PDA

View Full Version : Midlothian Stadium rules and regulations

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Don't know if these have been posted or not already.

I may be glad I am not going....this is going to be a nightmare.

About the Stadium

The stadium is located at the corner of the new Highway 287 Bypass and 14th Street. Our address is 1800 S. 14th Street

Administration

Superintendent of Schools – Dr. J. D. Kennedy
Director of Athletics – Steve Keasler
Assistant Director of Athletics – Jennifer McFalls
Athletic Secretary – Dawn Burge
Athletic phone number: 972-775-8174
Fax number: 972-775-5931
Stadium Press Box phone number: 972-775-6434

Stadium Seating

The stadium currently seats 8,000. The home side grandstands seat 4500 including 1100 reserved chair back seats. The visitor side grandstands seat 3500. Wheelchair accessibility and viewing are on both sides. The stadium is designed to hold 12000 at build out. At this time additional seating is available on the grass berms to accommodate larger crowds.

Playing Surface

The field is a state-of-the-art Field Turf monofilament playing surface. The surface displays two-tone green between each 5 yard line.

Scoreboard and Sound System

The field features a 36’ x 50’ Fair Play scoreboard. The scoreboard has a high resolution 14’ x 18’ Barco True Color instant replay video screen with a built-in state-of-the-art sound system.

Dressing Rooms

Home and Visitor dressing rooms are approximately 2200 square feet. Each dressing room has 55 full size lockers available. Separate coaches’ dressing, meeting, and training rooms are provided in each dressing room.

Football Rental

Rental fee varies depending on classification. For additional information, please call the Athletics Department at 972-775-8174.

Instant Replay Board

There is an optional charge of $600.00 for use of video replay.

Parking Charge

There will be a $5.00 per vehicle parking charge retained by MISD.
Press Box

The press box is approximately 6840 square feet with an elevator. Press/Scout area on the 2nd floor seats 40 people. The visitor coaches’ booth is located on the 2nd floor and seats 10. The visitor radio booth is located on the 2nd floor and seats 4. The home coaches’ booth is located on the 2nd floor and seats 12. The home radio booth is located on the 2nd floor and seats 4. A kitchen and catering are provided on the 2nd and 3rd floors. A video balcony is located on the 3rd floor. Two separate VIP/Hospitality suites are located on the 3rd floor and seat 20 each.

Concession Stands and Restrooms

Four concession stands are located at each corner of the stadium overlooking the field. Men’s and women’s restroom facilities are located at each corner of the stadium. Family restrooms are located at each corner of the stadium as well. All concession revenues are retained by MISD.

Entry Gates

Four entry gates/ticket booths are located at each corner of the stadium. Northwest (A) and Southwest (B) ticket booths are located on the home side (Press Box). Northeast (D) and Southeast (C) ticket booths are located on the visitor’s side.

Parking

The stadium has 1009 paved parking spaces with additional parking spaces adjacent to the stadium. There are 34 handicap parking spaces. Bus parking spaces are available for teams and support groups. Each school will be given a certain number of parking passes.

Trophy

A team trophy is provided to the winner of all playoff games. (optional)

MISD Provides:

- Security, ambulance, ticket personnel, gate keepers, clock operator, PA announcer, stadium manager, field preparation, clean up, maintenance, lights.
- Tickets for sale at gate.
- Dressing rooms for each team with name plates.
- Ice and drinks provided for both teams.
- Pay all game expenses and provide a final gate sales report within 10 working days following the event.

Competing School Provides:

- Secure all game officials.
- Game program and program sellers.
- Provide MISD Athletic office with a copy of pre-game tickets sold and a ticket report.
- Provide MISD Athletic office with a copy of all passes to be honored and a number of complimentary passes.
- Sign and return the stadium use contract.
- Schools must provide a roster by Monday prior to game day – fax 972-775-5931.
- Provide a copy of school liability insurance with MISD named as the third party.

Top of page

Stadium Regulations

Dressing Rooms

- Dressing rooms will open 2.5 hours prior to game time.
- MISD will not provide towels.
- MISD is not responsible for any articles left in the dressing room before, during or after the game.

Ticket Gates

- Ticket gates will open 1.5 hours prior to game time.
- There are no in and out privileges. Re-entry requires purchase of a new ticket.
- MISD Multi-Purpose Stadium is a tobacco free facility and its use is prohibited.

Press Box

- Press box will open 1.5 hours prior to game time.
- Admittance to press box is by PASS ONLY. All passes are acquired from MISD in advance.
- Radio/Press must call in advance to have passes waiting in elevator lobby.

