PDA

View Full Version : Bradford Wins.

Rabid Cougar
12-13-2008, 08:56 PM
The Sooner wins.

WHS02
12-13-2008, 08:58 PM
HEck yea, go SOONERS!! 3 great players. I was sure Bradford
would win but the closer it got the more it became more even. WAY TO SAM AND THE SOONERS!!

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Colt loses by 151 votes...:(

hookandladder
12-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Sam forgot to thank Coach Stoops. "I wanna thank Coach Stoops for allowing me to play every second of every game so I could pad my stats for style points, eventhough we were beating people by 40+".

King_LeYoeNidas
12-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Sam forgot to thank Coach Stoops. "I wanna thank Coach Stoops for allowing me to play every second of every game so I could pad my stats for style points, eventhough we were beating people by 40+".

hahaha :clap:

michaelp23
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
The Sooner wins.

:rolleyes: :blahblah: :blahblah:

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Sam forgot to thank Coach Stoops. "I wanna thank Coach Stoops for allowing me to play every second of every game so I could pad my stats for style points, eventhough we were beating people by 40+". "I would also like to thank my defense for letting the other teams score so often so that I could continue to throw the ball and make it look like I wasn't trying to run up the score."

WHS02
12-13-2008, 09:17 PM

Well it did not take long for the Texas whiners to show up.BRADFORD WINS!!!

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Well it did not take long for the Texas whiners to show up.BRADFORD WINS!!! The truth is the truth. Colt wasn't even playing in the 4th quarter against A&M. Can the same be said of Bradford?

WHS02
12-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Stop whining, Colt and Tim are also oustanding QB's as they are people. Sam won it fair and sqaure.

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Stop whining, Colt and Tim are also oustanding QB's as they are people. Sam won it fair and sqaure. I didn't say it wasn't fair and square. I am saying that Stoops likes to run the score up and Bradford got some impressive numbers because of it.

WylieBulldog92
I don't have a dog in the fight but I think either Tebow or Bradford deserved it and Bradford got it so I think it went the right way.

WHS02
10-4

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I don't have a dog in the fight but I think either Tebow or Bradford deserved it and Bradford got it so I think it went the right way. So you're saying Colt wouldn't have deserved it?

Necks_Fan
Bradford won this fair and square.

He WAS and IS the best QB in the nation.(I didn't want to say player.)

Regardless of how much he played, he deserved it.

The whining is getting REALLY old.

Bull Butter
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I didn't say it wasn't fair and square. I am saying that Stoops likes to run the score up and Bradford got some impressive numbers because of it.

Funny, because against A&M, Oklahoma didn't even score in the 4th Quarter, while Texas piled on 21 pts. in the 4th vs. the Aggies

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 09:25 PM
So you're saying Colt wouldn't have deserved it?
Wow exactly did you read the post the first time?

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Funny, because against A&M, Oklahoma didn't even score in the 4th Quarter, while Texas piled on 21 pts. in the 4th vs. the Aggies Given the fact that OU was up 66-14 going into the 4th. Texas was up 28-3. Big difference. Plus Colt was not responsible for any of those scores in the 4th against A&M.

Bull Butter
12-13-2008, 09:28 PM
The truth is the truth. Colt wasn't even playing in the 4th quarter against A&M. Can the same be said of Bradford?

In the A&M game, Bradford attempted his last pass at 6:50 of the 3rd Quarter.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/playbyplay/NCAAF_20081108_OK@TXAM

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow exactly did you read the post the first time?

I don't have a dog in the fight but I think either Tebow or Bradford deserved it and Bradford got it so I think it went the right way.

Yeah. When you say Tebow or Bradford would have deserved it and you leave out the only other guy in the race, that would lead someone to think that you don't think the third guy deserved it.

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah. When you say Tebow or Bradford would have deserved it and you leave out the only other guy in the race, that would lead someone to think that you don't think the third guy deserved it.
......That's what I'm saying.

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:31 PM
......That's what I'm saying. Then you're either blind or extremely biased.

I. B. Watching
12-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I believe Bradford left the A&M game with 6:23 left in the3rd quarter.

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
In the A&M game, Bradford attempted his last pass at 6:50 of the 3rd Quarter.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/playbyplay/NCAAF_20081108_OK@TXAM Yeah, I forgot that OU's last score came on a fumble.

There's still no denying that over the course of his career that Stoops has been known to run up the score. (style points)

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Goin' to watch a movie with the Mrs...ya'll continue to have all the fun without me.:)

Bull Butter
12-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I believe Bradford elft the A&M game with 6:23 left in the 4th quarter.

Then why did Joey Halzle attempt a pass with 11:08 left to go?

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Then you're either blind or extremely biased.
Are you saying that because you're both and it takes one to know one type thing?

