PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Owens & Witten have heated exchange

Astrosdawg07
12-13-2008, 07:53 PM
While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.

"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.
ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3767580)

scrub c
12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
you play with the bull... you get the horns...

I say let them fight it out...

Emerson1
12-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Why is it always espn who breaks these stories? hmmmmmm

g$$
12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why is it always espn who breaks these stories? hmmmmmm

I don't know...maybe because they have the most resources of any network? Worldwide leader for a reason. Just bought the BCS rights. They put out some crap but lots of good stuff too.

It's sure not a witch hunt. TO brings it on himself & makes finding stories easy.

Dogs_21
12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
TO wants no part of Whitten in a fight.

I wouldnt say all that! TO got size himself so dont speak on his behalf so fast! and plus thats stupid!

Bullaholic
12-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I think any of this nonsense is just regretable on the eve of a very important game against the New York Giants. Attainment of an NFL playoff slot overshadows anything that T.O. or any other player is unhappy about at this time.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 08:40 PM
TO wants no part of Whitten in a fight. I dont know about that have you ever seen T.O. dude is huge.

WylieBulldog92
12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I dont know about that have you ever seen T.O. dude is huge.
I thought the same thing about Kimbo.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I thought the same thing about Kimbo. ?

Emerson1
12-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by g$$
I don't know...maybe because they have the most resources of any network? Worldwide leader for a reason. Just bought the BCS rights. They put out some crap but lots of good stuff too.

It's sure not a witch hunt. TO brings it on himself & makes finding stories easy.
Or maybe it's just ESPN over exaggerating like they do every story. I think the DMN writers who do nothing but follow the cowboys would pick up on some of this stuff.

loyalleopard
12-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Owens is not worried about the "TEAM". He only wants to get "HIS". Ship his butt up to Detroit. He is nothing but a cancer and tears every team apart that he has ever played on.

Orange Defense
12-14-2008, 04:28 AM
TO wants no part of Whitten in a fight.

HECK NO!!!! Any man that can play football with broken ribs (like Whitten did) is one tough dude!!! I sure would like to see Whitten put it on Owens!!!

eagles_victory
12-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
HECK NO!!!! Any man that can play football with broken ribs (like Whitten did) is one tough dude!!! I sure would like to see Whitten put it on Owens!!! what about a guy who plays with a broken leg.

bobcat1
12-14-2008, 07:57 AM
My gosh. Y'all act like it is the end of the world here. Me and my brothers fist fought and my sons have fist fought. I had fist fights in the locker room before and so have my boys. What's the big deal with this other than it makes news for ESPN? I bet if TO steps wrong somebody reports it. The only thing behind any of this is he HATES losing. Watch him on the field congratulate other players when they make good plays. He also gets ticked off when they don't. I see no fault in any of that. :rolleyes:

3afan
12-14-2008, 09:05 AM
beat the giants!

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/cowboys.gif

Rabbit'93
12-14-2008, 10:47 AM
TO does not HATE losing. TO hates not getting the spotlight.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
beat the giants!

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/cowboys.gif :2thumbsup

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I would pay good money to see Owens and Witten duke it out.

Gobbla2001
12-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
My gosh. Y'all act like it is the end of the world here. Me and my brothers fist fought and my sons have fist fought. I had fist fights in the locker room before and so have my boys. What's the big deal with this other than it makes news for ESPN? I bet if TO steps wrong somebody reports it. The only thing behind any of this is he HATES losing. Watch him on the field congratulate other players when they make good plays. He also gets ticked off when they don't. I see no fault in any of that. :rolleyes:

I'm a Texans fan and I've had TO's back in Dallas the whole time... but I think he could have handled this situation a bit more respectfully then going and having a meeting with with Garrett... it should have been a talk between he and Romo, even Witten if he wanted to be there...

I agree with you, bobcat, everyone fights... brothers fight etc... it goes on in families, why should we get carried away when it comes close to blows with two grown-ass football players?

And I also agree that TO wants to win... I won't let me NOT being a Cowboys fan effect what I see, and I see the guy who celebrates when his teamates make good plays... or is he just trying to get infront of the lense?

So all and all I see that TO cares about where the team is headed, just believe he could have handled it a little better...

martwayne
12-14-2008, 11:55 AM
to me i think all of this is being blown way out of the water so sportscenter has somthing to talk about, instead of talking about what might be happening in dallas why not talk about how to get a playoff system in place for college football, so there is not so many teams that get left out of the picture. teams like texas, texas tech, penn state, usc, utah, boise state and i can keep going leave dallas alone people and lets focus on the real problem in sports