PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps Streetview

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
This is still one of the coolest things to look at on your computer. They have driven and mapped nearly all the streets in the U.S. and have streetviews available for most addresses--even many small towns. Just go to:

http://maps.google.com

Type in any address( street add city, state) and then click search maps. Move your mouse pointer to the little yellow man symbol on the upper left, hold down the left mouse button and drag and place dotted green circle below yellowman over the orange teardrop marking the map location and let go and--voila--you are looking at that house, building, etc. in street view. You can pan with the mouse in the street view to turn 360deg. and actually drive down the street by clicking on the white street marker arrows on the pavement.

poisoned10
12-11-2008, 04:05 PM
That is really neat. Apparently I was at home when they drove by my house because my car is there.

The store that I work at is on a corner, and from one street the parking lot is full, and from the other the parking lot is empty.

Ranger Mom
12-11-2008, 04:14 PM
It is cool, I just wish they would update.

The pic of my house is the same one they have had on here for the past 4 or 5 years!!

I can tell by the lack of remodeling it's showing!!

Bullaholic
12-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Apparently from some of the complaints that Google has received, some folks are not happy about their cars being seen in certain driveways. :D

waterboy
12-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Dang! That's pretty cool! The only thing is my truck was parked at my house, and at work! Now if they'll tell me how I can clone myself so I can get some time off that'll be the icing on the cake.:D

Emerson1
12-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It is cool, I just wish they would update.

The pic of my house is the same one they have had on here for the past 4 or 5 years!!

I can tell by the lack of remodeling it's showing!!
The Satallite views for google earth suck, they are about 8 years old.

Use mapquest, only about 3 years old. It's weird though, zoomed out mapquest is old like google, but once you get to the "city" view level everything updates to almost present day.

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I've lived at my house for a year, and it still doesn't even show up on Google maps. It was a new house, but the street has been there for probably three years now, and it's still not on there. I wonder if there's a way to contact google to tell them that they don't have my street listed as being in existence.

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've lived at my house for a year, and it still doesn't even show up on Google maps. It was a new house, but the street has been there for probably three years now, and it's still not on there. I wonder if there's a way to contact google to tell them that they don't have my street listed as being in existence.

I know that some gated neighborhoods, and some upper-income areas are exempted by Google for obvious reasons.

Pick6
12-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The Satallite views for google earth suck, they are about 8 years old.

My house is less than 6 years old. I've had my motorcycle less than 4 years. We put in our rock garden last summer. Seems like it's pretty updated in our area.

Emerson1
12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't think they are going to spend all that money again just to re-photograph your house.

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't think they are going to spend all that money again just to re-photograph your house.

Emerson---you have got to get a new pic for your sig---those black beans are just killin' me. :D Remember the sig wars?

Emerson1
12-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Emerson---you have got to get a new pic for your sig---those black beans are just killin' me. :D Remember the sig wars?
Black beans :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Those are super bowl nachos buddy

Bullaholic
12-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Black beans :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Those are super bowl nachos buddy

If those are not black beans---what are they?

Lion_Addict
12-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Mine is showing it right now in real time.....too kewl.

Emerson1
12-12-2008, 05:05 PM
If those are not black beans---what are they?
Clumps of meat I guess, it's chili

44INAROW
12-12-2008, 08:28 PM
pretty neat - the street numbers are off a little bit but the subdivision is right - considering one street is STREET and the next is CIRCLE and have the same numbers, I can understand the confusion.. These must have been taken recently - I can see the Austin Stone on the lot across the street from my house and that house was completed in October 2008. Hubby's truck is in the driveway :p

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-13-2008, 01:20 AM
This is too 1984 for me, big brother is watching.

Emerson1
12-13-2008, 03:02 AM
On the drive by of my house there is someone at the front door

rockdale80
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
This is still one of the coolest things to look at on your computer. They have driven and mapped nearly all the streets in the U.S. and have streetviews available for most addresses--even many small towns. Just go to:

http://maps.google.com

Type in any address( street add city, state) and then click search maps. Move your mouse pointer to the little yellow man symbol on the upper left, hold down the left mouse button and drag and place dotted green circle below yellowman over the orange teardrop marking the map location and let go and--voila--you are looking at that house, building, etc. in street view. You can pan with the mouse in the street view to turn 360deg. and actually drive down the street by clicking on the white street marker arrows on the pavement.

I downloaded google maps to my blackberry and it has this feature. It is a pretty neat tool.

WylieBulldog92
12-14-2008, 07:47 PM
My old house looks like a crack addict lived there :(