PDA

View Full Version : Heisman

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
The finalist will probably be Tebow, Bradford, McCoy, and Harrell

What order would you vote these four in and why?

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I think it will be

Bradford
Tebow
McCoy
Harrel

I hope it wil be

McCoy.... then 2nd thru 4th does not really matter

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 07:39 PM
#1 Tebow - Still the best and he does it all. Team in the NC game

#2 McCoy - Stepped it up this year, but didn't take his team to the NC

#3 Bradford - Very good stats and in the NC. Lost to Texas

#4 Harrell - Typical Tech QB stats. Fell apart end of season

Electus Unus
12-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I think only Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy get invited. McCoy will barely edge Bradford out.

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Tebow hasn't done anything this year to deserve it.

QB Rating
1. S. Bradford Oklahoma 186.29
3. C. McCoy Texas 179.20
5. T. Tebow Florida 176.74

Passing Yards
3. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 302 442 4464 68.3 10.1 48 6
11. Colt McCoy, Texas 291 375 3445 77.6 9.2 32 7
41. Tim Tebow, Florida 174 268 2515 64.9 9.4 28 2

Rushing
Colt Mccoy 128 att 576 yd 4.5 avg 10 td
Tim Tebow 154 564 3.7 26 12

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

QB Rating
1. S. Bradford Oklahoma 186.29
3. C. McCoy Texas 179.20
5. T. Tebow Florida 176.74

Passing Yards
3. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 302 442 4464 68.3 10.1 48 6
11. Colt McCoy, Texas 291 375 3445 77.6 9.2 32 7
41. Tim Tebow, Florida 174 268 2515 64.9 9.4 28 2

Rushing
Colt Mccoy 128 att 576 yd 4.5 avg 10 td
Tim Tebow 154 564 3.7 26 12 Don't tell anyone from CBS that they called him one of the greatest college football players of all time the other day.

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM

Your right, putting up similar stats to the other two and taking his team to the national championship. Nothing at all.

ILS1
12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I think it will be

Bradford
Tebow
McCoy
Harrel

I hope it wil be

McCoy.... then 2nd thru 4th does not really matter

Don't forget Michael Crabtree. Because 5 players are selected to go to New York!!!

:D :D :D

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Bradford
McCoy
Tebow
Crabtree
Harrell

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I remember when Doug Flutie won it. He was the first QB to win it in many many years. Now it is a QB almost every year.

JR2004
12-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Tebow does not deserve to be a part of the conversation this year in my opinion. It'll either be him or Bradford who get it though.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Don't forget Michael Crabtree. Because 5 players are selected to go to New York!!!

:D :D :D They actually usually only take 4.

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm really not trying to be a homer but I think you have to have McCoy winning

Keystonepride
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Don't tell anyone from CBS that they called him one of the greatest college football players of all time the other day.

ummmmm....isn't he already?

Electus Unus
12-08-2008, 08:12 PM
They actually usually only take 4. They can only take 2 or 3 if they decide to because there is no set number of people they have to invite.

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
In my opinion it should be McCoy and yeah i know its because Im a Texas fan...haha but seriously I believe he did just as good with less than Tebow and Bradford...and I agree that Harell put up just another regular season at Tech. that being said i love Tebow as a college quarterback and I think Bradford will be the real deal in the NFL but I just think the fact that McCoy had less to work with, no feature running game and no dominant tight end should put him over the top

charlesrixey
12-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
They can only take 2 or 3 if they decide to because there is no set number of people they have to invite.

if there is a big enough percentage of votes for 5 different players, they will have five, but normally only 3 or 4 attend

ASUFrisbeeStud
12-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
In my opinion it should be McCoy and yeah i know its because Im a Texas fan...haha but seriously I believe he did just as good with less than Tebow and Bradford...and I agree that Harell put up just another regular season at Tech. that being said i love Tebow as a college quarterback and I think Bradford will be the real deal in the NFL but I just think the fact that McCoy had less to work with, no feature running game and no dominant tight end should put him over the top

I agree with that

RMAC
12-08-2008, 08:21 PM

First and formost, I don't think Harrell should win it and I go to Tech. I'd probably have to say Tebow. If you want to use the arguement that McCoy did more with less than Bradford or Tebow, you can't leave out Graham. You have to put Graham ahead of BOTH McCoy and Bradford. Look at the schools, the number of 4 and 5 star recruits, the $$ spent on the program, and Harrell wins that one hands down. You can say just another Tech season if you want, but this wasn't another Tech season. We won 11 games which had never been done before. We get all the players that didn't get recruited by UT or OU and managed to compile the same record as those 2 programs, so that's saying something. Just my take though.

Daddy D 11
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
That is surprising that McCoy has rushed for more yards than Tebow. I respect Tebow, but boy am I sick and tird of people thinking he is Gods gift to College football. It's dumb. I'd take all three Big 12 QB's over Tebow.

