PDA

View Full Version : Best Thing the BCS has done...

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
..is bring Colt back!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754860

Texas' McCoy 'not going anywhere,' QB tells newspaper
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 8, 2008, 2:50 PM ET

Texas Longhorns quarterback Colt McCoy will return for his senior season, the Austin American-Statesman reported Monday on its Web site.

McCoy
"I'm not going anywhere," McCoy told the newspaper.

McCoy, who had previously said he would file paperwork to receive feedback from an NFL advisory committee about his draft prospects, is hungry for a national title after the Longhorns fell just short of a berth in the BCS championship game, the Statesman reported.

"I'm coming back because we have a solid coaching staff," McCoy said. "And I'm coming back because I feel like I can develop the young receivers we have."

Texas finished the regular season ranked third in the BCS standings behind Oklahoma and Florida.

McCoy, a redshirt junior, said Monday he had also decided against testing the waters for the draft or seeking an evaluation for his coaches at UT from the NFL.

McCoy had hinted before that he would stay for a fourth year at Texas.

"I've been blessed to be able to play here," McCoy told The Sporting News in October. "Not very many people get to [start] here for four years, so what an opportunity."

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I hope he don't get Applewhited.:D

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I hope he don't get Applewhited.:D Nahhhhh. Colt is a much better QB than Applewhite.:D

cshscougar08
12-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I think we should go ahead and write down a Texas Florida national championship for next year. With how much each has coming back, whoo watch out!

Texasfootball2
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I think we should go ahead and write down a Texas Florida national championship for next year. With how much each has coming back, whoo watch out!

Don't count out Alabama next year. They had eight freshman starting this year.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I think we should go ahead and write down a Texas Florida national championship for next year. With how much each has coming back, whoo watch out! Florida will be hit hard with early entries I think but they will defintely be up there if Tebow and Harvin both come back. If Shipley gets his 6th year which I heard he probably will then Texas will be pretty solid.

But I think it all depends on what teams emerge next year in the SEC Georgia will be down some, LSU will be better, Alabama may be even better depending on early entries from the defense only losing 9 seniors.

In the Big 12 Oklahoma State should be good again, Tech will take a step back but still be good although a lot could depend on Leach, OU will reload as always, watch out for Baylor if they keep getting better, A&M however will probably still be down. I dont think the Big 12 will be quite as good next year which could help Texas.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I hope he don't get Applewhited.:D

Mack has learned. Pretty sure Gilbert will redshirt this year; just like Sherrod Harris did his freshman year, just like McCoy did his freshman year, and just like Vince Young did his freshman year. Chiles didn't, but the original plan for him was to use him as a multi-tool athlete and push Harris for second string. Notice a trend in all of this?

Mack was human and made a mistake. He's even said as much. I've seen you mention this on more than one occasion as to that being the reason why you won't root for Texas. It's getting pretty old. Considering the guy who got screwed over (Applewhite) left the OC at 'Bama to become a running backs coach for Brown, I'd say he's gotten over it, and that's who truly matter in the ordeal. I think it's safe to say you need to as well, or find another reason to root against us.

Hook'em.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:27 PM

Coog, do you think Bradford leaves?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Mack has learned. Pretty sure Gilbert will redshirt this year; just like Sherrod Harris did his freshman year, just like McCoy did his freshman year, and just like Vince Young did his freshman year. Chiles didn't, but the original plan for him was to use him as a multi-tool athlete and push Harris for second string. Notice a trend in all of this?

Mack was human and made a mistake. He's even said as much. I've seen you mention this on more than one occasion as to that being the reason why you won't root for Texas. It's getting pretty old. Considering the guy who got screwed over (Applewhite) left the OC at 'Bama to become a running backs coach for Brown, I'd say he's gotten over it, and that's who truly matter in the ordeal. I think it's safe to say you need to as well, or find another reason to root against us.

Hook'em.

Let me think about it for a minute................. No

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Let me think about it for a minute................. No Mature comeback.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM

So what's it like never making a mistake? Can you walk on water as well?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mature comeback. Thanks Casey

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
So what's it like never making a mistake? Can you walk on water as well? No but I don't have to be in love with the Longhorns or Mack do I?

cshscougar08
Coog, do you think Bradford leaves?

No I don't think he will. He's a very smart guy and comes from a very rich family, so money is not an issue for him. He's also a finance major. I think he's gonna want to get his degree first. I'm basing that just off of what he comes across to me personality wise.

pirate4state

And they say women hold onto grudges, some of the men I've met/read on this board are worse! :doh: LMAO

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:33 PM
No but I don't have to be in love with the Longhorns or Mack do I?

No not at all! I'm not saying you should be. I just think your reasoning is flawed & outdated :D .

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
And they say women hold onto grudges, some of the men I've met/read on this board are worse! :doh: LMAO Never doubt it.

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
No not at all! I'm not saying you should be. I just think your reasoning is flawed & outdated :D . Fine. It's mine though. I think your reasoning for not supporting Tech and A&M is flawed and outdated as well. Have an opinion and stick to it.

eagles_victory
And they say women hold onto grudges, some of the men I've met/read on this board are worse! :doh: LMAO Seriously it was 8 years ago. This is like being mad at Bobby for the way he treated Whitney she forgave him and kept going back like Major did if Whitney and Major can forgive why can't you?

BreckTxLonghorn
Fine. It's mine though. I think your reasoning for not supporting Tech and A&M is flawed and outdated as well. Have an opinion and stick to it.

What is my reasoning?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Seriously it was 8 years ago. This is like being mad at Bobby for the way he treated Whitney she forgave him and kept going back like Major did if Whitney and Major can forgive why can't you? Will he after Muschamp was promised the same job he was?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
What is my reasoning? Expand please? No never mind. I grow tired of the burnt orange talk.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Will he after Muschamp was promised the same job he was? When was Major promised the head job?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
When was Major promised the head job? Well Casey, I think you said it didn't you when he was hired. Groomed as Mack's replacement i think your words were.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Fine. It's mine though. I think your reasoning for not supporting Tech and A&M is flawed and outdated as well. Have an opinion and stick to it.

See above. Since you know myreasoning, what is it, and why do you think it is outdated and flawed?

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:47 PM
See above. Since you know myreasoning, what is it, and why do you think it is outdated and flawed? It made as much sense as what you said about mine. I could not do to a young man what Mack did. You do not support Tech or A&M because they aren't Texas, right?

pirate4state
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks Casey

Eagles Victory is NOT Casey LOL

two totally different people

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
No I don't think he will. He's a very smart guy and comes from a very rich family, so money is not an issue for him. He's also a finance major. I think he's gonna want to get his degree first. I'm basing that just off of what he comes across to me personality wise.

He's a heckuva player. Most outstanding in the nation this year, no doubt a doubt. Of course, if you ask value to his team, I'd still go with Colt (homerism at its finest, and I swear we wouldn't have won 8 games without McCoy this year) :D . He'll make Leach's offense look slow next year if he keeps all the tools; who all are you losing offensively?

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
It made as much sense as what you said about mine. I could not do to a young man what Mack did. You do not support Tech or A&M because they aren't Texas, right?

What EXACTLY did Mack do that was so vile that you would never do it?

Applehite was never promised the job, Mack made a decision and to some it was wrong..Just like Landry once decided to go with Morton over Staubach and Hogeboom over White

Coaches have to make those decisions, when they work it looks great, when it does not it blows up

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Eagles Victory is NOT Casey LOL

two totally different people I gotta feeling sometimes he might be Casey. Just a thought. I have been wrong before.

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
What EXACTLY did Mack do that was so vile that you would never do it?

Applehite was never promised the job, Mack made a decision and to some it was wrong..Just like Landry once decided to go with Morton over Staubach and Hogeboom over White

Coaches have to make those decisions, when they work it looks great, when it does not it blows up He did it because of pressure to play the Name kid Chrissy Simms. NFL QB's son. Benched a senior that had set all the records for the Longhorns to start a ne'rdowell.

Texasfootball2
12-08-2008, 03:55 PM
He's a heckuva player. Most outstanding in the nation this year, no doubt a doubt. Of course, if you ask value to his team, I'd still go with Colt (homerism at its finest, and I swear we wouldn't have won 8 games without McCoy this year) :D . He'll make Leach's offense look slow next year if he keeps all the tools; who all are you losing offensively?

James WR, Britton WR, Swindell WR, Franks WR, Batch RB, Leong, ect....... These are all proved and very capable returners for next year. If Leach stays, Potts will hold his own at QB. He been in the system 3 years. "Slow" I think not. Your let your homerism cloud your reasoning and better judgement. I believe that Tech also has three returning lineman next year and their defense will be better also.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 03:58 PM
He did it because of pressure to play the Name kid Chrissy Simms. NFL QB's son. Benched a senior that had set all the records for the Longhorns to start a ne'rdowell.

