PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens

JR2004
12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I usually don't pay too much attention to him, but man he's out in left field on this one. Romo and Witten freezing him out? Come on...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

According to multiple sources within the Dallas Cowboys, there is an emerging internal conflict involving three of the team's highest-profile stars.

As the preseason Super Bowl favorites struggle in the final month of the season to simply make the playoffs, wide receiver Terrell Owens has expressed resentment toward Tony Romo, apparently jealous of the quarterback's relationship with tight end Jason Witten.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversations, according to a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates. Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment as Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

"I don't know anything about that," Wade Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

Owens declined to discuss the situation on Thursday outside the Cowboys' locker room. As he walked toward the players' lounge at Valley Ranch, ESPN asked Owens if he would answer questions and he said, "Nope.''

Linebacker Bradie James acknowledged to ESPN that his status as one of the team captains has caused him to play a peacemaker role between Romo and Owens.

"Whenever the fire gets blazing, I know,'' James said. "Sometimes, I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but we all talk.

"It just is what it is ... It's just two different guys, two different personalities and they know what's at stake. They know that everybody needs them. And there's no dislike. It's just sometimes, not everybody is going to see eye to eye. That's what makes a football team.''

A current Cowboys player compared Owens' behavior to that which led to problems with his former quarterbacks, Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia. Those failed relationships and problems with the head coaches and other teammates led to Owens' exile from those teams and made him available to Dallas owner Jerry Jones in 2006.

"He's insecure about it,'' the player said of Owens. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him -- San Fran, Philly and here; always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. TO talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball.

"That's so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because that's his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that's not helping him too much. It's crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way.''

Witten leads the Cowboys with 64 receptions to 55 for Owens, who has a team-high 848 receiving yards and nine touchdowns. According to one of the sources, Owens cannot fathom how Romo and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett justify the tight end having more catches than does Owens even though the latter ranks among the most accomplished receivers in NFL history.

There has so far been no known confrontation between Romo and Owens, who have combined for 33 touchdowns since 2006, the most of any quarterback-receiver tandem in the NFL during that time. Romo has always been careful to make certain Owens felt appreciated so that he would compete hard and not cause the kind of upheaval he did with his previous teams.

But one teammate suggested Romo is frustrated enough that he might initiate a different approach, although not the confrontational kind that some believe might solve the problem.

"To be completely honest, I just think Tony is over it; not like, "Screw it.' But I think Tony is over the mind games,'' the player said. "It would help if Tony would stand up to him, but he would never do it. He does a great job of ignoring it and not letting it affect him, and that's why it has worked as good as it has. It's just hard. I think right now everybody is to the point where, "We're going to need him, so let's not piss him off.''

But Owens seems to be finding it increasingly difficult to conceal his irritation. Last week in Pittsburgh, on the first possession of the Cowboys' most important game of the season, a team source who reviewed the game tape said Romo threw an interception when Owens mysteriously failed to complete his route. Troy Polamalu intercepted the ball at the place where Romo expected Owens to be. Later in the half, Romo underthrew a pass for Owens that was intercepted by Ike Taylor and Owens gestured openly in Romo's direction as he walked toward the sideline that the ball should have been thrown further upfield.

But what upset Owens' teammates most of all was his response to the interception Romo threw on a pass intended for Witten that Deshea Townsend returned for the game-winning touchdown in a 20-13 defeat. Both the quarterback and tight end publicly accepted blame for the Cowboys' season-high fifth turnover. In contrast, Owens said the offense stunk, that the team can't win with turnovers like those and then suggested his defender was playing off in single coverage and that he was open but Romo decided to throw elsewhere on the fatal play.

On the sideline, Owens was seen yelling at a Cowboys assistant coach. In his press conference after the game, Owens implied that Romo's decision to throw to Witten was the wrong one, saying, "It's his job to go out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision.''

That incensed some Cowboys, one of whom said, "If you only knew all that guy does. It's gonna go down with him before it's all over with. He is unbelievable. Tough loss and he does that?''

Until then, Cowboys insiders considered Owens' most damaging behavior the interview he did with former Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders on the NFL Network in which he suggested Dallas' offensive system under Garrett was responsible for his worst statistical season since his rookie year with the 49ers. Owens also hinted that Romo and the other Dallas quarterbacks who played when the starter was injured were not making getting him the ball a high enough priority. "I can't throw it and catch it,'' Owens said.

At least one prominent Cowboys player was displeased that the coaching staff responded to the criticism by seemingly placating Owens in that Sunday's game against San Francisco, allowing him enough opportunities that he posted his best statistical line as a Cowboy: seven catches for 213 yards, including 75-yard TD.

"Well, TO got his way,'' the player said. "It never fails how we operate around here. Drives me crazy, but what can you do?''

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips justified Owens' argument by agreeing that getting him the ball needed to be the first offensive priority, and then owner Jerry Jones further empowered him by claiming he had no issue with anything Owens said in the interview.

Said another source: "What do you think he said after he complained about not getting the ball and then in the San Francisco game he gets 213? He said, "Look. It works. The more hell I raise, the more I get what I want.''

Owens in March signed a four-year contract extension worth $34 million, including a $12.9 million signing bonus to bind him to the Cowboys through the 2011 season.

When asked if Romo and Owens were all right together as the team prepares to play the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants on Sunday, James said, "Yeah. It's gotta be. It better be.''

The latest controversy comes toward the end of a season that began with Owens saying in training camp that he shared a relationship with Romo that he never had with other quarterbacks with whom he played. That, Owens said, was because Romo knew he was the star of the Cowboys and was not threatened by Owens' status as were previous quarterbacks.

"I guess sometimes I've just been in situations where the quarterbacks felt like I was bigger than them,'' Owens said in July. "And, you know, that was never the case. I felt like whatever I did complemented the quarterback, whatever he did, vice versa. It's just been a situation where things happen, where things didn't work out.''

Romo seemed equally at peace with Owens. "The thing about it is there's a genuine caring about each other. I actually want the guy to succeed. He works hard, he works his butt off. And he cares about the guys, so it's easy to root for a guy like that.

"It's important for us to be on the same page. It's important for us to care about the other one, just because our success is directly related. ... The thing you notice mostly about him is that he talks about 'team' a lot. He wants to win. He understands that, at this stage of his career, he's done all the things individually he can do. Now, it's just a matter of winning.''

Whether it is like that anymore -- and whether the Cowboys can achieve their own stated goals with the relationship between Owens and Romo and Witten being what it is now -- remains to be determined.