McCoy or Bradford should get it. And this is coming from a huge Tea-sipper:D

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
If you want to use the arguement that McCoy did more with less than Bradford or Tebow, you can't leave out Graham. You have to put Graham ahead of BOTH McCoy and Bradford. Look at the schools, the number of 4 and 5 star recruits, the $$ spent on the program, and Harrell wins that one hands down.

i agree but then you have to also consider the fact that its all about the system Leach has in place and thats why I leave Graham out

Electus Unus
12-08-2008, 08:44 PM
The thing I dislike most about the talking heads on the network is that they give Tebow more credit than Chris Leak when Florida won it all two years ago. Leak would drive them all the way down the they would put Tebow in. Tebow did nothing to deserve the respect he gets for that season at all.

gatordaze
12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
The problem that McCaoy and Bradford will have is a regional voting split. The Heisman always follows a certain amount of regional bias. Tebow will pick up the East coast and some of the West while McCoy and Bradford will split the Southwest. Tebow will win it again and be the first to three-peat as a Senior

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
First and formost, I don't think Harrell should win it and I go to Tech. I'd probably have to say Tebow. If you want to use the arguement that McCoy did more with less than Bradford or Tebow, you can't leave out Graham. You have to put Graham ahead of BOTH McCoy and Bradford. Look at the schools, the number of 4 and 5 star recruits, the $$ spent on the program, and Harrell wins that one hands down. You can say just another Tech season if you want, but this wasn't another Tech season. We won 11 games which had never been done before. We get all the players that didn't get recruited by UT or OU and managed to compile the same record as those 2 programs, so that's saying something. Just my take though. I honestly think you could argue Harrell had more offensive talent around him than Colt did.

Looking4number8
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
The problem that McCaoy and Bradford will have is a regional voting split. The Heisman always follows a certain amount of regional bias. Tebow will pick up the East coast and some of the West while McCoy and Bradford will split the Southwest. :iagree:

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Your right, putting up similar stats to the other two and taking his team to the national championship. Nothing at all.
Uhm, did you not look at the stats I just posted?

Bradford has almost 2000 more yards passing, McCoy has 1000 more yards passing and more rushing yards.

Tebow deserved it last year, not this year one bit.

I honestly think you could argue Harrell had more offensive talent around him than Colt did.
Harrell is throwing to another heisman candidate.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Harrell is throwing to another heisman candidate. I know you always hear about how Tech had the best O-line in the country and how great Crabtree is then people start saying Harrell doesnt have the talent around him when it benefits him for the heisman.

RMAC
12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I know you always hear about how Tech had the best O-line in the country and how great Crabtree is then people start saying Harrell doesnt have the talent around him when it benefits him for the heisman.

We probably did have one of the top 5 lines in the country. I'm not going to look up past recruiting classes, but I don't see how there is ANY way Tech has more talent/#'s with that talent than UT.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 11:08 PM
We probably did have one of the top 5 lines in the country. I'm not going to look up past recruiting classes, but I don't see how there is ANY way Tech has more talent/#'s with that talent than UT. Who cares about recruiting classes Tech had a better line and probably better recievers and backs. People thought Texas was going nowhere when Charles left and Colt stepped up big timel

NastySlot
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
since when does the university of texas not have talent equal or better then most universities not just in the big xii but in the country...it's the university of texas....you know the one everyone brags about on signing day...the one year in year out is in the top 10 (at least recently)......less talent?......these guys are the best of the best from texas high school football.

less talent...give me a break.

now with tebow...the media loves him lately cause of the speech he gave to rally his team after the ole miss loss......it was probably about as much love as the announcers gave colt after the ou win and during the shalacking on thanksgiving night...or for harrell and crabtree during their win over texas and also that of bradford as he and his teammates were lighting up the scoreboard against 2nd rank tech.

RMAC
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
since when does the university of texas not have talent equal or better then most universities not just in the big xii but in the country...it's the university of texas....you know the one everyone brags about on signing day...the one year in year out is in the top 10 (at least recently)......less talent?......these guys are the best of the best from texas high school football.

now with tebow...the media loves him lately cause of the speech he gave to rally his team after the ole miss loss......it was probably about as much love as the announcers gave colt after the ou win and during the shalacking on thanksgiving night...or for harrell and crabtree during their win over texas and also that of bradford as he and his teammates were lighting up the scoreboard against 2nd rank tech.

Good post.:clap: You hit the nail on the head in reference to the media bias this year. Every team got more love than they deserved at one point or another during the season, not just FL, OU, and/or Tech if you will, UT fans. We know you all watched the ATM game withe your TV's muted, but you couldn't have missed the collective hour or so of air time where they were showing 45-35 signs. You must remember though; it's Texas and they always had it harder than you did no matter what.

Necks_Fan
12-08-2008, 11:48 PM
At the collegic level, Shipley is ALMOST as good as Crabtree.

Maybe as an NFL prospect, nowheer near Crabtree, but Shipley meant as mcuh to the Horns as Crab did to Tech. JMO.

eagles_victory
12-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot

now with tebow...the media loves him lately cause of the speech he gave to rally his team after the ole miss loss......it was probably about as much love as the announcers gave colt after the ou win and during the shalacking on thanksgiving night...or for harrell and crabtree during their win over texas and also that of bradford as he and his teammates were lighting up the scoreboard against 2nd rank tech. Also the same one that lost its top running back, tight end, and reciever off of last years offense.

