PDA

View Full Version : District 2-3A

Looking4number8
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/articles/2008/12/09/sports/doc493e80b488d27590867578.txt

Here is the all district story in today Brownwood Bulletin. Of course it is a Brownwood slanted story but it does have all of the all district selections with exception of the honarable mentions.

Congrats to all on the well deserved honors

swstangs001
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
http://www.brownwoodbulletin.com/articles/2008/12/09/sports/doc493e80b488d27590867578.txt

Here is the all district story in today Brownwood Bulletin. Of course it is a Brownwood slanted story but it does have all of the all district selections with exception of the honarable mentions.

Congrats to all on the well deserved honors
not everyone is a user why dont you just post the story?

Looking4number8
12-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Sorry, did not realize you had to be a user, here ya go..

Pachall voted district’s MVP
Lions’ senior quarterback one of 14 selections from Brownwood
By Derrick Stuckly-Brownwood Bulletin
Published: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:37 AM CST
Despite missing out on the postseason, the Brownwood Lions still caught the eye of plenty of football coaches in District 2-3A. The Lions garnered 14 selections on the 2-3A all-district roster …#8221; which was released Monday …#8221; headlined by Casey Pachall, the unanimous choice as the most valuable player.

Pachall, the Lions’ senior quarterback who has verbally committed to TCU, was the lone Brownwood player to receive a superlative award. The other superlatives went to offensive player of the year Troy Roberson, a senior running back from Breckenridge; defensive player of the year Jesse Jennings, a senior from Abilene Wylie; newcomer of the year Shade Roemisch, a sophomore from Snyder; and coach of the year Hugh Sandifer of district champion Wylie.

Pachall’s numbers were among the most impressive of any Class 3A quarterback in the state. He completed 61 percent of his pass attempts (164-of-270) for 2,808 yards and 31 touchdowns with 11 interceptions. Pachall also led the Lions on the ground with 684 yards rushing and a team-high 11 touchdowns on 137 carries. The Lions earned four spots on the first-team offense as senior receivers Parker Taylor and Shelby Miller were both unanimous selections. They were joined by senior offensive tackle Stavion Lowe, an LSU verbal commit, while Miller was also voted first-team kicker.

Taylor led the Lions with 50 receptions for 990 yards and 12 touchdowns and twice recorded more than 200 yards receiving in a game this season. Miller chipped in 45 catches for 864 yards and nine touchdowns in only nine games. He also scored a team-high 100 points with 46 coming in his role as placekicker.

Lowe, who battled injuries most of the season, still helped anchor an offensive line that paved the way for 39.1 points and 456.6 total yards …#8221; 282.4 passing and 174.2 rushing …#8221; per game.

First-team defensive selections for the Lions included senior Bubby Harrell, who split time at linebacker and safety, and Miller at punter. Harrell finished the season with 72 tackles, a sack and an interception.

Making the second-team offense from Brownwood were senior running back Rashad Deal, senior receiver Travis Holleman and senior offensive lineman Jake Senkirik.

Deal was second on the team with 512 yards rushing and seven touchdowns on 70 carries, while catching seven passes for 102 yards and a score. Holleman finished with 35 receptions for 543 yards and eight TDs and was the team’s top punt returner.

The lone second-team defensive selection for the Lions …#8221; who allowed 40 points and 455.2 total yards per game …#8221; was senior safety Payton Ragsdale. Ragsdale tallied 107 tackles with a pair of interceptions and three pass breakups.

Receiving honorable mention for the Lions were senior offensive linemen Daniel Nguyen and Francisco Castaneda, along with senior linebacker Tracer Skelton, who led Brownwood with 126 tackles, an interception and a fumble recovery.

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

2-3A All-District Football Roster

District MVP: Casey Pachall, Sr., Brownwood

Offensive MVP: Troy Roberson, Sr., Breckenridge

Defensive MVP: Jesse Jennings, Sr. Abilene Wylie

Newcomer of the Year: Shade Roemisch, So., Snyder

Coach of the Year: Hugh Sandifer, Abilene Wylie

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

First-Team Offense

Quarterback: Case McCoy, Jr., Graham

Running Backs: Kris Gilmore, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Daniel Jackson, Sr., Sweetwater; Kenneth Turner, Sr., Snyder; Cameron Bailey, Jr., Graham.