Since Romo became Dallas' starter, he has completed more passes to Witten than to Owens, 201-186, although Owens has significantly more yards and three times as many touchdowns.

"You really want to address it with him and say, "Are you serious? Let's cut the [sh--]. But we're trying to win our way into the playoffs and, if something like that happened, if you backed him into a corner, he'd be pissed off and try to fight you or something,'' the current Cowboys player said. "So what do you do? Let it go? Then you're just like everybody else. If he's got a problem and he's upset, clear the air. He should know that everything we do on offense goes through him."

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. ESPN.com's NFL reporter Matt Mosley contributed to this report.

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 06:24 PM
anyone else hear G$ running down the hallway lmao :D

95mustang
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Lasted longer than many believed. The pattern is consistant.

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
If this is an accurate account of T.O's actions and words---all I can say is---and so it begins--AGAIN, surprise, surprise. Stay tuned Cowboys fans.

JR2004
12-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Ol' Napoleon is doing backflips as we speak!

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 06:28 PM
advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage!:D

eagles_victory
12-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Hell the way Romo threw some of those balls on Sunday this explanation was about as accurate as anything I could think of

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 06:30 PM
advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage!:D

You forgot paranoia. :D

HM33
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
same crap different team

Emerson1
12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
What I heard on ESPN radio in Dallas was that Owens, Williams and Crayton ALL at once had a meeting with Jason Garrett about this.

It's not just TO, it's the entire receiving corp.

Maroon87
12-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I guess T.O. forgot about that 200-yd receiving day he had vs. SF, what...3 weeks ago? Gimme a break...

coach
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
hell they way romo plays sometimes and its obvious the team is a better team when to gets the ball i would do the same

LLM_1331
12-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Send him to the Oakland Raiders, let him spend the rest of his time in the NFL catching 40 ball's a year. Worked for Randy Moss.

coach
12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
i have an idea throw him the ball and we win...i guarantee you if we got him the ball more than 3 times last week we would not be having this convo and the boys would be sitting pretty at 9-4

Keith7
12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What I heard on ESPN radio in Dallas was that Owens, Williams and Crayton ALL at once had a meeting with Jason Garrett about this.

An anonymous Dallas Cowpie was quoted as saying TO has been talking to R.Williams and Sam Hurd about his conspiracy theory that Romo favors Witten.. here is the quote

"He's insecure about it,'' the Cowpie said of Owens. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him -- San Fran, Philly and here; always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. TO talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball."

This reminds me of what he did in Philly.. He had the lockerroom devided, half on TO's side and half on McNabbs..

This should be fun to see how it plays out.. Get your popcorn ready!

eagles_victory
12-11-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
An anonymous Dallas Cowpie was quoted as saying TO has been talking to R.Williams and Sam Hurd about his conspiracy theory that Romo favors Witten.. here is the quote

"He's insecure about it,'' the Cowpie said of Owens. "The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it's always something with him -- San Fran, Philly and here; always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. TO talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball."

This reminds me of what he did in Philly.. He had the lockerroom devided, half on TO's side and half on McNabbs..

This should be fun to see how it plays out.. Get your popcorn ready! Keith always has to use the name calling TU or cowpie i mean i admit it was funny the first 10000 times but its wearing a little thin

Electus Unus
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
TO hasn't answered Ed Werder's questions in months. Everytime Werder tries to ask him a question he'll say "next question."

Necks_Fan
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Took a little longer than I expected, but who didn't know this was coming sooner or later?

And lol @ the above post.

Keith7
12-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Keith always has to use the name calling TU or cowpie i mean i admit it was funny the first 10000 times but its wearing a little thin

I just came up with cowpie and thought it was pretty clever.. I normally say Cowgirls, maybe thats what you were thinking..

Lets not make this thread about me.. lets all remember how stupid the cowpies were for signing this bozo

Trashman
12-11-2008, 10:27 PM
advanced delusionary schizophrenia with involuntary narcissistic rage!:D :clap:

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
anyone else hear G$ running down the hallway lmao :D bahahahahahahahaha

i still love TO :inlove: :D

JR2004
12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
The numbers just shown on Sportscenter don't seem to back up what Owens believes.

Owens
Thrown to: 87
Receptions: 43

Witten
Thrown to: 80
Receptions: 57

2006-2008

Owens
Thrown to: 336
Receptions: 186

Witten
Thrown to: 286
Receptions: 201

g$$
12-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Ol' Napoleon is doing backflips as we speak!

I'm 6'1" & 195 lbs., so no Napoleon complex here, hoss. Might want to understand what that expression means before trying to apply it. I stand by what I say & certainly don't back down from it.

I'm on record (going way back) as saying TO will destroy a team = TEAM CANCER. He has done it everywhere he has been, period. You will never win a championship with that guy. TO & Jerry Jones are 2 peas in a pod. The class & integrity of the Cowboys vanished long ago. TO, Pacman, Tank Johnson, etc....Jerry Jones would sign Bin Laden if he thought it would sell tickets & help win games.

Poor Wade Phillips is dead-man walking. Nothing but JJ's puppet. Have fun Cowboy fans, the time bomb is ticking louder everyday. All that talent & all that drama, you'll be watching the playoffs on tv soon. When was that last playoff win? 11 or 12 years ago, right?

Don't say I did not tell you a LONG time ago what TO would do to "your" team. :)

How many rings does TO have? ZERO sounds right, huh? And it will remain zero too.

g$$
12-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
The numbers just shown on Sportscenter don't seem to back up what Owens believes.

Owens
Thrown to: 87
Receptions: 43

Witten
Thrown to: 80
Receptions: 57

2006-2008

Owens
Thrown to: 336
Receptions: 186

Witten
Thrown to: 286
Receptions: 201

You forgot to mention that TO led the NFL in drops as well (2006 I believe). You don't win championships trying to appease your star receiver. Everything works together in football. TO does not & will not EVER understand this concept. He thinks it's all about him. Never about TEAM, all about HIM.

SF, Philly, Dallas...see a pattern here? And he signed an extension before the season too!

P4S: that is sad if you really mean it. Sorry, sad but true.

g$$
12-12-2008, 02:35 AM

No running, but I did LMAO when I heard about it. And was not surprised in the least either. I mean, it's TO & the Cowboys' soap opera we're talking about here.

Give Jerry Jones a whistle & let him "coach" the guys this week!