All I was trying to say is Tech had better offensive pieces than Texas and how Tech fans always talk about how good the line is and the rest of the recievers besides Crabtree are which they should because they are goodplayers. My point was that Tech fans can't say all those things than come back and say Harrell did more with less than anybody.

Necks_Fan
12-09-2008, 12:12 AM
When OU smokes Florida, it will be obvious who should have won.

injuredinmelee
12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
ummmmm....isn't he already?

we could have another heisman winning qb that doesnt make it in the NFL.

RMAC
12-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we could have another heisman winning qb that doesnt make it in the NFL.

Good point Injured. A Heisman Trophy doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl ring, much less a starting job.

GreenGobbla
12-09-2008, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan

lol..

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 07:54 AM

IF that were to happen it would be too late. Bradford will split regional votes with McCoy and Tebow will repeat!

WylieBulldog92
12-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
lol..
Wow you didn't use that as a drug reference did you? LOL

Come on
12-09-2008, 08:23 AM
IF that were to happen it would be too late. Bradford will split regional votes with McCoy and Tebow will repeat!

Heisman will be given out Saturday so the bowls won't effect the voting.

jockcity33
12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
If Tech had the better O-Line then why did none of them receive All-Big XII honors? Yea I know that a couple of them got second team, but if they were the best in the country or best in the BIG XII then they should have been first teamers, right?

Shipley, Cosby, and the rest of the receiving corp for Texas is just a good as the receiving corp at Tech, except for the fact that Crab is better than everybody.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
If Tech had the better O-Line then why did none of them receive All-Big XII honors? Yea I know that a couple of them got second team, but if they were the best in the country or best in the BIG XII then they should have been first teamers, right?

Shipley, Cosby, and the rest of the receiving corp for Texas is just a good as the receiving corp at Tech, except for the fact that Crab is better than everybody.

I know one TTech OL was named to AFCA Coaches’ All-America Team( Brandon Carter)

I do find it funny now how all of a sudden TTech's offense was not as talented when before all the big games this year we would hear how great the TTech O-line and WR corp was..but now talkling about Harrell and the heisman it sounds like the poor QB had no one blocking for him and he had to throw all passes to himself

coach
12-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I know one TTech OL was named to AFCA Coaches’ All-America Team( Brandon Carter)

I do find it funny now how all of a sudden TTech's offense was not as talented when before all the big games this year we would hear how great the TTech O-line and WR corp was..but now talkling about Harrell and the heisman it sounds like the poor QB had no one blocking for him and he had to throw all passes to himself

they act like that harrell scrambled like flutie did on the hall mairy pass on every down, but like u said 5 weeks ago tech had THE best team in the nation and their line WAS so underrated....they are still upset that they are playing ole miss instead of florida or ohio state....hey tech if yall want a shot at the heisman and natl championship....dont get stomped by 40

Emerson1
12-09-2008, 10:31 AM
TTech's oline didn't all receive first team because all they have to do it pass block. OUs line pass blocks and led the way for two 1,000 yard rushers.

Red&White_9x5
12-09-2008, 10:36 AM

I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening. Big Game Bob got that name for a reason plus Florida is playing this game in their own back yard.

Phil C
12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening. Big Game Bob got that name for a reason plus Florida is playing this game in their own back yard.

It sure is unfair when a team basically has the home field advantage in that kind of a bowl sort of like USC did when they played UT and LSU last year when the NC was at the Sugar Bowl. And now Florida.

cshscougar08
12-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
It sure is unfair when a team basically has the home field advantage in that kind of a bowl sort of like USC did when they played UT and LSU last year when the NC was at the Sugar Bowl. And now Florida.

It may seem unfair, but it's never really a distinct advantage. If the team that's closest has more fans, it's always by a very slim margin. USC sure didn't have an advantage. I thought that crowd was more Texas than USC actually. And you just have to remember that the teams that are far away are going to travel. I mean it's the national championship game.

RMAC
12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
It may seem unfair, but it's never really a distinct advantage. If the team that's closest has more fans, it's always by a very slim margin. USC sure didn't have an advantage. I thought that crowd was more Texas than USC actually. And you just have to remember that the teams that are far away are going to travel. I mean it's the national championship game.

Good point. And this isn't a shot at OU, but I just hope Stoops doesn't take off his belt and choke himself with it again. As long as it's a respectable game, I don't think anybody could say well OU choked again. I for one hope they bring the NC back to the Big 12.

cshscougar08
12-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Good point. And this isn't a shot at OU, but I just hope Stoops doesn't take off his belt and choke himself with it again. As long as it's a respectable game, I don't think anybody could say well OU choked again. I for one hope they bring the NC back to the Big 12.

Yeah I hope we don't choke either. In my opinion, last year was the only REAL choke for OU. Boise came to play that night and OU didn't play bad in that game either. USC was simply the better team in 2005. LSU same thing in 2003.

If no one expects you to win is it a choke to lose?

I think it will be a great game. Florida may be playing lights out, but so have we. Plus, they haven't faced an offense of our caliber yet. Nothing even close.