Fullbacks: Chase Arrendale, Sr., Snyder; Rufus McCann, Sr., Sweetwater

Utility: Steven Fields, Sr., Sweetwater

Tight Ends: Bryan Thompson, Sr., Snyder; Luke Howell, Jr., Abilene Wylie

Wide Receivers: Parker Taylor, Sr., Brownwood; Shelby Miller, Sr., Brownwood; Austin Gray, Jr., Abilene Wylie; Dylan Fulford, So., Graham

Centers: Josh Ross, Sr., Sweetwater; Ryan Kendrick, Sr., Abilene Wylie

Linemen: Stavion Lowe, Sr., Brownwood; Brink Huffine, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Daniel Samia, Sr., Snyder; Cole Rhoades, Jr., Sweetwater

Kickers: Shelby Miller, Sr., Brownwood; Austin Gray, Jr. Abilene Wylie

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

First-Team Defense

Linemen: B.J. Walker, So., Sweetwater; Sylvester Tonche, Jr., Abilene Wylie; Brett Chaney, Sr., Breckenridge

Ends: Keifer Adamez, Sr., Sweetwater; Ryan Calhoun, Sr., Graham

Inside Linebackers: Troy Roberson, Sr., Breckenridge; Clay Hirt, Sr., Snyder; Rufus McCann, Sr., Sweetwater

Outside Linebackers: Ethan Hiser, Jr., Graham; Xavier Malone, So., Snyder; Bo Burgarin, Jr., Sweetwater

Secondary: Bubby Harrell, Sr., Brownwood; Hubbell Allen, Jr., Graham; Kenneth Turner, Sr., Snyder; Kenneth Norman, Jr., Sweetwater; Michael Seidensticker, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Cesar Martinez, Jr., Breckenridge

Utility: Chance Perkins, Sr., Abilene Wylie

Punter: Shelby Miller, Sr., Brownwood

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

Second-Team Offense

Quarterback: Jesse Conner, Sr., Snyder

Running Backs: Rashad Deal, Sr., Brownwood; Cody Parrilla, Sr., Graham; Kelton Garcia, So., Snyder; A.J. McCoy, Jr., Sweetwater; Cory Ramos, Jr., Abilene Wylie

Utility: Xavier Malone, So., Snyder

Tight End: Tate Hayes, Sr., Sweetwater

Wide Receivers: Travis Holleman, Sr., Brownwood; Matt Field, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Carlos Valdez, Sr., Breckenridge; Garrett Spears, Jr., Graham

Center: Michael Varela, Sr., Snyder

Linemen: Jake Senkirik, Sr., Brownwood; Blake Jordan, Jr., Graham; Adrian Alvarez, Sr., Snyder; Britt Bowen, Sr., Sweetwater; Bryce Nichols, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Ryan Stoker, Fr., Breckenridge

Kicker: Cameron Studdard, Sr., Sweetwater

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

Second-Team Defense

Linemen: Max Torres, Sr., Sweetwater; Kolter Wright, Jr., Abilene Wylie; Tony Silva, Jr., Snyder

Ends: Josh Light, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Blayne Street, So., Breckenridge

Inside Linebackers: Dustin Brown, Sr., Snyder; Steven Fields, Sr., Sweetwater; Andy Linn, Jr., Abilene Wylie

Outside Linebackers: Alex Hernandez, Jr., Snyder; Cameron Studdard, Sr., Sweetwater

Secondary: Payton Ragsdale, Sr., Brownwood; Josh Elkins, Sr., Graham; Tom Davis, Jr., Snyder; A.J. McCoy, Jr., Sweetwater; Matt Field, Sr., Abilene Wylie; Paxton Sullivan, Sr., Breckenridge.

