PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones Basically Calling Out Marion

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 08:37 AM
I dont like Jerry doing this. Marion Barber has proven he runs tough and does not miss games. I think this is a HUGE mistake by JJ

Jerry Jones believed until the team boarded the plane without Marion Barber that his $45 million running back would play against the Steelers.

"He surprised me that he's not here playing," Jerry said in the locker room. "That surprises me."

Was the injury, a dislocated right pinkie toe, worse than originally diagnosed?

"No, it is not," Jerry said. "It is not. He can play with that injured toe. He can play with the soreness, combination of those things. I see nothing that would have led us to believe that he couldn't."

Tashard Choice said he knew after a Monday conversation with Barber that he'd start against the Steelers. That information apparently didn't get passed on to the owner until minutes before the team took off for Pittsburgh.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/12/jerry-jones-surprised-marion-barber-didn.html

3afan
12-08-2008, 08:39 AM
good to see Choice is a capable backup ...

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:05 AM
If your a CPA and call in sick with a bad cold on the Monday before taxes are do your boss is going to say the same thing. I think if Jerry pays his salary he isnt in the wrong not saying its a good thing to do but I dont think you can blame him for it. One of the biggest games of the year you expect your running back to play through an injury like that at least go through Warm ups and try to go.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If your a CPA and call in sick with a bad cold on the Monday before taxes are do your boss is going to say the same thing. I think if Jerry pays his salary he isnt in the wrong not saying its a good thing to do but I dont think you can blame him for it. One of the biggest games of the year you expect your running back to play through an injury like that at least go through Warm ups and try to go.

I would agree 100% if Barber was a RB who has missed games before, but the guy has been a warrior. A toe on a RB is like a pinky for a QB. If he cannot get comfortable he will be useless

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I would agree 100% if Barber was a RB who has missed games before, but the guy has been a warrior. A toe on a RB is like a pinky for a QB. If he cannot get comfortable he will be useless Im not questioning Marions toughness at all but to me that just seems like a strange thing to me that he would say on Saturday he couldnt go with an injury like that. Usually guys will at least warm up and see how it feels and maybe even test in a game situation with an injury like that.

Phil C
12-08-2008, 09:15 AM

I am a CPA and if I have a bad cold he would say "Stay home! I don't want your cold." Also the other employees would agree.

Jerry Jones is not a doctor.

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Jerry Jones is not a doctor. But he did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.:D

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I am a CPA and if I have a bad cold he would say "Stay home! I don't want your cold." Also the other employees would agree.

soft

Phil C
12-08-2008, 09:24 AM
soft

And healthy and well. :)

LHexPlayer
12-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Jerry shouldn't have called him out in public that way. If he has a problem with Marion Barber he should have said it to his face and it shouldn't leave the locker room or Jerry's office. Just my two cents.

jockcity33
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
My question is did Marion practice all week?

Phil C
12-08-2008, 09:32 AM
The ESPN network said that the Cowboys had reported he wouldn't play. So what's there to call out when your own doctors and trainers report he won't play. Come on Jerry. Don't pull another Jimmy Johnson on us again.

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
My question is did Marion practice all week?

no

LHexPlayer
12-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no

Any yet Jerry was surprised.

eagles_victory
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
The ESPN network said that the Cowboys had reported he wouldn't play. So what's there to call out when your own doctors and trainers report he won't play. Come on Jerry. Don't pull another Jimmy Johnson on us again. Marion was the one who said he couldn't go from what I got out of it. I dont think the doctors would of made the decision so soon.

maroonpunt
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
heck i am surprised...he was on my fantasy football team and i got a big 0.....i fugured a "warrior" would play!!!!

wimbo_pro
12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
He IS a warrior...things must not be good for him to not play. Never doubt his moxy.

Rocket Dad
12-08-2008, 11:01 AM
I said it over the summer and will stand by it today - The soft, "We're all friends" approach by the head coach has caused the team to play below talent level. It will get worse until a blow up occurs. Doesn't matter if it is little league or the NFL - people need and want direction, discipline , and guidance. The tail cannot wag the dog!

Txbroadcaster
12-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
I said it over the summer and will stand by it today - The soft, "We're all friends" approach by the head coach has caused the team to play below talent level. It will get worse until a blow up occurs. Doesn't matter if it is little league or the NFL - people need and want direction, discipline , and guidance. The tail cannot wag the dog!

the discipline ways of Bill Parcells did not work great for this team either

AggiesAreWe
12-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
But he did stay in a Holiday Inn Express.:D

I would be willing to bet any amount of money that Jethro has never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Everyone has heard his comments, " The Texans are about plaid table cloths and hardhats, the Cowboys are about glitz and glamour":rolleyes:

JasperDog94
12-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I would be willing to bet any amount of money that Jethro has never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
Very true.

BullsFan
12-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Jerry shouldn't have called him out in public that way. If he has a problem with Marion Barber he should have said it to his face and it shouldn't leave the locker room or Jerry's office. Just my two cents.

:iagree:

Jerry can say and do anything he wants because he is the owner of the team. If he wants to call Marion on the carpet, then do it--but don't do it through the press. Using the media to air your grievances is a fast way to blow little things into big.

Bull's-eye
12-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Choice came in and did probabaly just as good or if not better than Barber. Jerry needs to call out his QB and see if Jessica is blurring his vision. I noticed several times where he made the wrong decision and not throw to the open receiver. Late in the game, he missed a wide open Martellus Bennett and elected to throw into heavy coverage. I'm a huge Cowboy fan, but I have my concerns about Romo. Yes, he can be spectacular, but he has to show he can deliver in pressure situations.

Red&White_9x5
12-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Barber had nothing to do with losing that game and if he had played I think they still lose. He can't be held responsible for the numerous turnovers and poor play by his quarterback

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Barber had nothing to do with losing that game and if he had played I think they still lose. He can't be held responsible for the numerous turnovers and poor play by his quarterback

the only time I think they missed Barber was the drive before the bad punt..That is his time to thrive

JasperDog94
12-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Using the media to air your grievances is a fast way to blow little things into big. Exactly. The only time the airing of grievances should be allowed is during Festivus.:)

Maroon87
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Funny how Jerry never called out T.O. after his "accidental" overdose.:thinking:

westtxfballfan
12-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Exactly. The only time the airing of grievances should be allowed is during Festivus.:)

http://www.whatisfestivus.com/festivus.jpg