Astrosdawg07
12-12-2008, 05:12 AM
TO is a piece of crap. I cant blame Romo for wanting to throw it to a receiver who can catch (Witten).

gobbler grad
12-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by HM33
same crap different team

would have to agree...:thinking:

coach
12-12-2008, 06:32 AM
the thing is...TO is right...if u give him the ball they win its simple..i mean why throw it to a slow moving tightend who gains no yards after catch when you are trailing with 1 min to go?? Give it to the wr who bailed you out earlier in the game.....and ppl say that TO pulled others into this...hell roy was complaing last week that TO was getting the ball and he wasnt....You cant fault a guy that wants the ball....your down by 2 with 5 sec left you dont want someone to say OOO he can get it this time...I want my player to say GIVE ME THE DAMN BALL IM GOING TO SCORE! TO just wants to win.

Now i dont agree how he had the private meeting which the cowboys are stupid for this story being leaked. And a week ago ppl were saying DALLAS has alegitamite shot at making a run bc they were the hottest team in the NFL right now.

Lets let dallas play the rest of the season and see what happens. Dont be surprised if TONy is looking for TO sunday and dont be surprised when TO has a huge game

STANG RED
12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Yea he's spreading his cancer around like usual.

I'm not going to go back and bring back all the old threads where I and many others said it was just a matter of time before this sort of thing reared it's ugly head again, but I know most arent surprised that it has. I'm just surprised it has taken this long.
T.O. is a great individual player, but a terrible team mate. I'll be glad when he's out of the league for good, so we dont have to keep talking about these same old things over and over again.

eagles_victory
12-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea he's spreading his cancer around like usual.

Im sure noone has to spread anything to Roy Williams Im pretty sure he isnt the most happy about the very few opportunities he has gotten in his time with the Cowboys. Im sure this story has more to it that we don't know about T.O. talked with DMN about it I saw some of it on TV last night and said he just wants to win or something along those lines.

Rabbit'93
12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Based on the previous stats (thrown to/receptions)

TO -
08 - 49%
06-07 - 55%

Witten
08 - 71%
06 - 07 - 70%

Who would you have more faith in?

Cowboys need to cut Owens loose after this year or JJ needs to put his foot down. No one has ever stood up to this dude and nipped things in the bud. That's why two teams have been destroyed....it was allowed to fester and create discention.

Crayton just needs to shut up. He's nothing more than a glorified kick returner who's lucky to be playing. He's about one season away from being in the arena league anyway.

Rocket
12-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Where is P4S? Not defending her golden boy?

"That's not fayer". - TO after the Media blamed the Playoff loss on Romo. Wow- what a difference a year makes.

pirate4state
12-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Where is P4S? Not defending her golden boy?

"That's not fayer". - TO after the Media blamed the Playoff loss on Romo. Wow- what a difference a year makes.

I posted that I still love him. What do I care what he says? His actions don't effect or offend me like they do some of you! And WHY do I need to defend him?! Nothing I say will ever change how some of you see him, so why bother? LMAO

What is amusing is that g$$ has been absent for MONTHS and as soon as he hears about this, like DDBooger posted, he was back here spouting off. Now THAT is sad, but true.

I don't believe for one second that TO will cause the downfall of the Cowboys. If all the past scandals weren't able to do it, TO certainly won't.

He wants to WIN. Simple.

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
One thing about T.O. you can always count on----if he's not getting the attention he thinks he deserves on the field he will try to create something to make up for it off the field, and he thinks we are all still dumb enough to buy it. Judging from the attention he gets everytime he does something like this---maybe he is right. Parcells had him pegged right when he said he was not going to buy what T.O. was selling and didn't give his antics the time of day. I have remained quiet on T.O. all seson because, up to now, he has been quiet. I hope he gets all of the negative publicity he craves and deserves---he is clinical, and even his inner circle knows that. In my book, I don't care how many TD's and receiving yards T.O. puts up, his baggage outweighs his payload and he is going to find out that being in the twilight of his career will put another shoe on that "I loves me some me" foot if his antics rise to Philly levels at Dallas---no team will want a 3-time loser, middle-aged has-been,locker room pariah troublemaker for more than league minimum if Jerry cuts him loose.

Rabbit'93
12-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

He wants to WIN. Simple. True...Maybe.....

I bet you a soda that if the Cowboys were 0-16 but he had 1500 rec yds and 20 TDs. He'd be just fine.

It's all about him....always has been

Farmersfan
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by LLM_1331
Send him to the Oakland Raiders, let him spend the rest of his time in the NFL catching 40 ball's a year. Worked for Randy Moss.

It's amazing to me how T.O. believes that turning failures into completions to him makes the team better!! Duh! I got a newsflash for T.O.: Getting completions downfield to ANY of our receivers will make the team better.

Farmersfan
12-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by coach
the thing is...TO is right...if u give him the ball they win its simple..i mean why throw it to a slow moving tightend who gains no yards after catch when you are trailing with 1 min to go?? Give it to the wr who bailed you out earlier in the game.....and ppl say that TO pulled others into this...hell roy was complaing last week that TO was getting the ball and he wasnt....You cant fault a guy that wants the ball....your down by 2 with 5 sec left you dont want someone to say OOO he can get it this time...I want my player to say GIVE ME THE DAMN BALL IM GOING TO SCORE! TO just wants to win.

Now i dont agree how he had the private meeting which the cowboys are stupid for this story being leaked. And a week ago ppl were saying DALLAS has alegitamite shot at making a run bc they were the hottest team in the NFL right now.

Lets let dallas play the rest of the season and see what happens. Dont be surprised if TONy is looking for TO sunday and dont be surprised when TO has a huge game

But isn't this kind of like saying after Mario Barber gets tackled for a loss we would be better off giving that carry to Jones/Choice???? The team is better off getting a completion to T.O. down the field than they are a incompletion to Witten or a tackle for no gain? Would the pass to Witten that was intercepted for a TD been better going to T.O.? Yes considering what happened. But would it have been better to go to T.O. if the pass had been a good pass and Witten had caught it? I think Witten should bring up every single pass that goes to T.O. and is dropped or intercepted and cry that the team would have been better off if they had thrown to him..................................

coach
12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
But isn't this kind of like saying after Mario Barber gets tackled for a loss we would be better off giving that carry to Jones/Choice???? The team is better off getting a completion to T.O. down the field than they are a incompletion to Witten or a tackle for no gain? Would the pass to Witten that was intercepted for a TD been better going to T.O.? Yes considering what happened. But would it have been better to go to T.O. if the pass had been a good pass and Witten had caught it? I think Witten should bring up every single pass that goes to T.O. and is dropped or intercepted and cry that the team would have been better off if they had thrown to him..................................

the thing was TO was WIDE OPEN on that play and thats what TO is trying to say....It looks like the team is supporting TO's side

g$$
12-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Get 'em Randy...article on-point below & pulls no punches. He nails it (IMO).