Utility: Zach Wetzel, Jr., Sweetwater; Matt Ferguson, Sr., Graham

Punter: David Howard, Jr., Breckenridge

…#8221;…#8221;…#8221;

HONORABLE MENTION (Brownwood Only)

Daniel Nguyen, Sr., Offensive Line; Francisco Castaneda, Sr., Offensive Line; Tracer Skelton, Sr., Linebacker

ziggy29
12-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
not everyone is a user why dont you just post the story?
Because it is a copyright violation to do so?

squid
12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
am I looking at that right? Jesse Jennings from Wylie gets Defensive MVP and he's not on the first or second team all district defense?

michaelp23
12-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by squid
am I looking at that right? Jesse Jennings from Wylie gets Defensive MVP and he's not on the first or second team all district defense?

The MVP for offense and Defense is not listed again in first or second team. Think of the MVP as one step above even the first teamers. It's also a way to get more kids included farther down the list.

TinyTim
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by squid

If you are MVP it goes without saying that you are 1st. team.

Congrats to Jesse, He was the heart and soul of that defense. Great young man on and off the field. He and Chance together were a dominant force. Thanks for all the great memories and good luck in the future.

garciap77
12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
If you are MVP it goes without saying that you are 1st. team.

Congrats to Jesse, He was the heart and soul of that defense. Great young man on and off the field. He and Chance together were a dominant force. Thanks for all the great memories and good luck in the future.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/w001_t600.jpg

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Given what Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie having returning....
It looks like it'll be us three in the playoffs again next year.:devil:

Is it too early to start trash talking about next season?:thinking: :D

Looking4number8
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Is it too early to start trash talking about next season?:thinking: :D

Lets get it started big boy...

Brownwood is gonna whip your tail.. Coach _________ it very good and will have all the Bwd boys ready. You guys have never seen what Coach ________ will show you. You gonna wish you had never heard the name Coach ______ before!!!

DaHop72
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM

Is it too early to start trash talking about next season?:thinking: :D And are you :stirpot: by leaving Graham and Brownwood out of the equation?:thinking: :thinking:

Not me, I think those two are going to be tough as well.

DaHop72
12-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Brownwood is gonna whip your tail.. Coach Leach is very good and will have all the Bwd boys ready. You guys have never seen what Coach Leach will show you. You gonna wish you had never heard the name Coach Leach before!!! We will spare no expense. :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:02 PM
2009 District 2-3A Standings:

Wylie
Snyder
Brownwood
Sweetwater
Graham
Breckenridge

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Brownwood is gonna whip your tail.. Coach _________ it very good and will have all the Bwd boys ready. You guys have never seen what Coach ________ will show you. You gonna wish you had never heard the name Coach ______ before!!!

LOL!

Hey as long as it isn't Coach Sandifer

or

Coach Slot-T

It isn't going to help you guys against us.:devil:

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And are you :stirpot: by leaving Graham and Brownwood out of the equation?:thinking: :thinking:

Not me, I think those two are going to be tough as well. Only a complete IDIOT would leave Graham and Brownwood out of the mix. surely he is just yanking somebodys chain. Snyder , Wylie and Brownwood JVs were the strongest. last year. Breck and Sweetwaters JV brought up the rear. Graham has the most varsity starters comming back of all the teams.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2008, 02:05 PM
:eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

LMAO!:D

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2008, 02:07 PM
And are you :stirpot: by leaving Graham and Brownwood out of the equation?:thinking: :thinking:

I gotta draw out RWB and Rocket somehow.:thinking:

Trust me I'm very aware of what Graham has returning.

Daddy D 11
12-09-2008, 02:11 PM
:stirpot:Have I ever mentioned that LH was 3-0 this year against District 2-3A?:taunt:

kepdawg
12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
So i guess the offseason rumors will be Sweetwater and Snyder coaches to Brownwood?

TripleH
12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
So i guess the offseason rumors will be Sweetwater and Snyder coaches to Brownwood? Not likely since these two teams rarely thrown the ball and Brownwood seems to always incorporate the pass into their offenses.

