PDA

View Full Version : 3A related college football 12/13/08

44INAROW
12-12-2008, 09:50 PM
for anyone interested in some college football tomorrow-

Richmond Spiders (11-3) @ Northern Iowa Panthers (12-2) @ 3:00 pm in the NCAA Divison 1, 2nd Semi-final. It will be aired on ESPN - Former Cuero Gobbler WR/DB Tre Gray #17 will be playing. GO Spiders :)

UMHB Crusaders (12-1, 8-0 ASC) vs Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks (11-1, 6-1 WIAC) in the NCAA Division III National Championship Semi-finals @ Noon in Belton. Kyle Noack #2, former Cuero Gobbler QB is playing. He gets some playing time at QB and also on PAT's. The game is on "some CBS Channel on satillite" so if anyone has the channel number on Direct TV, I'd appreciate some info so I can DVR the game. The link to the webcast is:

http://www2.umhb.edu/sportsinfo/streaming/default.htm

The winner of the UMHB vs Wisconsin-Whitewater game will advance to the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl on Saturday, December 20th in Salem, Virginia

GO Cru :)

ps - I went to the UMHB site (where I listen to the games) and there was a link to a CBS Sports Silver Light something or other - maybe I can watch the game from there - I'll check it out tomorrow if I can't find it on TV.

raider red 2000
12-12-2008, 09:54 PM
i cant find anything about it on dish

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Probably CBS Sports

44INAROW
12-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Probably CBS Sports

from what I can find out - the UMHB game will be audio and video streamed from:
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa

anyway - I am "technically challenged" and I got it to load and looks like I am set up and just waiting on the game to start.......

GO Cru :clap:

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 02:05 AM
Good to see some Cuero players doing well just hope they dont have to play a team from Region 3 :D

buff4life
12-13-2008, 12:55 PM
the only cbs channel i know is 613 but i checked the guide and it doesn't show it

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
I've got in on the audio/video feed - the video is about 5 seconds behind the audio lol.......... (probably due to my dinosaur computer) odd score........ UW Whitewater 5 Cru 0 6 mins left in the 1st quarter - Cru on offense and moving the ball.......

I am going to switch to listening on the UMHB site - too confusing watching when the audio isn't matching. Cru failed to make a 1st down again.. Maybe they'll put Kyle in and see if he can get something going........ The announcers said the wind is really blowing hard........... Whitewater is punting - 5 mins in the 1st.......

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Cru up 10- 5 with 5 mins left in the 2nd quarter

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 02:13 PM
12-10 Whitewater at the half...

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
12-10 Whitewater at the half...

I was just going to post the update - missed Whitewater's last score (Sonic run for Mr44) Johnny said they put Kyle in towards the end of the 2nd......

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 03:03 PM
The CRU having some trouble...now fall behind 25-10:(

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 03:34 PM
The CRU having some trouble...now fall behind 25-10:( Whitewater is very good I thought it would be a close game but I thought Whitewater would win but Id love to see the CRU get a crack at Mt Union

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
32-13 with time running out...:(

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I haven't heard a score in a while but Whitewater is ahead - The Cru had a great season..Looking forward to their season next year............ Now off to get a big glass of tea and settle in to watch the Richmond Spiders on ESPN ;)

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I haven't heard a score in a while but Whitewater is ahead - The Cru had a great season..Looking forward to their season next year............ Now off to get a big glass of tea and settle in to watch the Richmond Spiders on ESPN ;) Im still in shock about what the Spiders did to the 3 time defending champs last week.

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
what time do they start?

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Whitewater wins 39-13...congrats to the CRU on a great season...:clap:

Old Green
12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Northern Iowa 3
Richmond 0

The QB #13 for Northern Iowa, is he as big as his lineman or my eyes are playing tricks on me:confused:

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Halftime

Richmond 7
Northern Iowa 3

little confusion/mismanagement of the clock for the Spiders at the end of the 2nd...... Spiders miss a field goal and the clock ticks off - Northern Iowa has missed 2 field goals...... Tre had a nice reception for 1st down. Spiders get the ball at kickoff....... Keep it up Spiders :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Old Green
Northern Iowa 3
Richmond 0

The QB #13 for Northern Iowa, is he as big as his lineman or my eyes are playing tricks on me:confused:

Northern Iowa has a bunch of big ole "corn fed" boys...... ;)

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Richmond 7-3 over N. Iowa at the half...Cuero's Tre Gray getting some action...did see a false start by Gray and backed them up and ended up missing the fieldgoal to end the half...:thinking:

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Richmond 7-3 over N. Iowa at the half...Cuero's Tre Gray getting some action...did see a false start by Gray and backed them up and ended up missing the fieldgoal to end the half...:thinking:

yep - we saw that -
Do you think the coach thought the guy went out of bounds or made a 1st on the 2nd to last play - cause he waited until 1 sec left before calling time out - they had 2 TO's left......

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Northern Iowa 3
Richmond 0

that QB is a big ol boy...:thinking:

Cowboy_Up
12-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Rocky Vaclavick, freshman from Edna is a starting CB for UMHB.

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Northern Iowa 20
Richmond 14

8 mins left in the game.......

