PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs. K-Ville This Week

mechanic
10-06-2003, 09:21 PM
This week is the rivalry Jasper Vs. Kirbyville. This game will be played for Mr. T, our mascot who was run over this morning aledgedly by members of the Kirbyville football team. :( I am looking forward to this particular game. Kirbyville, you better bring the heat, cause if not, your gonna get burned! :mad:
Jasper Bulldogs
Loved By Few
Hated By Many
Respected By All!

98Eagle
10-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Jasper vs. Kirbyville is not what I would call a rivalry. JMHO

Backwoods
10-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Are you serious about your mascot? Details?

mechanic
10-06-2003, 09:27 PM
true, jasper and kirbyville are not as much of rivals as jasper and newton, but still an exciting game none the less.

Bulldog92
10-06-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't really consider Jasper and Newton anything more than friendly rivals if anything at all. Most Jasper posters on here would agree. The thought of Kirbyville being a rival is even more far-fetched. Jasper's true rivals will hopefully drop to 3A next year: WOS and Silsbee.

j_dog
10-06-2003, 11:48 PM
I think it is a rivalry between Jasper and Kirbyville. It is just that most of you are too young to either know or remember that they used to play regularly. Ditto for teams like Newton, Woodville, and even San Augustine.

I expect a great game Friday night. Kirbyville will come ready to play, the Dogs will be ready, and there will be some bone crushing. But, at the end, I think the Dogs will prevail by at least a TD. :)

Bulldog92
10-07-2003, 12:25 AM
j_dog:
I think it is a rivalry between Jasper and Kirbyville. It is just that most of you are too young to either know or remember that they used to play regularly. Ditto for teams like Newton, Woodville, and even San Augustine.

I expect a great game Friday night. Kirbyville will come ready to play, the Dogs will be ready, and there will be some bone crushing. But, at the end, I think the Dogs will prevail by at least a TD. :) You're right, j_dog. I'm sure you could throw Hebert and Lincoln in there too. It's too bad those schools no longer exist. Those were great rivals, too...

southern_thunder
10-07-2003, 08:59 AM
j_dog:

I expect a great game Friday night. Kirbyville will come ready to play, the Dogs will be ready, and there will be some bone crushing. But, at the end, I think the Dogs will prevail by at least a TD. :) WOW jdog you must be really old I have been around Jasper for almost 40 years and dont ever remember playing Woodville or San Agustine and only scrimmaging Newton, now my memory is not always that good and so it could have happened. LOL

JasperDog94
10-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Hebert...now that brings back some memories. Most of them bad. :confused:

Backwoods
10-07-2003, 11:06 AM
Well Bulldog92, I regret that Newton doesn't meet your standards as a rival. I realize that Jasper is one of the largest 3A schools, and Newton is one of the smallest. Sort of David and Goliath and they won't let David use a rock. We'll try to be a decent opponent for you. Please don't embarass us. Show up. Oh yeah. The last time we played in Newton, you were 4A. What happened then> :rolleyes:

Wildcat81
10-07-2003, 11:08 AM
K-ville and Jasper rivals not really,K-ville and Newton or more rivals.

spiveyrat
10-07-2003, 11:28 AM
I don't consider Newton nor K-ville rivals YET either because we don't have the history of playing those teams year after year like we do other teams like Silsbee, Bridge City, WOS, LCM, etc. This is only the second year we've been in 3A. To be honest, Strake Jesuit and Smiley are more rivals to Jasper than Newton & K-ville. That said, I think it's stupid to get all wrapped around the axle about the definition of the word "rival".

spiveyrat
10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Backwoods:
Oh yeah. The last time we played in Newton, you were 4A. What happened then> :rolleyes: Does that mean Newton has to play Jasper in Newton to beat them?

easttexan1
10-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Jasper and Kirbyville used to be the greatest of rivals, then it was Silsbee, then West Orange, now Newton. Great players and great coaches make great teams, great teams make great rivals, and great rivals make great games!!! Let's Play Ball.

j_dog
10-07-2003, 06:26 PM
southern_thunder:

j_dog:

I expect a great game Friday night. Kirbyville will come ready to play, the Dogs will be ready, and there will be some bone crushing. But, at the end, I think the Dogs will prevail by at least a TD. :) WOW jdog you must be really old I have been around Jasper for almost 40 years and dont ever remember playing Woodville or San Agustine and only scrimmaging Newton, now my memory is not always that good and so it could have happened. LOLGee, you are a youngun! Actually, I may be ALMOST as old as OC. Trust me, Jasper played those teams,although I admit it was a LONG, LONG time ago. As an aside, one of the last times Jasper played Kirbyville, Jasper lost a player due to a tragedy. The Jasper player made a tackle, reportedly with his head too low. It broke his neck, and he died the next day. It was nobody's fault, it just happened. But, yes there is certainly a history with Kirbyville and the surrounding schools. Ask some of the really oldtimers around town. They will surely remember.

