PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Snyder's Lance Day

tigerchick_2013
12-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Asking the 3adownlow family to please pray for Snyder's Lance Day and his family. He was injured in an assault early Saturday morning in Lubbock and has some brain damage. If we can get as many people praying for him and pass it on to your e-mail buddies too that would be appreciated, miracles happen everyday and that's what we are looking for.

Lance was a standout athlete all four years of high school and was the Tigers QB and one of the ace pitcher's at State.

He is an awesome young man.

Thanks guys & gals, prayer is a powerful thing!

OldBison75
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Prayers are being sent from the Navasota Rattler family and mine. I hope this young man makes a complete and speedy recovery. Special prayers go out to his family a friends as they cope with the sorrow and fear of this situation.

May God Bless this young man and all who know him.

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 10:25 AM
:( This is terrible news.

Prayers for a complete & speedy recovery.

BEAST
12-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Prayers from me and my family here and Brownwood.

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Man, that is awful. Prayers can do amazing things. May the LORD bless he and his family at this difficult time.

Ranger Mom
12-11-2008, 10:34 AM
OMG!! Prayers going out now!!

K-MAC Chuck
12-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! Prayers going out now!!

Absolutely!

Please keep us updated on Lance's condition.

Old Green
12-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Terrible news to hear. Our prayers go out to Lance and the Day family.

ccmom
12-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Praying for him and his family now.

Super_R
12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
He was a hell of a competitor. If his injuries can be recovered from he will do it.

Prayers from me as well.

SWMustang
12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
is there a link to the story?

TinyTim
12-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Brent Bollinger and Lance were both beat up pretty bad.

My son was sent a text last Saturday confirming this as he is being recruited to play baseball at Midland College where Brent and Lance play.

I spoke with Brent's dad and he told me that Brent was doing okay but that Lance was still having some problems. His prayers are needed.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Lance is a very talented young man with a tremendous future ahead of him. My thoughts are with him and I pray for a speedy and full recovery.

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Brent Bollinger and Lance were both beat up pretty bad.

My son was sent a text last Saturday confirming this as he is being recruited to play baseball at Midland College where Brent and Lance play.

I spoke with Brent's dad and he told me that Brent was doing okay but that Lance was still having some problems. His prayers are needed.

Is Brent the head baseball coach's son? :( This is just really sad news.

Ranger Mom
12-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Is Brent the head baseball coach's son? :( This is just really sad news.

Yes...it is!!

I was looking at the Lubbock paper to see if there was anything in it about it....and didn't find anything, but ran across an article about an 18 year old boy from Seminole being killed in a wreck Tuesday.

The name sounded familiar so I did some research, sure enough, he played for the Seminole Indians in previous years...I remembered his name from playing them last season.

Sad news all the way around!!!

bobcat1
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Prayers sent for both families.:(

tigerchick_2013
12-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes...it is!!

I was looking at the Lubbock paper to see if there was anything in it about it....and didn't find anything, but ran across an article about an 18 year old boy from Seminole being killed in a wreck Tuesday.

The name sounded familiar so I did some research, sure enough, he played for the Seminole Indians in previous years...I remembered his name from playing them last season.

Sad news all the way around!!!

Do you have the name of the Seminole kid? Also I heard the pitcher from Lubbock Cooper, don't have his name was in a roll-over last weekend but couldn't find any info or updates on him. Was told he was the one who pitched against us in semis.

Snyder sends prayers for Seminole family, friends and community and to Lubbock Cooper player for speedy recovery.

Sad time for a lot of families, let's continue to pray.

BMOC
12-11-2008, 01:43 PM
We will definitely send prayers from our family to theirs. Both these kids were outstanding young athletes as well as great young men.

slingshot
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Heartfelt prayers go out to Lance and his family... from your Wylie friends. Tradjedies like these remind us that we must put aside our petty differences and rivalries to come to the aid and comfort of each other.

Ranger Mom
12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by tigerchick_2013
Do you have the name of the Seminole kid? Also I heard the pitcher from Lubbock Cooper, don't have his name was in a roll-over last weekend but couldn't find any info or updates on him. Was told he was the one who pitched against us in semis.

Snyder sends prayers for Seminole family, friends and community and to Lubbock Cooper player for speedy recovery.

Sad time for a lot of families, let's continue to pray.

Bradley Gressett, he graduated in May and was attending Tech.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Prayers from San Angelo

justlikesports
12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Prayers from Monahans.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Prayers from me.

zebrablue2
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Prayers said and sent....

trojan37
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Prayers sent from Trojanland.

garciap77
12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/praying20smiley1.gif From Wylie!