Keith7
12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
1. Bradford - Easily the best player in the country this year..

2. Tebow - Closest thing to topping Bradford, but I think the fact that he won last year with better numbers will hurt him.. Remember there has only been one person to win the trophy twice

3. Harrell - Would have been the front runner if it weren't for the horrible game in Norman

4. McCoy - They just put him in here so the Longhorn fans would stop whining, it has gotten too annoying and heisman people agree.. Its a joke he is a finalist

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

2. Tebow - Closest thing to topping Bradford, but I think the fact that he won last year with better numbers will hurt him.. Remember there has only been one person to win the trophy twice

3. Harrell - Would have been the front runner if it weren't for the horrible game in Norman

4. McCoy - They just put him in here so the Longhorn fans would stop whining, it has gotten too annoying and heisman people agree.. Its a joke he is a finalist

wow take off the I hate UT glasses and try again

Electus Unus
12-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Big Game Bob got that name for a reason
2008 vs Texas 45-35 L
2007 vs West Virginia 48-28 L
2006 vs Texas 28-10 L
2006 vs Boise State 43-42 L
2005 vs Texas 45-12 L
*2004 vs USC 55-19 L
+2003 vs Kansas State 35-7 L
*2003 vs LSU 21-14 L

* Denotes MNC
+ Denotes Big 12 Championship

The name has kind of lost its luster the past 5-6 years. However they do have some wins against Texas in the Red River Rivalry and some bowl wins against average teams.

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 03:02 PM
wow take off the I hate UT glasses and try again why do you think no one really responded lol.

RedWhiteBlue
12-09-2008, 03:06 PM

IMO- This is a real problem that you have.......you don't even respect the game enough to take your blinders off ever once in a while and show respect to those that deserve it.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
wow take off the I hate UT glasses and try again I actually laughed out loud when I read Keith's breakdown. You had to know it was coming.;)

Phil C
12-09-2008, 03:27 PM
2008 vs Texas 45-35 L
2006 vs Texas 28-10 L
2005 vs Texas 45-12 L
*2004 vs USC 55-19 L
*2003 vs LSU 21-14 L

* Denotes MNC

The name has kind of lost its luster the past 5-6 years. However they do have some wins against Texas in the Red River Rivalry and some bowl wins against average teams.

Electus we have to remember though that Oklahoma won the NC game in 2000 when they beat Florida State 13 to 2. Of course that was won mainly with Coach Blake's players.

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Electus we have to remember though that Oklahoma won the NC game in 2000 when they beat Florida State 13 to 2. Of course that was won mainly with Coach Blake's players. Oh no, Phil, we have forgotten about all those wins under that idiot barry switzer lol

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Oh no, Phil, we have forgotten about all those wins under that idiot barry switzer lol Barry's biggest problem was that he couldn't cover up his corruption. At least when he coached for the Cowboys it was okay to pay his players.:D

cshscougar08
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
2008 vs Texas 45-35 L
2006 vs Texas 28-10 L
2005 vs Texas 45-12 L
*2004 vs USC 55-19 L
*2003 vs LSU 21-14 L

* Denotes MNC

There are only 3 on that list that I would truly consider chokes: 2003 Kansas State, 2007 West Virginia, and 2008 Texas. The others, especially the national championship games and the Texas games, the other team was simply better. The Boise St. game remains to be seen. I don't consider it a choke because Boise had a HUGE chip on their shoulder trying to prove they were a great team. Plus, OU had the game won basically. One simple hook and ladder play took the game away from them. Not a choke in my book.

jockcity33
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM

I still think that Tech has one of the best o-lines in the country, tackle to tackle. OU's line however is better now that I have actually watched an OU game. I think Tech's linemen deserve atleast one first team all big xii.

Tech had a 4700+ yard passer and over 1400 yards running the ball.

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 03:50 PM
There are only 3 on that list that I would truly consider chokes: 2003 Kansas State, 2007 West Virginia, and 2008 Texas. The others, especially the national championship games and the Texas games, the other team was simply better. The Boise St. game remains to be seen. I don't consider it a choke because Boise had a HUGE chip on their shoulder trying to prove they were a great team. Plus, OU had the game won basically. One simple hook and ladder play took the game away from them. Not a choke in my book. lot of people expected a better game out of OU against USC. They looked scared out there, that was a low point for the stoops era. even more so than losing to a non-bcs school.

cshscougar08
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
lot of people expected a better game out of OU against USC. They looked scared out there, that was a low point for the stoops era. even more so than losing to a non-bcs school.

I expected more as well, but I certainly didn't expect them to win.

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
There are only 3 on that list that I would truly consider chokes: 2003 Kansas State, 2007 West Virginia, and 2008 Texas. The others, especially the national championship games and the Texas games, the other team was simply better. The Boise St. game remains to be seen. I don't consider it a choke because Boise had a HUGE chip on their shoulder trying to prove they were a great team. Plus, OU had the game won basically. One simple hook and ladder play took the game away from them. Not a choke in my book.

hook and ladder play

Its Hook and Lateral or run a button hook and I will lateral it to you. I don't blame you as the morons on ESPN do it to! Sorry Pet Peeve moment!

