PDA

View Full Version : B, I finally broke down and bought Amanda a new car

big daddy russ
12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I finally did it. I figured it was finally time to get rid of that 2001 Ford Focus with 120k miles. She's had it since high school and it was a piece when she got it. It was no different when we traded it in last night.

So Merry Christmas to her. This was her Christmas present.

(By the way, I never found out if you got an SUV.)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/Side.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/FrontSeat.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/BackPicture.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rustysmith/Front.jpg

CHS_CG
12-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Nice job russ.. does she like it?:clap:

big daddy russ
12-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Nice job russ.. does she like it?:clap:
Yeah. You know who she's married to. She didn't think she'd ever get a new car.

She's stuck with this one for the next decade. I figured I'd get something that she likes.

CHS_CG
12-09-2008, 11:28 PM
LMAO! Im glad to hear it! How are yall doing.. you are never around any more!

big daddy russ
12-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
LMAO! Im glad to hear it! How are yall doing.. you are never around any more!
Good. We both work full time, both go to school, and just got a house on top of it all, so life's been crazy lately. I get to see her for about five minutes a night... between the time I come home from work/school and see her sleeping in the bed and the time I fall asleep. She gets the same in the mornings.

I honestly didn't want to get a new car until the summer. We just got a new house, still settling in, still trying to build our savings back, but we were about to sink another $1500-$2000 into her car. We did that last year and it was getting old.

PS: Never buy a Ford Focus. Ours was already a money pit at 118k miles.

Anyways, this was an amazing deal even by my standards and we don't have any other real payments outside of the house, so I did it.

And it was worth it to see her face.

44INAROW
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Nice work Russ :) Volvo's are nice cars and retain their value - so hopefully after a few "little Russes'" come along and you have to buy a bigger one - you'll get a good trade-in for it ;)

pirate4state
12-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Good. We both work full time, both go to school, and just got a house on top of it all, so life's been crazy lately. I get to see her for about five minutes a night... between the time I come home from work/school and see her sleeping in the bed and the time I fall asleep. She gets the same in the mornings.

I honestly didn't want to get a new car until the summer. We just got a new house, still settling in, still trying to build our savings back, but we were about to sink another $1500-$2000 into her car. We did that last year and it was getting old.

PS: Never buy a Ford Focus. Ours was already a money pit at 118k miles.

Anyways, this was an amazing deal even by my standards and we don't have any other real payments outside of the house, so I did it.

And it was worth it to see her face.

:)

Glad to "hear" from ya Russ! Don't be a stranger.

Phil C
12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
:clap:

big daddy russ
12-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Nice work Russ :) Volvo's are nice cars and retain their value - so hopefully after a few "little Russes'" come along and you have to buy a bigger one - you'll get a good trade-in for it ;)
Heck yeah. She's been wanting either a luxury car or a Mustang GT for a while, but I didn't want to be saddled with high insurance. We looked at everything and it came down to Volvos, Toyotas, and Buicks. I wanted reliability and comfort and she wanted something that would look nice driving down the road. That ruled out Buicks. And the new Camrys (actually, all her friends ruled out the Camry for her... they all think they look like ass. So do I.).

The Volvo is a little more upscale, but I got this one for maybe $1k-$2k more than I would've spent on a similarly-equipped Camry, and it's much more comfy and looks better, too.

Originally posted by pirate4state
:)

Glad to "hear" from ya Russ! Don't be a stranger.
I'll drop by from time to time. If you're lucky.

IHStangFan
12-11-2008, 12:24 AM
VERY nice Russ!!! Awesome car. We test drove the XC90 not too long ago. Volvos are great!

As far as me and an SUV...I'm not going to buy till I get back from my gig.....BUT...and you're gonna laugh....but I've kinda changed paths as far as what I want. I went and test drove a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon last week.....I'm in love all over again. Pretty sure it's what I'm buying when I get home.

Hope you guys are well!!

big daddy russ
12-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Nothing wrong with that, B. Wranglers are some of my favorite vehicles. Eventually, I'd like to get an early-80's CJ-7. The Unlimiteds are also the only trucks that I've seen that can pull off 22" rims. I love 'em too.

I never thought I'd see the day you bought a Mopar, though. Ha.

IHStangFan
12-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Nothing wrong with that, B. Wranglers are some of my favorite vehicles. Eventually, I'd like to get an early-80's CJ-7. The Unlimiteds are also the only trucks that I've seen that can pull off 22" rims. I love 'em too.

I never thought I'd see the day you bought a Mopar, though. Ha. LOL...tell me about it....I'm still struggling w/ it, but I know a handful of people w/ em and they all love em. It's Rubicon or nothing though. LOL. They've done away w/ the old thrashy, noisy, 4.0L I6 and replaced it w/ the 3.8L V6 outa the Town & Country mini van. It's alot smoother and quieter of an engine. Even in Rubicon trim w/ the BFG Mud Terrains (yes...they come stock w/ em....I thought "WHOA" too!!)...it was a pleasant ride, and surprisingly quiet. I was fairly impressed. A Wrangler w/ 4 doors...what'll they think of next!!??

big daddy russ
12-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
A Wrangler w/ 4 doors...what'll they think of next!!??
Hopefully they'll think of a chip warmer with a built-in Cheez Whiz dispenser.

IHStangFan
12-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Hopefully they'll think of a chip warmer with a built-in Cheez Whiz dispenser. we can only hope!!.....but it DID have a touch screen navi system, Infinity sound system!!, locking front and rear diffs, AND electronic sway bar disconnect! Pretty snazzy!! Daddy Likey!

Merry Christmas amigo. I think Amanda will be happy w/ the Volvo....awesome cars...great pick Russ.