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/randy_galloway//story/1089729.html

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Plain and simple, T.O. is a cancer and will destroy the chemistry of that team the longer he is there. Get rid of the cancer Jerry or suffer the consequences!!!

Bearkat
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm getting real tired of hearing T.O. each and every week. I realize that he is good. Probably one of the best that has ever played the WR position. It's just every week there is something going on and it always has something to do with T.O. The team has to be tired of this crap as well. I wish Coach Phillips would tell him to shut his mouth and play the game. If the ball comes your way then make something happen. If it doesn't, then block your butt off, and make something happen for whoever does have the ball. But, I'm pretty positive that this will not happen.

g$$
12-12-2008, 12:42 PM
What is amusing is that g$$ has been absent for MONTHS and as soon as he hears about this, like DDBooger posted, he was back here spouting off. Now THAT is sad, but true.

Not true. I read stuff on here but just have chosen not to post much. Check the sign-in/sign-offs. Sometimes I don't even log in though. I got tired of the drama & some others, so to speak nicely. I still keep up with 3adl & respond to PMs, etc.

You are the one supporting a ME first, insecure, petulant jerk. His track record speaks for itself. He is a terrible teammate & it will always be about him. You not seeing through that garbage & buying his act - AGAIN - is what is sad.

TO just wants to win? By dividing every team he has ever played on & getting traded or suspended (SF & Philly...Dallas next?)? Is that why teammates are speaking out about him (again)? Is that why the reporter who broke this story was congratulated by Cowboys' personnel for speaking the truth?

I live in the real world. You are living in a dream world if you can't take off the Cowboys' blue-blockers & see him/situation for what it is.

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
. I got tired of the drama & some others, so to speak nicely. I still keep up with 3adl & respond to PMs, etc.

You cant be talking about me I hope

g$$
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
the thing was TO was WIDE OPEN on that play and thats what TO is trying to say....It looks like the team is supporting TO's side

So let's make sure TO is happy & we'll all ride off into the sunset. That is ludicrous. You don't win championships trying to keep 1 player happy. Plus, offenses don't run through receivers, each piece complements the other. You think Michael Irvin is nearly as good without Emmitt Smith & a balanced attack?

And, the only players supporting TO are the few other receivers (Roy W., Crayton, Hurd, etc.) that he recruited. Other teammates are blasting him & his behavior. Read the quotes. They say it all. Wow, it's all there for any rational person to see. Just another day in Cowboys' soap opera land.

Electus Unus
12-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
TO hasn't answered Ed Werder's questions in months. Everytime Werder tries to ask him a question he'll say "next question." Just saying.

g$$
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You cant be talking about me I hope

No.

Changed jobs, moved, family concerns, etc. I read now more than I post, honestly.

But on this TO deal, I had to post. What is your honest take on the whole deal? Have you grown tired of his act & divisive ways yet? Care to say I was right (years ago)?

g$$
12-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Just saying.

Because Werder has exposed him time & time again. Maybe that is why Cowboys' personnel congratulated him yesterday for speaking the truth about TO & the situation.

Just sayin'...

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$

But on this TO deal, I had to post. What is your honest take on the whole deal? Have you grown tired of his act & divisive ways yet? Care to say I was right (years ago)?

Once again

I never said he would not blow up..I said once he became a Cowboy I would give him a clean slate

Your being right..Well if you admit u were wrong up until this point becauise you have said every time anything was said about TO he is about to implode and it has not happen

Will it this time? I dont know

DaHop72
12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
"Snow cone stands have more leadership than the Valley Ranch football team"

Best line of the entire article.

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Just to add

I think this problem goes past just TO and into more of a players not respecting some of the coaches

Terence Newman: Accountability problems start with coaches

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/terence-newman-accountability-problems-s.html

g$$
12-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Once again

I never said he would not blow up..I said once he became a Cowboy I would give him a clean slate

Your being right..Well if you admit u were wrong up until this point becauise you have said every time anything was said about TO he is about to implode and it has not happen

Will it this time? I dont know

He has been straddling the line in Dallas, crying fake crocodile tears, ripping coaches & teammates, doing his act, etc. I always said he was a time bomb. He's great when it's all going well, & terrible when the road gets rocky. That is his MO now & always has been.

Watch what happens. Dallas is toast & I think you know it.

g$$
12-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Just to add

I think this problem goes past just TO and into more of a players not respecting some of the coaches

Terence Newman: Accountability problems start with coaches

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/terence-newman-accountability-problems-s.html

Bigger problem is players know Jerry Jones is the "coach" & that leads to lack of respect for the real coaches. Wade is just a puppet.

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$

no I really dont...I thought the Giants were toast last year after Dallas beat them in NYG and their players were bickering in the paper and on TV and it looked like they were done

It all depends on how the team rallies..We will know in the first 5 mins of the game sun night imo

themsu97
12-12-2008, 03:12 PM
TO is a cancer... next thing you know he will say even worse things about Romo... he did call Garcia gay...

and I will call it... for the 2nd year in a row the Giants end the Cowboys season

JasperDog94
12-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Because Werder has exposed him time & time again. Maybe that is why Cowboys' personnel congratulated him yesterday for speaking the truth about TO & the situation.

Just sayin'... Not that ESPN would ever goad a player into saying something that could be made into a story...cause we know that never happens.:)

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He has been straddling the line in Dallas, crying fake crocodile tears, ripping coaches & teammates, doing his act, etc. I always said he was a time bomb. He's great when it's all going well, & terrible when the road gets rocky. That is his MO now & always has been.

you're free to go back into hiding whenever you wish. :nerd: :devil:

Rocket
12-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I posted that I still love him. What do I care what he says? His actions don't effect or offend me like they do some of you! And WHY do I need to defend him?! Nothing I say will ever change how some of you see him, so why bother? LMAO

I don't believe for one second that TO will cause the downfall of the Cowboys. If all the past scandals weren't able to do it, TO certainly won't.

He wants to WIN. Simple.