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
Not likely since these two teams rarely thrown the ball and Brownwood seems to always incorporate the pass into their offenses.

rarely throw the ball / not thrown. Guess thrown wins games;)

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I have noticed that Teams that Run the Spread tend to be a little softer as a whole. They just dont tend to be as physical on either side of the ball. Teams that are more run oriented tend to be much more physical on both sides. I would bet that Bwood will go after somebody who will inplement a smash mouth style of football.

TripleH
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
rarely throw the ball / not thrown. Guess thrown wins games;) Thank you for the correction scholar, I guess we could go back and check the perfect spelling and grammar on your post.:rolleyes:

Care to enlighten the downlow on Snyder or Sweetwater's stats throw-n-ing the ball for the last 2 or 3 years. Shouldn't take long and you can probably do it by hand.:hand:

TripleH
12-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I have noticed that Teams that Run the Spread tend to be a little softer as a whole. They just dont tend to be as physical on either side of the ball. Teams that are more run oriented tend to be much more physical on both sides. I would bet that Bwood will go after somebody who will inplement a smash mouth style of football. So, how did that physical style work against 2-A Marlin's 9 in the box when you played them at Gordon Wood? And the final score was what?

Oh, and scholar you shouldn't capitilize in the middle of a sentence unless you are using a proper name.

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Thank you for the correction scholar, I guess we could go back and check the perfect spelling and grammar on your post.:rolleyes:

Care to enlighten the downlow on Snyder or Sweetwater's stats throw-n-ing the ball for the last 2 or 3 years. Shouldn't take long and you can probably do it by hand.:hand:

If my math is right both teams have won over 73% of their ball games last 3 years. There is a good stat for you.:clap:

RedWhiteBlue
12-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I gotta draw out RWB and Rocket somehow.:thinking:

Trust me I'm very aware of what Graham has returning.
I'm right here.....:wave: And I think you are hilarious.:D

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
So, how did that physical style work against 2-A Marlin's 9 in the box when you played them at Gordon Wood? And the final score was what?

Oh, and scholar you shouldn't capitilize in the middle of a sentence unless you are using a proper name.

Marlin - we were up 21 points before the int's. How does the 9 in the box help that.

TripleH
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
If my math is right both teams have won over 73% of their ball games last 3 years. There is a good stat for you.:clap: And both teams have how many State Championships in that time frame??

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
LOL!! Black Magic correcting someone's grammar/spelling is PRICELESS!!!!:clap:

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Wow so I get it now all we have to do is throw the ball and Snyder and Sweetwater would have won 3 state championships in the last 3 years wow. I get it now. Thanks for the insight

TripleH
12-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Marlin - we were up 21 points before the int's. How does the 9 in the box help that. Let me see scholar, how when you were beaten at Gordon Wood 22-14 were you up by 21 points??

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:00 PM
We must have thrown on of them passes that take away 6 points then jumped off sides and they runned et ovr thu gaoline thun they scored and tuk or pointes a w a y. This is the way it wunt.

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! Black Magic correcting someone's grammar/spelling is PRICELESS!!!!:clap: I think your confused. That was Tripple H...:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
rarely throw the ball / not thrown. Guess thrown wins games;)

You are correcting him in the above post....are you not???

Which in turn sparked this comment from him:

Thank you for the correction scholar, I guess we could go back and check the perfect spelling and grammar on your post.:rolleyes:

Am I somehow missing something??

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
We must have thrown on of them passes that take away 6 points then jumped off sides and they runned et ovr thu gaoline thun they scored and tuk or pointes a w a y. This is the way it wunt. So, I take it you dispute the 22-14 score? It's no wonder you have so many fans on this board. By the way, have you ever been wrong about anything?:rolleyes:

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are correcting him in the above post....are you not???

Which in turn sparked this comment from him:

Am I somehow missing something?? Ranger Mom, it is obvious that you have missed something. Black Magic is never wrong so possibly someone must have posted the above under his user name. :doh:

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
So, I take it you dispute the 22-14 score? It's no wonder you have so many fans on this board. By the way, have you ever been wrong about anything?:rolleyes:

no of course not. Jst ask anie of mie TE that idoliz me:D

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Ranger Mom, it is obvious that you have missed something. Black Magic is never wrong so possibly someone must have posted the above under his user name. :doh:

Doesn't look like he's gonna respond to my question!!:mad:

Of course...the proof was in the post....what else can ya say??:p :p

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:12 PM
no of course not. Jst ask anie of mie TE that idoliz me:D Since you last sentence is gibberish, are you saying your tight ends idolize you?