ProudHornetMom
12-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm in prayer as well. I'm sorry...

WTF-82
12-12-2008, 12:28 AM
WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR HIM GOD BLESS. THE POWER OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST WILL HELP HIM.

Torb
12-12-2008, 08:04 AM
Prayers from Lamesa

16 4ever
12-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Prayers from Odessa

lakers
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Bradley Gressett, he graduated in May and was attending Tech.
Geez, this year there has been so many students that have died , just a week and a half ago 3 students were killed in a wreck in lubbock and about a month and a half ago a student was run over, and even more cases before then...

Prayers sent from Lubbock

RPF2666
12-12-2008, 03:29 PM
More prayers from Celina....

firstcat
12-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Praying and believing He will answer and bring healing and comfort. Love from Liberty Hill!

trojan37
12-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Geez, this year there has been so many students that have died , just a week and a half ago 3 students were killed in a wreck in lubbock and about a month and a half ago a student was run over, and even more cases before then...

Prayers sent from Lubbock

The night of the West-LH playoff game, a senior girl from West was killed in a wreck after she returned home from the game, and 2 other students were injured in the wreck. It has been a sad year.

trojan37
12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
It appears that Lance is seriously injured, and he and his family need everyone's prayers right now. This isn't the place to be talking about what happened, the he said, she said stuff. Take it to the pm's please.;)

WylieBulldog92
12-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
It appears that Lance is seriously injured, and he and his family need everyone's prayers right now. This isn't the place to be talking about what happened, the he said, she said stuff. Take it to the pm's please.;)
Like I said :)

N4SIR
12-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Thoughts and prayers being sent from Gilmer.

Go_Wylie2000
12-13-2008, 12:22 PM
My parents talked to his ex girlfriends mother and they got him up yesterday for a shower...he may get to go home by January and be recovered by March.

He will more than likey have to learn everything all over again, and a lot of therapy because of the short term memory being affected.

Daddy D 11
12-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Are we seriously arguing over who is right and who is wrong?:thinking:

Good God!:mad:

A fine young man is in the hospital fighting for his life and you two are on here arguing about who's got the better "scoop"? That is crazy. You are both jokes.

More prayers sent out from LH!

bigdaddy
12-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Celina.

It's tough to think of something like that happening.

Get well soon.

STANG RED
12-13-2008, 03:06 PM
This is very sad. Here a kid is fighting for his life, and people are on here agrueing about how it happened. Bottom line is, this kid needs our support, best wishes, and prayers. I send them all to him, his family, and friends. I have always heard what a great kid he is, so I'm sure his family is great as well. My heart goes out to all of them in this sad and trying time. And I hope justice will be served to the guy that assaulted Lance. If alcohol is sure enough involved, let this be a lesson to others out there. Lots of bad things can happen when alcohol is involved in any situation.
Hopefully Lance will have a full recovery once this is over, and will live a long and productive life.

Pmoney
12-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I visited Lance on Wed. morning and he did not open his eyes and he didnt talk much but he was able to kinda recognize who people were...His father told me the morning I was there that a detective was picking the man who hit Lance that morning...Have not heard any updates since then but keep him in your prayers he is an all around great guy who never let pain get in the way of his life (when he was 9 he played bball with a broken arm and as a freshman played varsity linebacker with a broken arm)

mnlavey
12-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Celina. We played Snyder last year and that kid is a scrapper - A QB built like a LB.

DevotedPanther
12-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Regardless of what happened and how, this is horrible! Saying prayers for the young man here in LH. Hope the guy responsible is caught and justice served. Please post updates when you hear them.

rzf5qj
12-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Prayers from Prosper. Hoping he makes a full recovery.

loyalleopard
12-14-2008, 01:57 AM
Prayers for Lance and his family from Texarkana. Get well soon.

Tiger Baseball
12-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Our prayers are with you Lance!

My son Jesse talked with Lance on the phone friday, it wasn't the best phone conversation, but it is a huge improvment! My wife has been staying in touch with his mom daily. They have a long road ahead of them. Doctor has told them that he would be in the hospital another week to a month. The power of prayer is working so keep it coming everyone.

Ranger Mom
12-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I am just now getting caught back up on here....any updates??

Displaced Texan
12-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Lance is the son of one of my cousins. Vanessa and Jody my prayers go out to you and to Lance. God Bless you!