Anyway, that is all irrelevant to the present. It will only take a year of so to reestablish the rivalries. Now, the REAL rivalry of Jasper's is with Silsbee. I looked it up once. I can't remember for certain how many years, but I think it has been some 60 or more years that Jasper and Silsbee have played EVERY year. Now, that is a rivalry in my books.

crimson blood
10-07-2003, 08:44 PM
j_dog, i remember that story from my childhood. way back when the school was located in the building that now houses the jr hi. the player's shoe was apparently on display in the trophy case, or so we were told.
[there was a cleat there]. legend was that it was heard walking the halls at night. even went up to the doors late one night with some friends to listen. :(
that may have been the most frightened i have ever been. eek!

spiveyrat
10-07-2003, 08:48 PM
crimson blood:
j_dog, i remember that story from my childhood. way back when the school was located in the building that now houses the jr hi. the player's shoe was apparently on display in the trophy case, or so we were told.
[there was a cleat there]. legend was that it was heard walking the halls at night. even went up to the doors late one night with some friends to listen. :(
that may have been the most frightened i have ever been. eek! I remember seeing that shoe on display somewhere. Just can't remember where. It had been bronzed or something. Maybe it was in the fieldhouse?

j_dog
10-07-2003, 11:06 PM
I didn't know about the shoe, but that was a tough year for the Dogs. That happened almost exactly one year after they lost another player to heat exhaustion during practice before they even played the first game. Two deaths in some 13 months were devastating to the Jasper program. It didn't immediately affect the high school level program so much, but mothers yanked their junior high players from the program right and left. When those kids would have been playing in high school, the program really took a nose-dive. If you look back over the won-lost records for the '60's you will see the effect very dramatically. It took years to recover the confidence and success that Jasper historically had enjoyed. So, here's hoping that there are no serious injuries for all Texas teams this year.

Bulldog92
10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Backwoods:
Well Bulldog92, I regret that Newton doesn't meet your standards as a rival. I realize that Jasper is one of the largest 3A schools, and Newton is one of the smallest. Sort of David and Goliath and they won't let David use a rock. We'll try to be a decent opponent for you. Please don't embarass us. Show up. Oh yeah. The last time we played in Newton, you were 4A. What happened then> :rolleyes: I wasn't slighting Newton at all, but there's no bitter rivalry between Newton and Jasper. Period.

Backwoods
10-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Okay. Period.

southern_thunder
10-08-2003, 08:52 AM
spiveyrat:

crimson blood:
that may have been the most frightened i have ever been. eek! I remember seeing that shoe on display somewhere. Just can't remember where. It had been bronzed or something. Maybe it was in the fieldhouse?I remember the shoe I first saw it in the old coaches office in the old gym when the high school was where the Jr. High is now. But when they moved the high school to its current place they put the shoe in the trophy case in the lobby of the gym I dont know where it is now. I also remember the stories of the shoe walking the halls. What I didnt know was that this happened in a Kirbyville game.

But do any of you remember the story of trying to cross the 50 yard line at midnight of homecoming. Legend has it if you try this something or someone will trip you as you cross the 50. We had lots of fun with this one when we were in school!!

JasperDog94
10-08-2003, 09:51 AM
j_dog:
Now, the REAL rivalry of Jasper's is with Silsbee. I looked it up once. I can't remember for certain how many years, but I think it has been some 60 or more years that Jasper and Silsbee have played EVERY year. Now, that is a rivalry in my books.I would have to say that West Orange Stark is/was Jasper's biggest rival. Those two games in 86 were huge. Jasper won the district game and WOS won the playoff game and won state that year. :mad: That's when the spray painting of buses started. And the vandalism of school property. eek! Unfortunately, now that WOS is in a 9 team district, they don't want another tough game before district starts. Man, I used to love to hate those guys. :D

Compudyne
10-08-2003, 10:20 AM
JasperDog94:

j_dog:
Now, the REAL rivalry of Jasper's is with Silsbee. I looked it up once. I can't remember for certain how many years, but I think it has been some 60 or more years that Jasper and Silsbee have played EVERY year. Now, that is a rivalry in my books.I would have to say that West Orange Stark is/was Jasper's biggest rival. Those two games in 86 were huge. Jasper won the district game and WOS won the playoff game and won state that year. :mad: That's when the spray painting of buses started. And the vandalism of school property. eek! Unfortunately, now that WOS is in a 9 team district, they don't want another tough game before district starts. Man, I used to love to hate those guys. :D I guess playing Bay City is a lot easier game than playing Jasper. That is probably why they did not schedule the Dogs.

crimson blood
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
spivey, jdog, i would love to know where the shoe is now. i remember in the early 70's it was in the case across the hall from the asssistant principal [i spent a lot of time there] eek!

i did not know of the 2nd death :( (heat stroke). does anyone know the names of these kids? are their families still in the region?

j_dog
10-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Compudyne:

JasperDog94:
[QUOTE]..
I guess playing Bay City is a lot easier game than playing Jasper. That is probably why they did not schedule the Dogs.You got that right!!
wink wink wink

j_dog
10-08-2003, 11:16 AM
crimson blood:
i did not know of the 2nd death :( (heat stroke). does anyone know the names of these kids? are their families still in the region?I have no idea what the name of the kid lost in the Kirbyville game. I think the name of the first kid started with an "A". Maybe something like Ammerman? Surely some of the really old timers around Jasper would remember.

spiveyrat
10-08-2003, 11:35 AM
southern_thunder:

spiveyrat:

crimson blood:
that may have been the most frightened i have ever been. eek! I remember seeing that shoe on display somewhere. Just can't remember where. It had been bronzed or something. Maybe it was in the fieldhouse?I remember the shoe I first saw it in the old coaches office in the old gym when the high school was where the Jr. High is now. But when they moved the high school to its current place they put the shoe in the trophy case in the lobby of the gym I dont know where it is now. I also remember the stories of the shoe walking the halls. What I didnt know was that this happened in a Kirbyville game.