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Yea ask any of them. I get Christmas cards from all of them. I even get thank you cards from New Mexico

Looking4number8
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Brownwood seems to always incorporate the pass into their offenses.

I would bet that Bwood will go after somebody who will inplement a smash mouth style of football.

Actually before our run of 4 straight D1 qb's and even at the start of it, we were very run based with coach Freeman. We moved toward the spread when the talent deemed it so. I think even if Freeman would have stayed, we still would have ran more next year because that is where our talent is headed for the next couple of years.

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Yea ask any of them. I get Christmas cards from all of them. I even get thank you cards from New Mexico So you are actually from New Mexico. In what part of the state were you raised?

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:17 PM
NMMI proud graduate....

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
The best of 3a do not throws the bal. the best of 3a runz tha bal. I think Snyder has been on the right track in the last few years. Sweetwater for that matter too. You do wut you do best. in the last 5 years 2 state semis, 3 state quarterfinals, Not bad for runnin tha bal.;)

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
The best of 3a do not throws the bal. the best of 3a runz tha bal. I think Snyder has been on the right track in the last few years. Sweetwater for that matter too. You do wut you do best. in the last 5 years 2 state semis, 3 state quarterfinals, Not bad for runnin tha bal.;) :thinking: :thinking: But still must be missing a key ingredient somewhere, still no State Championship for either team in that time frame.:doh:

So what kind of team did the Broncos have when you were there?

ccmom
12-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Congrats to all those selected!!

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
:thinking: :thinking: But still must be missing a key ingredient somewhere, still no State Championship for either team in that time frame.:doh:

So what kind of team did the Broncos have when you were there? Would have won more if they would have thrown me the ball more. Roger Sta just was worried about tha thiseman award

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Would have won more if they would have thrown me the ball more. Roger Sta just was worried about tha thiseman award Dang Black Magic, that Grecian formula has worked well for you through the years. From the pictures I've seen a man wouldn't have thought you to be around the same age as Roger the Dodger, and we all know that you are a man of your word so there is no reason to doubt it.:crazy:

Black_Magic
12-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Dang Black Magic, that Grecian formula has worked well for you through the years. From the pictures I've seen a man wouldn't have thought you to be around the same age as Roger the Dodger, and we all know that you are a man of your word so there is no reason to doubt it.:crazy: Pictures??? you talking about My Hall of Honor photo on the walls at NMMI?? You seen me in the flesh dozens of times;) and we aint talking about Roger the dodger. I mean Roger the Hogger. If he would have just thrown the ball to me more instead of Hoggin the ball to run with it, we would have won more. He wanted the Thisman award. You know the #1 rushing QB award in JC west of the Rio Grand River. They call it the Thisman because the QB leggs all his yardage.

TripleH
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Pictures??? you talking about My Hall of Honor photo on the walls at NMMI?? You seen me in the flesh dozens of times;) and we aint talking about Roger the dodger. I mean Roger the Hogger. If he would have just thrown the ball to me more instead of Hoggin the ball to run with it, we would have won more. He wanted the Thisman award. You know the #1 rushing QB award in JC west of the Rio Grand River. They call it the Thisman because the QB leggs all his yardage. :thinking: Not on the Hall of Honor but on the downlow, seems you're quiet a legend on here.:p

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Cory's upset he didn't get first team? :D

RedWhiteBlue
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
The best of 3a do not throws the bal. the best of 3a runz tha bal. I think Snyder has been on the right track in the last few years. Sweetwater for that matter too. You do wut you do best. in the last 5 years 2 state semis, 3 state quarterfinals, Not bad for runnin tha bal.;)
I guess this is why you are a 'defense' coach? :rolleyes:

Troybuilt
12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
Cory's upset he didn't get first team? :D

It aint' the end of the world.

