PDA

View Full Version : Celina could be doomed!!!!

lostaussie
12-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Thinking about making this one:D For some reason I have never witnessed the bobblecats celebrate victory:thinking: 0-4 when Aussie in the house. I have tried several things to break the curse including sitting on visitors side and home side. Maybe curse could be lifted with some of that tailgate BBQ that will be going on:thinking: On the other hand, unfortunately, I have never seen LHill lose:devil:

gatordaze
12-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Thinking about making this one:D For some reason I have never witnessed the bobblecats celebrate victory:thinking: 0-4 when Aussie in the house. I have tried several things to break the curse including sitting on visitors side and home side. Maybe curse could be lifted with some of that tailgate BBQ that will be going on:thinking: On the other hand, unfortunately, I have never seen LHill lose:devil:

How bout tickets to the other game?;)

RPF2666
12-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Unless you went to a few games this year, you've obviously been around a while...you will be welcomed with open orange arms

bobcat1
12-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Come sit with me Aussie. I'll get you some of G2's bananna pudding.;) We can talk fishing and hunting during your 1st ever viewing of 2 different things. :D

lostaussie
12-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Come sit with me Aussie. I'll get you some of G2's bananna pudding.;) We can talk fishing and hunting during your 1st ever viewing of 2 different things. :D that might be a date..............but only if I get all G's nanner pudding:D

bobcat1
12-12-2008, 09:05 AM
I'll get the order in today.

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Come sit with me Aussie. I'll get you some of G2's bananna pudding.;) We can talk fishing and hunting during your 1st ever viewing of 2 different things. :D
Is that the same banana pudding that had him on the porcelain throne? :eek: :eek: Or was that the Mountain Dew/cotton candy diet? :thinking:

bobcat1
12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
It breaks the GooGoo curse. I know that.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
that might be a date..............but only if I get all G's nanner pudding:D

A good friend of mine always said: "It's hard to beat good nanner."

lostaussie
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I may have to break out the TomTom................worldly traveler like I am, I don't think I have ever been to Midlothian. What time festivities start? Thinking about sitting in the endzone..............that way I won't miss the meet and greet:D

lostaussie
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
If any of my Gilmer homies would like to go, give me a call. You have my number...............if you don't, there is probably a reason:D

firstcat
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Then by all means, come on down!!! I'll even save you a seat! Got any purple to wear?

OrangeChamps
12-12-2008, 08:44 PM
First time for everything. No matter what side you sit on the outcome is going to be the same. Gonna be fun.

Come on
12-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
First time for everything. No matter what side you sit on the outcome is going to be the same. Gonna be fun.
Yes it will, LH Rolls 42 28

BLUE 200!

westcoast54
12-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Where the heck were you in October of 2002. The Gainesville Leopards could have used you that night. Maby if your there we don't fumble on the one and WE break the 68 game win streak!

WOS87
12-13-2008, 12:07 AM
It's going to be a remarkable game no matter what the outcome...

If Liberty Hill wins they will have notched 39 consecutive wins and advanced to their 3rd consecutive state final

If Celina wins they will be the first program ever to play in 4 consecutive state finals on TWO different occasions...

State Finalists '98, '99, '00, '01
State Finalists '05, '06, '07, ??

charlesrixey
12-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Where the heck were you in October of 2002. The Gainesville Leopards could have used you that night. Maby if your there we don't fumble on the one and WE break the 68 game win streak!

technically, it wouldn't have been a 68 game win streak at that point:devil:

still one of my best game experiences ever, that night in celina

westcoast54
12-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
technically, it wouldn't have been a 68 game win streak at that point:devil:

still one of my best game experiences ever, that night in celina

That night was incredible, even though we lost, I'll never forget it.

Twirling Time
12-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
It's going to be a remarkable game no matter what the outcome...

If Liberty Hill wins they will have notched 39 consecutive wins and advanced to their 3rd consecutive state final

If Celina wins they will be the first program ever to play in 4 consecutive state finals on TWO different occasions...

State Finalists '98, '99, '00, '01
State Finalists '05, '06, '07, ??

Heck, there've been only three that have done it once (Celina, Sealy, Fort Hancock).

kepdawg
12-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Heck, there've been only three that have done it once (Celina, Sealy, Fort Hancock).

La Marque played in 6, Southlake Carroll played in 5, Denton Ryan played in 4. Those are off the top of my head.

WOS87
12-13-2008, 03:01 AM
Twirling Time was referring to the three programs that have won 4 consecutive state championships

Among the all-time greats, you have forgotten one major juggernaut:

Old Waco High appeared in 6 consecutive state finals from 1922-1927 winning three of them (which is a record that La Marque tied)

Twirling Time
12-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Dangit, right church, wrong pew (and I was going off the top of my head too.) Thanks WOS.

DDBooger
12-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
(which is a record that La Marque tied)
:mad:

lostaussie
12-14-2008, 02:07 PM
wow, the curse is over!!!!! still didn't get to see celina actually win though.............cause they were kickin so much a$$ that i left with 9 minutes left. I'll give my take on the champ game tomorrow. I will say that Celina did not even resemble the same team i saw play Whitehouse. Good job Bobblecats, ya'll played a whale of a game:thumbsup:

N4SIR
12-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Did you ever post your thoughts on the Carthage vs. Celina game?

lostaussie
12-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by N4SIR
Did you ever post your thoughts on the Carthage vs. Celina game?

This what I sent Bobcat1 in a pm.

Celina /Carthage
Well, 1st of all let me tell you that I really hate I missed out on the puddin!!!!! I should have come over at half and found some of you guys because by then not many of the LH fans had much too say. Any way you asked for it so here goes. I have seen Celina twicw now as you know and Carthage only once. You guys DO have a chance but you are going to have to score. Carthage will get their points. O-line is huge and that is where they basically beat us. #22 running back Dwight Smith is a freaking train. Kid is huge, and fast and not afraid of contact. Lines up 10 yards deep in the backfield and when he hits the line he is already wide open. He is going north and south. No jewking or jiving to this kid. Carthage is going to set up the pass with the run. 2 big wideouts are going to be very hard to cover. They also use the tight end real well and the kid has great hands. Defensively they are quick to the ball and none whatsoever afraid of contact. They were prone to bite on the playfakes and we did a good job of getting some good plays on this. Screens could also do some damage to them.

I say all this to say it's gonna be tough. Big, fast, mean and they carry quite a swagger. But with that swagger can come some internal strife. If ya'll can get a couple of daggers in early I think they could crumble. I saw a whole lot of internal mouthing and finger pointing when we were coming back on them.

BTW, QB has pinpoint accuracy but he also has a torn MCL. He will not run. Put some pressure on him and he can't get away.

Prognostication
Carthage 34
Celina 21
I hope I'm wrong because Carthage put a bit of a bad taste in my mouth with their attitude. But with that being said, they are the best team I have seen this year.