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:03 AM
Look I can misquote people also. You think that b/c the Buckeye's got their @$$ stomped by a better Carthage team, that Celina will suffer the same fate. That's histerical. Once again, get a clue.
As I said earlier, Buckeyes only lost by 3 to Carthage. Looks to me like Celina is the one who got their @$$ stomped. And yes- Celina did suffer the same fate. I'm laughing histerically. Have you gotten the clue after tonight?

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
CELINA wins...just wait and see...:thinking:
Still waiting.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by c bobcats run
Yep, No chance for the bobcats. You have a running back. He can do it all.

Add 4 to the population sign. I'm coming.
You were right --- the running back did it all. When you moving to Carthage?

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:14 AM
... I have a hard time believing that Carthage can match the focus and execution that the Bobcats will bring Friday night. Celina's QB will run wild and Smith will barely break 100 yards for the Bulldogs, forcing Blackshire to do too much all my himself. That's my hypothesis:D
Your hypothesis is full of holes. Sounds like pure stupidity (ring a bell?).

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:18 AM
WOW. N4SIR, please make sure you hold your nose when you take a jump like that.
How you doin tonight 75009 Football and Celina Proud? I'm having a great time in the pool tonight. Why don't you come on in and join me?

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I would like to see the Gilmer stats. I believe I am starting to get more comfortable with their running game or lack there of. One man shows are a lot easier to play on the rush. It sounds like they rely on the big man and should. I hope they stick to that.
You got your wish.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 03:33 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you agree we will be deliverin that whippin.
Huh?

wtfootball
12-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Congrats to State Champion Carthage.
Celina, you had a great season and left many in your wake on the way to the state game. Congrats on a great season.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 08:34 AM
N4SIR-

Were we at the same game? Yes Carthage won, and deservedly so. They physically outmatched Celina.

Total yardage was essentially a wash. Knowone got their Asses stomped as you say. Honestly, that game might still be going this morning if it weren't for a questionable call on a fumble and in my opinion a bad spot on 4th and 1 both in the 3rd quarter.

Follow this...I'll type slowly...if it wasn't a fumble, and Celina methodically goes down the field, eating up another 6 minutes or so and scores, the game has been shortened and it comes down to probably a less than a touchdown margin, either way.

You are a complete idiot if you think someone's ass was whipped.

Two great team competed to the end. Neither one could stop the other one defensively.

It's pretty sad someone from Gilmer has to live vicariously through another town to experience this type of joy.

Great game by both teams. Carthage should be proud this morning of their team, as we in Celina are proud of ours.

oldtownag
12-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
N4SIR-

Honestly, that game might still be going this morning if it weren't for a questionable call on a fumble and in my opinion a bad spot on 4th and 1 both in the 3rd quarter.

I thought the spot was bad on 3rd and 4th down. However, I thought the spots were bad for Carthage. However, after watching the replay on TV this morning they both looked pretty good. The officials did a good job.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm not crying about it, just trying to point out to the village idiot
(who is apparently not even from the village) how close the game really was.

I could agrue about angles (since I was sitting on the 35 yard line) but that's got nothing to do with the point...

Aesculus gilmus
12-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I think I can say with a great deal of confidence that coaching has made a lot of difference here.

Carthage as long as it has Surratt and company (which may not be that long; I've heard he has ambitions higher than a 3A school in deep East Texas) will be VERY competitive.

Carthage and Gilmer have this in common. Both districts have ALWAYS had the athletes to compete at the state level, but have not always had the coaching required.

Right now both programs do. And, of course, so does Celina with its coaching staff.

3afan
12-20-2008, 09:42 AM
i just got done watching the game - dang that Carthage O is good. Carthage just had too much.

congrats to both teams

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 09:42 AM
I agree...the Carthage coaches were a VERY significant factor last night...Imagine how it must feel when everything you call (and it was very close to everything) works!

Both teams offenses were so good they made really good defenses look really bad at times.