But do any of you remember the story of trying to cross the 50 yard line at midnight of homecoming. Legend has it if you try this something or someone will trip you as you cross the 50. We had lots of fun with this one when we were in school!!I remember that legend or some form thereof.

JasperDog94
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Compudyne
I guess playing Bay City is a lot easier game than playing Jasper. That is probably why they did not schedule the Dogs.[/QB]The Jasper/WOS game took a lot of emotion out of the players. This was always "The Big Game" when we were in the same district. Both teams usually suffered an "emotional let-down" the following week. That's why we no longer play them.

Compudyne
10-08-2003, 12:39 PM
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14

OLDREF
10-08-2003, 12:45 PM
To bad Jasper and WOS are not playing. That sure brings back about 1 or 2 good memories for the bulldogs. They had better enjoy a rivalry game with Kirbyville because the stangs aint no rivalry the dogs want to remember.

JasperDog94
10-08-2003, 12:49 PM
WOS did get the better of us most of the time. :( But the most recent games, Jasper kicked the stuffing out of them. I was working the chains at one game and I loved every minute of it. Dan Hooks couldn't do anything to stop Jasper. I think the final was 42-0 or 42-7. Something along those lines. It was a major butt-kicking. That's the last I think Jasper saw of ol' Danny boy. :D :D :D

southern_thunder
10-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Compudyne:
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14Prediction

Jasper 35

Kirbyville 0

JasperDog94
10-08-2003, 02:37 PM
That would be a good half-time score... :D wink :p

southern_thunder
10-08-2003, 02:41 PM
I' m with you '94 and it is not that far fetched!!

booger1
10-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't know guys, they did blow out Tarkington! :rolleyes: Ya'll better watch out! eek! :D

crimson blood
10-08-2003, 04:37 PM
I don't know guys, they did blow out Tarkington! Ya'll better watch out!
lol :)

OLDREF
10-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Watch out Kirbyville, the DOGS beat SMILEY, SILSBEE, and NAC that has a combined record of 1. I'll say it again and neither one of these 2 teams are great. I think it is going to be an even game. Orangefield would spank either one of them.

<small>[ October 08, 2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

BiG_ReD
10-08-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm still in high school, and personally the biggest game this season is the Jasper vs. Newton game. Not only that, our school is taking donations for Mr. T, our beloved mascot who was run over Monday morning. He has a broken pelvis and a concussion, and hopefully with money, and the support of our town, Mr. T will be at the Newton game, as well as games after that.
Jasper Bulldogs
Loved by few
Hated by many
Respected by all

Wildcat81
10-08-2003, 06:44 PM
j_dog:

southern_thunder:

j_dog:

I expect a great game Friday night. Kirbyville will come ready to play, the Dogs will be ready, and there will be some bone crushing. But, at the end, I think the Dogs will prevail by at least a TD. :) WOW jdog you must be really old I have been around Jasper for almost 40 years and dont ever remember playing Woodville or San Agustine and only scrimmaging Newton, now my memory is not always that good and so it could have happened. LOLGee, you are a youngun! Actually, I may be ALMOST as old as OC. Trust me, Jasper played those teams,although I admit it was a LONG, LONG time ago. As an aside, one of the last times Jasper played Kirbyville, Jasper lost a player due to a tragedy. The Jasper player made a tackle, reportedly with his head too low. It broke his neck, and he died the next day. It was nobody's fault, it just happened. But, yes there is certainly a history with Kirbyville and the surrounding schools. Ask some of the really oldtimers around town. They will surely remember.

Anyway, that is all irrelevant to the present. It will only take a year of so to reestablish the rivalries. Now, the REAL rivalry of Jasper's is with Silsbee. I looked it up once. I can't remember for certain how many years, but I think it has been some 60 or more years that Jasper and Silsbee have played EVERY year. Now, that is a rivalry in my books.Was this in 50's why i ask my dad play for K-ville 53, 54, then quit school, he told about a kid breaking his neck.

Wildcat81
10-08-2003, 06:55 PM
I talked to the K-ville coaches today. They are pretty confident that they will give Jasper a good
game.

whatusay2
10-08-2003, 07:10 PM
crimson blood:
that may have been the most frightened i have ever been. eek! Hey, I definitely remember that legend as well!

