kepdawg
12-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
not surprised.

where did you this?

Announced at the top of the hour on Sportscenter

Cats Fan
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
most analyst that I have heard have chosen McCoy as the most deserving on that list but because the other two are playing for the NC* then they might get the vote.

McCoy is more deserving and should be playing in the NC, but apparently 45 is not greater to 35 :rolleyes:

Keith7
12-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Cats Fan
most analyst that I have heard have chosen McCoy as the most deserving on that list but because the other two are playing for the NC* then they might get the vote.

McCoy is more deserving and should be playing in the NC, but apparently 45 is not greater to 35 :rolleyes:

aww McCoy hasn't even lost the Heisman yet and long horn fans are already whining.. this is too funny

McCoy only got nominated to try to keep you guys from whining in the first place.. he doesn't deserve anything except a job as Franky Muniz's body double

kepdawg
12-10-2008, 06:43 PM

I'm a Texas fan and the whining is beyond old.

Bull Butter
12-10-2008, 06:54 PM

http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

WylieBulldog92
12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
LOL
:clap: :clap:

OrangeChamps
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
That's too bad. He didn't deserve it compared to the others any way.

Emerson1
12-10-2008, 07:04 PM
As long as Tebow doesn't win it I will be happy. I'd rather Jorvorskie Lane get it

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Personally, I'm not a UT fan. I'm a die hard Red Raider! But given that last few weeks of the season, I give Bradford the nod. I was leaning towards McCoy, and of corse Harrell, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I think Bradford out performed everybody the last few weeks. McCoy was very impressive in my book though. I'm also impressed in his decision to stay another year at UT. He'll win the heisman next year.

20loboes10
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Isn't the heisman supposed to go to the best player in college football? Why does it have to be a quarterback? Did Michael Crabtree not prove to everyone at the very end of the Texas vs. Tech game that he is the best?

DDBooger
12-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
Isn't the heisman supposed to go to the best player in college football? Why does it have to be a quarterback? Did Michael Crabtree not prove to everyone at the very end of the Texas vs. Tech game that he is the best?
I think at the advent of the spread (Rodriguez & Meyer) offense, QB's have just put up so many ridiculous numbers, nobody looks at anyone else but the qb.

wildstangs
12-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Wonderful. This means that the old OJ - Tech - Heisman joke is valid for another year.

McCoy deserves this award. You take him away and no way UT wins 11 games this year.

3afan
12-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
As long as Tebow doesn't win it I will be happy. I'd rather Jorvorskie Lane get it

http://twentypeacefulminutes.com/forums/Smileys/default/yikes.gif

coach
12-11-2008, 12:16 AM

hell if he got it he would be the last recipiant of the heisman bc he would eat the damned trophy

coach
12-11-2008, 12:17 AM

or sam bradford prove that he was the best player in the 1st, sencon, 3rd and 4th quarter of the tech game that he is the best

coach
12-11-2008, 12:18 AM
did vote passorcatch.com get a virus or something???

Diocletian
12-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
he doesn't deserve anything except a job as Franky Muniz's body double

I was rollin' on the floor after reading that...

If you take away McCoy from UT you get more than 11 wins in my opinion... matter of fact you get Snead, who is the lonely QB that took ol Miss to a great record in the SEC and beat Florida. And he gets the chance to beat down Tech in Dallas...so if he wins we can all laugh at how GH was even considered for it.

I'm a die hard UT fan, but Bradford is deserving more of the award and if he doesn't get it, prepare for a showing like VY did when he didn't get what he deserved....

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

Dang, it feels good to be a gangsta

JasperDog94
12-11-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Personally, I'm not a UT fan. I'm a die hard Red Raider! But given that last few weeks of the season, I give Bradford the nod. I was leaning towards McCoy, and of corse Harrell, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I think Bradford out performed everybody the last few weeks. McCoy was very impressive in my book though. I'm also impressed in his decision to stay another year at UT. He'll win the heisman next year. People keep saying that McCoy will win it next year, but if Tebow and Bradford come back next year, who's to say that these same three won't be back in NY next year?

jockcity33
12-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Wonderful. This means that the old OJ - Tech - Heisman joke is valid for another year.

McCoy deserves this award. You take him away and no way UT wins 11 games this year.

The same could be said for Harrell at Tech, Bradofrd at OU, and Tebow at Florida.

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 10:05 AM
too bad none of yall get a vote! LMAO

JasperDog94
12-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
too bad none of yall get a vote! LMAO Why is that funny?:confused:

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
I was rollin' on the floor after reading that...

If you take away McCoy from UT you get more than 11 wins in my opinion... matter of fact you get Snead, who is the lonely QB that took ol Miss to a great record in the SEC and beat Florida. And he gets the chance to beat down Tech in Dallas...so if he wins we can all laugh at how GH was even considered for it.