GreenMachine
12-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Bradford won this fair and square.

He WAS and IS the best QB in the nation.(I didn't want to say player.)

Regardless of how much he played, he deserved it.

The whining is getting REALLY old. No way. Colt is definitely the better QB.

Necks_Fan
12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
No way. Colt is definitely the better QB. Colt is better at running.

Sam is the best THROWING Qb in the nation.

He deserved what the award. Not saying that Colt didn't. I'm just happy Tebow didn't get it.

I think Bradford has displayed time and time again that he is an ELITE QB. Colt had a similar case, but I think they got it right (coming from someone who doesn't like OU at all).

I. B. Watching
12-13-2008, 09:39 PM
My mistake, I meant third quarter

blowfish
12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
The happiest man at the Heisman Award show was Archie Griffin!

All of Buckeye fans sighed a big sigh of relief.

Based on what transpired the last couple of weeks Bradford was the most deserving. BUT, Colt McCoy and Texas got screwed over by the Big 12 and the BCS. If Texas goes to the Championship game they beat Mizzoo, maybe not by as much. Then I think Mcoy wins the Heisman.

Once again I didnt really care for any of them tonight. FIesta Bowl will be a preview for 3 of next years Heisman hopefulls,, McCoy, Pryor, and Wells.

hookandladder
12-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Stoops definitely uses the system to get what he wants, bottom line Coach Mack is definitely a more classy coach. Stoops ran up the score the last 3 games to get what he wants and also help Bradford win the Heisman. You cannot tell me Texas could not have ran up the score to 60 points on most teams they played, Yes it may have cost Texas and McCoy but what is Stoops teaching his players to become. My son is in the 8th grade and I can tell you I would want him to play for Coach Mack not some coach who wins at all cost.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Colt was ahead before championship Saturday given it was a small sample really the same thing happened to Colt as happened to the Texas team doing the most of the majority of the work in the middle of the season whereas Florida and Oklahoma and Bradford and Tebow were hot at the end of the year. You cant really complain about Bradford winning had a great year and played good even in the loss to Texas but its unfortunate of the timing hurting both Texas and Colt. But thats the world we live in what have you done for me lately and thats even more true in college football no shame in being the 2nd best player in the country thats for sure. This was actually how I voted the top 3 myself.

turbostud
12-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Of course Bradford was going to win.
Bradford winning = 2 past Heisman winners going head to head for BCS title, which = better ratings for the game, which = more money for College Football, which = more stories for the media to write the next 3 weeks.

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Of course Bradford was going to win.
Bradford winning = 2 past Heisman winners going head to head for BCS title, which = better ratings for the game, which = more money for College Football, which = more stories for the media to write the next 3 weeks.
Unless they pay the writers, I don't think you're bias is helping you.

Hupernikomen
12-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Colt is better at running.

Sam is the best THROWING Qb in the nation.

He deserved what the award. Not saying that Colt didn't. I'm just happy Tebow didn't get it.

I think Bradford has displayed time and time again that he is an ELITE QB. Colt had a similar case, but I think they got it right (coming from someone who doesn't like OU at all).

Colt's 77% completion rate speaks for itself. What makes Sam better than that? Sam had an outstanding receiving core and outstanding RB for most of the season to help him along. Colt was the UT offense.

Necks_Fan
12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Colt's 77% completion rate speaks for itself. What makes Sam better than that? Sam had an outstanding receiving core and outstanding RB for most of the season to help him along. Colt was the UT offense. Ok, so I guess Shipley is a scrub and those 2 freshman they got are just nobodies right?

Gimme a Break. UT is probably the most talented team in the Nation from top to bottom, and yes, even more so than OU.

Colt has a really high comp% because they throw TONS of stop and underneath routes while Bradford is airing it out alot of the time.

Both great QB's...... Bradford = better QB.

BTW, I have been a UT fan all my life. It's not that I don't like Colt, because I think he's a great QB and perfect for UT's and Davis' offense.

I just HONESTLY think Bradford was more deserving.

JasperDog94
12-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Are you saying that because you're both and it takes one to know one type thing? No. I'm saying that I believe the final three were all deserving. I'm not saying that Bradford is a bad QB. I'm smart enough to recognize his talent and skill. You, on the other hand, seem to have a problem seeing the same thing in McCoy.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Colt has a really high comp% because they throw TONS of stop and underneath routes while Bradford is airing it out alot of the time. Exactly...especially late in games.;)

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2008, 12:02 AM
No. I'm saying that I believe the final three were all deserving to be there. I'm not saying that Bradford is a bad QB. I'm smart enough to recognize his talent and skill. You, on the other hand, seem to have a problem seeing the same thing in McCoy.
I didn't say McCoy wasn't deserving to be there, I was saying he wasn't deserving to win it.
I never said he was untalented and unskilled.
You on the other hand assume things.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:05 AM
I didn't say McCoy wasn't deserving to be there, I was saying he wasn't deserving to win it.
I never said he was untalented and unskilled.
You on the other hand assume things.