Compudyne
10-08-2003, 08:00 PM
southern_thunder:
I' m with you '94 and it is not that far fetched!!Thunderbolt, this is 2003, not 2002. In 2002 that could have easily been the halftime score. If I remember correctly, It was only 7-0 though. The 2003 Dogs are not quite as explosive as the ones from last year. I wouldn't go counting out the Wildcats just yet. Good Luck on Friday.

spiveyrat
10-08-2003, 08:00 PM
OLDREF:
Watch out Kirbyville, the DOGS beat SMILEY, SILSBEE, and NAC that has a combined record of 1. I'll say it again and neither one of these 2 teams are great. I think it is going to be an even game. Orangefield would spank either one of them.Orangefield? What have you been smoking? :rolleyes:

j_dog
10-08-2003, 11:52 PM
[/QUOTE]Was this in 50's why i ask my dad play for K-ville 53, 54, then quit school, he told about a kid breaking his neck.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I think it was in 58 in the first game of the season.

mechanic
10-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Spivey Rat & all you others Greetings, been a while, lets all dispense with the niceities jasper wants to and will beat Kirbyville, and Newton thinks they have already got the game won. Wrong Newton we are coming to your house this year and taking all those purple feathers home with us. Hope it is a safe game and with that said from JHS and it`s backers, Don`t sing it just bring it and Hope you can bring enough:) :) :D :p

spiveyrat
10-09-2003, 06:35 AM
Hey mechanic! Where ya been?

sphinx1906
10-09-2003, 08:15 AM
OLDREF, put the pipe down and back away. Those drugs your smoking are messing with your mind. Orangefield doesn't want any of Jasper, Newton, Kirbyville, Diboll, or even Woodville. The best game in 2003 would be Orangefield and Huntington.

KvilleWildcats60
10-09-2003, 08:27 AM
I agree Sphinx.

sphinx1906
10-09-2003, 08:36 AM
I really don't care to watch either of the two, because I see little talent on either side of the football.

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 08:51 AM
I hope OLDREF isn't going to be refing the game tomorrow night. :p I hear that it takes awhile for the drugs to leave your system. eek! :D

booger1
10-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Dang sphinx, you even through in Woodville! Orangefiled must be pretty bad! eek!

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:03 AM
I will not be a REF at Jasper. Everyone missed my point. The point is that district 20 AAA is supposed to be great and none of them has played anyone worth a darn. That is including Newton who beat BC who Orangefield beat. Which means they are all unproven and each team will have to play on its own merrit. Because on any given FRIDAY anyone can win if they want it bad enough. Except maybe Huntington.

Stripes are slimming.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Hey oldref what exactly are Stipe and how are they slimming?

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:05 AM
southern_thunder:
Hey oldref what exactly are Stipes and how are they slimming?

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:09 AM
<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-09-2003, 09:09 AM
southern_thunder:

Compudyne:
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14Prediction

Jasper 35

Kirbyville 0Southern_thunder I think you are drinking too much Southern Comfort. They are selling what you are smoking down on Telephone Rd.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
I have been to telephone rd. Used to go to a club there called the Mustang club.

You may be right about my prediction and then again I MAY be right that is the beauty of it and that is why we play the game to see what happens.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
OLDREF:
Watch out Kirbyville, the DOGS beat SMILEY, SILSBEE, and NAC that has a combined record of 1. I'll say it again and neither one of these 2 teams are great. I think it is going to be an even game. Orangefield would spank either one of them.You and southern_thunder must be hitting the bong together somewhere.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:14 AM
St. Ivender:

OLDREF:
Watch out Kirbyville, the DOGS beat SMILEY, SILSBEE, and NAC that has a combined record of 1. I'll say it again and neither one of these 2 teams are great. I think it is going to be an even game. Orangefield would spank either one of them.You and southern_thunder must be hitting the bong together somewhere.Nope St. I am drug free Just say no!!!

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:15 AM
SOUTHERN BLUNDER,

You should know and understand that an OLDREF doesnt see very good any more and sometimes might miss something when they proof read. Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I WILL TRY TO WATCH EVERYONE A LITTLE CLOSER ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET ASSIGNED A JASPER GAME.

You will know who I am by the size of my flag.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

booger1
10-09-2003, 09:15 AM
St. Ivender:

southern_thunder:

Compudyne:
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14Prediction

Jasper 35

Kirbyville 0Southern_thunder I think you are drinking too much Southern Comfort. They are selling what you are smoking down on Telephone Rd.I agree, you must be realistic southern, Jasper will win by way more than that! :D

Compudyne
10-09-2003, 09:17 AM
St. Ivender:

OLDREF:
Watch out Kirbyville, the DOGS beat SMILEY, SILSBEE, and NAC that has a combined record of 1. I'll say it again and neither one of these 2 teams are great. I think it is going to be an even game. Orangefield would spank either one of them.You and southern_thunder must be hitting the bong together somewhere.I think you have figured out their true identities. Southern Comfort and OldEnglish 800.

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 09:20 AM
OLDREF:
SOUTHERN BLUNDER,

You should know and understand that an OLDREF doesnt see very good any more and sometimes might miss something when they proof read. Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I WILL TRY TO WATCH EVERYONE A LITTLE CLOSER ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET ASSIGNED A JASPER GAME.Just make sure that you're nice to the chain gang. My dad works the chains for all the Jasper games at home.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:21 AM
OLDREF:
SOUTHERN BLUNDER,

You should know and understand that an OLDREF doesnt see very good any more and sometimes might miss something when they proof read. Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I WILL TRY TO WATCH EVERYONE A LITTLE CLOSER ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET ASSIGNED A JASPER GAME.I have met few refs that see well reguardless of age. And I doubt you will be calling any games in Jasper.

crimson blood
10-09-2003, 09:21 AM
seriously, oldref, which of the mentioned teams have you seen in person? have you ref'd any or all?