He wants to win? LOL Wow. Unconditional love is a beautiful thing. What has he done to prove he wants to win? Apparently HE wants TO to win and be the main reason the Cowboys win. How about all his dropped balls? How about all the INT's Romo throws to force the ball to him. He doesn't cry about that. He points fingers like a 4th grader. Never his fault. Always somebody else. I am not mad at TO. I am mad at the Cowboys for putting up with his crap. Simple.

Keystonepride
12-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Cowboys knew what they were getting when they signed him....

now you get to chew on it

Txbroadcaster
12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
Cowboys knew what they were getting when they signed him....

now you get to chew on it

and what they have got TO THIS POINT is a proven WR who has led the NFC in TDs and been their big play guy

until he truly tears down the team(if he does at all) then to this point he has bene the player people thought he would be

Pick6
12-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I think G$$ is on ESPN's payroll. He's just like them, always wanting to stir the pot but has no real resorces to back it up.

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 05:32 PM
and what they have got TO THIS POINT is a proven WR who has led the NFC in TDs and been their big play guy

until he truly tears down the team(if he does at all) then to this point he has bene the player people thought he would be

And if T.O. proves to be an integral part of a Cowboys team that wins a playoff game and beyond---THEN he may be able to say he was worth it all.

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 05:34 PM
the problem with that unnamed source that ridiculed him a bit is that IT will further divide the locker room based on him wondering why no one confronted him rather than going to the media, others in the lockeroom will start to agree and Locker Room Implosion in a few days. Imagine how uncomfortable the HUDDLE is, much less the locker room! :eek:

pirate4state
12-12-2008, 07:27 PM
lmao why do yall CARE!?!?!?!?!

seriously...wow

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 07:35 PM

seriously...wow
I know Rita, I think some people just wake up and say, "I'm gonna hate me some T.O." :mad:

:D a few guys on espn seem to think it is blown out of proportion a bit. However apparently the Defense is throwing its weight behind T.O. as well. Weird situation in valley ranch.

wimbo_pro
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
T.O. is a punk...through and through. He is not only immature and selfish, he is just a poor example for ANYONE to follow. I predict that he will never win a SuperBowl...he is a poison to all that he touches. There is nothing to be proud of when it comes to T.O.

pirate4state
12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I know Rita, I think some people just wake up and say, "I'm gonna hate me some T.O." :mad:

:D a few guys on espn seem to think it is blown out of proportion a bit. However apparently the Defense is throwing its weight behind T.O. as well. Weird situation in valley ranch.

sad times bro

change that sig :twitch: :D

DDBooger
12-12-2008, 07:43 PM
sad times bro

change that sig :twitch: :D
:( but, but, but...:dispntd:

g$$
12-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
you're free to go back into hiding whenever you wish. :nerd: :devil:

And you are free to take the blinders off & be objective any day now too.

Not hiding...come & go by choice. Thanks for asking.

g$$
12-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
I think G$$ is on ESPN's payroll. He's just like them, always wanting to stir the pot but has no real resorces to back it up.

Quotes from TO's teammates & Cowboys' personnel are not proof? A consistent pattern now with 3 teams of dissension & dividing locker rooms/teams? What do you need...a hand-written note?

Catch a clue. TO is a cancer all about himself & you will NEVER win a championship with him.

g$$
12-13-2008, 01:07 AM

Wow.

And what have they won besides regular season games? Zero playoff games. Dallas got a proven troublemaker who also has led the NFL in drops too.

Keep him in Dallas, please.

g$$
12-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
He wants to win? LOL Wow. Unconditional love is a beautiful thing. What has he done to prove he wants to win? Apparently HE wants TO to win and be the main reason the Cowboys win. How about all his dropped balls? How about all the INT's Romo throws to force the ball to him. He doesn't cry about that. He points fingers like a 4th grader. Never his fault. Always somebody else. I am not mad at TO. I am mad at the Cowboys for putting up with his crap. Simple.

This guy gets it.

:clap: :clap:

g$$
12-13-2008, 01:11 AM

seriously...wow

Conversely, why do you support him? Becasue he plays for "your" team?

Wow. Just a great human being & teammate! Watch the soap opera continue & Dallas unravel even more.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by g$$

Wow. Just a great human being & teammate! Watch the soap opera continue & Dallas unravel even more. You can quote and post in the same post so you dont have to make 5 in a row for future reference.

Maroon87
12-13-2008, 03:50 AM
I never bought into TO as a Cowboy and this is exactly why...secret meetings with Romo and Witten for the sole purpose of freezing him out? You've got to be freaking kidding me. Are you in kindegarten?

This is on Jerry at the beginning, but right now one of the team leaders (Romo, Witten, Barber, Bradie James, Ware, Zach Thomas) needs to take him aside and let him know that this isn't going to fly. And if they are unwilling to do that then their ring size really doesn't matter. Bottom line. Time to put up or shut up. Your fans demand some action.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 06:20 AM
The freezing out thing is somewhat being paranoid but typical 3adownlow style something with T.O. is brought up and everyone on here was at Valley Ranch and knows exactly what happened. The guy called a meeting with his coordinator to address some problems he had and someone else leaked it to the media to me my biggest problem is with all these annoymous players going to the media and talking what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. Ill admit the freezing out thing is kind of far fetched but if any other player on any other team does this its not news but since its T.O. everyone is beleving the media hype.

BulletsX
12-13-2008, 08:23 AM
TO is a cancer that is in remission as long as his ego is being treated.

Keith7
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
The freezing out thing is somewhat being paranoid but typical 3adownlow style something with T.O. is brought up and everyone on here was at Valley Ranch and knows exactly what happened. The guy called a meeting with his coordinator to address some problems he had and someone else leaked it to the media to me my biggest problem is with all these annoymous players going to the media and talking what happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. Ill admit the freezing out thing is kind of far fetched but if any other player on any other team does this its not news but since its T.O. everyone is beleving the media hype.

lol yea its the media picking on TO.. ha give me a break.. TO is innocent lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

coach
12-13-2008, 01:36 PM
lol yea its the media picking on TO.. ha give me a break.. TO is innocent lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

he's guilty of wanting the football...hell at least he can run a correct route unlike whitten

pirate4state
12-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Wow. Just a great human being & teammate! Watch the soap opera continue & Dallas unravel even more.

I just like him. Don't get me wrong. I yell at him all the time when he doesn't catch the ball :D but all this other stuff is just funny to me. Especially all you people that just go on & on about him.