3afan
12-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
I thought the spot was bad on 3rd and 4th down. However, I thought the spots were bad for Carthage. However, after watching the replay on TV this morning they both looked pretty good. The officials did a good job.

agree

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 09:48 AM

if it weren't for a questionable call on a fumble and in my opinion a bad spot on 4th and 1 both in the 3rd quarter.

It's pretty sad someone from Gilmer has to live vicariously through another town to experience this type of joy.

I wondered how long it would take someone from the orange side to start blaming the refs -- didn't take long.

I'm not living vicariously through another town to experience this type of joy. Just proud for Carthage and East Texas, where high school football is king!! Looking for Longview, Daingerfield and Sulphur Springs to bring 3 more championships home to East Texas today.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I wondered how long it would take someone from the orange side to start blaming the refs -- didn't take long.

I'm not living vicariously through another town to experience this type of joy. Just proud for Carthage and East Texas, where high school football is king!! Looking for Longview, Daingerfield and Sulphur Springs to bring 3 more championships home to East Texas today.

Not blaming anyone...did you not clearly see me say Carthage was better? Oh wait, you only used a portion of what I said, to try and start something, and deflect the attention away from your stupid claim of an Ass Kicking!

My response was to the idiotic proclaimation you made that Celina got their Asses kicked, which was NOT the case.

Please, if you are going to pull from what I typed, bring the whole statement with you.

Lion_Addict
12-20-2008, 09:58 AM
OK, I may have missed it & too lazy to look for it..........
The Celina kid that got hurt in pre-game.......is he ok? Saw him on the sideline with a brace on & on crutches. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED :confused: :confused: :confused:

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Don't want to speculate. His dad is on this board and I'm sure will be around this morning with information.

Freak accident of some sort coming onto the field. To bad, too,
he is our noseguard/DT and his game has come so far in the latter part of the year.

Not sure if it would have helped terribly much against that o-line, but he's got probably 30-40 lbs on the kids they used to replace him.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Not blaming anyone...did you not clearly see me say Carthage was better? Oh wait, you only used a portion of what I said, to try and start something, and deflect the attention away from your stupid claim of an Ass Kicking!

My response was to the idiotic proclaimation you made that Celina got their Asses kicked, which was NOT the case.

Please, if you are going to pull from what I typed, bring the whole statement with you.

Please go back and take a look at the posts in this thread. It was one of the Celina faithful who first brought up the subject of an butt whipping. The quote went like this "...the Buckeyes got there @$$ stomped ...". I pointed out that we only lost to Carthage by 3 and I didn't consider that a butt whipping. So if Gilmer looses by 3 to Carthage and that is considered a "@$$ stomped" then what do you call it when Celina looses by 12? Don't be bitter and calm down -- your going to give yourself a stroke.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 10:25 AM
That was all talk BEFORE the game...did you see it?

You posted AFTER the game...did you see it?

There is always alot of we're gonna do THIS to YOU, and you won't do THAT to US...BEFORE the game...

You came on after a game that could have gone either way, give a bounce or two, claiming an Ass Kicking, and I took exception to it. I still do. It's not fair to the participants.

The better team won last night. If they played again today, I'd still take MY team, from MY town, because I believe in them, and because it was close last night!

Closer than alot of people will likely admit.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 10:40 AM
That was all talk BEFORE the game...did you see it?

You posted AFTER the game...did you see it?

There is always alot of we're gonna do THIS to YOU, and you won't do THAT to US...BEFORE the game...

You came on after a game that could have gone either way, give a bounce or two claiming an Ass Kicking, and I took exception to it. I still do. It's not fair to the participants.

The better team won last night. If they played again today, I'd still take MY team, from MY town, because I believe in them, and because it was close last night!