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:26 AM
What is with the name calling that shows a real degree of intelligence. At least I am mature enough and respect you enough to address you by your correct pseudonym.

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:29 AM
southern_thunder:

OLDREF:
SOUTHERN BLUNDER,

You should know and understand that an OLDREF doesnt see very good any more and sometimes might miss something when they proof read. Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I WILL TRY TO WATCH EVERYONE A LITTLE CLOSER ESPECIALLY WHEN I GET ASSIGNED A JASPER GAME.I have met few refs that see well reguardless of age. And I doubt you will be calling any games in Jasper.You have got be a coach or a wanna be,to admit to even knowing any of my kind. We love to come up north and call your games. We get paid by the mile and the gate is always good at Jasper.

You will know me by the size of my flag.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Seriously though oldref if you really are an official how can you get involved in heated discussions like this and still maintain any objectivity?

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:31 AM
southern_thunder:
Seriously though oldref if you really are an official how can you get involved in heated discussions like this and still maintain any objectivity?Who is heated? I only thanked you for pointing out my mistake and I promised to watch things closer.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

Big Red
10-09-2003, 09:33 AM
SPHINX AND WILDCATS60 - I HEARD ORANGEFIELD HAD A GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR. THEY RECENTLY WON THE BAYOU BOWL. HAVE EITHER OF YOU SEEN THEM PLAY?

MADDAWG04
10-09-2003, 09:36 AM
St. Ivender:

southern_thunder:

Compudyne:
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14Prediction

Jasper 35

Kirbyville 0Southern_thunder I think you are drinking too much Southern Comfort. They are selling what you are smoking down on Telephone Rd.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 09:37 AM
OLDREF:

southern_thunder:
Seriously though oldref if you really are an official how can you get involved in heated discussions like this and still maintain any objectivity?Who is heated? I only thanked you for pointing out my mistake and I promised to watch things closer.I was referring to the entire thread and you have made comment about the outcome and scores of this game.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
crimson blood:
seriously, oldref, which of the mentioned teams have you seen in person? have you ref'd any or all?I have seen BC, Hardin, Kirbyville, Anahuac, Newton,Buna and yes I have seen Jasper.

No I have not REF'D in all of those games.

STRIPES ARE SLIMMING

MADDAWG04
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
St. Ivender:

southern_thunder:

Compudyne:
Prediction

Kirbyville - 20

Jasper - 14Prediction

Jasper 35

Kirbyville 0Southern_thunder I think you are drinking too much Southern Comfort. They are selling what you are smoking down on Telephone Rd.This is for them people who talking down on jasper. Jasper is gonna eat them wildcats alive. Then see who has nine lives. who chase who the dog or the cat? let you be the judge!

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:40 AM
<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

OLDREF
10-09-2003, 09:40 AM
southern_thunder:

OLDREF:

southern_thunder:
Seriously though oldref if you really are an official how can you get involved in heated discussions like this and still maintain any objectivity?Who is heated? I only thanked you for pointing out my mistake and I promised to watch things closer.I was referring to the entire thread and you have made comment about the outcome and scores of this game.You had better edit or someone might correct you. I have not made COMMENT about the outcome and SCORES of this game. But if I did it would only be an opinion.

STRIPES ARE SLIMMING

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: OLDREF ]</small>

St. Ivender
10-09-2003, 10:14 AM
What's the weather forecast for Jasper tomorrow night?

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 10:18 AM
The rain is supposed to move out and be clear for tomorrow night as far as I know.

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Good. I won't be able to come to the game if it's raining. I'll have my little one in tow. :D

Jason1725
10-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Hey this is America, don't you know nobody can have opinions anymore, just ask Rush.

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Jason1725:
Hey this is America, don't you know nobody can have opinions anymore, just ask Rush.Yeah, I forgot all about that... frown

spiveyrat
10-09-2003, 11:36 AM
Sure have been a lot of edits/deletions in this thread!

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-09-2003, 11:37 AM
Oops! Had to edit that post! :D

Wildcat81
10-09-2003, 12:11 PM
you all taking the cats lightly. I wouldn't! They are getting all psyhic up for Friday night.they'er coming to play ball.Ya'll be ready.

spiveyrat
10-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Yes, back to the game... will anyone be providing any updates on here for the game?

Wildcat81
10-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Man i hope so i have to work nights this Friday.
I wonder if what radio station will carry the game. Any jasper posters out there who might know.

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 01:04 PM
KTXJ will be carying it they carry all the Jasper games. 102.7

DOGcatcher
10-09-2003, 01:33 PM
KIRBYVILLE 25

JASPER 17

Wildcat81
10-09-2003, 01:53 PM
southern_thunder:
KTXJ will be carying it they carry all the Jasper games. 102.7Thanks suthern_thunder :)

oldercoach
10-09-2003, 06:09 PM
oldref has seen quite a few teams. He has seen Kirbyville quite a few times.

Red and Black are slimming wink

Wildcat81
10-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Go Big K. :D :D :D :D :D

bearkatdad
10-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Its good to see our old buddy from last year back here in the forum....mechanic..good to have you back in here rooting for the Dawgs...hope to see you at the game Fri night.
Jasper 27
Kirbyville 7

3ahunter2k4
10-09-2003, 06:49 PM

eagle_fan
10-09-2003, 07:02 PM
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names tho

j_dog
10-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Wildcat81:
you all taking the cats lightly. I wouldn't! They are getting all psyhic up for Friday night.they'er coming to play ball.Ya'll be ready.Some guys may be teasing a little, but I don't think anyone in Jasper is taking Kirbyville lightly. I think it is a wonderful opportunity that Jasper finally gets to play an undefeated team again. The Dogs will be ready. And, most likely, they will have the opportunity to play another undefeated team next week. That is exactly what Jasper now needs, some good challenges. Good luck to all teams, and GO DOG's !!!
:) :) :)

Backwoods
10-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Good luck to the Dawgs and Kats. But somebody's got to win it. LOL. Keep safe. Give Mr.T my best. :p

j_dog
10-09-2003, 07:26 PM
eagle_fan:
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names thoI don't know anything about that, but I would bet you $10 that if anyone is not eligible, they will not play this year! Well, they had better not, or heads will roll. :D

And have the grading deadlines changed? Last year, it was the Newton game that the grades affected, not the Kirbyville game. frown

southern_thunder
10-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Jasper started school a week earlier this year so the grading schedule did change but there is no one inelgible.

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Don't believe half of what you hear...

rootin_for_my_BOYS
10-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Good luck to K-ville !!

j_dog
10-09-2003, 11:03 PM
southern_thunder:
Jasper started school a week earlier this year so the grading schedule did change but there is no one inelgible.Now, that is good news for Dog fans! I guess that should take them through district as far as eligibilty goes. :)

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: j_dog ]</small>

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 06:41 AM
eagle_fan:
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names thoI've seen some evidence on this board that would suggest there are some NEWTON players who are probably struggling in their English/Grammar class and/or keyboarding class. :p

St. Ivender
10-10-2003, 07:05 AM
spiveyrat:

eagle_fan:
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names thoI've seen some evidence on this board that would suggest there are some NEWTON players who are probably struggling in their English/Grammar class and/or keyboarding class. :p Too true, some of these guys can't spell C.A.T.

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 08:12 AM
St. Ivender:

spiveyrat:

eagle_fan:
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names thoI've seen some evidence on this board that would suggest there are some NEWTON players who are probably struggling in their English/Grammar class and/or keyboarding class. :p Too true, some of these guys can't spell C.A.T.If you spot them the C and the T.

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

sphinx1906
10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
You can say what you want about spelling CAT, but I bet they can RUN the S.C.A.T.! When did the english language adopt DAWG as a real word?

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 08:25 AM
When Copperas Cove put it on the front of their Jerseys.

sphinx1906
10-10-2003, 08:31 AM
I didn't know Mr. Webster was from copperas cove.

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 08:32 AM
He moved there about 10 years ago.

sphinx1906
10-10-2003, 08:42 AM
LOL, That was a good one. I thought that he did move there but I wanted to see if you were on your P's and Q's. Good luck this week

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks, I just hope both teams play well and are injury free. Regardless of turn out I would like district 20-3A to be well reprsented and go deep in the playoffs. And to do that you have to be healthy.

MADDAWG04
10-10-2003, 09:09 AM
eagle_fan:
i heard a rumor today in jasper that some of their players was having book learning trouble and might not be able to play ::: no names tho</strong>
Man this is for the newton hater, thats envying the Jasper Bulldogs, 99% of rumors you hear is false. But Dont let the person you heard having trouble in their books, run you over. eek! eek!

<small>[ October 10, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: MADDAWG04 ]</small>

cooter05
10-10-2003, 09:33 AM
I believe Kirbyville will win this contest. I was there at the game last year when Jasper had their best team in the last 15 years and only won 14-0. Kirbyville gave them all they wanted and more. After losing 30+ seniors and two All-Americans you think they would realize that they aint the Jasper of last year. Face it. Ya'll are good for at least two chokes a year and this will be one of them.

Kirbyville 26
Jasper 13

Kirbyville is more talanted, disciplined and better coached.

Matthew328
10-10-2003, 09:34 AM
cooter05:
I believe Kirbyville will win this contest. I was there at the game last year when Jasper had their best team in the last 15 years and only won 14-0. Kirbyville gave them all they wanted and more. After losing 30+ seniors and two All-Americans you think they would realize that they aint the Jasper of last year. Face it. Ya'll are good for at least two chokes a year and this will be one of them.

Kirbyville 26
Jasper 13

Kirbyville is more talanted, disciplined and better coached.Wow, those are some harsh words...Jasper wins a close one...

Jasper 27
Kirbyville 23

cooter05
10-10-2003, 09:34 AM

Kirbyville 26
Jasper 13

Kirbyville is more talanted, disciplined and better coached.

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanks for your confidence Matthew but it will not be that close Jasper wins big.

Compudyne
10-10-2003, 09:47 AM
southern_thunder:
Thanks for your confidence Matthew but it will not be that close Jasper wins big.Thunder, I do not understand your thoughts behind your comments. What in the world would make you think that Jasper is going to win big. Jasper lost almost everything they had on offense and defense. Kirbyville has 9 starters back on Defense from a team that allowed Jasper only 14 points last year. Are you telling me that Jasper is that much better on offense this year or that Kirbyville's returning letterman are not as good as they were before. I am just trying to figure out your thinking.

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 10:01 AM
There is nothing to figure out. This years Jasper team is not last years team, maybe it does not have as much individual talent but they play together better as a team. As for last years game it was more Jasper holding itself to 14 points. The starting QB only played about 3 plays and one of them was a touchdown pass, there were numerous turnovers and other offensive breakdowns. But enough about last year it is in the past. As for my reasoning of predicting a big win it is based soley on a gut feeling, nothing else. I maybe wrong, and then again I maybe right that is why we play the game.
One thing for sure come 10:30 tonite we should know if I was right or not.

Compudyne
10-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the information. I did not realize that Jaspers Quarteback only played 3 plays last year.

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 10:08 AM
He had a strained back and sprained ankle and did not play against Strake, Smiley and just a few plays against Kirbyville, so that he could play against Newton.

Compudyne
10-10-2003, 10:16 AM
I was at the game last year and I am pretty sure he played more than 3 plays. That is interesting that he HAD to play in order for Jasper to score on Kirbyville. I am glad that yall are playing better as a team this year. Those guys are so much more fun to watch than all those individuals. Good Luck tonight.

cooter05
10-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Wrong! Mitchell did not start the game because of the injury, but they had to put him in because they were in for a surprise. They expected a walkover last year and were lucky for a win. (Good thing Kirbyville fumbled in the end zone going in to score). But Mitchell did play. If Jasper does happen to pull it out tonight it will not be by much. I just think that the Wildcats are a better more experienced team.
Last year they played a senior laden team with 15 soph., and 6 juniors, who are back with a vengence.

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Compudyne:

southern_thunder:
Thanks for your confidence Matthew but it will not be that close Jasper wins big.Thunder, I do not understand your thoughts behind your comments. What in the world would make you think that Jasper is going to win big. Jasper lost almost everything they had on offense and defense. Kirbyville has 9 starters back on Defense from a team that allowed Jasper only 14 points last year. Are you telling me that Jasper is that much better on offense this year or that Kirbyville's returning letterman are not as good as they were before. I am just trying to figure out your thinking.Did you ever stop to think that Jasper might not have played their "best game" against K-ville last year?

Big Red
10-10-2003, 10:32 AM
I AGREE WITH COOTER. IF JASPER DOES PULL IT OFF, IT WILL BE A VERY CLOSE GAME.
GOOD LUCK WILDCATS!

cooter05
10-10-2003, 10:32 AM
No Spivey, I try not to look for excuses.

Have you prayed to the good LORD that they play their BEST GAME so they can beat little ole Kirbyville.

St. Ivender
10-10-2003, 11:00 AM
Compudyne:
Thanks for the information. I did not realize that Jaspers Quarteback only played 3 plays last year.It's a good bet he won't be playing tonight either.

Kirbyville rises to the occasion and wins a close one.

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 11:35 AM
cooter05:
No Spivey, I try not to look for excuses.

Have you prayed to the good LORD that they play their BEST GAME so they can beat little ole Kirbyville.It's not an excuse. Jasper beat much more talented teams than Kville last year by much larger margins. Kville is LUCKY Jasper didn't play their best game against them.

Looks like it's time to start firing up the grill!

Compudyne
10-10-2003, 12:13 PM
So Spivey, You are telling me that Kirbyville did not play that good. It was Jasper playing that bad??

southern_thunder
10-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Compudyne:
I was at the game last year and I am pretty sure he played more than 3 plays. That is interesting that he HAD to play in order for Jasper to score on Kirbyville. I am glad that yall are playing better as a team this year. Those guys are so much more fun to watch than all those individuals. Good Luck tonight.Well he might have played more than 3 but it was less than 10 and he was not in the game when Jasper scored their second TD. What still amazes me is that Kirbyville is still hanging thier hat on that game from last year, a loss. And whether it was 14-0 or 44-0 Kirbyville still lost.

I dont know what to say about a team that gets so excited about almost winning.

But this is a different year and i will be glad when it gets started!! And then tomorrow everybody will KNOW!!!

Newton 05
10-10-2003, 12:29 PM
I am routing for K-Ville. Jasper does not have a chance. Tonight but in 2 weeks Kirbyville is going to be subjected to a horrifying loss against Newton. :D

MtnAg
10-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I dont hink it is so much that K-ville is hangning there hat on a loss, but the way they performed in that game. They were expected to get it handed to them and it didnt happen. That is something to be proud of and something they have built on. NO ONE is proud of a loss but you can be proud of the performance of the team.

Hey Jasper was supposed to come over here with all there Blue Chippers and just pound us in the ground and it didnt happen.

I cant wait til it starts either so we can see where we are against a good team. I think K-ville is up to the challenge and we will do fine.

K-ville 20
Jasper 20

overtime K-ville wins

Im just an observer and those are my obsevations.

sphinx1906
10-10-2003, 12:45 PM
guess whose back! Let me go ahead and break this down for yall. Jasper is going to be a good team in this district and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.BUT they have two to three times the athletes to choose from so they should be a top contender. Yes they lost alot of players off last years team but so what, they still have alot to choose from. Kirbyville on the other hand is playing well and is in the progress of building a competetive program and they want to make a statement. there is nothing that you can say to tell them that they can't win. This is going to be a good game. My unbias prediction is :

Kirbyville-17
Jasper- 14

I hope that after all is said and done that it will be done with class.

cooter05
10-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Me or any other poster on here is hanging our hats on last years loss. I also have never said that Jasper played its best game of the year, but Kirbyville was a big reason for that. They seemed to have a good scheme and played good defense. Give credit where credit is due. I have not seen Jasper play but it doesn't take a scientist to realize that Jasper lost the house to graduation and that Kirbyville has its entire team back. And you know what? They'll all be back next year too. Kirbyville plays the spread attack well, because they are so quick on defense and will defeat the most underachieving school in Texas High School Football History. Year to year the best talent in the state but NO RING.

Reveille
10-10-2003, 01:34 PM
spiveyrat

Looks like it's time to start firing up the grill!I was just thinking the same thing. :D

Hupernikomen
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
You give Jasper a lot of credit to say they are the best ever to never win it all. (Might actually be true too.) Lot of awesome programs in the state that haven't broken through. However, I have never seen Jasper lose a game to a team with inferior players. Has Jasper lost to teams with less talent, probably so, but who hasn't. Only one team wins it every year.

The teams Jasper has lost it too through the years: WOS, LaMarque, Bay City, Burnet to name a few......I wouldn't exactly say that Jasper was better or more talented than any of those teams that beat us.

As far as I am concerned the 1987 team was a bigger disappointment that last years team who lost to a dern good burnet squad.

Wildcat81
10-10-2003, 02:08 PM
come on guys The game starts in 5hrs and 20min.
I believe the cats will win.

MtnAg
10-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Are you playing, coaching or watching?

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Compudyne:
So Spivey, You are telling me that Kirbyville did not play that good. It was Jasper playing that bad??Yes, I think Jasper played that bad. I have no doubt in my mind that Kville was gunning for Jasper and were ready for the task. But man, you gotta look at some of the quality programs that got blown off the field by the dogs week after week. Look at Newton. Jasper beat them (unofficially) hands down because they were ready for and prepared for them. Kirbyville lost to Newton, I believe? I don't know what the score was, though.

I think Jasper made the mistake of looking to the Newton game BEFORE they had Kville out of the way.

Wildcat81
10-10-2003, 02:17 PM
I have to work tonight. I have the phone No.The radio station in Jasper. frown

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Hupernikomen:

As far as I am concerned the 1987 team was a bigger disappointment that last years team who lost to a dern good burnet squad.Yeah, the '87 bunch was a big disappointment to me too. They really had a lot of talent. I believe WOS was our achilles heel again that year. Last year, I really thought they would go all the way after making the run they did in 4A the previous year. But, they didn't show up focused and Burnet literally ran away with it from the start.

Reveille
10-10-2003, 02:38 PM
spiveyrat:

Compudyne:
So Spivey, You are telling me that Kirbyville did not play that good. It was Jasper playing that bad??Yes, I think Jasper played that bad. I have no doubt in my mind that Kville was gunning for Jasper and were ready for the task. But man, you gotta look at some of the quality programs that got blown off the field by the dogs week after week. Look at Newton. Jasper beat them (unofficially) hands down because they were ready for and prepared for them. Kirbyville lost to Newton, I believe? I don't know what the score was, though.

I think Jasper made the mistake of looking to the Newton game BEFORE they had Kville out of the way.For what it is worth, Newton won 31-8.

Billy Boy
10-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Reveille:

spiveyrat

Looks like it's time to start firing up the grill!I was just thinking the same thing. :D I already have it hot. Will start cooking for them at 10:00pm. :D

Hupernikomen
10-10-2003, 04:06 PM
spiveyrat:

Hupernikomen:

As far as I am concerned the 1987 team was a bigger disappointment that last years team who lost to a dern good burnet squad.Yeah, the '87 bunch was a big disappointment to me too. They really had a lot of talent. I believe WOS was our achilles heel again that year. Last year, I really thought they would go all the way after making the run they did in 4A the previous year. But, they didn't show up focused and Burnet literally ran away with it from the start.Burnet did run away with it. Jasper was down 28-0 before we even realized what was going on. Our defensive cover scheme was pitiful. We looked about like a calf looking at a new gate. We ran into a team that knew how to run the spread offense, and we looked like A&M trying to cover Texas Tech. We had no clue how to stop their offense. At least that is my take on the game.

St. Ivender
10-10-2003, 04:23 PM
spiveyrat:

Compudyne:

I think Jasper made the mistake of looking to the Newton game BEFORE they had Kville out of the way.I am banking on the same thing happening tonight with Kirbyville victory before their ultimate dismantling by Newton in a few weeks.

bearkatdad
10-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey spiveyboy...since you are firing up that grill for someone to eat a little crow, go ahead and throw some sausages on it...may as well enjoy the outing...no problem for the dogs..
I repeat!!!
Jasper 27
K'ville 7
I'll post the final score when we come back from the game, unless someone keeps you guys informed..

Billy Boy
10-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I'll kept ya'll updated as the game is played.
I'll stared a new topic Jasper vs Kirbyviile.

Wildcat81
10-10-2003, 06:27 PM
GO CATS :cool:

spiveyrat
10-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Compudyne:
So Spivey, You are telling me that Kirbyville did not play that good. It was Jasper playing that bad??Looks like tonight's game kind of falls into favor of what I was trying to point out.