PDA

View Full Version : Question(s) for all Wylie Fans???????

Johnny Moxen
12-09-2008, 05:35 PM
I know how the Sandifer system works, and that he'll have the players ready to step up (Senior lead team), etc.

That being stated, what's the outloook for next years team? I know who the returners are (Preston, Miller, Ramos, Gray, etc), but who are the other Juniors that we as Wylie fans need to know will rise to become house hold names?

What Soph. will be ready to step and and make a contribution to next years team such as this years Junior class did? I know nothing about the JV or Fresh level players.

Any 2nd comings of Chance Perkins, Chris Gilmore, Matt Field or Jesse Jennings?

pero chato
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Soph Joe Nassar looked very impressive on varsity. Don't know about any others, other than the ones you mentioned.

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking most of the offensive linemen will be from the sophomore class, they were better than the juniors were their sophomore year.

Definitely look for Joe Nasser.
Other Sohpomores: Lance Lindley, Colin Harris, Derek Morrow, maybe Jesse Huffine?

Juniors: Jon Miller, Robert Miller, Matt Preston, Keith Green!, Cory Ramos, Austin Gray, Sal Tonche, Jimmy Holley, Kolter Wright, Andy Linn, Stephen Cottner, Rayce Burks.

awylie8
12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
There were quite a few juniors that made varsity that did not play alot. These kids are going to step in and fill some gaps lost to graduation. Conner Merck, Evan Myers, Jansen Moreno, Colton Wright, Caleb Champion, Caleb Clark, Grayson Martin, Davis Michalewicz. I totally disagree with your assesment of the offensive line. It will be senior loaded next year. Too many linemen that will be seniors next year. I feel that with as many players that will be seniors next year, your not going to see as many juniors make varsity as this year, do to the numbers.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
My personal opinion is that the Dawgs will be better next year. This years Jr. class is very good, especially at the skill positions along with some really good sophmores. If they have some lineman from the JV step up next year they should be better than this years team. Yes, this was a good Senior class, but there are good proven players behind every single one of the Seniors that are graduating. I think Chance Perkins will be the toughest to replace only because of the speed he brings from an outside LB/DE rush position, not many walking around that can what he did.

nobogey72
12-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Soph Joe Nassar looked very impressive on varsity. Don't know about any others, other than the ones you mentioned.

I think Joe is potentially as explosive a player as Perkins (who in my opinion may have been the most explosive player at Wylie in a long time)

TinyTim
12-10-2008, 02:22 PM
He will be greatly missed on the track this year.

awylie8
12-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Am I missing something here? Are you guys telling me that the JV linemen are better than the junior linemen that made the varsity this year? As a total unit, I just don't see it.

WylieBulldog92
12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by awylie8
Am I missing something here? Are you guys telling me that the JV linemen are better than the junior linemen that made the varsity this year? As a total unit, I just don't see it.
Yes I am, I started on the line that is the junior class this year and I can see the class below us is better than we were last year.

Texasfootball2
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by awylie8

Maybe I should have said "linemen from the Junior class or JV need to step up". I was just making the point that Wylie should be better next.

awylie8
12-10-2008, 06:02 PM
IMO, being that there are so many junior linemen that will be seniors next year, it will be difficult for a next year junior linemen to make varsity, unless he is absolutly better than the senior. Thats just the way it is at Wylie. We tend to be senior loaded year in and year out. Any way that it shakes out, we have to have some guy's work hard and be ready when kickoff gets here ( juniors or seniors) GO DAWGS