View Full Version : This is sad AND amazing

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJQTaC-R6w

WOW

BuffyMars
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Dog tries to rescue dog that was hit by car

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- Chileans have a new hero: an apparently homeless dog who's gone missing. A surveillance camera on a Santiago freeway captured images of a dog trotting past speeding cars to pull the body of another dog, mortally struck by a vehicle, away from traffic, to the median strip.

The scene was broadcast by Chilean television stations and then posted on Web sites such as YouTube.com, and hundreds of thousands of people had viewed versions of it by Monday.

Highway crews removed both the dead and live dogs from the median strip of the Vespucio Norte Highway shortly after the Dec. 4 incident, and the rescuer dog ran away.

Authorities say images of the rescue prompted some people to call and offer to adopt the dog, but neither highway workers nor a television crew could find they animal when they went to hunt for it.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_CHILE_HERO_DOG?SITE=TXDAM&TEMPLATE=STRANGEHEADS.html&SECTION=HOME

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XJQTaC-R6w

WOW

That made my sick at my stomach and made me cry......I wish I knew that they both survived!!

I think that video needs a "warning" with it!!:(

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Dog tries to rescue dog that was hit by car

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) -- Chileans have a new hero: an apparently homeless dog who's gone missing. A surveillance camera on a Santiago freeway captured images of a dog trotting past speeding cars to pull the body of another dog, mortally struck by a vehicle, away from traffic, to the median strip.

The scene was broadcast by Chilean television stations and then posted on Web sites such as YouTube.com, and hundreds of thousands of people had viewed versions of it by Monday.

Highway crews removed both the dead and live dogs from the median strip of the Vespucio Norte Highway shortly after the Dec. 4 incident, and the rescuer dog ran away.

Authorities say images of the rescue prompted some people to call and offer to adopt the dog, but neither highway workers nor a television crew could find they animal when they went to hunt for it.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_CHILE_HERO_DOG?SITE=TXDAM&TEMPLATE=STRANGEHEADS.html&SECTION=HOME

So it did die?? I wish I had never watched it now!!:bigcry:

BuffyMars
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,463326,00.html

this breaks my heart more than i can express.

i can already forecast my death.

"woman crashes into 4,000 foot ravene after swerving to hit butterfly"

"woman flips car 12 times after dodging a squirrel"

say what you want, but i love animals (probably more than people).....no wait....not probably....

IMO and no one can change it. :tongue:

BuffyMars
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That made my sick at my stomach and made me cry......I wish I knew that they both survived!!

I think that video needs a "warning" with it!!:(

yeah the foxnews has a "warning: graphic content"...... :(

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
why would you want to view this? thank god i read below ... i don't want to see this, but isn't it weird that i wanted to see that video of the crocodile dude getting stung or pierced to death by the sting ray?? :thinking: hmmmmmmm :crazy1:

:(

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
why would you want to view this? thank god i read below ... i don't want to see this, but isn't it weird that i wanted to see that video of the crocodile dude getting stung or pierced to death by the sting ray?? :thinking: hmmmmmmm :crazy1:

:(

Had I known what was in it....I would never have clicked on the link!!!

I am with Crystal, I have more sympathy for animals than most humans and I could see me dying the same way she predicts!!

HAHA!!!!

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Had I known what was in it....I would never have clicked on the link!!!

I am with Crystal, I have more sympathy for animals than most humans and I could see me dying the same way she predicts!!

HAHA!!!!

Me too, but I those butterflys and other flying bugs don't bother me! :p It is my belief that their sole purpose in life is to dirty windshields! :D

Ranger Mom
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Me too, but I those butterflys and other flying bugs don't bother me! :p It is my belief that their sole purpose in life is to dirty windshields! :D

Butterflies aren't "animals" in my life!!!:D :D

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Butterflies aren't "animals" in my life!!!:D :D
Me either...what are we talking about? :D :D

Keith7
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
So this makes you guys sad but you want people to post pictures of dead deer on this website??

You guys never cease to amaze me

Trashman
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
This is different; nobody wants to see a dog die. A deer is meat just as a cow is meat. Would I want to watch them die no. A dog, any dog has the potential to be somebody's pet.

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
So this makes you guys sad but you want people to post pictures of dead deer on this website??

A dog is totally different than a deer. I never asked anyone to post any pictures of their hunt, that was slyp and people don't have to OPEN that thread. Again, it is not misleading.

You never cease to amaze me either Keith! :)

Ranger Mom
12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

I don't open that thread either....because, it too, makes me sad!

BuffyMars
12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
i don't want to see a dead deer. any dead animal is not a good one in my heart. but that is me. i just can't hurt another creature. god made me a softie.

Emerson1
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
i don't want to see a dead deer. any dead animal is not a good one in my heart. but that is me. i just can't hurt another creature. god made me a softie.
Did I ever tell you about that rat I ran over when I mowed your yard?

underware
12-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I ran over a nest of cotton tails one time with my riding lawn mower. When I saw it, I stop. I was able to save two. Gave them to my Dad's co-worker.

Looking4number8
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Gotta tell you animal lovers on this thread.

I am the dumping ground for the family as far as dogs go. I now have six, only one of which is mine. I have 3 pure dauchaunds, one dauchaund mix, a boxer and my 21 year old that lives upstairs has a bull mastive.

The dauchaund mix is very protective of me toward the boxer and the youngest dauchaund sometimes tries to own the roost.

Anyways about every 6 months or so the mix and the boxer get into a scuffle but it has always been when I am around and the mix does not want the boxer near me. Yesterday I was out of town for a meeting and the younger dauchaund got into a little scuffle with the boxer and the mix jumped in and took up for him. The boxer got to the mix pretty good before my daughter could break it up. He has his feelings hurt more than his body it appears only a small scrape on his side, however he is staying in corners and kind of hiding out.

All of this to say the younger dauchaund has not left the mixes side.. He will not let any of the other dogs near him. It appears that he knows his friend took the worst of his fight and he is taking care of his friend. It is kind of like the 2nd dog in the video. Actually sad but awesome at the same time.

For those of you who loves dogs like I do, I am hope you know I am only bragging about the love one dog can show for another, just like the dog in the video.

(My dauchaund mix is fine, he is eating and walking around, all be it gingerly)