PDA

View Full Version : Who would you not want to play in a bowl

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 08:46 PM
With all the discussion of the BCS, playoffs, which teams deserve to be in the NC game and all that good stuff I got to wondering if you were a coach of a college football program which team would you not want to meet in a bowl... please use logic in your answer, I want this to be a good clean thread that doesnt involve bashing but we will see how long that can last

95mustang
12-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I don't think I would want to play Tech in a bowl game. Lets look at some recent ones: the comeback againts Minnesota and the comeback last year. They are never down and out in their bowl games.

PHS Wildcats
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I wouldn't want to play OU or UT right now.
OU has obviously turned it up a notch and are executing to damned near perfection. That kinda execution combined with their athletes=beatdown.
UT I figure has got to be pretty pissed off, and has got to remember USC blowing out their Rose Bowl opponent in 2003 and winning a share of the NC.

I agree

RMAC
12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Any of the undefeateds that got snubbed by the BCS.

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I would not want to play....

For some reason I want to say Ohio State, I do not think they will http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o167/buckeye14n0/Ohio%20State/41b7re2.jpg

big daddy russ
12-09-2008, 10:33 PM
1. TEXAS TECH-- The OU game was the snowball effect at it's finest, not a true representation of how much better the Sooners were than the Raiders. If they played ten times, how many times would Brent Venables hold the Raiders to 21 points?
My answer would be once. Maybe twice if he prayed five times a day for two months leading up to the game.

2. ALABAMA-- Is there a more disrespected team in the nation right now? They're feeling Tech's pain. First, everyone assumed that Florida was head-and-shoulders better than the Tide, but Bama was every bit as good as the Gators. Heck, Bama had the Gators on the ropes in the third quarter but couldn't put them away.
By the way, I don't know if saying this or passing a kidney stone is more painful. It's close.

3. TEXAS-- Colt McCoy's coming back with a chip on his shoulder. His comeback starts right now.

Astrosdawg07
12-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't think anyone would want to play USC either, they are clicking on all cylinders right now. That defense is scary good.

trojan37
12-10-2008, 04:33 AM
OU is really putting up the Numbers, but they have in years past, and haven't fared well in any bowl games. I say Florida hands it to them. I wouldn't want to play USC, although I would have liked to have seen a UT-USC rematch.

Come on
12-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Liberty Hill!

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Come on
Liberty Hill!

i wanted to keep this thread semi intelligent...no doubt LH is a good HS ball team...but no college program is scared of LH sorry

GreenMonster
12-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Notre Dame- because that would mean that my team probably sucks too and it's going to be an ugly game in a nobody cares bowl game.

Come on
12-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
i wanted to keep this thread semi intelligent...no doubt LH is a good HS ball team...but no college program is scared of LH sorry :doh: I realize that I just didn't realize this was semi or any other level of intellagence. I ask your forgivness

crzyjournalist03
12-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't want to play Air Force or Navy...I don't know how good you can feel about beating on some of our troops knowing that there's so many of them oversees who won't see their families during the holidays. It would be like a bittersweet bowl win.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Come on
:doh: I realize that I just didn't realize this was semi or any other level of intellagence. I ask your forgivness

obviously you arent to familar with me and the fact that all my posts are intelligent...or sarcastic...I was just giving you a hard time man lol

Come on
12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
obviously you arent to familar with me and the fact that all my posts are intelligent...or sarcastic...I was just giving you a hard time man lol
:cool:

Texasfootball2
12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Ohio State:D just because there probably getting tons of bulletin board material from all of the overconfident Texas Fans and Boosters.:D

STANG RED
12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Texas Tech - Because if their firing on all cyliinders, they'll make your D look stupid in a hurry, and will pile on the points quickly. However, they may have some doubt after their last couple of outings, so it remains to be seen how they will respond.

Alabama - Because thay are a great team with something to prove.

Texas - They are pissed off and looking for someone to beat up on.

OU - They seem to want it real bad, and still think they have something to prove to the nation. Which they do. And besides, they are a great team with lots of weapons. May well be the most talented team in the nation.