There is always talk BEFORE the game. The question is -- can your team back up your talk or do you let your big mouth overload your big @$$. I'm glad Carthage didn't let me down or I wouldn't have enough @$$ left after all you Celina faithful got done with me.
Look, I was at the game and it was freaking awesome. But I don't think it was close for 2 reasons: A if Smith had not fumbled the ball in the 2nd qtr Carthage most likely scores and goes in at half with a good lead and B. the Carthage defense knew they had the game won and had let up from full throttle to about half throttle when Celina scored its last TD with seconds left.
Both teams played hard and both represented their communities well. No hard feelings. Sorry you took exception to my butt kicking comment.
I know Celina will be in the hunt again next year as they typically are. I can't wait to see the Daingerfield re-match. I'm sure your boys will be up for that one. Hopefully they will play in Tyler because the Daingerfield stadium is terrible and the visitors side is pathetic. There is no way all the Celina faithful will be able to fit in those stands.
And who knows, the Buckeyes may even see the Bobcats in 09!

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 10:47 AM
There is always talk BEFORE the game. The question is -- can your team back up your talk or do you let your big mouth overload your big @$$. I'm glad Carthage didn't let me down or I wouldn't have enough @$$ left after all you Celina faithful got done with me.
Look, I was at the game and it was freaking awesome. But I don't think it was close for 2 reasons: A if Smith had not fumbled the ball in the 2nd qtr Carthage most likely scores and goes in at half with a good lead and B. the Carthage defense knew they had the game won and had let up from full throttle to about half throttle when Celina scored its last TD with seconds left.
Both teams played hard and both represented their communities well. No hard feelings. Sorry you took exception to my butt kicking comment.
I know Celina will be in the hunt again next year as they typically are. I can't wait to see the Daingerfield re-match. I'm sure your boys will be up for that one. Hopefully they will play in Tyler because the Daingerfield stadium is terrible and the visitors side is pathetic. There is no way all the Celina faithful will be able to fit in those stands.
And who knows, the Buckeyes may even see the Bobcats in 09!

And IF Celina hadn't thrown an interception (which Carthage turned into 7 points), prior to Smith's fumble....

It WAS closer than you'd like to admit. If you look at it objectively, which I don't expect you to do...Because the worse Carthage beat Celina, somehow validates your uderlying feeling that Gilmer was better than they were.

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
And IF Celina hadn't thrown an interception (which Carthage turned into 7 points), prior to Smith's fumble....

It WAS closer than you'd like to admit. If you look at it objectively, which I don't expect you to do...

And if we had instant replay to see if the ball did indeed cross the plain of the goal line on McCartney's contoversial TD

MN95
12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
OK, I may have missed it & too lazy to look for it..........
The Celina kid that got hurt in pre-game.......is he ok? Saw him on the sideline with a brace on & on crutches. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED :confused: :confused: :confused:

That was my son. A very difficult night for the Bobcats and my family. After our players run through our victory line onto the field, they are typically jumping around, chest bumping, etc...

I did not see what happen but was told another one of our players jumped on Brady, at what was just the wrong time, and Brady's knee buckled/popped. Freak accident. So he was helped off the field and then carted to the locker room just as the game was beginning. I think the announcers on the webcast said he was a backup, but he is actually our starting DT.

He was in a great deal of pain, but was also inconsolable emotionally, just sobbing. Probably the hardest parenting moment for me so far. Dr. is not certain what the injury is. We will go Monday morning for x-rays/MRI. Probably going to need knee surgery. He is having a difficult day today as well. Prayers are appreciated.

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Honestly, that game might still be going this morning if it weren't for a questionable call on a fumble
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8405/1220hscelina1uf7.jpg

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 11:13 AM
That was my son. A very difficult night for the Bobcats and my family. After our players run through our victory line onto the field, they are typically jumping around, chest bumping, etc...

I did not see what happen but was told another one of our players jumped on Brady, at what was just the wrong time, and Brady's knee buckled/popped. Freak accident. So he was helped off the field and then carted to the locker room just as the game was beginning. I think the announcers on the webcast said he was a backup, but he is actually our starting DT.

He was in a great deal of pain, but was also inconsolable emotionally, just sobbing. Probably the hardest parenting moment for me so far. Dr. is not certain what the injury is. We will go Monday morning for x-rays/MRI. Probably going to need knee surgery. He is having a difficult day today as well. Prayers are appreciated.