From wikipedia...

The "hook and lateral" is sometimes referred to as a "hook and ladder," which is a topic of considerable debate among football fans and analysts. Although the terms are used interchangeably by some, others believe this is not technically accurate. "Hook and lateral" may actually be a newer, more descriptive term for the play. However, since it is so commonly referred to as the "hook and ladder", perhaps this is actually an equally correct term for the play.

Not be me!

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
geez keith, everyone is so tired of Colt that Jim Rome just interviewed him LOL

Keith7
12-09-2008, 05:15 PM
geez keith, everyone is so tired of Colt that Jim Rome just interviewed him LOL

Texas has good SIDs they will get him good interviews..

but lets be realistic.. nobody watches Jim Rome..

Talk to me when he is on a real show

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 05:19 PM

lmao purely conjecture and subjective, like your view of Texas ;)
talk to me when you eliminate a bias and provide an objective observance, :thinking: but then we'd never hear from you? lol Colts a good kid, how anyone can bash him is beyond me. The guy probably prays before he beds that hot girl of his (with the oompa loompa skin lmao)

Keith7
12-09-2008, 05:31 PM
The guy probably prays before he beds that hot girl of his (with the oompa loompa skin lmao)

You lost me here ?

:vrycnfsd: :catredx:

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
You lost me here ?

:vrycnfsd: :catredx: i forgot, being it was Texas, you probably didn't watch the game. When UT played A&M, they kept cutting to his parents and his g/f...she was pretty damn fine, except for the rub on tan she shellacked herself with. lol

RMAC
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Heisman/Best QB Season Stats - COMP-ATT-YDS-TD-INT

Player A
160-246-2299-25-2
Player B
186-232-2142-19-3
Player C
168-244-2450-27-4
Player D
228-327-2567-25-5

Which QB would you vote for? Oh yeah, the stats from Players B, C, and D are from the first half of their respective season.

webot, yoccm, drofdarb, llerrah is the order, respectively. I tried to be sneaky.:D

gatordaze
12-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Heisman/Best QB Season Stats - COMP-ATT-YDS-TD-INT

Player A
160-246-2299-25-2
Player B
186-232-2142-19-3
Player C
168-244-2450-27-4
Player D
228-327-2567-25-5

Which QB would you vote for? Oh yeah, the stats from Players B, C, and D are from the first half of their respective season.

webot, yoccm, drofdarb, llerrah is the order, respectively. I tried to be sneaky.:D

I go with the guy that put his team on his back and carried them from losing to an unranked team at home the National Championship by pure heart and will!

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I go with the guy that put his team on his back and carried them from losing to an unranked team at home the National Championship by pure heart and will! Tech was ranked, still is!:p

eagles_victory
12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I go with the guy that put his team on his back and carried them from losing to an unranked team at home the National Championship by pure heart and will! I love Tebow and how he plays the game but he is overrated as a football player. People love his heart and how he is such a great kid which both are true and are great things, but people translate that and make him in to a better player than he is.

Right now it is a 3 horse race and all are about the same as far as wins and losses. With that not being much of a factor if you look at numbers it has to between Mccoy and Bradford. Had Tech lost a closer game and Harrell not had his worse game of the year in the second to last game of the season he would have just as good of an argment as anyone.

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 07:42 PM

how is the 2008 Texas game a choke job??? I fail to see that.

But my real problem is with your take on the Boise State game...OU had it basically won...well that may be sort of true, OU didnt lead until 1:02 left in the 4th 35-28...Boise State dominated the Sooners jumping out to a 14-0 lead and later leading 28-10...Idk if its a choke job but i just thought I would point out that Boise State didnt take the game away with a simple hook and ladder...they were there from the start

RMAC
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I love Tebow and how he plays the game but he is overrated as a football player. People love his heart and how he is such a great kid which both are true and are great things, but people translate that and make him in to a better player than he is.

Right now it is a 3 horse race and all are about the same as far as wins and losses. With that not being much of a factor if you look at numbers it has to between Mccoy and Bradford. Had Tech lost a closer game and Harrell not had his worse game of the year in the second to last game of the season he would have just as good of an argment as anyone.

I hear all the same things about McCoy. Trust me, I'm from Graham. I really think you could pick any of the 4 and have a good winner. These guys didn't get nominated as the top 4 players in college ball for no reason.

RMAC
12-09-2008, 09:42 PM
how is the 2008 Texas game a choke job??? I fail to see that.

But my real problem is with your take on the Boise State game...OU had it basically won...well that may be sort of true, OU didnt lead until 1:02 left in the 4th 35-28...Boise State dominated the Sooners jumping out to a 14-0 lead and later leading 28-10...Idk if its a choke job but i just thought I would point out that Boise State didnt take the game away with a simple hook and ladder...they were there from the start

Then. . . you can't really say the Tech/UT game was a fluke and give UT credit for coming back if you want to take away what OU did a few years ago against Boise St. It's all right there, just as you said it. Change the time and score a little bit but you basically have the same thing going on. See, like how I did that?:D

DDBooger
12-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Trust me, I'm from Graham.
what are you Harrell's Love child? lol:p

jambo67
12-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Harrell reads defenses and makes the right plays and he's dismissed and a "system" QB. A RB reads defenses and makes the right plays for far less positive yardage and he's the real deal. Some bone-head runs the ball all day but he's a stud. I guess a team with a strong run game can't be considered a "system" for a running back.