Keith7
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
TO and Witten need to be sepereted during meeting: Click here to read! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol (http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1091714.html)

What an innocent great guy!!!! Dang media probably started this fight!!! You punks! leave TO alone.. he is the second coming of Mother Teresa

wimbo_pro
12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
he's guilty of wanting the football...hell at least he can run a correct route unlike whitten
Whitten is a far better team player and "go to" guy that T.O., only because T.O. is a big baby. Whitten puts his heart and soul into the game and is more concerned with the team than with himself. T.O. should be ashamed and should be kicked off the team.

coach
12-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Whitten is a far better team player and "go to" guy that T.O., only because T.O. is a big baby. Whitten puts his heart and soul into the game and is more concerned with the team than with himself. T.O. should be ashamed and should be kicked off the team.

TO wantz to win...and he thinks along with the entire defense that the best way is to get him the ball...TO makes bigger and better plays and he can run a correct route. we wouldnt be having this convo if romo hits TO who was wide open on that play...just watch this weekend...if tony gets the ball to to dallas will win

wimbo_pro
12-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I hear you...and yes, T.O. is extremely talented when he is on...but the problem is...T.O. is only "on" when T.O. wants to be on. The rest of the time, he is whining and complaining and crying like the immature non-professional he is. He is tearing the team apart, cant you see that? Thats his M.O., he is a destructive disease on any team that is struggling...he is only good when the team is winning, and an anchor when they are in trouble. And almost all teams struggle to get to the championship. Thats why I say he will never win a ring.

By the way, if Whitten had made that catch, there was no guarantee on the Dallas win...that was only a first down, with time running short. Why blame Whitten for that loss?

Keith7
12-13-2008, 02:52 PM
if tony gets the ball to to dallas will win

What makes you think this?? QBs have been trying to get TO the ball the majority of his career and how many championships does he have??

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 03:41 PM
What makes you think this?? QBs have been trying to get TO the ball the majority of his career and how many championships does he have?? Dallas had missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and when he comes to the team they make it two years in a row. If I remember correctly the only Super Bowl he played in he was lights out for your Eagles (with a broke leg I might add). The guy is a huge competitor does he go about it the wrong way sometimes yes he does at times but if you have ever played a sport you know how frustrating it is when your open and dont get the ball.

It is hard to judge a reciever for wins and losses I mean can you really blame T.O. for the loss in Seattle two years ago? Well im sure people on here can but like can anyone do it with legit reasoning.

wimbo_pro
12-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Terrell Owens = perinnial loser...until he changes his mind set.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-13-2008, 06:37 PM
dont care who catches the balls more, Just WIN as all that counts and you'll be remember by if your team just wins. TO feels he's the goto guy they win and Romo feels if a play is needed hes going to look for Witten as he feels they're more on the same page. whatever works i dont care who he throws the ball to!

Keith7
12-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Dallas had missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and when he comes to the team they make it two years in a row. If I remember correctly the only Super Bowl he played in he was lights out for your Eagles (with a broke leg I might add). The guy is a huge competitor does he go about it the wrong way sometimes yes he does at times but if you have ever played a sport you know how frustrating it is when your open and dont get the ball.

It is hard to judge a reciever for wins and losses I mean can you really blame T.O. for the loss in Seattle two years ago? Well im sure people on here can but like can anyone do it with legit reasoning.

I think Dallas making the playoffs has more to do with having a decent QB then having TO on the team..

And when the Eagles made the Super Bowl they played the entire playoffs with out him, but we get him back for the super bowl and we lose.. do the math.. TO is a loser and has put up numbers for years but has nothing to show for it..

He is consistintly one of the top thrown to receivers in the league but he still wines.. why would you defend such a big loser low life team killing no championship locker room cancer like him??

I know you are drinking the cowboy blue kool aid.. I was once like you and though the media was out to get TO and he was just mis understood but then I saw what he did to the eagles and I now know how bad TO is..

If the cowpies were smart they would get ride of TO after this season.. he has lost a step anyways.. just let him go..

Maroon87
12-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey T.O...here's a helpful hint: if your trying to solve a tough problem, always start by looking at the common denominator.

In the case of this problem, the common denominator is you.

Take a nice long look in that mirror, hoss...and then go out and pop some crunches in the driveway for the assembled media.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I think Dallas making the playoffs has more to do with having a decent QB then having TO on the team..

And when the Eagles made the Super Bowl they played the entire playoffs with out him, but we get him back for the super bowl and we lose.. do the math.. TO is a loser and has put up numbers for years but has nothing to show for it..

He is consistintly one of the top thrown to receivers in the league but he still wines.. why would you defend such a big loser low life team killing no championship locker room cancer like him??

I know you are drinking the cowboy blue kool aid.. I was once like you and though the media was out to get TO and he was just mis understood but then I saw what he did to the eagles and I now know how bad TO is..

If the cowpies were smart they would get ride of TO after this season.. he has lost a step anyways.. just let him go.. He played a hell of a game in that Super Bowl that loss had nothing to do with him.

Maroon87
12-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated
ESPN.com news services

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.

"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

eagles_victory
12-13-2008, 07:50 PM
If that report is true and Terrell initiated it then he is defintely out of line.

Maroon87
12-13-2008, 07:56 PM
If that report is true and Terrell initiated it then he is defintely out of line.

Sounds like Witten was reaching out and TO went...well... TO. Your move, Jerry.

g$$
12-13-2008, 08:03 PM

And guess what? TO's past transgressions have brought all of this on himself. For someone without his track record, it's not as big of a deal. With him, it is what it is. He has baggage & with baggage comes all the other stuff too. That's a cop-out to put it on 3adl & the like. None of us has been at Valley Ranch or anywhere else. The info. is out there & I sure don't see the substance of it being refuted.

I agree with you about how stuff should stay in the locker room. Times have changed in the internet & information age. Harder to keep stuff a secret anymore. Ask old schooler Mike Singletary (dropped pants for effect, etc.).

Now throw in the exchange with Witten on Friday where they had to be separated? I would say it's pretty clear-cut. Witten has never been known as a bad guy. In fact, just the opposite. I wish Jason had cleaned his clock & put TO in his place for once. God knows he needs it. Jerry Jones sure won't do it.

Maroon87
12-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And guess what? TO's past transgressions have brought all of this on himself. For someone without his track record, it's not as big of a deal. With him, it is what it is. He has baggage & with baggage comes all the other stuff too. That's a cop-out to put it on 3adl & the like. None of us has been at Valley Ranch or anywhere else. The info. is out there & I sure don't see the substance being refuted.