Playing Field

- No metal cleats may be worn on turf.
- Use of tobacco, sunflower seeds, and gum are prohibited.
- Only water can be used on the field. No colored drinks such as Gatorade may be used on the field.
- Absolutely no glass bottles, cans, or food allowed on the field.
- All equipment such as training table, fans, and heaters must have a protective base – make arrangements with stadium manager.
- No live mascots are allowed.
- Band props must not mark or scar the field – chairs, ladders, etc.
- All signs must be vinyl. Do not use painted paper signs.
- No confetti is allowed.
- Only personnel with sideline passes can be on the field.
Spectators are not allowed on the field before or after the game.

Stadium Bleachers

- Absolutely no climbing over the rails from the bleachers to the field.
- Spirit signs must be made of vinyl that can be tied to the stadium railing.
- Taping of signs to any stadium structure will not be permitted.
- There is absolutely no crossover by spectators from home side of the stadium to the visitor side or vise versa.

Top of page

Stadium Rules

1. No loitering. This policy is designed to enhance crowd control and safety. All spectators will need to be seated in the stadium during the course of any event.
2. Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms are prohibited, by law, on school property.
3. Glass containers and bottles are not allowed in the stadium.
4. Coolers, ice chests, food or beverage containers are not allowed in the stadium. Absolutely NO open fires or grills!
5. Back packs and large bags are subject to search.
6. Patrons who leave the stadium will not be allowed to re-enter without purchase of another ticket. This includes patrons with passes.
7. Animals, bicycles, skateboards, Frisbees, roller blades, and balls of any type are not allowed in the stadium.
8. Authorized personnel only will be admitted onto the field before, during, or after the game.
9. Authorized personnel only will be allowed to cross over to the opposing side.
10. 10. A pass list will be located at the press box entrance level.

link (http://www.midlothian-isd.net/athletics/stadium.html)

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
standard rules, dont see anything that stands out

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Yep. They do let you stand during the game to so don't freak out thinking they will make everyone find a seat.

This will be the nicest stadium either team has played in all season.

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I think the parking is going to be a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

At least it doesn't sound like they have a problem with noisemakers!!

I guess a halftime M&G is OUT!!!

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 03:46 PM
nvm I see.

I could of sworn it was open to go to and from either side. If not it was only a small fence separating each side

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why is that? Unless you think someone will take your seat

Maybe I didn't really read what it said....when it was talking about "no crossover" I figured they had it where you couldn't get over there.

Midland Grande has hosted a few playoff games over the years.....you can always leave and come back as long as you have a ticket stub....and entry into the stadium is free after halftime.

I much prefer their more laid back attitude!!

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Stadium Regulations

Ticket Gates

- There are no in and out privileges. Re-entry requires purchase of a new ticket.
- MISD Multi-Purpose Stadium is a tobacco free facility and its use is prohibited.

link (http://www.midlothian-isd.net/athletics/stadium.html)

Great another possible trip to Aledo.:rolleyes:

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I guess all meet and greets are off unless we meet somewhere else for one before the game. I know LH will want to hurry home afterwards to get there Gym Shoes. :p

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I said in another thread that the nicest Whataburger you will ever eat in is just down the road :D

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I said in another thread that the nicest Whataburger you will ever eat in is just down the road :D I like me a WhataBurger just fine. No lettuce. :D

firstcat
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Yep. They do let you stand during the game to so don't freak out thinking they will make everyone find a seat.

uhmmm....I'll take Floyd Casey...don't think this this one is even close.

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM

This will be the nicest stadium either team has played in all season. I don't know. Denton is pretty nice.

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:14 PM
If some of you still want to do a pre-game M&G yall should research if there are any parks nearby.

When LH played Hondo in San Antonio some of us got together at a nearby park. It was a lot of fun!

ronwx5x
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by bobcat1
I don't know. Denton is pretty nice.

When did Celina play in Denton this season? :D

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
uhmmm....I'll take Floyd Casey...don't think this this one is even close.
Other than size Floyd Casey has nothing on this facility. You won't be sitting a mile away from the field either

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If some of you still want to do a pre-game M&G yall should research if there are any parks nearby.

When LH played Hondo in San Antonio some of us got together at a nearby park. It was a lot of fun!

Oh yeah!!! That was where we climbed that tree!!!

There was no way to crossover on that field either!!

I remember talking to YaYa over a cement flowerbed kinda thing!!:D

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
When did Celina play in Denton this season? :D

You mean you weren't at the Kennedale game?

charlesrixey
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
any good restaurants in the area:p

seriously, we need to figure this out!

i want our first moments to be magical:D

Bullaholic
12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
any good restaurants in the area:p

seriously, we need to figure this out!

i want our first moments to be magical:D

There's a Texas Roadhouse on 287 in Mansfield. Of course, that would mean some of the LH fans would have to keep going North a few miles on 287 past Midlothian to Mansfield. Pretty good food at these places.

olddawggreen
12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Maybe I didn't really read what it said....when it was talking about "no crossover" I figured they had it where you couldn't get over there.

