DL #52 Zach Paschall
DL #55 Jose Tovar
DL #72 Rusty Tedder
G #73 R.J. Saturnio
DE #81 Jared Hudson

Congrats To My BULLS!

ronwx5x
12-11-2008, 02:21 PM
If my poor math skills are correct, 9 of the 11 offensive players plus the kicker made the first or second team. Wow.

Defense must have been a real problem since only 8 of 11 made the first or second team. Again, wow.

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Congrats to all these coaches and players---you all did a fantastic job this season.

20loboes10
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Does anyone else think that this Bridgeport team was alittle overrated?

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10

You expecting many "yes" answers on a thread devoted to Bulls all-district players?

20loboes10
12-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You expecting many "yes" answers on a thread devoted to Bulls all-district players?

Not really but I just wanted to know if there was any honest Bull fans out there.

bobcat1
12-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Congrats to all the deserving young men and the supporting casts that helped them attain these awards. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Not really but I just wanted to know if there was any honest Bull fans out there.

How could anyone say that a team which was picked 2nd in their district at the beginning of the season and went 12-1 thru the Quarters was overrated? I don't think there were too many people, even outside of the fanbase, who did not think this year's Bulls team had the potential for a shot at the title. Unfortunately, we lost to a very good 2-time state champion LH team short of achieving that expectation.

Budman007
12-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Can you say I look like an I-D-I-O-T???

BreckTxLonghorn
12-11-2008, 07:15 PM

No. They were for real. They just met another 'for real' team in the playoffs. That's the beauty of having the teams play.

ronwx5x
12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Budman007
Can you say I look like an I-D-I-O-T???

I was on this board for at least a year before someone referred to me as an idiot! Maybe I'm just slow.:D

Bulls had a great year, and deserve congratulations from everyone.

Budman007
12-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How could anyone say that a team which was picked 2nd in their district at the beginning of the season and went 12-1 thru the Quarters was overrated? I don't think there were too many people, even outside of the fanbase, who did not think this year's Bulls team had the potential for a shot at the title. Unfortunately, we lost to a very good 2-time state champion LH team short of achieving that expectation.

Dave Campbell actually had the Bulls picked to finish 3rd in pre-season. They finished 12-1 and regional finalists, and some chump in Monahans thinks they're overrated. All I can say is the 31-28 victory over the Loboes is as sweet as ever!

VWG
12-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Can someone please post the entire 5-3A district selections?

Super_R
12-11-2008, 08:17 PM

is this wtfootball?

I bet his mother doesn't even like him.

Super_R
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
That was a salty group of Bulls that Bridgeport put together this year. Congrats to the all-district. And congrats on a great season.

OldNavy
12-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
No. They were for real. They just met another 'for real' team in the playoffs. That's the beauty of having the teams play.

I just wonder how their season might have ended with a 100% healthy District MVP #10 QB Cameron Green and Unanimous Choice Offensive MVP #5 RB Corbin Green.

OldBison75
12-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Congratulations to the young men selected to these honor teams. Each and every one has made a contribution to the best team record in the History of Bridgeport Football. They have proven their worth and skill on the field of play.

The Bridgeport Bulls were as good as the rating system that moved them up each week was. If you will notice that there were alot of overrated team in the top ten if you only look at the remaining teams playing now. Bridgeport made a beautiful run for the top spot and had the misfortune of meeting a team that was playing very well. Also, the Bulls were playing with some injuries that happened to strike at the wrong time of year. It might have had an impact on the game, but we will never know how much.

Congratulations to the Bridgeport Bulls football coaches, players, and fans on a wonderful year and I fully expect them to be playing well into the playoffs next year. The foundations is strong and the kids have tasted the fruits of playoff victory and will want more of that next year.

20loboes10
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
May I ask what happened in the 2nd half 4 Bridgeport against Liberty Hill? Was the quarterback injured?

BullsFan
12-11-2008, 10:18 PM
The quarterback had an ankle injury in the previous game, and the starting RB had a hamstring injury in the same game. Between the two of them, they were the HUGE bulk of our running game. Realizing we were limited to passing, the LH defense made some good adjustments at halftime and took that down as well. We were fairly well shut down offensively in the second half.

But CONGRATS to these young men and their coaching staff and all the other players and staff who made it all happen for us this year! I'm proud to see us so well-represented on the All District team. :)

wtfootball
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
is this wtfootball?

I bet his mother doesn't even like him.

It isn't me and I checked, mama still loves me.

Come on
12-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Way to go Bulls what a Great season and best of luck in the Future.

Blue 200

LH Panther Mom
12-12-2008, 07:16 AM
Congratulations to all these young men! :clap:

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the props from you LH folks---you are a class bunch and we wish you well against Celina on Saturday. Thanks to the Celina folks also, you are equally appreciated, and we wish your team good luck on Saturday, also.

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Super Job BULLS!!!

Congrats on a fantastic Season!!! It was an incredible ride this year... and it was a delight to watch the performance turned in by these guys.

When your first loss is the one that puts you out of the playoffs... its a great year... moreso if that first loss was for a regional championship.

Thanks again young men, for a great season to watch as fans.

slpybear the bullfan
12-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Do any Bullfans have any end of season stats they can post?