I agree with you about how stuff should stay in the locker room. Times have changed in the internet & information age. Harder to keep stuff a secret anymore. Ask old schooler Mike Singletary (dropped pants for effect, etc.).

Now throw in the exchange with Witten on Friday where they had to be separated? I would say it's pretty clear-cut. Witten has never been known as a bad guy. In fact, just the opposite. I wish Jason had cleaned his clock & put TO in his place for once. God knows he needs it. Jerry Jones sure won't do it.

I agree 100%.

g$$
12-13-2008, 08:05 PM
You can quote and post in the same post so you dont have to make 5 in a row for future reference.

I know, but need to learn how to do it. Sorry for the annoyance, but I was reading/responding as I went along.

scrub c
12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I wish Jason had cleaned his clock & put TO in his place for once.

for once, I finally agree with something you said...

g$$
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
TO wantz to win...and he thinks along with the entire defense that the best way is to get him the ball...TO makes bigger and better plays and he can run a correct route. we wouldnt be having this convo if romo hits TO who was wide open on that play...just watch this weekend...if tony gets the ball to to dallas will win

Give me a break. Like when TO quit on the out route last week & Romo threw to a spot? TO is not a great route-runner like Irvin was or others. He is a great athlete who can make plays.

g$$
12-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
for once, I finally agree with something you said...

I don't need WC people agreeing with me! Esp. when I know who you are...just messing with you. And, you have agreed before for the record if memory serves. ;)

Keith7
12-13-2008, 08:50 PM
He played a hell of a game in that Super Bowl that loss had nothing to do with him.

Eagles in the playoffs that year

With TO: 2-0
Without TO: 0-1 (super bowl)

Do the math.. Getting the ball to TO will not guarantee you a super bowl like he believes..

SintonFan_inAustin
12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Eagles in the playoffs that year

With TO: 2-0
Without TO: 0-1 (super bowl)

Do the math.. Getting the ball to TO will not guarantee you a super bowl like he believes.. lol, so if he didnt play they would had won :doh:

loyalleopard
12-14-2008, 02:04 AM
PACK HIS GEAR AND SHIP HIM OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE. DALLAS FANS ARE FED UP WITH THIS EGOMANIAC

eagles_victory
12-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Give me a break. Like when TO quit on the out route last week & Romo threw to a spot? TO is not a great route-runner like Irvin was or others. He is a great athlete who can make plays. Its a zone defense and TO sat down in a the empty spot like your suppose to do vs zone and Romo threw the ball right in the teeth of the zone. If you blame that play on Owens you will blame anything on him.

Originally posted by loyalleopard
PACK HIS GEAR AND SHIP HIM OFF SOMEWHERE ELSE. DALLAS FANS ARE FED UP WITH THIS EGOMANIAC speak for yourself.

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Its a zone defense and TO sat down in a the empty spot like your suppose to do vs zone and Romo threw the ball right in the teeth of the zone. If you blame that play on Owens you will blame anything on him.

speak for yourself. I guess you just crapped on G's post.

Lol.

eagles_victory
12-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I guess you just crapped on G's post.

Lol. I mean did you see the play and the pass that was thrown. I heard Jesus turned to Tom Landry up in heaven and said I couldnt of even caught that pass.

Necks_Fan
12-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I mean did you see the play and the pass that was thrown. I heard Jesus turned to Tom Landry up in heaven and said I couldnt of even caught that pass. LMAO!

No, I didn't see the play in question...... but you really did invalidate everything he just posted.

Quite funny.

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Its a zone defense and TO sat down in a the empty spot like your suppose to do vs zone and Romo threw the ball right in the teeth of the zone. If you blame that play on Owens you will blame anything on him.

speak for yourself.

I saw the game too, & I sure know what a zone defense is & what a receiver is supposed to do. Obviously he & Romo were not on the same page. It was an out route. Aikman (& other very knowledgeable analysts) sure agreed with me on it. Does he know anything? It was not a crossing or option route where reads/adjustments are involved. TO quit on the route. I stand by what I said.

Don't try to call me out where you are talking out of your backside. Take off the blinders.

Gobbla2001
12-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I think Owens just took a crap... wait for the headlines...

g$$
12-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
LMAO!

No, I didn't see the play in question...... but you really did invalidate everything he just posted.

Quite funny.

You are talking about what I said & you did not even see the play?

Par for the course. Nothing was invalidated. Safety was over the top & there was a hole in the Cover 2 between the corner & safety. TO quit on the route.

eagles_victory
12-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I saw the game too, & I sure know what a zone defense is & what a receiver is supposed to do. Obviously he & Romo were not on the same page. It was an out route. Aikman (& other very knowledgeable analysts) sure agreed with me on it. Does he know anything? It was not a crossing or option route where reads/adjustments are involved. TO quit on the route. I stand by what I said.

Don't try to call me out where you are talking out of your backside. Take off the blinders. Typical G$$ has to post something on the board and PM you just to make sure you know he thinks he is right. Im talking out my ass but I said it was zone and you said it was zone. There have defintly been situations where I have seen recievers sit down in the middle on that route before maybe he did quit on the route but its not completly impossible for a reciever to sit down in zone on that route it has been done before.

Your telling me to take the blinders off im the one who admits T.O. does good things and makes mistakes you never admit when he does something good so who is wearing the blinders now.

JasperDog94
12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Your telling me to take the blinders off im the one who admits T.O. does good things and makes mistakes you never admit when he does something good so who is wearing the blinders now. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

g$$
12-19-2008, 01:58 PM
maybe he did quit on the route

Your telling me to take the blinders off im the one who admits T.O. does good things and makes mistakes you never admit when he does something good so who is wearing the blinders now.

You are making progress.

I have said many times that TO is a great player & athlete when focused. He also destroys teams. Take the good with the bad I guess. He is not the player he was 5-6 years ago though. Struggles against big corners who can jam him in press coverage. If he gets off the line clean, like vs. SF, then he will kill you. The Ravens will be physical with him Sat. night, so we'll see.

Txbroadcaster
12-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You are making progress.

simply wow

You only make progress if you agree with G$$ and thus he can only be right in all things sports, and character

:D

If I dont talk to you before G, have a safe and happy holidays

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't even understand why anything this idiot does is "news" anymore....did anyone have ANY doubt this would eventually happen? I didn't. It's only gonna get worse from here on out too as his skills deteriorate with age. The end to this clown's career...when it comes...will not be graceful or pleasant to witness.....quote me on that.

g$$
12-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I don't even understand why anything this idiot does is "news" anymore....did anyone have ANY doubt this would eventually happen? I didn't. It's only gonna get worse from here on out too as his skills deteriorate with age. The end to this clown's career...when it comes...will not be graceful or pleasant to witness.....quote me on that.