Midland Grande has hosted a few playoff games over the years.....you can always leave and come back as long as you have a ticket stub....and entry into the stadium is free after halftime.

I much prefer their more laid back attitude!!

Welcome to 4 & 5A! Theres nothing laid back about it. On the other hand, I can attest that is is a verrry nice stadium. But give me a nice small town hill country stadium any day.:1omg!:

Come on
12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I guess all meet and greets are off unless we meet somewhere else for one before the game. I know LH will want to hurry home afterwards to get there Gym Shoes. :p

You need your own HBO Comedy show, That was so Funny! We will have counselors on hand for all you Celina fans. We felt really bad not having them last time.

BLUE 200!

gatordaze
12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
By contrast last week we had a motor home, a smoker and a bon-fire in the parking lot of Royce City!

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
- Only personnel with sideline passes can be on the field.
Spectators are not allowed on the field before or after the game.

I hate this rule. There is nothing more frustrating then not being able to celebrate with your family and friends after the game.

I realize its a pain for the stadium but c'mon let the players & fans enjoy it.

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
I hate this rule. There is nothing more frustrating then not being able to celebrate with your family and friends after the game.

I realize its a pain for the stadium but c'mon let the players & fans enjoy it.
Ya parents from a team that won and a team that loss on the same field after a game. That just makes so much sense.

Matthew328
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I was gonna say looks like most other stadiums rules and regulations.

It is a VERY nice stadium, don't think you can cross over but if you can it'll be on the south side of the stadium same side where the end zone bleachers are.

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I was gonna say looks like most other stadiums rules and regulations.

It is a VERY nice stadium, don't think you can cross over but if you can it'll be on the south side of the stadium same side where the end zone bleachers are.
I thought the north side would. There is a walk way because the players go under ground to get to the field.

OrangeChamps
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Ya parents from a team that won and a team that loss on the same field after a game. That just makes so much sense.

Losers going on field after the game? That makes even more sense.

Matthew328
12-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I have no problem not letting everyone and their mom on the field after the game. Wish all stadiums had this rule actually.

Emerson1
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by OrangeChamps
Losers going on field after the game? That makes even more sense.
Why should the winners be allowed and not the losers?

Allowing either would be the stupidest thing possible. Not many schools allow their own teams parents on the field let alone letting two random teams do it

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Welcome to 4 & 5A! Theres nothing laid back about it. On the other hand, I can attest that is is a verrry nice stadium. But give me a nice small town hill country stadium any day.:1omg!:

Actually...Midland Grande IS a 5A stadium, for the Midland High and Midland Lee teams....me thinks we are just more laid back in West Texas!!:p

STANG RED
12-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Actually...Midland Grande IS a 5A stadium, for the Midland High and Midland Lee teams....me thinks we are just more laid back in West Texas!!:p

Shotwell is 5A and its open to go back and forth. Seems like Lowry and Odessa are as well. And your right, we are much more laid back in most instances.

RanchRadio
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen

I can honestly say this is one of the nicest stadiums in the state. VERY comparable to Waco ISD. if not better. But then again that was in the press box. From a broadcasting standpoint, AWESOME. fan standpoint, Home=great Away=eh, ok.

NastySlot
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Why should the winners be allowed and not the losers?

Allowing either would be the stupidest thing possible. Not many schools allow their own teams parents on the field let alone letting two random teams do it

i agree why do people think they have to go on to a field following a game....parents...wait for you son at the fieldhouse exit...ours do..........what makes people think the head coach and his staff want to wait on kids talking to everybody on field and their waiting to talk to their team in the locker room.....and the stadium workers want to wait around?.....and fans from both teams on the field trouble waiting to happen.

hey the game is played by kids and for the kids..........fans and family just along for the ride.

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Shotwell is 5A and its open to go back and forth. Seems like Lowry and Odessa are as well. And your right, we are much more laid back in most instances.

Like I said in an earlier thread though...you need your ticket stub, birth certificate, social security number and the rights to your first child to get out of Shotwell at halftime!!:p

Okay, so I am exaggerating a bit....but good grief those people are RUDE!!!

BobcatBenny
12-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I do not see any rules against big fat naked Bennys wearing paper mache Celina helmets.

So, I guess it will be an acceptable venue. :D

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/FatNakedBenny.jpg