MN95,

YEa I mentioned he was a back up cause I looked at my spot sheet wrong, my apologies

Tell him to keep his head up, I have had all types of knee injuries, he will overcome.

c bobcats run
12-20-2008, 11:14 AM

Crud, that is not the way to experience the final game of the year. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is on the minor side of knee injurys. (if there is one). Sorry to hear it. Tell him to keep his head up. I am sure he will bounce back better than ever for next season.

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
As far as Celina almost out gaining Carthage in total yards and having more rushing yards, when the other team is to scared to kick past the 40 it's hard to gain yards.

OldBison75
12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with the young man that was injured. I know that he is heartbroken and needs to have all the support and love he can find today. The announcers on the webcast last night did say at first he was a backup, but later said that Lavey was really missing your son being on the defensive line to keep the blockers off him. I hope the injury is not a serious as it sounds and all turns out well for him.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on the Championship and congratulations to the Bobcats on a great season and very good game. I agree the scoreboard looked like the game was a "butt kicking", but the play by play did not sound that way. This was a typical game of breaks and execution. Carthage made the plays they had to and Celina had a few breakdowns. This could have easily have been a 42-41 game except for a break here and there. Bith teams deserve to be honored for being in the game and playing an exciting game.

Both will be tough again next year.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8405/1220hscelina1uf7.jpg

That is not the play he is referring to

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 11:21 AM
And if we had instant replay to see if the ball did indeed cross the plain of the goal line on McCartney's contoversial TD

IF, IF , IF...Good Luck to Your Buckeyes next year...they are a great program. Watch out for Carthage, though. If they've got anything good to put behind that line, they will be back in the hunt.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
As far as Celina almost out gaining Carthage in total yards and having more rushing yards, when the other team is to scared to kick past the 40 it's hard to gain yards.

Were you there? Carthage did the same thing all night...!!!

Emerson1
12-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Were you there? Carthage did the same thing all night...!!!
I watched it on TV. Carthage's average starting point was their own 40 if not the 45

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Our prayers for a speedy recovery #52!

N4SIR
12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
IF, IF , IF...Good Luck to Your Buckeyes next year...they are a great program. Watch out for Carthage, though. If they've got anything good to put behind that line, they will be back in the hunt.
Carthage looses the running back, QB and the center. The rest of the O line is back and I am not sure what they loose on defense. Know telling who the next superstar is that they may have waiting in the wings. Only time will tell.
If things go like I hope they do in 09 the Buckeyes should have a rematch with the Bulldogs, and who knows -- maybe even a date with Celina in the championship game. Too early to worry about that now and tons of football to be played between now and then but it is fun thinking about it.

RPF2666
12-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Agreed on all fronts....;)

MN95
12-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
MN95,

YEa I mentioned he was a back up cause I looked at my spot sheet wrong, my apologies

Tell him to keep his head up, I have had all types of knee injuries, he will overcome.

TXB, thanks for the wishes. I really didn't mean anything disparaging to you for the error, and no apology necessary. Sorry if it came across that way.

Txbroadcaster
12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
TXB, thanks for the wishes. I really didn't mean anything disparaging to you for the error, and no apology necessary. Sorry if it came across that way.

oh know did not at all, just wanted to clarify it already, but Grant and I talked into the 4th Q about how him being out we thought allowed the Center for Carthage to get his hands on Lavey moare and basically nuetralize him all night

bobcat1
12-20-2008, 12:55 PM

He was in a great deal of pain, but was also inconsolable emotionally, just sobbing. Probably the hardest parenting moment for me so far. Dr. is not certain what the injury is. We will go Monday morning for x-rays/MRI. Probably going to need knee surgery. He is having a difficult day today as well. Prayers are appreciated. He is in my prayers. He is a class kid and just a sophomore. He is the reason Lavey makes most of his tackles. The bad part is the backup they sent in, Jose Ruiz, went out with I want to say a shoulder seperation. Tell Brady to keep his head up. He's awesome.