Agreed.

Same to all of you: Merry Christmas & have a safe Holiday Season.

Ranger Mom
12-19-2008, 02:13 PM
WOW!! I hadn't read this thread up to now.

I think some of y'all posting on here are gonna implode before TO does!!

Y'all are funny people!!:D

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! I hadn't read this thread up to now.

I think some of y'all posting on here are gonna implode before TO does!!

Y'all are funny people!!:D no imploding here....but seriously....is anyone really surprised by this? Did anyone really think ANOTHER change of scenery would really cause this guy to all of the sudden change who he's been for the past 30 some odd years? Come on....great athlete, freak of nature mix of skill and ability....but....has trouble w/ his people skills....always has....always will...Dallas Cowboy or not, and quite frankly...I'm tired of hearing about the moron as if it's some sort of shocking revelation that he's not getting along w/ teammates and causing distractions in a locker room. :doh:

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
no imploding here....but seriously....is anyone really surprised by this? Did anyone really think ANOTHER change of scenery would really cause this guy to all of the sudden change who he's been for the past 30 some odd years? Come on....great athlete, freak of nature mix of skill and ability....but....has trouble w/ his people skills....always has....always will...Dallas Cowboy or not, and quite frankly...I'm tired of hearing about the moron as if it's some sort of shocking revelation that he's not getting along w/ teammates and causing distractions in a locker room. :doh: then stop opening threads that have his name

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 03:54 PM
then stop opening threads that have his name I'll do as I please, and weigh in w/ my opinion as I will....as is what people do on web forums...just because you don't like my opinion and/or don't agree with it is not just cause for you to get bent out of shape. You weigh in on everything you see fit to and then some....I will do the same.

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I'll do as I please, and weigh in w/ my opinion as I will....as is what people do on web forums...just because you don't like my opinion and/or don't agree with it is not just cause for you to get bent out of shape. You weigh in on everything you see fit to and then some....I will do the same. hey man you're the one that said you were tired of it all...knock yourself out...i was just trying to help you out

eagles_victory
12-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed.

Same to all of you: Merry Christmas & have a safe Holiday Season. Same to you have a good one

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:10 PM
hey man you're the one that said you were tired of it all...knock yourself out...i was just trying to help you out maybe you misunderstood my overall aim with that post......I'm tired of the media making a big deal out of it, and it being all I hear on sports radio, see on ESPN/Sports Center, etc. etc. And there are some people out there that treat it like it's news. It's old hat and par for the course when talking about Owens. He's a creature of habit, and no matter where he ends up...this will be the norm. The "oh he's changed" crowd make me laugh out loud and shake my head....because they are disillusioned at best. But alas....there are some out there that will champion his cause and dismiss his charades as long as he's on their team I guess.

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:12 PM
maybe you misunderstood my overall aim with that post......I'm tired of the media making a big deal out of it, and it being all I hear on sports radio, see on ESPN/Sports Center, etc. etc. And there are some people out there that treat it like it's news. It's old hat and par for the course when talking about Owens. He's a creature of habit, and no matter where he ends up...this will be the norm. The "oh he's changed" crowd make me laugh out loud and shake my head....because they are disillusioned at best. But alas....there are some out there that will champion his cause and dismiss his charades as long as he's on their team I guess.

:clap: :clap:

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 04:15 PM
maybe you misunderstood my overall aim with that post......I'm tired of the media making a big deal out of it, and it being all I hear on sports radio, see on ESPN/Sports Center, etc. etc. And there are some people out there that treat it like it's news. It's old hat and par for the course when talking about Owens. He's a creature of habit, and no matter where he ends up...this will be the norm. The "oh he's changed" crowd make me laugh out loud and shake my head....because they are disillusioned at best. But alas....there are some out there that will champion his cause and dismiss his charades as long as he's on their team I guess. no, i understood. i get that you're tired of the media, so am i and i'm a fan of his, but why subject yourself to further TO "news" or discussions here? just doesn't make any sense.

i just like the way he looks in his under armor :inlove: and the way you laugh out loud at the folks that say he's changed is the same way i laugh at ALL OF IT! :D

i don't know that i have ever said he has changed, because i really don't care.

i know, i'm sad :( poor naive me

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:22 PM

i know, i'm sad :( poor naive me

You said it. :)

Like Parcells said: consider yourself sucked!

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You said it. :)

Like Parcells said: consider yourself sucked!

No, you said it - I was just throwing it back out there to spare you the trouble. :)

:wave:

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:32 PM
No, you said it - I was just throwing it back out there to spare you the trouble. :)

:wave:

I knew your intention. I actually laughed when I read it.

I thought you had better tastes in men!

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I knew your intention. I actually laughed when I read it.

I thought you had better tastes in men!

***girly alert***

Have you seen his muscles?? Say what you want about his big mouth & me attitude, but he has a fantastic body & a great smile! HAHA, plus his earrings are really nice. :)

IHStangFan
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
***girly alert***

Have you seen his muscles?? Say what you want about his big mouth & me attitude, but he has a fantastic body & a great smile! HAHA, plus his earrings are really nice. :) So does Jessica Simpson...but she's an idiot!! LOL. :D

g$$
12-19-2008, 04:40 PM
***girly alert***

Have you seen his muscles?? Say what you want about his big mouth & me attitude, but he has a fantastic body & a great smile! HAHA, plus his earrings are really nice. :)

He's yoked up no doubt, but you get the whole package, so to speak!

pirate4state
12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
So does Jessica Simpson...but she's an idiot!! LOL. :D TO is not an idiot. He's got all of you haters talking about him. :D That's all he's after, just like so many of yall. That's what really cracks me up!

:1popcorn: :taunt: :stirpot:

Bullaholic
12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
TO is not an idiot. He's got all of you haters talking about him. :D That's all he's after, just like so many of yall. That's what really cracks me up!

:1popcorn: :taunt: :stirpot:

I agree, P4S---TO is crazy like a fox. However, when his fun and games at our expense don't go his way he gets all teary-eyed and vindictive. I think that is the part that a lot of people find offensive---just like on our board, don't dish it out and make a lot of noise if you can't handle it when somebody gets the best of you.