Well first..no one will really no the REAL reason why..alot of rumors and such

second.I am tired of the Applewhite was amazing and Simms was terrible thought process

the year before Simms became the starters Applewhite showed his flaws..could not handle a rush, made bad throws at bad times and as great as he was, he still got steam rolled by OU and lost to teams like NC State, and Stanford.

I loved Applewhite, he was gritty and an unknown that became a legend..the problem is, that legend has built to become he never lost and Simms never won

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well first..no one will really no the REAL reason why..alot of rumors and such

second.I am tired of the Applewhite was amazing and Simms was terrible thought process

the year before Simms became the starters Applewhite showed his flaws..could not handle a rush, made bad throws at bad times and as great as he was, he still got steam rolled by OU and lost to teams like NC State, and Stanford.

I loved Applewhite, he was gritty and an unknown that became a legend..the problem is, that legend has built to become he never lost and Simms never won *Yawn*

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
*Yawn*

well thought out response sir :D

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 04:06 PM
It made as much sense as what you said about mine. I could not do to a young man what Mack did. You do not support Tech or A&M because they aren't Texas, right?

Actually I root for Tech 362 days a year, even going against logic and rooting for them for OU game. My brother went there, and had I not gone to UT, Tech was my second choice for instate schools. I don't root for them when we play them because my allegiance is already somewhere else; however I don't wish ill upon them or taun them regularly.

While it's a bit harder for me to root for aTm, I know them winning most games (save one!) makes the state as well as the conference look better, which in football terms, helps everyone's computer rankings. I've got nothing against the place, and I've actually made more than a few friends who went there. Good people most of the time.

Again, you crucify Mack because he felt he was doing the right thing at the time, made a mistake, then you refuse to give the man credit for manning up and admitting his mistakes, then moving on with life in order to keep his job (job; remember, mack had been under fire for no offense in big games) . If you don't like the team because you don't like them--or even because you support another team, I can accept that. But for holding an 8 year grudge when everyone else has moved on, it just doesn't make sense. There HAS to be another reason. That's how my thinking goes.

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Actually I root for Tech 362 days a year, even going against logic and rooting for them for OU game. My brother went there, and had I not gone to UT, Tech was my second choice for instate schools. I don't root for them when we play them because my allegiance is already somewhere else; however I don't wish ill upon them or taun them regularly.

While it's a bit harder for me to root for aTm, I know them winning most games (save one!) makes the state as well as the conference look better, which in football terms, helps everyone's computer rankings. I've got nothing against the place, and I've actually made more than a few friends who went there. Good people most of the time.

Again, you crucify Mack because he felt he was doing the right thing at the time, made a mistake, then you refuse to give the man credit for manning up and admitting his mistakes, then moving on with life in order to keep his job (job; remember, mack had been under fire for no offense in big games) . If you don't like the team because you don't like them--or even because you support another team, I can accept that. But for holding an 8 year grudge when everyone else has moved on, it just doesn't make sense. There HAS to be another reason. That's how my thinking goes.

I assure you when he retires I will once again root for the Longhorns. I will stick to Celina, MSU, Tech, and the Cowboys for now. See ya.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
James WR, Britton WR, Swindell WR, Franks WR, Batch RB, Leong, ect....... These are all proved and very capable returners for next year. If Leach stays, Potts will hold his own at QB. He been in the system 3 years. "Slow" I think not. Your let your homerism cloud your reasoning and better judgement. I believe that Tech also has three returning lineman next year and their defense will be better also.

Totally misunderstood my point. Not saying anything against Tech, just that Bradford had such an amazing year this year (more passing TDs than Harrell, comparable yards, higher yards/attempt and yards/completion I think, not sure on last two), that he could make a high flying offense such Texas Tech seem slow next year.

Tech will put up points year in and year out. Bradford's just such a stud, with the right players, he could have just as good if not better numbers, even with a different offensive philosophy. Not every comment made about Tech is a homer-ism putdown. Sometime's its just used to show how great some player is, especially compared to a great offense.

BreckTxLonghorn
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I assure you when he retires I will once again root for the Longhorns. I will stick to Celina, MSU, Tech, and the Cowboys for now. See ya.

NM edit. That was rude of me and I got too caught up in the heat of the moment. Apologies.

bobcat1
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Didn't see it. No apologies are necessary. It is good we all don't think alike. though. What would we all say then? Man we're good aren't we all day long. :D