PDA

View Full Version : So you think you want Government run health care?

Trashman
12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Two of Oregon's unique public health markers clashed dramatically for resident Barbara Wagner this summer when she was informed that the universal medical care available to everyone in the state (but with certain service restrictions) would not pay for her expensive lung cancer drug (because her five-year survival likelihood was poor), but was told, at the same time, that the state would pay for any necessary drugs under its Death With Dignity Law (i.e., suicide). [ABC News, 8-6-08]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Necks_Fan
12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Two of Oregon's unique public health markers clashed dramatically for resident Barbara Wagner this summer when she was informed that the universal medical care available to everyone in the state (but with certain service restrictions) would not pay for her expensive lung cancer drug (because her five-year survival likelihood was poor), but was told, at the same time, that the state would pay for any necessary drugs under its Death With Dignity Law (i.e., suicide). [ABC News, 8-6-08]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I can't believe that Oregon, Washington, and Montana have legalized "Assisted Suicide."

That is wrong on so many levels.

STANG RED
12-14-2008, 01:36 AM
I cant figure out why so many people are so eager to put the government in charge of our healthcare system, when there is so much ample evidence around that they will only screw it up royally for everyone.

c-town_balla
12-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I can't believe that Oregon, Washington, and Montana have legalized "Assisted Suicide."

That is wrong on so many levels.

I just did a 10 page essay on physician assisted suicide in Oregon....and if there is anyway that you could do it....Oregon does it right

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-14-2008, 11:17 PM
You guys know better than discussing this on here. Tisk, tisk.