Tre getting some good playtime in the 2nd half........ Hopefully they can score and make the PAT and take the lead........ either way - this has been a good game.......;)

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 06:54 PM
3 1/2 mins left in the game - N Iowa 20 Richmond 14 - Richmond driving - 3rd down on N Iowa - about a yard short of the 1st - so it's 4th and short - assuming they go for it....... come on Spiders

Looks like the qb sneak came up short :( Gotta hold the Panthers and hope for another shot at offense........

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Panthers go 3 and out and punt to the Spiders.......

1st down for Richmond - 27 seconds left - ball on Northern Iowa 22 yard line

short pass play - 18 secs left - ball on the 13 yard line...... what an ending.......

OMG touchdown Spiders.......... game is tied - very important PAT coming up................. PAT is good Spiders lead 21 to 20

Game is over Richmond 21 Panthers 20

Richmond will face Montana in the Championship:clap:

Old Green
12-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Rocky Vaclavick, freshman from Edna is a starting CB for UMHB. I worked with Rocky's dad for awhile before the company split.

Little Rocky is a good kid:thumbsup:

Old Green
12-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Panthers go 3 and out and punt to the Spiders.......

1st down for Richmond - 27 seconds left - ball on Northern Iowa 22 yard line

short pass play - 18 secs left - ball on the 13 yard line...... what an ending.......

OMG touchdown Spiders.......... game is tied - very important PAT coming up................. PAT is good Spiders lead 21 to 20

Game is over Richmond 21 Panthers 20

Richmond will face Montana in the Championship:clap: I'm a Spider's fan now. That was a perfect drive to win:clap: :2thumbsup

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I worked with Rocky's dad for awhile before the company split.

Little Rocky is a good kid:thumbsup:

there are several players from this area on the team. Mike Forman did an article a week or so about it but I forgot who they are - seems like one from Shiner maybe? I look for the Crusaders to have another strong team next year. Hoping Kyle is tapped as the starting QB;)

I'm a Spider's fan now. That was a perfect drive to win:clap: :2thumbsup

no doubt Old Green...... it was a great drive........ and Tre had a great game (well except for that fumble but it's not like he just dropped it - he was battling hard) that's another reason I am so glad they came back and won, knowing Tre, I feel sure he'd of beat himself up about that since the Panthers scored on that turnover......... Way to hang in there Tre - Cuero's proud of you:clap: and I think the Spiders gained alot of fans ;)

Gobbla2001
12-13-2008, 07:34 PM
somebody get Gray to ship me a Spiders cap... that was an awesome game and I'm a Richmond fan now...

I was SOOOO glad to see that Gray's fumble didn't cost Richmond the game... my heart hurt after UNI scored off of his turnover...

but he had a big first down catch in the first half that continued a scoring drive and also had some good catches in the second half to keep the Spiders moving, including one that coulda gone to the house but the DB was able to push him out of bounds... not sure on the stats, but I'm betting he had around 70 or so yds receiving...

Go Spiders... Good luck next year Cru...

Old Green
12-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
somebody get Gray to ship me a Spiders cap... that was an awesome game and I'm a Richmond fan now...

I was SOOOO glad to see that Gray's fumble didn't cost Richmond the game... my heart hurt after UNI scored off of his turnover...

but he had a big first down catch in the first half that continued a scoring drive and also had some good catches in the second half to keep the Spiders moving, including one that coulda gone to the house but the DB was able to push him out of bounds... not sure on the stats, but I'm betting he had around 70 or so yds receiving...

Go Spiders... Good luck next year Cru... I'll get a hold of Tre's Dad. He'll get us a Richmond Spider's cap.

Gobbla2001
12-13-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll get a hold of Tre's Dad. He'll get us a Richmond Spider's cap.

next time I see him at a gas station trying to talk another guy out of having his ass-whupped, I'll ask him ha...

funniest thing I ever saw... luckily Trey's dad was calm or that poor boy woulda been in a world of pain...

Old Green
12-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
next time I see him at a gas station trying to talk another guy out of having his ass-whupped, I'll ask him ha...

funniest thing I ever saw... luckily Trey's dad was calm or that poor boy woulda been in a world of pain... I wish I could have seen that.:D
Tre's dad looks like he could still play pro ball.

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 07:58 PM
yes he does, but he wasn't like that in high school when we played football together...

44INAROW
12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I wish I could have seen that.:D

I think he has 2 sons either on the Freshman or JV squads - I have a feeling we aren't through watching DG's boys play either;)

Old Green
12-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I think he has 2 sons either on the Freshman or JV squads - I have a feeling we aren't through watching DG's boys play either;) They're both on the freshman team.

gobbler grad
12-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I think he has 2 sons either on the Freshman or JV squads - I have a feeling we aren't through watching DG's boys play either;)

Robert would be a freshman, not sure about the other

Gobbla2001
12-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I wish I could have seen that.:D

It was hilarious, I've never seen a guy so calm in a situation like that... after calmly trying to resolve the situation he finally gave in and gave the dude directions to a backroad area where they could settle it... but he told him as if he was giving a lost old couple directions somewhere, "you see this road? okay, just drive down this way, go past the stop sign and take the next right, or you can follow me if you want?"... the guy's friend came up and grabbed the dude and said "dude just chill out"... Tre's dad just said "you guys have a nice day" and left as if nothing had happened... I was gunna go watch the beat down ha...