PDA

View Full Version : It's a Wonderful Life on tv soon!

Phil C
12-10-2008, 10:17 AM
This is a great Christmas movie made in 1946 and stars James Stewart, Donna Reed and a great supporting cast. It also has Alfalfa in a brief part as the young teen ditched by Reed at a party at the first part of the movie.
It will be on Corpus Christi NBC station Channel 6 this Saturday night (12-13-08) from 7 P.M. to 10 P.M. I am sure it will be shown all over the rest of the country so check your local tv guide to see when it is showing in your area. It is shown traditionally at this time on many stations.
Don't miss this one if you haven't seen it. It is a great Christmas movie.

Phil C
12-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Be sure to watch out for the 1946 James Stewart version. Others have been made and even though they are good they are not up to this original.

blowfish
12-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Not to be rude or anything but I have never understood why this movie is considered a christmas movie. I understand that is set around christmas but the story line isnt really about christmas, it is about how one mans life effects the lives of so many others.

Now if you want to watch a real christmas movie watch A Christmas Story with Darren Mcgavin. Not that is a true christmas story about christmas.

Dont get me wrong my entire family on both sides always watches Its A Wonderful Life, I just have never gotten it.

Oh by the way have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit about what happens after the movie ended? it is hilarious.

Just my $.02

Phil C
12-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Not to be rude or anything but I have never understood why this movie is considered a christmas movie. I understand that is set around christmas but the story line isnt really about christmas, it is about how one mans life effects the lives of so many others.

Now if you want to watch a real christmas movie watch A Christmas Story with Darren Mcgavin. Not that is a true christmas story about christmas.

Dont get me wrong my entire family on both sides always watches Its A Wonderful Life, I just have never gotten it.

Oh by the way have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live skit about what happens after the movie ended? it is hilarious.

Just my $.02

I did see that skit on Saturday Night Live. Amusing indeed.

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I've tried to watch this movie several times over the years and have never made it through...just not my cup of tea I guess.

pirate4state
12-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I've tried to watch this movie several times over the years and have never made it through...just not my cup of tea I guess. I had never sat down to watch it until a few years ago. I can take it or leave it.