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Harrell reads defenses and makes the right plays and he's dismissed and a "system" QB. A RB reads defenses and makes the right plays for far less positive yardage and he's the real deal. Some bone-head runs the ball all day but he's a stud. I guess a team with a strong run game can't be considered a "system" for a running back.

in the NFL Denver is a system rushing attack..plug a RB in he gets a 1K Broncos trade or cut him and you never hear from him again

TheDOCTORdre
12-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Then. . . you can't really say the Tech/UT game was a fluke and give UT credit for coming back if you want to take away what OU did a few years ago against Boise St. It's all right there, just as you said it. Change the time and score a little bit but you basically have the same thing going on. See, like how I did that?:D

i've never said the Tech game was a fluke, I dont think you can find any post where i have said that at all...in fact you've taken what ive said out of context..I was saying you cant say Boise State stole the game from OU on a hook and lateral, thats like saying that Tech stole the game from UT with that last pass to Crabtree, Tech won the game because the played a solid first half and that allowed the Crabtree TD to give Tech the win, just like Boise State...I dont even know where you got that I was trying to take away from what OU did... so i guess i do like how you pull crap out of yourself to try and sound smart...

goosealaniz
12-09-2008, 10:40 PM
in this order...

Tebow
McCoy
Bradford
Harrell

I put Tebow first because of the emotion and leadership that he showed after the loss... He was still able to beat the #1 team in the nation without one of the biggest playmakers in college football...

force1
12-10-2008, 12:39 AM

uhh another regular season for tech:thinking: he helped lead his team to a 11-1 record the best record since 1973 and The 10-0 start was the program's first since 1938, and the win over Texas was the first time Tech defeated a top-ranked team.

harrell 4 heisman

Emerson1
12-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought that was all because they finally had a decent defense and running game

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by force1
uhh another regular season for tech:thinking: he helped lead his team to a 11-1 record the best record since 1973 and The 10-0 start was the program's first since 1938, and the win over Texas was the first time Tech defeated a top-ranked team.

harrell 4 heisman

as far as stats yup just another season for one of Leach's quarterbacks

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by goosealaniz
in this order...

Tebow
McCoy
Bradford
Harrell

I put Tebow first because of the emotion and leadership that he showed after the loss... He was still able to beat the #1 team in the nation without one of the biggest playmakers in college football... In Colt's defense he also beat the number 1 team in the nation without much help. As a matter of fact, Colt has been the only real offensive weapon this year for Texas. If Texas had a Percy Harvin, they beat Tech and are still undefeated.

Bottom line is Colt did more with less. IMO.

gatordaze
12-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Tebow also beat the #1 team in the nation without Percy Harvin. Take a look at recruiting rankings for the last 4 years if you think Colt did what he did alone. UT has plenty of skill.

WylieBulldog92
12-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Tebow also beat the #1 team in the nation without Percy Harvin. Take a look at recruiting rankings for the last 4 years if you think Colt did what he did alone. UT has plenty of skill.
I'm not for either side here but recruiting classes mean zero, some players are complete flops in college.

Then you have the Nate Davis's and Todd Reesing's of the world.

gatordaze
12-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I'm not for either side here but recruiting classes mean zero, some players are complete flops in college.

Then you have the Nate Davis's and Todd Reesing's of the world.

Great then send your recruits our way!

gatordaze
12-10-2008, 09:07 AM
This article talks about McCoy and Bradford splitting regional votes...

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20081209/NEWS/812100984/1090?Title=Heisman__Sooner_or_Gator_

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2008, 09:17 AM
This article talks about McCoy and Bradford splitting regional votes...

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20081209/NEWS/812100984/1090?Title=Heisman__Sooner_or_Gator_

The splitting of votes will only happen if those voters put Teebow at 2

If the regional voters keep it a 1-2 McCoy and Bradford then I think one of them wins it

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Tebow also beat the #1 team in the nation without Percy Harvin. Take a look at recruiting rankings for the last 4 years if you think Colt did what he did alone. UT has plenty of skill. I never said that he did it alone. I'm saying that the offensive talent around Tebow is better than the offensive talent around McCoy.

gatordaze
12-10-2008, 09:21 AM
The splitting of votes will only happen if those voters put Teebow at 2

If the regional voters keep it a 1-2 McCoy and Bradford then I think one of them wins it

Do you think those that love Bradford might have a reason to not love McCoy and vice versa? Or do you think B12 homerism trumps Red River rivals?

jockcity33
12-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I never said that he did it alone. I'm saying that the offensive talent around Tebow is better than the offensive talent around McCoy.

And the offensive Talent around McCoy and Bradford is better than the offensive talent around Harrell(except for Crabtree).

Txbroadcaster
12-10-2008, 09:29 AM
And the offensive Talent around McCoy and Bradford is better than the offensive talent around Harrell(except for Crabtree).