......That's what I'm saying.

You said it yourself...:hand: :hand:

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2008, 12:07 AM
You said it yourself...:hand: :hand:
You just quoted my posts?
Proving nothing?
Winning and being there are different things :) ask Tebow and McCoy.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:08 AM
You just quoted my posts?
Proving nothing?
Winning and being there are different things :) ask Tebow and McCoy. Read the last two quotes again my friend. You said McCoy didn't deserve it and that is what I was quoting you on.

Emerson1
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Ok, so I guess Shipley is a scrub and those 2 freshman they got are just nobodies right?

Gimme a Break. UT is probably the most talented team in the Nation from top to bottom, and yes, even more so than OU.

Colt has a really high comp% because they throw TONS of stop and underneath routes while Bradford is airing it out alot of the time.

Both great QB's...... Bradford = better QB.

BTW, I have been a UT fan all my life. It's not that I don't like Colt, because I think he's a great QB and perfect for UT's and Davis' offense.

I just HONESTLY think Bradford was more deserving.
Necks is arguing just to argue and has really no idea what he is talking about. Everything in this post he just picked up on from other people.

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Read the last two quotes again my friend. You said McCoy didn't deserve it and that is what I was quoting you on.
Oh you win haha, I should have read your post better.

We will meet again sir!

:p

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:11 AM
I just HONESTLY think Bradford was more deserving. Of course it doesn't hurt your stats when your throwing 66 yard touchdown passes when you're already up 52-14 late in the third quarter.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=283270201&period=3)

turbostud
12-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Unless they pay the writers, I don't think you're bias is helping you.
The media gets to vote, then the media gets to write the stories. More newpapers, magazines, etc... sell if you have two Heisman winners going head to head in the BCS title game.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
The media gets to vote, then the media gets to write the stories. More newpapers, magazines, etc... sell if you have two Heisman winners going head to head in the BCS title game. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Of course it doesn't hurt your stats when your throwing 66 yard touchdown passes when you're already up 52-14 late in the third quarter.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=283270201&period=3) Or how about this one.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=283410201&period=4)

Bradford is still in the game with only 4:55 to go in the game while OU is up 55-21. And if my memory serves me correctly (and it may not) one of those passes was a deep pass to the endzone.

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Or how about this one.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=283410201&period=4)

Bradford is still in the game with only 4:55 to go in the game while OU is up 55-21. And if my memory serves me correctly (and it may not) one of those passes was a deep pass to the endzone. You can bring up any stat or vidoe clip you want. IMO, Bradford is still the better QB.

Maybe UT should have scored more in the first half so Colt could rest too.:D

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:19 AM
You can bring up any stat or vidoe clip you want. IMO, Bradford is still the better QB.

That may be quote material right there.;)

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 12:22 AM
That may be quote material right there.;) Quote whatever you want..... It's an opinion.

Throw all your stats out the window. IMO..... Bradford is better and more deserving and a better NFL prospect.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Quote whatever you want..... It's an opinion.

Throw all your stats out the window. IMO..... Bradford is better and more deserving and a better NFL prospect. Better NFL prospect doesn't mean squat in the Heisman competition.

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Better NFL prospect doesn't mean squat in the Heisman competition.
I'll agree with that statement, ask Archie Griffin.

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Better NFL prospect doesn't mean squat in the Heisman competition. No, but I guess you skipped over the rest of my post.

Regardless of stats..... I want Bradford on my team over McCoy, as long as Greg Davis isn't my offensive Coordinator.

JasperDog94
12-14-2008, 12:39 AM
No, but I guess you skipped over the rest of my post.

Regardless of stats..... I want Bradford on my team over McCoy, as long as Greg Davis isn't my offensive Coordinator. So is your problem with McCoy or Greg Davis?

eagles_victory
12-14-2008, 06:31 AM
:clap: Even you are better than that come on man.

ziggy29
12-14-2008, 09:45 AM
First of all, no, I'm not really a Horns fan, BUT -- just as in the BCS standings, I think running up the score was being rewarded here.

Hard to teach kids good sportsmanship at the high school and college level when such blatant running it up is (IMO) very clearly being rewarded. Running it up is why OU passed UT in the BCS, and why Bradford beat McCoy (and maybe Tebow, too) in the Hypesman.

WHS02
12-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Still crying on here are we. Bradford is a better QB - period. That running the ball crap isn't going to work at the next level. Everyone knows this. Just ask Vince Young. Maybe a few yards here and there but that's it. Bradford can throw the ball the best out of all three and that is what a QB is for. Again Bradford won so stop your crying people. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: