PDA

View Full Version : House--the TV Show

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 10:47 AM
I never watch any TV series shows but just stopped by and watched a little of "House" the other night. That guy House is ourageous, and I appreciated how the writers constructed his character. Interesting mix of absolute irreverence for almost everything and professionalism in one character.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Used to watch this when nothing else was on; now, it's my favorite show on television, by far. Love the show, love the writing, love it all.

LHMom
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
You JUST discovered House? One of the faves in my family for a few years now. At first I didn't like him because he could be so mean... but he grew on me.

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
You JUST discovered House? One of the faves in my family for a few years now. At first I didn't like him because he could be so mean... but he grew on me.

Yep--just by accident. In the episode I watched, House was talking to a young unmarried couple and the girl says:

"We're both virgins."

House: "I believe HIM."

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Oh man! I love it!

44INAROW
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
we discovered House last year - totally by mistake - Now we dont' miss an episode (thanks to DVR). We watch the reruns on USA and the "new ones" on FOX - Hugh Laurie has recently been on the late night talk shows too - he was on Jay Leno last week and Conan O'Brien this week. I had no idea he was British until I saw him on Leno last week. He said that people stop him on the street and ask him if his "leg is better since he wasn't limping" ha ha.......... for those that have watched House for a long time - did they ever mention what is wrong this his leg aka why he limps and uses the cane?

HM33
12-13-2008, 12:44 PM
In my top 5 of fav shows. I want a doctor like him. Oh another one that comes on right after House of FOX is Fringe. That is a great so too. Science fiction stuff but they make it great.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
we discovered House last year - totally by mistake - Now we dont' miss an episode (thanks to DVR). We watch the reruns on USA and the "new ones" on FOX - Hugh Laurie has recently been on the late night talk shows too - he was on Jay Leno last week and Conan O'Brien this week. I had no idea he was British until I saw him on Leno last week. He said that people stop him on the street and ask him if his "leg is better since he wasn't limping" ha ha.......... for those that have watched House for a long time - did they ever mention what is wrong this his leg aka why he limps and uses the cane?

Yes, its from early on in the series. GREAT episode, also explains his divorce - I think it won an Academy award for best writing--episode. I don't want to tell the storyline because you'll want to watch it. I can't remember the exact name of the episode, but I think it may be a two parter, and the title is '3 patients' or '3 cases' or something along those lines. Has to do with a lecture he gave to grade student. Look it up!