I disagree

I think at most it was all level

TTech had all their OL back, and the bulk of their WR corp. Plus a solid RB(and they put up their best rushing numbers in years)

Texas has NO true RB back and HUGE questions at WR( remember until this year Shipley was someone who had bene nothing but injured, basically Crosby was the only known WR

cshscougar08
12-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I disagree

I think at most it was all level

TTech had all their OL back, and the bulk of their WR corp. Plus a solid RB(and they put up their best rushing numbers in years)

Texas has NO true RB back and HUGE questions at WR( remember until this year Shipley was someone who had bene nothing but injured, basically Crosby was the only known WR

My opinion, Bradford and Tebow easily had the most talent around them. McCoy had plenty of TALENT, it was just all unproven such as Shipley. Tech didn't have a ton of talent, but they had EXPERIENCE.

jockcity33
12-10-2008, 09:39 AM
My opinion, Bradford and Tebow easily had the most talent around them. McCoy had plenty of TALENT, it was just all unproven such as Shipley. Tech didn't have a ton of talent, but they had EXPERIENCE.

I agree with that.

Phil C
12-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Texas had talent. But many of the players were young and lacked experienced and wasn't expected to produce as well this year and UT was considered a team of the future. Expectations obviously were exceeded as most experts predicted a loss to OK and two other losses.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 10:50 AM

where Tech lacked in talent they made up for in a system

RedWhiteBlue
12-10-2008, 10:53 AM

Your right- Colt is so unimportant that they break in to Monday Night football to announce that he will be coming back for another year.
Again, it is sad that the only time we hear from you is when you want to trash somebody or talk bad about them. And it is obvious you have NO RESPECT for the game of football or you could put your bias aside and acknowledge those that deserve it.
I am not a OU fan- but I agree that Sam is a great quarterback and an awesome young man. Your weak! :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue

I am not a OU fan- but I agree that Sam is a great quarterback and an awesome young man. :iagree:

jockcity33
12-10-2008, 11:36 AM
where Tech lacked in talent they made up for in a system

And the QB from a team that finished the season with an 11-1 season and ranked #7 in the nation and beat a #1 team along the way, should not be considered for the heisman because why? Just because of the system he plays in. IF you are making that argument then take Tebow out of the equation also because he gets all of his yarda and TD's because of the system he is in. McCoy throw him out also, he would not have the yard or TD's he has if it were not for the system he plays in. Same for Bradofrd.

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 11:46 AM
And the QB from a team that finished the season with an 11-1 season and ranked #7 in the nation and beat a #1 team along the way, should not be considered for the heisman because why? Just because of the system he plays in. IF you are making that argument then take Tebow out of the equation also because he gets all of his yarda and TD's because of the system he is in. McCoy throw him out also, he would not have the yard or TD's he has if it were not for the system he plays in. Same for Bradofrd. But when you have QB after QB come into your program and they put up similar numbers, either you have the greatest QBs in all the land year after year, or it's a system.

Red&White_9x5
12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Should Graham Harrell be considered and get an invite to New York, without a doubt yes. Should he win the award, I don't think so. I think this one is a three dog race between McCoy, Tebow, and Bradford and I think they finish a TIGHT race in that order

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 12:41 PM
And the QB from a team that finished the season with an 11-1 season and ranked #7 in the nation and beat a #1 team along the way, should not be considered for the heisman because why? Just because of the system he plays in. IF you are making that argument then take Tebow out of the equation also because he gets all of his yarda and TD's because of the system he is in. McCoy throw him out also, he would not have the yard or TD's he has if it were not for the system he plays in. Same for Bradofrd.

i mean we can consider him all we want to but i think if you try and flip flop quarterbacks into every other team, all four of the quarterbacks mentioned would put up crazy numbers at Tech while if you put Graham in somewhere else i dont think he is even in this race...put him into Floridas system and Harrell isnt even a canidate...just my opinion tho...

jockcity33
12-10-2008, 02:46 PM
i mean we can consider him all we want to but i think if you try and flip flop quarterbacks into every other team, all four of the quarterbacks mentioned would put up crazy numbers at Tech while if you put Graham in somewhere else i dont think he is even in this race...put him into Floridas system and Harrell isnt even a canidate...just my opinion tho...

that is because Harrell is not a big runner like Tebow, but he could put up the same numbers, if not better, as McCoy and Bradford in their systems. I do not think Tebow could have put up the type of numbers that Harrell put up in Techs system, although I do think McCoy and Bradford could have excelled in Techs system.

jockcity33
12-10-2008, 02:48 PM
But when you have QB after QB come into your program and they put up similar numbers, either you have the greatest QBs in all the land year after year, or it's a system.

so by that statement no QB's should ever be considered because they all do what they do because of the system.

TheDOCTORdre
12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Does the fact that Tebow had Percy Harvin work against him, like people are trying to say that Harrell had Crabtree?

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 04:28 PM
so by that statement no QB's should ever be considered because they all do what they do because of the system. Wow. I didn't think what I said was hard to comprehend. Let's try again.