I'm a die hard UT fan, but Bradford is deserving more of the award and if he doesn't get it, prepare for a showing like VY did when he didn't get what he deserved....
Talk about whining!! If 'if' was a fifth... we would all be so drunk.
I have to laugh at some of these comments- because they are INSANE!:eek:
IMO- McCoy is going to New York because he deserves to be there and so does Bradford and so does Tebow.

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Why is that funny?:confused:
i was wondering the same thing:thinking:
maybe it's one of those, i'm unhappy, im gonna make others miserable right now too!
lmao :p j/k p4s
don't smite me!:rolleyes: :D

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Why is that funny?:confused: because it is

Originally posted by DDbooger
i was wondering the same thing :thinking:
maybe it's one of those, i'm unhappy, im gonna make others miserable right now too!
lmao :p j/k p4s
don't smite me! :rolleyes: :D

i'm in a pretty good mood! it's my Friday, it's payday, i'm headed to Big D and all my work is finished! :cheerl: plus, i'm alive :)

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 11:11 AM
because it is

i'm in a pretty good mood! it's my Friday, it's payday, i'm headed to Big D and all my work is finished! :cheerl: plus, i'm alive :) careful on the road rita! give me a wave when ya go through San Marcos! :D

pirate4state
12-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
careful on the road rita! give me a wave when ya go through San Marcos! :D I will honk & :wave:

:1omg!: DUDE....I just noticed your sig :ack!: :ack!:

tragic

oh and thank you

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
I will honk & :wave:

:1omg!: DUDE....I just noticed your sig :ack!: :ack!:

tragic

oh and thank you
:confused: where did you think hershey kisses came from? he's working overtime, The Holidays!:rolleyes:

slpybear the bullfan
12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
All three guys are very deserving. An MVP type award is always tough to award.

IMHO, I would rank them as Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow.

JasperDog94
12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
because it is

uhhhhh....okay....:vrycnfsd:

TheDOCTORdre
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Passing Statistics
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

Graham Harrell 406 568 4747 71.5 8.36 41 7 163.0

Graham Harrell 512 713 5705 71.8 8.00 48 14 157.3

Graham Harrell 412 617 4555 66.8 7.38 38 11 145.5

Cody Hodges 353 531 4238 66.5 7.98 31 12 148.3

Sonny Cumbie 421 642 4742 65.6 7.39 32 18 138.5

B.J. Symons 470 719 5833 65.4 8.11 52 22 151.3

Kliff Kingsbury 479 712 5017 67.3 7.05 45 13 143.7

typical tech season...i mean yes the numbers are a little more impressive but the reason tech was a national title contender for a while this year was the defense finally played some decent ball and they had a running game more than in the past...Harrell is not the reason Tech was in the hunt this year...jmo

Daddy D 11
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM

Thank God someone thinks like I do!:clap:

crzyjournalist03
12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't know...I think that any of the finalists (plus a couple of other guys who didn't make the cut) all have a very legitimate argument. I can see Tebow winning again, as I really feel the whole thing comes down to value.

I believe that this year, you could have taken Bradford or McCoy off of their teams, and I still think that Texas and OU are very good teams (maybe not BCS Championship contenders, but still top 15 teams). I think if you take Tebow off of Florida, the Gators are an 8-4 or 7-5 team.

So if I were voting for Heisman, I'd probably go:

1. Tebow
2. Bradford
3. McCoy

But if I'm a NFL team and all the top quarterbacks came out in the same class, my draft sheet goes:

1. McCoy
2. Bradford
3. Daniel
4. Stafford
5. Harrell
6. Sanchez
7. Reesing
8. Tebow

Txbroadcaster
12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I don't know...I think that any of the finalists (plus a couple of other guys who didn't make the cut) all have a very legitimate argument. I can see Tebow winning again, as I really feel the whole thing comes down to value.

I believe that this year, you could have taken Bradford or McCoy off of their teams, and I still think that Texas and OU are very good teams (maybe not BCS Championship contenders, but still top 15 teams). I think if you take Tebow off of Florida, the Gators are an 8-4 or 7-5 team.

So if I were voting for Heisman, I'd probably go:

1. Tebow
2. Bradford
3. McCoy

But if I'm a NFL team and all the top quarterbacks came out in the same class, my draft sheet goes:

1. McCoy
2. Bradford
3. Daniel
4. Stafford
5. Harrell
6. Sanchez
7. Reesing
8. Tebow

Sorry buit I dont think Teebow was more valuable to Fla than McCoy to Texas...I dont think any player was more valuable to a team this year than McCoy

Before the season most were saying Texas would lose to

OU, Mizzou, Kansas , Tech and possibly OSU

No one thought they had a snow balls chance of being in hunt for Big 12 let alone the BCS title

