PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Coaches

ag4
12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
WILL THERE BE ANY COACHING CHANGES IN NAVASOTA THIS YEAR?

navscanmaster
12-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Unknown at this time.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
How many key players are Srs this year?

MJMbrahmas10
12-10-2008, 11:08 PM
well i know pratt, stoke, jackson are and pratt and jackson are going D1, pratt to lsu and jackson to TAMU

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
How many key players are Srs this year?

Offensive, the Rattlers are loosing Pratt, Stolks, Jackson, Lamascus, and a few others.

But, dont anyone get too excited. The JV team went underfeated this season. In addition, the group of juniors have not lost a game I believe since they started junior high ball. I do believe that they were losing to Bellville in a game but the game was called due to weather in the first half. Don't quote me on this though.

yes, you lose alot loosing this senior group. We expected them to do well. On the contrast, next years group will surprise alot of people unless there is some big coaching change. You can quote me on this.

MJMbrahmas10
12-10-2008, 11:57 PM
the game was called at halftime bellville won 14 to 6, i played on that team, navasota was the only team that actually gave us a game going into halftime, they are very good

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
the game was called at halftime bellville won 14 to 6, i played on that team, navasota was the only team that actually gave us a game going into halftime, they are very good

Thanks, I wasn't too sure.

hookandladder
12-11-2008, 07:19 AM

If the game was called at half time, I would have a hard time calling it a win. Also you cannot put much stock in sub-varsity teams. Just my opinion.

KL3
12-11-2008, 08:16 AM

What he said. You should see the scores of the current juniors their freshman year. No team stayed within 30 points except for Navasota.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If the game was called at half time, I would have a hard time calling it a win. Also you cannot put much stock in sub-varsity teams. Just my opinion.

How bad did La Grange get beat by these 2 teams?

TRENCHES06
12-11-2008, 11:06 AM
This years La Grange JV beat Bellville.

Last years JV lost by 1 on a last second field goal.

hookandladder
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
How bad did La Grange get beat by these 2 teams?

My point is like with La Grange this year their was quite a few sophmores on varsity and with most JV teams you have mostly sophmores. I know other teams do the same thing so my point is just because your JV team did well does not translate to a good varsity team the next year. I know last last year I counted aleast 6 sophmores on Giddings Varsity team that play a major role on varsity and I know LG beat their JV team. We have been down this road before about sub-varsity teams, last year Bellville's 7th grade team put it on us and this year we dominated them. So many things happen from year to year.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
I believe they're talking about the current Jr players when they played all together as freshmen. Judging by what they did their freshman years, these should be very strong Sr. classes for Navasota & Bellville.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I believe they're talking about the current Jr players when they played all together as freshmen. Judging by what they did their freshman years, these should be very strong Sr. classes for Navasota & Bellville.

Thanks Bull's-eye.

MJMbrahmas10
12-11-2008, 09:41 PM
lets just say as freshman we hardly ever had a starter in during the fourth quarter

navscanmaster
12-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't know much about our upcoming receiving corp, but we will be okay at quarterback, either way it goes. The defense should be the strong point next year. If the offense doesn't gel early on, the defense should keep them in the game. We'll see next year, I guess.

hookandladder
12-12-2008, 07:19 AM
lets just say as freshman we hardly ever had a starter in during the fourth quarter

Same as I stated before, 1 class will not make you a strong varsity team. You need 2 to 3 strong classes to make serious noise in the playoffs. When we won our State Championship we had 2 very strong classess Juniors and Seniors, the next year was the same. It's like having 1 stud pitcher, he cannot win a State Championship by himself must be surrounded by talent also.Don't bring Homer Bailey because their was some very fine athelete's on both his championships.

trojan37
12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Is there a Coach Rodgers at Navasota?

Rocket Dad
12-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Coach Rogers is the receivers coach and calls plays for the Rattlers.

trojan37
12-12-2008, 09:55 AM
If it's the Rodgers I'm thinking of, he's from West, that's why I was curious.

ag4
12-13-2008, 11:06 AM
IS COACH ROGERS LEAVING?

OldBison75
12-13-2008, 01:36 PM
As of today, there are no known coaches changes at Navasota. It appears that there may be some discussion about Fedora leaving to join his brother at the college level, but nothing seem definite at this time. There has been a rumor that if Fedora leaves, there is already a coach on staff that will move up and take over. If that is true, the same system will remain in place with the majority of the current staff. We'll have to wait and see.

football junkie
12-13-2008, 09:08 PM
OLD BISON- IF FEDORA LEAVES WHO WOULD THAT COACH ON STAFF BE TO REPLACE HIM?

navscanmaster
12-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by football junkie
OLD BISON- IF FEDORA LEAVES WHO WOULD THAT COACH ON STAFF BE TO REPLACE HIM?
He's probably heard the same thing I did, but neither of us are on the "inside" of the football program, so we don't know anything for sure. What I had heard is that Coach Goodman would be lined up to take over if Fedora leaves, but that is hearsay as far as I am concerned, so nobody needs to be accusing me of rumor mongering...