If your system cranks out QB after QB after QB with great numbers, maybe, just maybe it's the system. Either it's the system or you continually have the best QBs in all of college football.

You put Harrell at Florida and he doesn't put up those numbers. That's all I'm sayin'.

RedWhiteBlue
12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow. I didn't think what I said was hard to comprehend. Let's try again.

If your system cranks out QB after QB after QB with great numbers, maybe, just maybe it's the system. Either it's the system or you continually have the best QBs in all of college football.

You put Harrell at Florida and he doesn't put up those numbers. That's all I'm sayin'.
I actually understood what you were saying the first time.....:D

JasperDog94
12-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I actually understood what you were saying the first time.....:D I was beginning to wonder if I was typing in tongues.;)

Keystonepride
12-10-2008, 06:48 PM
As I recall Bradord, Tebow and Harrell all walked off the field or turned the ball over to the team with the lead...

McCoy was the only one who actually had the lead but was let down by his defense...

if the D holds you hand McCoy the Heisman no questions asked!!!! That being said my vote goes to McCoy....because honestly I think he had the best year!

DDBooger
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
nm

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
As I recall Bradord, Tebow and Harrell all walked off the field or turned the ball over to the team with the lead...

McCoy was the only one who actually had the lead but was let down by his defense...

if the D holds you hand McCoy the Heisman no questions asked!!!! That being said my vote goes to McCoy....because honestly I think he had the best year!

I think McCoy is the all around best athlete of the three. And I think he was nothing short of freakin awsome in his last few games. Unfortunately OU had the fortune of finishing more impressive to the powers that be. Harrell would be my biased choice simply because he led Tech from the depths of the BCS rankings all the way to # 2 where they have never been before. Sure they started out with a respectable ranking but thats because of what they did the last few years. UT and OU are always up there and half the time there over-rated. If I was completely unbiased I would have a hard time chosing between Bradford and McCoy, but I would have to go with Bradford this year because of where he is now. I'm glad McCoy is mature enough to stay another year at UT, and I expect him to be the front runner next year. And Tebow? yea he's the real deal, But in my opinion he's behind the Big 12's top 4 QB's. And he drops another spot behind Crabtree.

Emerson1
12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't get why Michael Crabtree gets so much hype as a heisman candidate.

Dez Bryant has 19 less receptions but put up 178 more yards. Both had 18 receiving touchdowns but Bryant added 2 return touchdowns and averaged 18 yards per punt return.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Dez Bryant has 19 less receptions but put up 178 more yards. Both had 18 receiving touchdowns but Bryant added 2 return touchdowns and averaged 18 yards per punt return.

I won't disagree with that. Some would argue there head to head matchup so to speak. But that just bumps Tebow down another spot in my book.

RMAC
12-10-2008, 08:35 PM

I think that happens mostly because of the big numbers he put up last year for the most part. He had games where he was double teamed and still had over 100 yards. As far as Dez; I think getting shut down. . . well not shut down because you don't shut a guy like him down, but well covered, if you will, in the big games didn't help him getting a lot of love. Any time you shut him down it usually costs you an extra man which leaves somebody else open and OSU has the playmakers to exploit that. But I will say that any time analyst talk about a game with OSU his name is brought up. He's a big time player and will do well in the NFL.

sotex
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Only McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow invited to NY. Now the Tech fans have will cry even more about not getting respect.

Who-dun-it!!?
12-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Only McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow invited to NY. Now the Tech fans have will cry even more about not getting respect.

Nope, no cryin here!
It is what it is. BCS isn't on the banwaggons, BCS started them.

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Colt is in Orlando and is up for 5 different awards this evening. 6:30 pm on ESPN. Oh and I guess some of those other guys will be there, too.:rolleyes:

Who-dun-it!!?
12-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Colt is in Orlando and is up for 5 different awards this evening. 6:30 pm on ESPN. Oh and I guess some of those other guys will be there, too.:rolleyes:

Colt deserves any award they give him. I don't care for UT. But I'm a Colt McCoy fan for sure. He is next year's hands down Heisman winner!

TheDOCTORdre
12-11-2008, 09:18 AM
So I was and still am sold on the fact that McCoy should win the Heisman, but the more and more I see that one clip of Bradford using his levitation powers as he's scrambling toward the endzone in the Oklahoma State game, the more I'm like wow...

stupid clip is going to give him the Heisman lol

jockcity33
12-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
Colt deserves any award they give him. I don't care for UT. But I'm a Colt McCoy fan for sure. He is next year's hands down Heisman winner!

Or he could try and press too much like he did his sophomore year and not have a very good year at all.

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Or he could try and press too much like he did his sophomore year and not have a very good year at all.
Huh?:confused:

DDBooger
12-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Huh?:confused: he's comparing a sophmore season to a senior season, don't worry about it. lol

You could say that happened with Matt Leinart, but he really didn't have a bad season.

RedWhiteBlue
12-11-2008, 10:58 AM
he's comparing a sophmore season to a senior season, don't worry about it. lol

You could say that happened with Matt Leinart, but he really didn't have a bad season.
I got it and I'm not worried at all. I was just questioning why.
NM