NO running game and only ONE WR back that before this season had done anything

TheDOCTORdre
12-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

1. McCoy
2. Bradford
3. Daniel
4. Stafford
5. Harrell
6. Sanchez
7. Reesing
8. Tebow

prolly the most ridiculous thing i've seen and i'm a huge Longhorn/McCoy fan but truth be told Bradford has got to be thequarterback with the most potential to be a great NFL quarterback...McCoy isnt there yet...in all reality I dont think he will ever be a great NFL qb...great college qb and great person with tremendous heart and work ethic but I just dont think he's ready for the next level...well at least not until after this year but I think Bradford is the real deal and Stafford and Daniel as well....Tebow may be and Sanchez too but its a coin tosss on those in my opinion depends on who they end up with

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
prolly the most ridiculous thing i've seen and i'm a huge Longhorn/McCoy fan but truth be told Bradford has got to be thequarterback with the most potential to be a great NFL quarterback...McCoy isnt there yet...in all reality I dont think he will ever be a great NFL qb...great college qb and great person with tremendous heart and work ethic but I just dont think he's ready for the next level...well at least not until after this year but I think Bradford is the real deal and Stafford and Daniel as well....Tebow may be and Sanchez too but its a coin tosss on those in my opinion depends on who they end up with Tebow has lot of mechanics to work on. Lots of people calling him a long term project or H-back/TE/Wildcat qb

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
prolly the most ridiculous thing i've seen and i'm a huge Longhorn/McCoy fan but truth be told Bradford has got to be thequarterback with the most potential to be a great NFL quarterback...McCoy isnt there yet...in all reality I dont think he will ever be a great NFL qb...great college qb and great person with tremendous heart and work ethic but I just dont think he's ready for the next level...well at least not until after this year but I think Bradford is the real deal and Stafford and Daniel as well....Tebow may be and Sanchez too but its a coin tosss on those in my opinion depends on who they end up with
That sounds just like what everyone was saying about McCoy when he was recruited by Texas. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

carter08
12-11-2008, 02:52 PM
375/556
4768 yards
67.4% completions
43 TD
10 INT
73/225 rushing; 5 TDs

Good stats.

Know who the player is?

Necks_Fan
12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by carter08
375/556
4768 yards
67.4% completions
43 TD
10 INT
73/225 rushing; 5 TDs

Good stats.

Know who the player is? QB for UH from Wylie?

I'm at a loss for his name though.

WylieBulldog92
12-11-2008, 03:55 PM
375/556
4768 yards
67.4% completions
43 TD
10 INT
73/225 rushing; 5 TDs

Good stats.

Know who the player is?
The guy I'm going to see on December 31!

DaHop72
12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
375/556
4768 yards
67.4% completions
43 TD
10 INT
73/225 rushing; 5 TDs

Good stats.

Know who the player is? That would appear to be one Case Keenum's stats. Nothing but a winner where ever he goes.

carter08
12-11-2008, 04:53 PM
You are correct.

Put him on a BCS team and he is in the Heisman running.

GO COOGS.

20loboes10
12-11-2008, 05:54 PM
The heisman has become a quarterback award more than an MVP award. I really dont think McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow are the top players in college football today. Also the schools they play for are 1, 2, and 3 in the bcs so that plays a huge part in the selection of the heisman winner. Who was the last person to win the heisman and his team not get a bcs bowl game?

sweetwater07
12-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
aww McCoy hasn't even lost the Heisman yet and long horn fans are already whining.. this is too funny

he doesn't deserve anything except a job as Franky Muniz's body double

LMAO!!!!!!

OldBison75
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
First, it is a pretty good bet that Tebow will win the trophy if Florida beats Oklahoma. Same Bradford if Oklahoma wins. McCoy is left out because his team is not playing for the National Championship. The one chance he has is for Texas to crush Ohio State and Florida and Oklahoma to play a close, low scoring game.

As for Tech being shut out, Harrell has grat numbers, but so has every QB in that system and many were not even capable of playing at the nexst level. If anybody needed consideration from Tech it is Crabtree. The guy is a real talent with the ability to be a playmaker at the next level. He was the person that this team turned to when they needed to step up. And, when he played with injuries over the last few games and still carried the receiving load, he proved he is the MVP on the Tech team.

JR2004
12-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
First, it is a pretty good bet that Tebow will win the trophy if Florida beats Oklahoma. Same Bradford if Oklahoma wins.

The trophy is handed out this week. Bowl games don't matter.

WylieBulldog92
12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
The trophy is handed out this week. Bowl games don't matter.
I was kinda confused when he started saying that I was 100% sure it was Saturday it was going to be announced.

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2008, 10:21 AM

The most ridiculous thing you've seen? Really?

That's just my opinion, and I have no ties to either school. To me, McCoy just has "the look" that I can't really explain. I think at this point to argue between McCoy and Bradford would be like arguing between Rivers, Manning, and Roethlisberger a few years back. Different people are going to like different QBs for different reasons.

crzyjournalist03
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
The heisman has become a quarterback award more than an MVP award. Who was the last person to win the heisman and his team not get a bcs bowl game?

I guess that's why Reggie Bush won a couple of years ago, because they only give the award to quarterbacks now.

To answer your question, I believe it was Ricky Williams in 1998, the first season in which the BCS was used.