PDA

View Full Version : celina fans

charlesrixey
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
since the meet/greet plan is still up in the air, i just wanted to say that i hope to meet many you (for the first time, or for the first time in a long time) at the game on saturday

many of you may only know me from what you have seen on here or other boards, and not being able to see many games has been difficult, especially since i didn't miss very many for the better part of a decade.

i decided to come back to texas for 10 days so i could get a little more 'home' in my heart (and by home i mean football on crisp friday/saturday nights in december)

some of my best days spent away from our amber waves of grain have been spent listening to our bobcats overcome another team in pursuit of perfection, no matter what time of day or night i had to tune in. it may not be much, but there are a lot of bobcats out there who are very proud (from afar) of what our young men continue to accomplish. I have been there for the highest highs and the lowest lows (1995,2000 and 2002), and for the first time in five seasons (2004) i will be able to watch a playoff game in person (after missing almost none in seven)

i'm pretty sure my wife will sport a continous eye-roll until my return from one home to another, but that's alright

regardless of the outcome on saturday, i am VERY proud of this year's team, maybe more so than any other (and i hold the 2000 team in pretty biased regard ;) ), and we should be grateful to have such a great group of kids representing our town this season. it doesn't matter that they lost more games than in the previous five seasons-victories can be one in various ways (trust me), and if adversity separates the strong from the weak, then this team just might be our greatest ever

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll be there Rixey. Hope to meet ya!

charlesrixey
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I'll be there Rixey. Hope to meet ya!

will ya'll be meeting and greeting before the game?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Its kinda up in the air right now. :thinking:

BobcatBenny
12-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey Rixey, you might consider wearing your uniform so that we all can find you.

I would love to shake your hand.

charlesrixey
12-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey Rixey, you might consider wearing your uniform so that we all can find you.

I would love to shake your hand.

heck no!

way too cold for that

:eek:

as for a handshake, i'm pretty sure i can handle that!

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
heck no!

way too cold for that

Well at least wear a Marine Corps. ball or ski cap. That way I know who you are.

pirate4state
12-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd love to meet you Rixey. I'm going to the Everman-v-SS game so I don't know what time I'll be at the LH/Celina game. I'm staying in the area so I'm open to a M&G AFTER the game.

Would be a shame to miss you since you don't live here. Same with .com. :)

I'll PM you my # and maybe we can work something out.

CelinaCatFan
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd like to meet up during the game. Just let me know where and when.

coachkiss
12-10-2008, 12:56 AM
My plan is to have the trailer parked at 10AM, and the grill fired up at 10:30. However, the administration of Midlothian might have a problem with that. If not, come look me up.

BILLYFRED0000
12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
heck no!

way too cold for that

Hey rix cording to the weather it is supposed to be in the mid 60's. Just wear orange with a Jar head ball cap of some kind. Would love to shake your hand. I was USAF and I do appreciate any military serving specially now. Closest I ever got to trouble was near call up for desert storm.

d0tc0m
12-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll be there, hopefully I'll get to meet you and shake your hand as well Rixey! And I hope you get to make the game too p4state! Maybe we can get a good M&G worked out!

charlesrixey
12-10-2008, 01:16 PM
if there is going to be no pre-game m/g with all the dl'ers, then maybe we can just do that one at halftime and have a bobcat-only one for the pre-game

:thinking:

hopefully i can meet all of you

of course, i will be here for the finals as well, so i'll try to fill any gaps then

:)

pirate4state
12-10-2008, 01:21 PM
if there is going to be no pre-game m/g with all the dl'ers, then maybe we can just do that one at halftime and have a bobcat-only one for the pre-game

here is the problem. there was talk of a pre-game m/g, but the stadium will not open until 3pm and they do not allow tailgating. :(

i guess yall could still gather somewhere in the parking lot at that time.

again, i don't know what time i'll be there, but that doesn't mean yall can't get together. ;)

coachkiss
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I just talked to the Midlothian AD, and he encourage me to take my RV to a park that is directly north of the stadium (City Park with softball fields -- you can see it on Google Earth). I will be setting up there about 10AM and tailgating all afternoon.

How about having the tailgate meet and greet there?

Orange Defense
12-10-2008, 04:18 PM

hopefully i can meet all of you

of course, i will be here for the finals as well, so i'll try to fill any gaps then

:)

I'm all for a M/G of Bobcat Fans only at halftime!!!!!!!!! No Offense LH but last time dotcom and I came over before the game and the game didn't end so well for us Bobcats. I'm not repeating any steps I took in 06!!! Somebody that knows the Midlothian field name a spot and then we can meet there at halftime. What does everyone think about that???

pirate4state
12-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
I just talked to the Midlothian AD, and he encourage me to take my RV to a park that is directly north of the stadium (City Park with softball fields -- you can see it on Google Earth). I will be setting up there about 10AM and tailgating all afternoon.

How about having the tailgate meet and greet there? I figured there had to be a park near there SOMEWHERE!

I will be on the OTHER side of the metro plex or I would be there. :(

Hopefully some others will want to join in the fun.

Balcones fault
12-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss

How about having the tailgate meet and greet there?

I may try to swing by. The only orange I have left is a back to back state champs cap.

charlesrixey
12-11-2008, 11:00 PM
oh, it feels good to be in texas!

bobcat1
12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Welcome home!

alaskacat
12-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I'll try and make it but will be a bit later than 10. I too was thinking TX Stadium at noon but not for sure on going to that and chance missing the gate opening at 3:)

charlesrixey
12-14-2008, 11:35 AM
regardless of the outcome on saturday, i am VERY proud of this year's team, maybe more so than any other (and i hold the 2000 team in pretty biased regard ;) ), and we should be grateful to have such a great group of kids representing our town this season. it doesn't matter that they lost more games than in the previous five seasons combined-victories can be one in various ways (trust me), and if adversity separates the strong from the weak, then this team just might be our greatest ever

i think that the case might be closed:)