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
It aint' the end of the world.
It ain't but you ain't postin anythang than hate on her ither.

Troybuilt
12-09-2008, 04:19 PM
my brother didn't get 1st team either, but there is always soccer.

garciap77
12-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Don't forget Breck!

VWG
12-09-2008, 07:49 PM
This district will be tough as nails again.
Wylie = reload
They will contend for the district title no matter what.
Graham is gonna be an interesting team to watch. Lots of kids returning, and they gave Snyder and Sweetwater all they could handle with the young kids they had. Started one freshman and I think about 4 sophomores.
Brownwood was very young also, at least on the defensive side of the ball. That one kid, think his name is Longoria, was a beast.
The skill positions will be a pretty big question mark for those outside of Brownwood. How will the new QB measure up? Is the freshman RB as good as advertised?
Sweetwater loses a good group, and their JV was sub-par for Sweetwater standards, but Jackson will coach 'em up just like always. That's if he stays in Sweetwater...........:eek:

And by the way. Somebody correct me here if I am wrong, but the JV teams went like this.
Brownwood, Wylie, Snyder and Graham were the best of the bunch. Brownwood lost to Wylie and Graham, Graham lost to Wylie and Snyder, and Snyder lost to Wylie, Brownwood and Graham. Breckenridge went 0-fer and Sweetwater was one up on Breckenridge.
Again, this district doesn't get any easier due to graduation.

Looking4number8
12-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Brownwoods JV did well with 10 or11 sophomores on varsity

Who-dun-it!!?
12-09-2008, 08:26 PM

Uh..

I think you left one more out there hopper. Breckenridge was no slouch this year.

Every team in our district would have been outright district champs in our old district if you ask me.

VWG
12-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Uh..

I think you left one more out there hopper. Breckenridge was no slouch this year.

Every team in our district would have been outright district champs in our old district if you ask me.

Breckenridge will probably struggle again in district.
They just don't have the depth, and unless they have another stud two way player like Roberson to help carry them...........
I just don't see the Bucks making a run at a playoff spot.

BwdLion_80
12-09-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by VWG
And by the way. Somebody correct me here if I am wrong, but the JV teams went like this.
Brownwood, Wylie, Snyder and Graham were the best of the bunch. Brownwood lost to Wylie and Graham, Graham lost to Wylie and Snyder, and Snyder lost to Wylie, Brownwood and Graham. Breckenridge went 0-fer and Sweetwater was one up on Breckenridge.
Again, this district doesn't get any easier due to graduation.

The only district game that the Brownwood JV lost was to Graham, 14-6, the same week that the QB was moved up to varsity. We had double digit wins over all others except for Snyder.

RedWhiteBlue
12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Graham's freshman had a very nice season, also- even with injuries and losing 1 to varsity.
I don't think anyone should doubt anyone in our district at this point. :D

Black_Magic
12-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Snyders JV only lost one district game to Brownwood by a field goal. So Snyders JV went 4-1

Looking4number8
12-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Everybody's underclass teams played very well. It should be a great next few years. This district will not be getting any eaiser!

STANG RED
12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Wylie will be good as always just because of the system. Having some good returning players will just be an added bonus. But I really think Graham may be the best in the district next year, and wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Breck do very well as well. This district will again be stacked from top to bottom for sure. Every team in the district may have a chance to win it, and again, three very good teams will be staying home for the playoffs.
Sweetwater has some good players coming back next season, and should be very solid, but I think our lack of any offensive balance or creativity will keep us out of the playoffs this time.
Graham
Wylie
Snyder
Bwood
Sweetwater
Breck
But you can flip the whole thing over, and that result wouldnt surprise me too much either. In fact I think you could use LHPM's method for her POOH poll to predict how this district will end up next season.

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
In fact I think you could use LHPM's method for her POOH poll to predict how this district will end up next season.

Why not? It appears DCTF used it this past year.:devil:

STANG RED
12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Why not? It appears DCTF used it this past year.:devil:

Yeah I quite wasting my money on that rag several years ago myself. But it is good for looking up quick info on teams. But their predictions are a joke for the most part. Makes for good conversation I guess though.

Sweetwater Red
12-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yeah I quite wasting my money on that rag several years ago myself. But it is good for looking up quick info on teams. But their predictions are a joke for the most part. Makes for good conversation I guess though.

On the pregame show prior to the Wylie game, they were
interviewing Coach Jackson. He brought up the fact that DCTF
picked Wylie to finish third and Sweetwater fifth. He said both
him and Coach Sandifer took that as a slap in the face.

Apparently they had discussed it.:thinking: :D

RedWhiteBlue
12-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I think for anybody to be 'offended' by predictions and such is just silly. I put no weight in them. People get all upset because they aren't predicted higher by this or that and I have always said just leave us out of your 'guesses'...........:rolleyes: :thinking:

Trashman
12-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Classic:fnypost: :spitlol: :spitlol:

Troybuilt
12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Why didn't the Wylie Q.B. get any recognition? He had over 1400 yards and the second team q.b. from snyder had 600.

Someone help me to understand that?

Scrambler
12-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Why didn't the Wylie Q.B. get any recognition? He had over 1400 yards and the second team q.b. from snyder had 600.

Someone help me to understand that?
I'm glad you brought that up. No matter what you think of him playing over the Sr., he did manage to get his team to the semi-final and he did a great job of protecting the ball. He will be back next year and I expect that he will have a great season. It's been a few years since Wylie has had a returning QB and it will be a big boost for the team.

Black_Magic
12-11-2008, 11:09 AM

Someone help me to understand that? Well, The coaches recomended kids in each position for each team. Then each team got one vote. The kid with the most votes gets the honor. Its simple.

Troybuilt
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, The coaches recomended kids in each position for each team. Then each team got one vote. The kid with the most votes gets the honor. Its simple.

oh, the ol' keep it simple stupid approach. i c now

awylie8
12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Magic, you are so biased toward Wylie that it clouds your thinking. There is absolutly NO WAY Snyder QB should get the recognition over Preston @ Wylie. Numbers are better ( see Troybuilt's post). By the way, there are 2 QB's with post season recognition that couldn't even lead their team's into post season play, let alone the semi-final game. Help me understand that one? I do realize that Pachal is headed to TCU and McCoy is Colt's brother. Both are very good QB's, but so is Preston and his team went deep in the playoffs. Just something to think about. Congrats to all who received honors.

Black_Magic
12-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by awylie8
Magic, you are so biased toward Wylie that it clouds your thinking. There is absolutly NO WAY Snyder QB should get the recognition over Preston @ Wylie. Numbers are better ( see Troybuilt's post). By the way, there are 2 QB's with post season recognition that couldn't even lead their team's into post season play, let alone the semi-final game. Help me understand that one? I do realize that Pachal is headed to TCU and McCoy is Colt's brother. Both are very good QB's, but so is Preston and his team went deep in the playoffs. Just something to think about. Congrats to all who received honors. Look. Each school had a vote. when the two were put up for the nomination Conor got more votes from the district coaches. There is more to it than simple passing stats . I just said how the process works. Sorry you dont agree or like it but that was the opinons of the coaches around the district.:rolleyes:

nobogey72
12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Scrambler
I'm glad you brought that up. No matter what you think of him playing over the Sr., he did manage to get his team to the semi-final and he did a great job of protecting the ball. He will be back next year and I expect that he will have a great season. It's been a few years since Wylie has had a returning QB and it will be a big boost for the team.

I agree. One thing about Sandifer that I admire is that if it were up to him there would be NO individual honors. That is the way he coaches and what he tries to instill in his players. That it is a TEAM sport. I can not see him touting an underclassman for post-season awards unless he was undoubtedly a slam dunk unanimous choice. As much as I love Matt and the job he did this year, I don't think he falls in the category of slam dunk. But, I would bet that he does next year.

awylie8
12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey, I appriciate everyones opinions. Nuff said!!!! All I know is we should have the makings of a pretty good team next year. 2-3A is gonna be tuff.